Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down (2435 Views)

Tokunbo Car Prices In Lagos / Nairaland Car Prices Vs Jiji Car Prices / ✂✂cut Down Car Prices Listed Here✂✂ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Virgohills(m): 10:44am On Apr 13
Reduce car prices dollar is down

25 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by slimjohn2k5: 10:54am On Apr 13
No one is sure if it is stable.

What the car dealers should do it having dollar and naira price.

The dollar price may be cheaper than the naira if converted but will secure their investments

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Virgohills(m): 12:43pm On Apr 13
slimjohn2k5:

The dollar price may be cheaper than the naira if converted but will secure their investments
your make so much sense

1 Like

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by tanigororo: 2:09pm On Apr 13
We don't even trust our economy again

1 Like

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by michigano(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13
I think we need to get this to front page....The prices of cars should be down by almost half the price now!!!

Only GREEDY car sellers would still argue they got theirs when dollar was 1900 to a naira.

Virgohills:

11 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Kewtt: 3:07pm On Apr 13
Virgohills:

Strongly supported

12 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by delkuf(m): 3:23pm On Apr 13
Not only car price, but other commodities. I am plan of getting dingli pure water machine, but the price am getting is too much. They are still giving me price of two months ago when dollar was 1800-1900. Pls lets consider ourselves. Dollar has gone down and they are still selling goods as when dollar was high

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by wunmi590(m): 3:49pm On Apr 13

Reduce ke, that one is not in the dictionary of Nigerian blood...

One of my neighbour wants to sell his almost dead Honda for 2million, when he discovered that nobody is looking at his face, he has reduced it..

I know that very soon, if he didn't see any buyer, he might either give it to one of his family member or sell it at scrap... So many Nigerians are greedy.

Though I don't blame the real car sellers that have car stand, because some of them import cars when dollar was high, so they might want to sell high too to recoup their investment..

But you see people who have have used their car for almost 7year still selling at a tokunboh standard are the most greedy ones, and the baster.d middle men

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by olisaEze(m): 4:34pm On Apr 13
The gain in Naira against the Dollar might not immediately translate to reduced prices of imported goods. If you consider that the CBN in Feb this year, increased the exchange rate for computing Customs duties at our seaports by 2.6 per cent — the fifth increase this year! The rate was reviewed upward from N1, 444.56/$ to N1,481.482/$, according to information from the official trade portal of the Nigeria Customs Service.

This means importers will pay more to clear their goods as import duties are benchmarked against the dollar. The journey up is always harder than the slide downwards. Shalom cool

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Kelklein(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13
Nigerians take advantage of each other so much.. it was part of the problem Dollar itself had..

People collect remittances sent to them by family members in the bank and start rushing to Aboki.. everywhere you turn, everyone is trying to game the system.

3 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by advanceDNA: 4:45pm On Apr 13
I understand those who bought cars recently, like 2022-2023, 2024

The wereys that bought tokunbo big daddy 7 years ago, for 1650M but wants to sell for 3.7M, third hand for that matter , should be arrested

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Dynamicboss: 4:46pm On Apr 13
michigano:
I think we need to get this to front page....The prices of cars should be down by almost half the price now!!!

Only GREEDY car sellers would still argue they got theirs when dollar was 1900 to a naira.

Customs duty plus Naira equivalent to purchase and cars shipment when dollars was all high is circumvented to why it remains high. T he market is still volatile. T he car dealers need time. They are not greedy and don’t want to incur any loss

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Virgohills(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13
Thanks everyone for the positive reinforcement
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Virgohills(m): 5:14pm On Apr 13
[i][/i]
advanceDNA:
I understand those who bought cars recently, like 2022-2023, 2024

The wereys that bought tokunbo big daddy for 7 years for 1650M but wants to sell for 3.7M should be arrested
honestly
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by greggng: 5:59pm On Apr 13
I am not making case for car dealers but I have a question for some of us questioning why they can't bring g down car price . Let's assume they got there cars when dollar was 1800naira and those cars are parked in there car stand waiting for buyer.....are you now saying they should reduce car price a that they can sell at a loss? Put yourself in there shoes ...people should sell according to how they buy...I don't expect them.to sellll at a loss .. they are not responsible for your unstable economy

