Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre (8072 Views)

YABATECH Recalls Student From NYSC Camp / LUTH Releases YABATECH Student's Corpse Free Of Charge / LUTH To Release YABATECH Student's Corpse For N800,000 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by FreeStuffsNG: 2:19pm On Apr 15
Retired Permanent Secretary of the Lagos State Civil Service, Tunde Fanimokun, has donated 150 hectares of land to Yaba College of Technology to establish a green campus.

According to a statement on Thursday, Fanimokun had pledged to finance the construction of a state-of-the-art entrepreneurship centre at Yabatech, at an estimated cost of N3.5bn.

It noted that the donation marks a significant milestone in the advancement of sustainable development and entrepreneurship in Nigeria.

The institution stated that Fanimokun’s contribution, made in commemoration of his 80th birthday, symbolised his unwavering dedication to fostering innovation and nurturing future leaders.

It added that the donated land, situated at the Apapa/lBadagry axes, would serve as the foundation for a pioneering educational institution focused on environmental sustainability and entrepreneurial excellence.

According to the Yabatech, the entrepreneurship centre will be named the Folawiyo Entrepreneurship Centre, in honour of the legacy of Wahab Folawiyo, a renowned figure in Nigeria’s business community.

Speaking about his philanthropic endeavours, Fanimokun underscored the need for diversification in Nigeria’s economy and expressed his belief in the transformative power of entrepreneurship training and skill acquisition.

According to the school, the Green Campus is expected to run about 22 courses and over 40 other programmes on certification in sustainable development and other areas of developmental needs.

It added that the campus would be purely run on green solutions in all its operations and activities.

According to the former Permanent Secretary of Lagos State Public Service, diversification is the only remaining turning point for the Nigerian economy instead of excessive dependence on revenue from oil and gas as a mono-cultural economy.

He averred, “Entrepreneurship is the key to prosperity, and with entrepreneurship training, skill acquisition and promotion of small and medium enterprises, the sky is the limit for the future of the young ones in our potentially great nation.”

In his remarks, the Rector of Yaba College of Technology, Ibraheem Abdul, said that he was filled with immense pride and optimism for the future of education in Nigeria.

He said, “Today, we witness history again. We celebrate the groundbreaking of a new facility, generously endowed by a true visionary, Chief Tunde Fanimokun. His philosophy of philanthropy, entrepreneurship, and good governance serves as an inspiration to all.”

The rector explained that the proposed Folawiyo Entrepreneurship Centre will be more than just an academic building.

He added that it would be a vibrant hub, symbolising a commitment to excellence, progress, and nurturing future generations of successful entrepreneurs, who will contribute to the country’s development.

https://punchng.com/yabatech-gets-n3-5bn-entrepreneurship-centre/#google_vignette

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by FreeStuffsNG: 2:19pm On Apr 15
“Entrepreneurship is the key to prosperity, and with entrepreneurship training, skill acquisition and promotion of small and medium enterprises, the sky is the limit for the future of the young ones in our potentially great nation.”

I have been at a book launch that held at the University of Lagos, Department of Mass Communications, some years ago, Chief was there with some of his juniors at MBHS, Lagos, Old Boys Association. Chief Fanimokun didn't only donate a huge sum to support the book launch and the author, he also gave each person in attendance a copy of his own book he authored. He is deeply intellectually oriented and loves books.

These are the little seen silent Billionaires Baba Isales in the South West, they will do everything possible to ensure that the Yoruba continue to maintain the centuries of headstart edge we Yoruba have in education, culture, technology and entrepreneurship.

To crown it, he is spending all this to name, not in his own name but after a departed Egbon,bossom friend and his mentor, Chief Folawiyo of blessed memory. Chief Fanimokun is an exceptional leader and I am very proud of the legacies he is leaving behind. We pray for more years of great health, prosperity and joy in your life sir.
Happy birthday to you sir. Congrats Yabatech.
Chief, please remember University of Lagos (UNILAG) too o sir wink
May God bless you, Lagos state and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Check my signature for free stuffs!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by hslbroker2(m): 2:45pm On Apr 15
Good news there, this is a good one.

Meanwhile check my signature.

3 Likes

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Bookhub: 2:46pm On Apr 15
grin
Na yabatech I dey ooo i no see anything like that maybe I will check around sha.. grin

Meanwhile yabatech partime form is available for sale now grab your chance for admission this year if interested call
Zero eight one two four zero six four three five three.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by longetivity(m): 2:47pm On Apr 15
Great Yabatech.

9 Likes

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by cyrusmillz: 2:48pm On Apr 15
Commendable!
This Sunkanmi freestruffs guy works for the PR arm of Lagos . No wonder he never sees anything wrong with APC. How come nairaland doesn't add * Sponsored to his posts.

