Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage (13531 Views)

Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / Band A Customers Decry Extortion By Power Firms Amid Poor Supply / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Racoon(m): 7:57pm On Apr 14
Power generation and distribution have never ever improved for once nor stabilise yet tariff is hitting the roof.

3 Likes

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by atobs4real(m): 7:57pm On Apr 14
When they are not yet ripe for such decisions.
They should keep facing it.
Even Aso Rock no be band A
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by CaptainFM1: 7:59pm On Apr 14
No discos can meet that requirement in this present Nigeria, except a separate "catchment entity" that has its own IPP station specifically for that catchment.

The problem with the power sector is beyond electricity itself. There's need to look into the minimum wage in this country first. Labour union should demand for hourly rate rather than minimum monthly wage.

1 Like

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by ceejay80s(m): 8:00pm On Apr 14
Story....these guys are fraud
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by lexy2014: 8:01pm On Apr 14
nairalanda1:
The basic problem is the 1.7trillion naira or more in debt the discos owe the gas companies.

And the fact that the debt was caused by the discos not being able to charge a cost reflective tarrif.

Yes discos earned a profit, but that debt to the gas companies dwarfs the profit.

And gas man and woman have gotten tired of selling gas on credit

but they increased tariff without gas.

how did they accumulate this N1.7trillion debt or more to the gas companies?

can you pls name these gas companies?

is it like the gas companies have been supplying gas to discos for free?

for ho long have the discos been enjoying gas on credit that accumulated to this your N1.7trillion?

3 Likes

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by PotatoSalad(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14
As someone who is in Rubber Band, this is laughable
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Ejiakusmith(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14
Band A B c d etc that one concern una oooo my own be say any night I no see light take sleep 😴😴. ..... Believe me starting from aso rock no body go see ligh for 2 days
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Babangidapikin: 8:06pm On Apr 14
At least it's obvious Tarrif hike is far from the problem. I spoke to someone recently and I was told distribution is also part of the problem... So Genco no get gas ... Transmission not enough capacity to transmit ..Disco no where to offload power generated because transformers are faulty or overloaded .....
Even the light they're bringing one is using it by God's grace it's not a good light .

2 Likes

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by jayce232: 8:07pm On Apr 14
clintino700:
Let things work in this country for once. we in Band E have not had light for like 8days now
The light has dropped drastically ever since this increment. I was wondering what was going on. Now I see they are only trying to satisfy band A, leaving the rest band without light. What a country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 8:07pm On Apr 14
The Minister for Power, Adelabu truly is a fool. Instead of him to sort out the power supply shortage and work towards increasing our megawatts, na increasing the electricity tariff be im topmost agenda!!
A foolish fool indeed..... just like his principal!
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by MrCork: 8:07pm On Apr 14
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/discos-struggle-to-satisfy-band-a-customers-over-gas-shortage/

We dont understand..so people cant go to disco night club becuzz ther is no electricity?,...weird undecided
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Chetas81(m): 8:11pm On Apr 14
HALF CREATED CITIZEN ALWAYS DOING THINGS HALF HALF,RONU TRYBE ALWAYS HAVE REASON, FOR THEY'RE INCOMPETENT, SHORTAGE OF GAS AGAIN,E KO SI KURO NI ASO ROCK JARÉ
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by MemphitzDgreat1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 14
Puss360:
Lol... Always putting the cart before the wheel!!
They don't make plans before taking decisions!!!
Now, they are struggling to satisfy 20hrs light for band A, but were quick to increase their tariffs..
So from now till they balance the aforementioned required minimum hours of light, the band a customer will be paying for high tarris abi

Very very poor management...
You will never find eediots like Helinues on threads like this!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by sonnie10: 8:16pm On Apr 14
nairalanda1:
The basic problem is the 1.7trillion naira or more in debt the discos owe the gas companies.

And the fact that the debt was caused by the discos not being able to charge a cost reflective tarrif.

Yes discos earned a profit, but that debt to the gas companies dwarfs the profit.

Modified

Anyone quoting me to abuse or troll me should answer these questions

1.Would you let government set your prices to help the poor?

2..Would you operate at a loss to help the poor?

Thank you.

Since you like to ask questions, now answer this one

Would you like be charged for service you are not receiving?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by nairalanda1(m): 8:19pm On Apr 14
sonnie10:

Since you like to ask questions, now answer this one

Would you like be charged for service you are not receiving?

Can you pay one tenth of what you are supposed to pay for a service and expect full service?

Would you accept government forcing you to operate at a loss?

