Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage (13529 Views)

Discos Post 37 Apologies To Band A Customers In 1 Week / Band A Customers Decry Extortion By Power Firms Amid Poor Supply / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Objectivist04: 12:43am On Apr 15
ufotunang:
..and the improvement must last for 30 days..at least 20 hours everyday for 30days ..1 month before you and your area can be classified has band A
Well, wether it lasts 30 days or not does not matter to these people o, once they classified you as band A when you try to buy token, it will be sold to you on that basis irrespective of wether they fulfilled their own part of the bargain or not
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:49am On Apr 15
TINUBU....do you see why we refused to vote for you when you said it is your turn to finish Nigeria where Bihari stopped

Just look at what is left of a country......

Bandit A......Bandit B.....lols

Abeg which bandit Agbado do you belong to?
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Kazzman(m): 1:13am On Apr 15
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/discos-struggle-to-satisfy-band-a-customers-over-gas-shortage/

They will surely have problems in as much as they lacked proper planning and their only target is to exploit the populace for services not been rendered. Its hightime the Ministry for power Mr Bayo Adelabu to throw in the towel. He should go and rest and allow capable hands to take over.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Ken5566: 1:14am On Apr 15
Tinungbu and his people will always act before thinking.

He came out from no where, subsidy gone without plans in place to caution the effects.

Most of his policies is just the same way, like a man who is not ready or serious for anything.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by nairalanda1(m): 5:20am On Apr 15
sonnie10:

This is not true. As expensive as electricity could be in US, most households even mansions do not pay more than $200- $250 a month for 24hrs electricity.
If you line of thought is anything to go by, then it’s safe to conclude that the epileptic power supply is a deliberate attempt by these people to cheat consumers.
You cannot promise 20 hrs light, charge based on that, and then do otherwise. That is fraudulent.

Eh, someone denying that subsidy is being paid.

Plus we don't pay for power at the rate they do overseas. Also people overseas don't steal power.

I know you Nigerians don't like hearing this, but we don't have light because we don't pay for the thing to be 24/7. In a way , by forcing price controls on the sector, we have made the matter worse
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by onecansee: 5:30am On Apr 15
ThìsGlobe.com
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Houseontherock1: 5:40am On Apr 15
Scam
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Mihaug(m): 6:56am On Apr 15
I dey band B, in 2 days na only 10 minutes light we see, if we dey lucky we fit see 3hrs of light in 4 days
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by HRMK: 7:21am On Apr 15
WHO DECEIVING WHO?
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Newdawn30: 7:31am On Apr 15
We already know say that 20-24 hours light na scam on top 2900 mw
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by delpee(f): 9:42am On Apr 15
Which Band A customers are enjoying 20 hours light? I'm yet to see one.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by ufotunang: 11:10am On Apr 15
Objectivist04:

Well, wether it lasts 30 days or not does not matter to these people o, once they classified you as band A when you try to buy token, it will be sold to you on that basis irrespective of wether they fulfilled their own part of the bargain or not
.. what do you mean by buy token..can you explain for my understanding
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by villagereporter(m): 1:33pm On Apr 15
nairalanda1:
The basic problem is the 1.7trillion naira or more in debt the discos owe the gas companies.

And the fact that the debt was caused by the discos not being able to charge a cost reflective tarrif.

Yes discos earned a profit, but that debt to the gas companies dwarfs the profit.

And gas man and woman have gotten tired of selling gas on credit

Modified

Anyone quoting me to abuse or troll me should answer these questions

1.Would you let government set your prices to help the poor?

2..Would you operate at a loss to help the poor?

Thank you.

Modified

Thanks for the likes.

I would also like to say that my views on the power sector are not because I support APC or PDP or LP or anyone...but the result of trying to, in May 2013, understand what the whole privatisation process was all about, and why despite all the money spent, no light. What I write here is the result of my (still ongoing) research.

The sad thing is, it is going to cost a lot of money to give us light 24/7. It is a painful truth. I appreciate most of us are poor, and suffering, and also that my comment means I am sounding insensitive.

Unfortunately, the cost of things does not always listen to our wallets. One hard lesson I learned during the good old days of SAP as a child. Power supply is darn expensive. We can all pretend it is due to corruption, and yes, corruption is a big issue, but it is not the main cause...it is the ultimate result of the problem of a lack of cost reflective tarrifs.

KInd of sad that some nairalanders think that offering a view means that people will somehow be affected. I ain't a god. I can't change things.

Yangdan
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by nairalanda1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 15
villagereporter:

Yangdan

Power costs money after all.
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by clintino700(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15
This is just the truth
jayce232:

The light has dropped drastically ever since this increment. I was wondering what was going on. Now I see they are only trying to satisfy band A, leaving the rest band without light. What a country!
Re: Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage by Objectivist04: 8:21am On Apr 16
ufotunang:
.. what do you mean by buy token..can you explain for my understanding
If you want to recharge your prepaid meter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ganduje Visits Sick Senator Musa In Hospital / 'between A Governor And Senator' Who Is Superior? / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Nigeria Not Ripe For Youth President - MKO Abiola’s Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.