Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany (1685 Views)

Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by ify2016: 7:48am On Apr 15
A lady living in Germany said she did not know it was against the law to randomly download copyrighted movies online in Germany She said she used her husband's phone to download one movie on a website, and her husband was fined €1200 Some people in her comment section said a similar thing happened to someone they know in Germany.

A Nigerian lady resident in Germany said she saw a random movie online, and she decided to download it.

However, she said she was not aware that it was illegal for one to randomly download copyrighted movies from websites in Germany.

The lady said her husband was fined N1.5 million after she downloaded a copyrighted movie using his phone in Germany.

The lady, Priceless Munachimso, said she used her husband's phone to download the movie.

tacted, and [b]he was asked to pay a fine of €1200 (over N1.5 million). Munachimso shared her story on TikTok, where some people said a similar thing happened to someone they know. She captioned the video: "Downloading movies, games, books and music in Germany is against the law. Just avoid torrent d"When you torrent movies, your IP address is visible to others. Some law firms monitor torrents of famous movies, and collect the IP addresses of people who download them. If they see your IP address, they can ask your ISP to give them your real address. They can send you an Abmahnung: a formal request to pay them between €500 and €1,500."

Another published in Settle in Berlin states: "German laws concerning file-sharing are pretty strict and clearly condemn any kind of file sharing activity related to copyriownloads."

Is it illegal to download movies in Germany? Legit.ng checked online to see if the law exists in Germany, and there are snippets of information that suggest it does.

An article published by All About Berlin states: Read more:

ghted content. Those German law firms sending warning letters usually hire specialized third-party services that are scanning P2P nodes and clients, recording IP adresses that are currently downloading illegally in Germany. They are then authorized by law to ask your internet provider in Germany to disclose any information linked to that IP adress. This is how they obtained your private details." [/b]

https://www.legit.ng/people/1587695-s-law-nigerian-lady-downloads-movie-germany-husband-pays-fine-eur1000/

Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Hennessypope: 8:03am On Apr 15
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by immortalcrown(m): 8:06am On Apr 15
It is illegal to download movies or songs from websites that do not show a download button.

It is illegal to download movies and songs from YouTube, even in Nigeria. But as usual, laws are rarely enforced in Nigeria. Also, Nigeria has a lot of weaknesses discouraging adherence to such laws. No reliable internet speed for one to always stream contents online. Streaming one content online repeatedly is expensive as there is no cheap or free internet for many Nigerians. So, many Nigerians use their data once to get the contents and use the contents repeatedly offline.

Downloading contents from such sites hinders accountability. It reduces traffic and income generation. A content that should have 1 million views will have less than 200 thousand views because someone that has viewed the content 10 times visited the site only once or because 20 viewers of the content got the content offline from someone who has downloaded the content.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Cassandraloius: 8:41am On Apr 15
Fantastic 😂
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Obainoman6: 9:51am On Apr 15
It is illegal to download movies online normal, but this opolo eye lady was not fined 1200 pounds (1.5m) anywhere, lies
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:58am On Apr 15
If laws worked in 9ja, so many of us would be fined.
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by ecolime(m): 10:03am On Apr 15
Wahala. We dey enjoy for Africa oo

But honestly, I thought downloading of movies ended decades ago? grin

Why not stream it? This is 2024 na
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Peakdesign23(m): 10:08am On Apr 15
I can’t even remember when last I downloaded a movie, that was a long time ago.
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Silentgroper(m): 10:41am On Apr 15
ecolime:
Wahala. We dey enjoy for Africa oo

But honestly, I thought downloading of movies ended decades ago? grin

Why not stream it? This is 2024 na
I download and rewatch a billion times . I no get data to dey waste...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Kelklein(m): 12:45pm On Apr 15
Come and stay in Nigeria and be downloading any movie you want.. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by ReacherSaidNoth: 12:53pm On Apr 15
Use a VPN next time. Illegal downloads is one of the few benefits of living in this dump.
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by SmallmebigGod: 2:28pm On Apr 15
Use VPN or get someone to download and send to you smiley . I also missed my free Microsoft. Now I have to pay for everything. Very annoying 😒

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:28pm On Apr 15
Lies
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by CaptMarvel(m): 7:07pm On Apr 15
She can even download germany sef lol grin grin
Kelklein:
Come and stay in Nigeria and be downloading any movie you want.. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lady Fined €1200 For Downloading A Movie Online In Germany by Bestest05: 9:11pm On Apr 15
Why she come resemble drugie

(1) (Reply)

Any Nairalander In Freetown Sierra Leon.pls Its Urgent / Vatican Visa: What Is The Process For Securing The Visa In Nigeria? / Direction From Delta To Jigawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.