Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House (30919 Views)

Abia Government Demolishes "Criminal Hideouts" In Aba (Photos) / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by ObiPandora: 7:25am On Apr 15
OFFICIALS of the Edo State State Network and members of the Public Works Volunteers, on Sunday, pulled down the security post in front of the residence of the former deputy governor, Philip Shaibu, in the Government Reservation Area, Benin.

Shaibu was impeached by the Edo State House of Assembly last Monday over the allegation of leaking official secrets and perjury.

This followed the consideration of the report of a seven-man panel set up by the Chief Judge of the state, Justice Daniel Okungbowa.

The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, had also replaced the impeached deputy governor with Marvellous Omobayo.

Shaibu had since condemned his impeachment and had approached the court to quash the action, stating that he was only being persecuted for exercising his fundamental human rights by wanting to succeed his boss.

On Sunday, the saga took a new twist as the security post which shared the same fence with the golf course was pulled down.

The post served as a temporary shelter or first port of call for Shaibu’s security details before and after the close of work.

Reacting to the demolition, a senior member of one of the agencies which, carried out the exercise, who pleaded anonymity, said the security post was removed since the former deputy governor is now a private citizen and had lost such privilege.

The state Commissioner for Roads and Bridges, Eta Uzamere, whose ministry was fingered for the demolition, said the exercise had nothing to do with the ministry.

He said, “I have seen some online reports linking my ministry to the demolition of the former deputy governor’s security and I can tell you it had nothing to do with my ministry.”

An aide to Shaibu said, “As I am talking to you, they have destroyed Shaibu’s security outpost. The place was not built by the government, it was built by Shaibu himself. You can see how wicked the state government is.”

https://punchng.com/edo-govt-demolishes-shaibus-residence-security-post/

5 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by ObiPandora: 7:26am On Apr 15
When next Shuabi hear Edo no be Lagos e go pick race as his mouth can not explain what he as experienced from the Edo no be Lagos government of Obaseki.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

114 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Ladiesdoctor(m): 7:34am On Apr 15
Loyalty pays

But Obaseki no do well at all

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by bennybuhari: 7:37am On Apr 15
Obaseki, the sleepyhead should take things easy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Chukwuka319(m): 7:38am On Apr 15
The impeachment of the former Edo deputy governor is only just a first step in scuttling his gubernatorial ambitions,by his political foes.
Now they have successfully booted him out,they will now begin to mount a serious smear campaign against him,based on the allegations of revealing state secrets,to totally wipe out his credibility and eligibility as a potential governor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Kwaramustgoodag: 7:44am On Apr 15
Nigeria politicians should stop this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by vibbb: 7:44am On Apr 15
Politics with bitterness - Obaseki's as forgotten that Shaibu was instrumental to his re election when APC messed him up. Shaibu is a grass root politician and I believe he will get back strong.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Afamed: 7:45am On Apr 15
Nothing concern me with this one.

After all Edo no be Lagos

It's pure case of Senior Judas Iscariot suspending another Junior Judas Iscariot

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by 99thEnemy(m): 7:45am On Apr 15
Vawulence is always welcome cool
Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by UHLmoving: 7:46am On Apr 15
ObiPandora:
When next Shuabi hear Edo no be Lagos e go pick race as his mouth can not explain what he as experienced from the Edo no be Lagos government of Obaseki.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
edo na rivers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by YourGFsnatcher: 7:47am On Apr 15
Their problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by victorazy(m): 7:47am On Apr 15
Petty

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 7:47am On Apr 15
Me no say Obaseki is just a useless Governor

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Nosa111(m): 7:47am On Apr 15
Good for him
I don’t like Obaseki, but to be honest, people stop stop trying by all means to remain in power after service… if Obaseki tries to do the same after leaving office, The Edos will make him irrelevant too like what we did to Oshiomhole… I trust my people.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by MuslimIgbo: 7:48am On Apr 15
grin
Shuaibu mumu scapegoat grin

NEXT time, don't bite the finger that fed you if you never gallant...

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by kunle75(m): 7:49am On Apr 15
ObiPandora:

https://punchng.com/edo-govt-demolishes-shaibus-residence-security-post/

Oshio baba will be smilling with tooth pick in his mouth in one corner of his house now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Menclothing1: 7:50am On Apr 15
Politics of hatred is what they are doing here

10 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by emmabest2000(m): 7:50am On Apr 15
Iberl:
The problem is that, people wants to remain in office many years after they're out of office.

The very reason there's so much corruption in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by vowiski(m): 7:50am On Apr 15
Hehe
Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by illicit(m): 7:50am On Apr 15
He better leave Edo state before they mud him...
Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Gamezi(m): 7:50am On Apr 15
Power is rotational

1 Like

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by ManishSmith(m): 7:50am On Apr 15
The fight continues
Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by SEGLIZ: 7:50am On Apr 15
why are our politicians like this? politics with bitterness.

another thing is this news is that commissioners post (abi na office I go call ham!?) commissioner for bridge and roads!?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Stevenson20: 7:51am On Apr 15
No position is permanent

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by Eriokanmi: 7:53am On Apr 15
Obaseki is fighting his last battle. SMH! Shaibu is a grassroots politician who was instrumental to obaseki's comeback. Hope he doesn't regret this

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by DMerciful(m): 7:53am On Apr 15
What is this madness Obaseki?

3 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by ppogba: 7:54am On Apr 15
It is wrong to think if you slap someone once, that he will reply you once.

Some will not only slap you but will give you hammer blow in addition.

SHUAIBU don slap once. Expect more to come.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Government Demolishes Security Post At Shaibu's House by appini: 7:54am On Apr 15
Obaseki don't have joy..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elections Shifted To March 28, April 11 / Iweala, Dangote,Fayemi Adesina In Abidjan Today For AFDB Boss, Adeshina (Photos) / Babatunde Osotimehin Is Dead. Ex-Minister Of Health Dies At 68

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.