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Kewtt: 7:02pm On Apr 13
greggng:
I am not making case for car dealers but I have a question for some of us questioning why they can't bring g down car price . Let's assume they got there cars when dollar was 1800naira and those cars are parked in there car stand waiting for buyer.....are you now saying they should reduce car price a that they can sell at a loss? Put yourself in there shoes ...people should sell according to how they buy...I don't expect them.to sellll at a loss .. they are not responsible for your unstable economy
If they bought at 2000 dollars. Let them sell at the necessary profit margin using the dollar.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Babaken(m): 7:06pm On Apr 13
greggng:
If they pack those car in their stand waiting to sell it that high as they expect and people source dollar at cheaper rate import the same car and tag the price ALMOST of their other person don't you think that car will pack there for long cus he's waiting to sale 12m why others are selling 6.5m for the same car

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Kewtt: 7:07pm On Apr 13
Babaken:
Of they pack those car in their stand waiting to sell it that high as they expect and people source dollar at cheaper rate import the same car and tag the price ALMOST of their other person don't you think that car will pack there for long cus he's waiting to sale 12m why others are selling 6.5m for the same car
Imagine the Nigerian 20+ years used car sellers too...

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Asquare84(m): 7:09pm On Apr 13
greggng:

what of when the value of Dollar increased, why did they increased the price of their old stock on a mere assumption that value of Dollar is increasing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by greggng: 7:23pm On Apr 13
Asquare84:

what of when the value of Dollar increased, why did they increased the price of their old stock on a mere assumption that value of Dollar is increasing.

I love this question you asked . I even fought a man that owes supermarket over this issue . It has to do with market control . Recently lagos state govt warned all super markets to label the price of there goods . Goods should be batched to differentiate when they actually bought . A govt agency ought to be I charge if monitoring such behavior..same happens whenever petrol price increased . Those with old stock wanna make abnormal profit...is a kind of corrupt aided by govt inability to effect proper control.

3 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by greggng: 7:25pm On Apr 13
Babaken:
Of they pack those car in their stand waiting to sell it that high as they expect and people source dollar at cheaper rate import the same car and tag the price ALMOST of their other person don't you think that car will pack there for long cus he's waiting to sale 12m why others are selling 6.5m for the same car

Another vital question you failed to ask is...have govt reduced the price of clearing?

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Virgohills(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13
Kewtt:

If they bought at 2000 dollars. Let them sell at the necessary profit margin using the dollar.
you said it all

1 Like

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Greystone: 9:10pm On Apr 13
Asquare84:

Greed.
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by wunmi590(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13
Kewtt:

Spot on
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by mytime24(f): 10:31pm On Apr 13
When U talk now

Their supporters will tell U dey're stil hvin old stocks

U begin to ask till when

Mayb till 2027 b4 price of commodities go come down 😞
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Majesty7: 10:44pm On Apr 13
slimjohn2k5:

Only in brand new or foreign used and never on Nigerian used
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by AcadaWriter: 11:16pm On Apr 13
We don't even trust our economy again
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by pafisayo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 13
Asquare84:

In all honesty . How long does it take one to procure a car overseas and finish paper work then ship to Nigeria and clear ?
Most of the cars cleared in Nigeria as at First of April 2024 were most likely bought 2 months earlier when Dollar was no where near 1400 to a Naira . Exactly a month ago Dollar peaked 1400plus .
We are just naturally greedy . People wey import the cars sef most likely are not the ones advertising .
Middle man will add his own
Semi middle man will add all his April problems too
Same cars on Naira land with 150-200k margin are being posted by different supposed dealers .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by tanigororo: 4:20am On Apr 14
greggng:
How about the stock they had prior to high rate?
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Beverlyjean(f): 4:36am On Apr 14
greggng:

U are saying nonsense...same car dealers that bought vehicles when dollars was 700 naira, increased the price as dollars rose , saying they had to restock ....we agreed with them...now that the dollar has come down , they have thrown that logic out of the window... reducing the amount now that the dollar has come down will still be possible to restock....they are simply evil and greedy... anyone that wants to buy a car should import it themselves and leave these greedy car dealers , let their cars rot in their stands

7 Likes

Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Virgohills(m): 5:29am On Apr 14
Hnn
Re: Reduce Car Prices Dollar Is Down by Kewtt: 7:40am On Apr 14
Beverlyjean:

U are saying nonsense...same car dealers that bought vehicles when dollars was 700 naira, increased the price as dollars rose , saying they had to restock ....we agreed with them...now that the dollar has come down , they have thrown that logic out of the window... reducing the amount now that the dollar has come down will still be possible to restock....they are simply evil and greedy... anyone that wants to buy a car should import it themselves and leave these greedy car dealers , let their cars rot in their stands

Well said

(1) (2) (Reply)

2004 Peugeot 607 / A Brand New But Fairly Used ( Honda I-v Tech 2005 ) 1.7m Pix Attached. / 1988 Mack R Model Dump 25 Plus Tons SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.