Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) (34898 Views)

Israeli Linked Cargo Ship Hit By Drone Off India's Coast / Second Israeli-linked Ship Hijacked Off Yemen Coast. / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Krismas(m): 9:35pm On Apr 13
obedience4:

Dp you know what it takes to enforce a naval blockage
We are talking about ship's monitoring the seas 24/7,
Dose Iran have the navy power to mount a blockage,,
A naval blockage is stopping ships from passing a particular route, both military and civilian vessels,
Shooting rocket is not the same as a blockage
The red sea you are saying is blocked by the houtis is been patrolled by USA navy warship this every moment, and you are saying a naval blockage

Go and read about the USA naval blockage against Cuba, during the Cuba missiles crisis.

The funny thing is that you wrote Hezbollah
Hezbollah that can't even put it's house together will enforce a naval blockage.

Even Iran can't even enforce dominance over waters in it's backyard, the Persia gulf were the USA navy fifth fleet is headquarters in Bahrain

Please write with facts
grin grin very dull people. america naval blockade against cuba is very cheap and simple kind of blockade. its like standing infront of a door and preventing anyone from entering. houthi blockade is far far more complex. number one, it a selective kind of blockade. like standing in front of a door and then preventing only a certain kind of people from entering. the blockade target america, british and israel ships only. so, how do u know, if a ship is israel or not? cos just like danfo, a ship can carry any goods for any country. meaning, a ship maybe allowed to pass in the morning cos its serving france only for same ship to be blocked in the afterrnoon cos its now serving america. u need supper intel to know the difference. then secondly, houthi is standing at many doors at once. the bab al mandeb strait, the gulf of aden and the indian ocean and no american british or israeli ship has passed for 6months now. if u think that what iran or houthi is doing is not blockade, go and pass there first, i wan check something
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Segxydube: 9:35pm On Apr 13
khalling2008:

Waitin I dey talk be say, your god own country dey fear Iran attack and hamas has defeated isreal

See mumu🤣🤣

Hamas defeated israel and na hamas lose pple pass... U still dey dream, wen u wake up check ur brain well.

Israel dey fear iran attack and na iran dey fight proxy war😂😂 israel attacked dem directly but iran dey attack through third party... Dey play oo
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Krismas(m): 9:40pm On Apr 13
hammer567:

THEN EXPECT LEBANON TO RECIEVE THE GAZA TREATMENT.

HAMAS THOUGHT THEY WERE CLEVER TOO.

MIKE TYSON SAID, 'EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.'
grin lebanon has been firing rockets into israel since oct7 and all israel has been doing, is begging lebanon to pls accept ceasefire grin grin
gaza treatment ko, gaza treatment ni grin grin
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by sunboy(m): 9:45pm On Apr 13
Exjoker:
Sentiment How many times have Iran indirectly attack Israel home soil using proxies Even the 7th October attack by hamas was orchestrated by the said late general that was killed in the Israeli attack on the Iranian consolate.

Honestly speaking Iran understand Clearly that a direct attack on Israel will be very costly.

Both Israel, Iran, US and the whole world understand the consequences of starting a war with another country.

I hate to go back to this but let’s be clear; I am in support of IDF rooting out Hamas terrorist wherever they are, I am simply against their killing of women, children and destroying infrastructures like hospitals. Russians haven’t done a quarter of that in Ukraine since their war started yet the media seem to crucify Russia cos they are on the wrong side of the story.
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by sunboy(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13
Cruzmaster:

They retaliated by bombing an empty space with no serious destruction. They are cowards 😂😂😂

What you posted up there shows you knew nothing about what happened in that retaliation. That’s not the topic at hand anyways, Google is a free resource to find out if they hit an empty yard or not.
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by obedience4(m): 9:47pm On Apr 13
Krismas:
grin grin very dull people. america naval blockade against cuba is very cheap and simple kind of blockade. its like standing infront of a door and preventing anyone from entering. houthi blockade is far far more complex. number one, it a selective kind of blockade. like standing in front of a door and then preventing only a certain kind of people from entering. the blockade target america, british and israel ships only. so, how do u know, if a ship is israel or not? cos just like danfo, a ship can carry any goods for any country. meaning, a ship maybe allowed to pass in the morning cos its serving france only for same ship to be blocked in the afterrnoon cos its now serving america. u need supper intel to know the difference. then secondly, houthi is standing at many doors at once. the bab al mandeb strait, the gulf of aden and the indian ocean and no american british or israeli ship has passed for 6months now. if u think that what iran or houthi is doing is not blockade, go and pass there first, i wan check something

I hate engaging dull people,
The USA navy blockage the largest deployment of naval ssets in peace TIME, since ww2
I don't have TIME to trade words with someone who is obviously not smart.

Cheers
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by sunboy(m): 9:47pm On Apr 13
billyG:

A consulate is not a consulate if it is planning a terrorists attack mind you Israel is am angry lion.

You will defend rubbish, and it’s okay. 👍🏾
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by sunboy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
Until Iran repent and stop sponsoring terrorists to attack Israel, the whole Iran and its government are a designated terrorist group and anywhere their army chiefs or government officials go, they will be eliminated until they get sense and seek for peace.