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by JohnieWalker12(m): 2:49pm On Apr 15
3.0 billion na for formality. Na 500 million center them inaugurate. Congratulations to Yabatech

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Skillsnigeria: 2:49pm On Apr 15
That's good

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Sultty(m): 2:50pm On Apr 15

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by datola: 2:51pm On Apr 15
Nice of him so far its not stolen fund.

Congratulations to the great Yabatech.
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Dennisochampa: 2:51pm On Apr 15
Reminds me so much of yaba left grin grin
The home for crase people

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by MuslimIgbo: 2:52pm On Apr 15
UNILAG needs it more than Yabatech
UNILAG is tooooooooo choked up!
The population of Unilag student is massive compares to the facility and space they have.

Misplaced priority!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by tunjijones(m): 3:09pm On Apr 15
When will this country start manufacturing? Or this is how we will keep importing things, even things as small as toothpick, all imported.

Who do us for this country?
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Cetagohn: 3:10pm On Apr 15
Amazing
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Negroid001(m): 3:15pm On Apr 15
Ok welldone.
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Bluntemperor: 3:21pm On Apr 15
This is a good News for this Institution ( Yabatech) and I hope in no distance,the eco-green will not be converted for personal use,by the Top Management of the Institution- because of Corruption.
Many great Educational Institutions in Nigeria,have been converted to personal items because of Corruption.
Yabatech- should barricade the Landas much as possible!
God bless the giver!
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by victorclean(f): 3:24pm On Apr 15
Na first adunjadian odogwu from that side
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by oluwaseyi0: 3:32pm On Apr 15
Nice one from him

But how did a retired civil servant get 3.5billi

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by MasterTeeUSA: 3:46pm On Apr 15
How did a Permanent Secretary amass so much land and wealth?

FreeStuffsNG:
“Entrepreneurship is the key to prosperity, and with entrepreneurship training, skill acquisition and promotion of small and medium enterprises, the sky is the limit for the future of the young ones in our potentially great nation.”

I have been at a book launch that held at the University of Lagos, Department of Mass Communications, some years ago, Chief was there with some of his juniors at MBHS, Lagos, Old Boys Association. Chief Fanimokun didn't only donate a huge sum to support the book launch and the author, he also gave each person in attendance a copy of his own book he authored. He is deeply intellectually oriented and loves books.

These are the little seen silent Billionaires Baba Isales in the South West, they will do everything possible to ensure that the Yoruba continue to maintain the centuries of headstart edge we Yoruba have in education, culture, technology and entrepreneurship.

To crown it, he is spending all this to name, not in his own name but after a departed Egbon,bossom friend and his mentor, Chief Folawiyo of blessed memory. Chief Fanimokun is an exceptional leader and I am very proud of the legacies he is leaving behind. We pray for more years of great health, prosperity and joy in your life sir.
Happy birthday to you sir. Congrats Yabatech.
Chief, please remember University of Lagos (UNILAG) too o sir wink
May God bless you, Lagos state and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by FreeStuffsNG: 3:46pm On Apr 15
MasterTeeUSA:
How did a Permanent Secretary amass so much land and wealth?

oluwaseyi0:
Nice one from him

But how did a retired civil servant get 3.5billi
Indomie generation will not know him. You should read up about him wink He is not your generation of civil servants. He is in the generation of civil servants who worked with the Late Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande of 1979 to 1983. I am sure the indomie generation don't even know Baba LKJ Jakande Baba Kekere wink

It's like asking how Pa Oba Otudeko who was and retired as a Bank Manager/ Director in 1983 is now today the majority shareholder of First Bank Plc. If you steal money , no matter how entrepreneurial you are, you would have lost all from the 1980s till now. People who steal always lose all over time. That's why Chief Fanimokun is pushing knowledge. It's greed and obscene ignorance that makes anyone think he or she can build sustainable wealth by stealing from others then going to invest the stolen funds in a business, such businesses get afflicted with badluck and die within a short while.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by MasterTeeUSA: 3:55pm On Apr 15
I am not an indomie generation and asking questions is not the same as condemning him. What I was expecting from you is a detailed explanation on how he acquired the lands during ... and ... while he was in the private sector. There is no doubt that govt officials have siphoned the resources of states and country, so asking question is definitely legit in this climate. I will go and read up on it...if I find anything that can justify his source of wealth, I will point it out.

FreeStuffsNG:

Indomie generation will not know him. You should read up about him wink He is not your generation of civil servants. He is in the generation of civil servants who worked with the Late Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande of 1979 to 1983. I am sure the indomie generation don't even know Baba LKJ Jakande Baba Kekere wink

It's like asking how Pa Oba Otudeko who was a Bank Manager in 1983 now today the majority shareholder of First Bank Plc. If you stole money entrepreneurial, you would have lost all. That's why he's pushing knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by FreeStuffsNG: 3:58pm On Apr 15
MasterTeeUSA:

Please read up about him. Even the clue is in that Punch report up there but there's an obvious reason you still don't know wink

1 Like

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by MasterTeeUSA: 4:04pm On Apr 15
- 150 hectares in Lagos is still a lot lot lot of land...I am curious if he was allocated some during his Permanent Secretary years.....Lagos is a small state.