Seriously, the day you guys have your eyes opened like I did in 2013, you will know some things.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Aroyjunior(m): 8:21pm On Apr 14
Lol......this country is a big joke.
There is gas but there is huge debt to service the whole country electricity.smh.
I am more amused when there is no mention of that yeye ikedc like they are doing well.
We on BAND B,BAND C,BAND D,BAND E......we are on God......
Solar panel is the answer.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by appini: 8:22pm On Apr 14
Divide and rule... the people on band A don't care what is happening to the band B, etc..very soon the banders will start fighting between themselves.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by frog12: 8:23pm On Apr 14
na their new story be dis grin grin
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by dominique(f): 8:24pm On Apr 14
So band A customers are also sweating in the heat like we regular people after all the money they're spending on units? Udonminnit!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Angelfrost(m): 8:25pm On Apr 14
But una don quickly increase tariff...!

SMH... Always placing the cart before the horse in everything.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by sonnie10: 8:25pm On Apr 14
nairalanda1:

Can you pay one tenth of what you are supposed to pay for a service and expect full service?

Would you accept government forcing you to operate at a loss?

Seriously, the day you guys have your eyes opened like I did in 2013, you will know some things.
Can you show proof that the government is still subsidizing electricity?
What other additional payment or extra charge do you expect, even after Disco declared profit?
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Bluntemperor: 8:29pm On Apr 14
DISCOS,TCN,NERC and GENCO are just deceiving NIGERIANS - as you can't give what you don't have.
They don't have Lights to give but Darkness, every day!
Whare did you see in any Countries ( US,Europe,etc) with Stable Lights - where you have Band A,B,C etc- Light na Lights over there!
Corruption has finished these Institutions! e g If Everybody is given Pre- Paid Metres,do you need to have Band at all?
•All this Band A,B ,C ,D are all freak, and a way to deceive Nigerians! e g imagine the numbers of times they have been apologising for lack of light and the numbers of hours?
•The Structure is too rigid to perform and full of Corruption!
That is why the Power Minister - fell for their gimmicks and he can't perform in this situation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Mcslize: 8:29pm On Apr 14
If I tell you that I am not tired of this country, I will be lieing to myself.

Just ask yourself as a person; how long are we going to battle with epileptic power supply in this country?

I just can't wait to get out of this country as swear!
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by webizone(m): 8:32pm On Apr 14
nairalanda1:

Modified

Thank you.

Why don't government use part of that #15 trillion they want to use and "construct" that coastal road and solve the problem once and for all?

After paying that debt, the management of the discos found culpable should be sacked!
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Elidrisy20: 8:32pm On Apr 14
Gas shortage, Ukraine vs Russia, Israel vs Iran war na him cause am
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Menclothing1: 8:34pm On Apr 14
Band solar panels if 50 percent of us leave grid light will be stable
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Menclothing1: 8:36pm On Apr 14
webizone:

Why don't government use part of that #15 trillion they want to use and "construct" that coastal road and solve the problem once and for all?

After paying that debt, the management of the discos found culpable should be sacked!

The project is privately fund who told you Nigeria have 15 trillion for one road how much is total
Budget for 2024
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Mcslize: 8:38pm On Apr 14
yesloaded:
Go solar and save yourself from headache of Discos

Contact us on WhatsApp 08137750741 for a budget friendly solar system

Good recommendation. How much will a solar system that can power 1 AC, 1 medium refrigerator, a 32 inch smart TV, 2 industrial standing fans, some fancy POP lighting in the sitting room cost? And how many KVA will that be?
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Paramount01(m): 8:40pm On Apr 14
Objectivist04:
The way our light improved in the last two days makes me to suspect that we have been added to band A and that will be very unfair because my area is occupied by common men.

Abeg, go and complain, let them divert you to line k
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by webizone(m): 8:45pm On Apr 14
Menclothing1:

The project is privately fund who told you Nigeria have 15 trillion for one road how much is total
Budget for 2024

Then they should have prioritized power first and get the money the same.

Without production, that road would be useless! That is because, where there's increased commercial activity, logistics would increase, hence the roads.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by emorse(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14
nairalanda1:

Modified

Thank you.
Thought "Profit = Selling Price - Cost Price".

Local man is not understanding o.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by rhames(m): 8:56pm On Apr 14
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/discos-struggle-to-satisfy-band-a-customers-over-gas-shortage/

Why hasn't the government brought the Afam Gas project to life? It would have solved so many problems not just electricity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’ll Fish Out Subsidy Thieves In A Week - Ribadu / Debt Profile: Fashola Justifies N160bn State’s Debt / 'between A Governor And Senator' Who Is Superior?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.