Instead of Muslims to calm down and go to laboratories to discover the cure to HIV, Cancer, Sickle cell, etc and make the world a better place, they are busy forming all manner of terrorist groups in the name of fighting for Allah. Everything about Muslims is religion, kill, bomb, amputate, disembowel and destroy, Muslims should be so worried about this and have a rethink.

They should continue

Hahah Muslims are the problem now. You still gullibly think that this is a religious fight hahah jokes on you
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by NairaMaster1(m): 9:52pm On Apr 13
misreal:

Someone said Iran will destroy Israel,I just begin laugh

Iran cowdice can compete with that of Nigerian military.

Tactical manoeuvre.
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Krismas(m): 9:58pm On Apr 13
obedience4:

I hate engaging dull people,
The USA navy blockage the largest deployment of naval ssets in peace TIME, since ww2
I don't have TIME to trade words with someone who is obviously not smart.

Cheers
grin nonesense. u dont know what naval blockade is. thats ur problem. israel has placed a naval blockade against gaza since 2016, do u need all the ship in the world to do such simple thing? the cuban crisis almost led to a war btw two super powers. naval deployment for war is not called naval blockade
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by franchasofficia: 10:00pm On Apr 13
sunboy:

Hahah Muslims are the problem now. You still gullibly think that this is a religious fight hahah jokes on you
You brainwashed Muslims always see every misunderstanding and conflict as religious, don't use takiya on me, I am smarter than you Muslim terrorists shocked
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Empiree: 10:10pm On Apr 13
All of you ignorant Nigerians are that commenting in support of Israel are only religiously motivated. Anything Israel does is okay but if Arab or Muslim country does it you say it is terrorism. Israel attacked Iranian embassy in a foreign country. This is a gross violation of international law and an act of war. Attack on embassy by a State is an act of war. Don't you people get it?.

Iran has every right to respond. Israel has been looking for war with Iran for decades but Iran has been very matured about it. You all need to rewind Israel's activities under Benjamin Natanyahu in the early 90s. Israel was desperately pushing US to attack Iran and i finally deliberately launched attack directly on Iran embassy which is tantamount to attacking Iran in itself.

In 2009, Israel assassinated Iranian scientist in UAE but Iran did not respond. Israel again has used I..S..I..S and Alkaida proxies to launch attack inside Iran several times but Iran still did not respond bcus Iran is aware of Israel's mission. Now, Israel went further to launch direct attack on Iranian embassy. This was not proxy attack but direct attack from Israel which means an attack on Iran. This is very wrong and what's more wrong is no condemnation from UN or any western powers. Iran has right to defend itself.

2 Likes

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Empiree: 10:16pm On Apr 13
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Empiree: 10:17pm On Apr 13
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by BeautifulSmiles: 10:17pm On Apr 13
Omotaday:
Okay. Anything in place of a direct attack on Israel is welcomed.

A deterrence strike by Iran against Israel will do little or no significant damage with US air defences covering the flight space, and loads of AD systems waiting in Israel. On top of that, Israel will have an excuse to attack Iran directly, so what’s the gain?

Peace!

Be ready for the Frontlines, 72 virgins awaits you.

After now you will start shouting Israel and genocide grin mm as national anthem.
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Empiree: 10:21pm On Apr 13
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by sunboy(m): 10:45pm On Apr 13
franchasofficia:
You brainwashed Muslims always see every misunderstanding and conflict as religious, don't use takiya on me, I am smarter than you Muslim terrorists shocked

A gullible poster here just called me a Muslim without knowing what I look like… sure you are smarter than yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13
Muslim terrorist supporters no go talk now if Israel start bouncing on Dem now nnah go dey cry nop we shall see
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Konquest: 11:08pm On Apr 13
Botragelad:

Video said to show commandos rappelling from helicopter onto Portugal-flagged MSC Aries in Gulf of Oman, off Emirati port Fujairah; vessel associated with Eyal Ofer’s Zodiac Group

A video first reported by The Associated Press showed commandos raiding a ship near the Strait of Hormuz by helicopter Saturday, an attack a Mideast defense official attributed to Iran amid wider tensions between Tehran and the West.

The vessel involved is likely the Portuguese-flagged MSC Aries, a container ship associated with London-based Zodiac Maritime. Zodiac Maritime is part of Israeli billionaire Eyal Ofer’s Zodiac Group.

Zodiac declined to comment and referred questions to MSC, which did not immediately respond.

The MSC Aries had been last located off Dubai heading toward the Strait of Hormuz on Friday. The ship had turned off its tracking data, which has been common for Israeli-affiliated ships moving through the region.

The video — not released by the news agency — showed the attack earlier reported by the British military’s United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations. It described the vessel as being “seized by regional authorities” in the Gulf of Oman off the Emirati port city of Fujairah, without elaborating.

The defense official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss intelligence matters, shared the video with the AP

In it, the commandos rappelled down onto a stack of containers sitting on the deck of the vessel.