“I was for 16 years in the service of the Lagos State government and rose to the position of a permanent secretary and served in various ministries and offices during the tenure of Alhaji Lateef Jakande. People can bear witness to what the administration achieved in a little over four years.

” When the military came in 1984, and they started the probe of the administration and were after some people they felt were close to Baba Jakande, I left at the age of 40 and Baba Folawiyo took me as a director. What I learned from him as an entrepreneur, cannot be quantified. With the virtue of selflessness gained from Baba Jakande and the spirit of philanthropy from Baba Folawiyo, I applied myself to the task that I didn’t know that Chief Folawiyo wrote in his will that they should make me a director in his company for life,” he said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by blowjohn(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15
Land and 3.5 billion.

Hmm

That's the largest single contribution to a cause by an individual av read about in decades.

But where him get that kind land and money to dash?
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by FreeStuffsNG: 4:10pm On Apr 15
MasterTeeUSA:
- 150 hectares in Lagos is still a lot lot lot of land...I am curious if he was allocated some during his Permanent Secretary years.....Lagos is a small state.

“I was for 16 years in the service of the Lagos State government and rose to the position of a permanent secretary and served in various ministries and offices during the tenure of Alhaji Lateef Jakande. People can bear witness to what the administration achieved in a little over four years.

” When the military came in 1984, and they started the probe of the administration and were after some people they felt were close to Baba Jakande, I left at the age of 40 and Baba Folawiyo took me as a director. What I learned from him as an entrepreneur, cannot be quantified. With the virtue of selflessness gained from Baba Jakande and the spirit of philanthropy from Baba Folawiyo, I applied myself to the task that I didn’t know that Chief Folawiyo wrote in his will that they should make me a director in his company for life,” he said.
Now you get my point when I stated that the cue was in that Punch report. Apart from his love for knowledge, he was brilliant, diligent, upright, generous and had a great mentor in late Chief Folawiyo who held him by the hand and mentored him. You may please read up about Baba Folawiyo too. Nice one by you. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by CodeTemplar: 4:12pm On Apr 15
Entrepreneur that will produce tissue paper or liquid soap then use political connection to sell it for 10 times the price.
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Konquest: 4:43pm On Apr 15
FreeStuffsNG:

Now you get my point when I stated that the cue was in that Punch report. Apart from his love for knowledge, he was brilliant, diligent, upright, generous and had a great mentor in late Chief Folawiyo who held him by the hand and mentored him. You may please read up about Baba Folawiyo too. Nice one by you. Thank you for sharing.
True that.

He rightly stated the influence of Chief Abdulwahab Yinka Folawiyo there in his financial success story.

Chief Abdulwahab Yinka Folawiyo was a real international business mogul that I respected with several divisions in his group of companies with strong tentacles in international shipping, to agribusiness, to crude oil and gas exploration in the Dahomey Basin located offshore Badagry and Ibeju-Lekki, real estate development, etc, right from the 1950s till he passed on.

I remember that Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum even struck crude oil and gas in Lagos State back in the late 1990s in Ibeju-Lekki, Badagry LGA, and offshore Badagry. The Ibeju-Lekki area has some oil and gas but Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum capped it for future exploration. The offshore Badagry oil and gas is what they are concentrating on as we speak with Chief Folawiyo's son, 'Tunde Folawiyo a brilliant British-trained lawyer now in charge of the group of companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Haaland21: 4:49pm On Apr 15
MuslimIgbo:
The population of Unilag student is massive compares to the facility and space they have.

Misplaced priority!

Noisemakers....
Is it your money?

U can't dictate to the owner where to spend his money.

Loud mouth
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by Shikena(m): 4:54pm On Apr 15
Shey na only you wan dey get everything ni?

MuslimIgbo:

Misplaced priority!
Re: Yabatech Gets N3.5bn Entrepreneurship Centre by FreeStuffsNG: 4:58pm On Apr 15
Konquest:

True that.

He rightly stated the influence of Yinka Folawiyo there in his success financial story.

Chief Abdulwahab Yinka Folawiyo was a real international business mogul that I respected with several divisions in his company group with strong tentakles in shipping, to agribusiness, to crude oil and gas exploration in the Dahomey Basin offshore Badagry and Ibeju-Lekki, real estate development, etc, right from the 1970s till he passed on.

I remember that Folawiyo Petroleum even struck crude oil and gas in Lagos State back in the late 1990s in Ibeju-Lekki, Badagry LGA, and offshore Badagry. The Ibeju-Lekki area has some oil and gas but Folawiyo capped it for future exploration. The offshore Badagry oil and gas is what they are concentrating on as we speak.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? / Hensard University Partners Zeb Ejiro, Top Scientists And Others / Uniilorin Post Ume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.