A crew member on the ship could be heard saying: “Don’t come out.” The crew mate then tells his colleagues to go to the ship’s bridge as more commandos come down on the deck. One commando can be seen kneeling above the others to provide them with potential cover fire.

Though the AP could not immediately verify the video, it corresponded to known details of the boarding and the helicopter involved appeared to be one used by Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, which has carried out other ship raids in the past.

The incident comes amid heightened tensions between Iran and the West, with Israel bracing for an attack from Tehran after an April 1 strike on a building in the Iranian embassy compound in the Syrian capital of Damascus, which killed several Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps commanders, including two generals.

Iran did not immediately acknowledge seizing any vessel, nor was there any report carried by state media about the incident. However, Iran since 2019 has engaged in a series of ship seizures and had attacks on vessels attributed to it amid ongoing tensions with the West over its rapidly advancing nuclear program.

The Gulf of Oman is near the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf through which a fifth of all oil passes. Fujairah, on the United Arab Emirates’ eastern coast, is a main port in the region for ships to take on new oil cargo, pick up supplies or trade out crew.

Since 2019, the waters off Fujairah have seen a series of explosions and hijackings. The US Navy blamed Iran for limpet mine attacks on vessels that damaged tankers.

Source:
https://www.timesofisrael.com/irans-revolutionary-guard-boards-israeli-linked-ship-near-strait-of-hormuz-reports/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU449_pUTyc?si=z4RxsNZ6ulOD-_rV
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Felabrity: 11:23pm On Apr 13
Originality007:

They kill a whole number 1 general of a country, and still dey say if dey born Dem well make Dem try rubbish.

It is iran u should ask to do strike Israel not Israel again
check the latest

1 Like

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Galadimabawa: 11:27pm On Apr 13
Another misfire loading
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Bbbwings: 12:11am On Apr 14
Straybullet:
Cowards.
Hahaha...
We will bomb israel yenyenyen

😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆 😂 😆
wake up it is happening.

1 Like

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Straybullet: 12:14am On Apr 14
Bbbwings:

wake up it is happening.

I'm up, Iranian drones are being intercepted even before reaching Israeli
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by Babalola0920: 12:40am On Apr 14
Fibonacci88:
This Iranians are clowns I swear. So attacking civilian ships owned by other countries is the retaliation they promised. Naso Dem make noise the last time and ended up blowing up a passenger airplane that had 90% of Thier own citizens onboard.

Israel attacking women and children are bravery

1 Like

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by hooklover: 1:36am On Apr 14
sunboy:

Sentiment aside, Isreal already declared a war LEGALLY, but attacking a soft spot, such as a consulate. That was one step too many.

Now if Iran choose to retaliate.. and it becomes an all out war, then I guess it is what it is.

Nobody has the immunity to attack another country and not get attacked back.

Iran will respond, how they choose to respond is what we all don’t know. They retaliated against the US during Trump’s regime, I don’t see why they won’t respond to Isreal now.

So all d attack iran is using hezbollah and hamas to attavk is it not from iran...
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by zinaunreal(m): 1:43am On Apr 14
Blossomcresty:

Is the ship worth a whole general's life?

Na only one general die? Did you even investigate what haopened before you dey type?
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by zinaunreal(m): 1:45am On Apr 14
obedience4:

The ship is a soft target
Common sense, a container ship is not armed
Abs it's private owned, big ships like this are insured, no harm really done.

The thing is your general was killed, and your consulate bombed,
The best you can do is attack a civilian ship

Dose that make sense?

Fake israel is going down. Useless American made israel that Albert Einstein even warned them sternly about not to create una dey support out of raw mumuism and ignorance. Continue

1 Like

Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by sunboy(m): 3:40am On Apr 14
hooklover:

So all d attack iran is using hezbollah and hamas to attavk is it not from iran...

No justification for a consulate bombing, got it ?

All military coupers in Sahel Africa were trained by the Africom, by your definition… you’d say that the US was using those military boys to plan coup in the Sahel cos they trained them?
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by akilo1: 3:58am On Apr 14
misreal:

Someone said Iran will destroy Israel,I just begin laugh
just ignore that kid
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by onadana: 4:03am On Apr 14
Fremodex:
You are naive. War is strategical, ever wonder why Israel refused to admit bombing of Iran consulate? So if Iran would respond it won't be direct too until one of them is bold enough to lunch direct attack.

Make your point without any innuendos that's how matured minds reason.
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by onadana: 4:05am On Apr 14
zinaunreal:

Go rescue the ship na. Noise maker

Matured minds accommodates other people's opinions.
Re: Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Seizes Israeli-Linked Ship Near Strait Of Hormus(pix) by SS777(m): 5:24am On Apr 14
Fidecoo:

Hey my nigga.

I see you getting ready and preparing to go and meet your 77virgins

Illiterate uneducated no wonder people like you continue suffering for lack of common wisdom.

Everyone is Muslim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video) / 2 South African Mercenaries Mistaken For Boko Haram Killed In Error / Lehigh University Has Rescinded Trump's Honorary Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.