Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,752 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate (26955 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Abraham Daniels: Sacked Dunamis Pastor Blasts Pastors. Calls Them 'Businessmen' / Police Disrupt Vigil Service In Ghana, Arrest Pastor Over Noise (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by bilms(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15
Press Release

Date: 15-04-2024

Subject: NOUN STUDENTS DEMAND PUBLIC APOLOGY FROM DUNAMIS PASTOR OVER DEHUMANIZATION OF LAW GRADUATE

The Congress of National Open University of Nigerian Students (CONS) hereby demands an immediate public apology from Pastor Paul Enenche for the insulting remarks made towards a law graduate from NOUN, Mrs Anyim Veronica Nnena, who happens to be a member of his church.

In a recent incident during a church testimony, pastor Paul Enenche made an unnecessary disparaging remark that belittled, dehumanize and diminish the person of Mrs Anyim Veronica Nnena, who simply made verbal communication error while giving testimony, an honest mistake that is normal with anyone not familiar with public speaking due to crowd tension.

She later corrected the mistake to our understanding.

Anyone who watched the clip can see that public speaking wasn't her best quality and all through the testimony, she was under tension and speaking in a programmed manner to avoid making any mistake with her obviously rehearsed speech.

The dehumanization of a NOUN graduate from someone who claims to be her pastor, have caused significant distress and outrage among the NOUN community and beyond.

We consider the behavior of Pastor Paul as an attempt to strip Mrs Veronica all human dignity, lacking in emotional intelligence and a conduct that should not be found within the house of God.

The Congress of NOUN Students (CONS) unequivocally condemns such disrespectful remarks, which undermine the hard work and dedication of Mrs Veronica and by extension, The National Open University of Nigeria.

Nobody is above mistake and no one should be dehumanized just because of their minor error.

We therefore call upon Pastor Paul Enenche to issue a public apology to Mrs Veronica within the next 48hrs, acknowledging the harm caused by his words and expressing remorse for the offense inflicted upon the NOUN graduate and the entire NOUN community.

We understand that Pastor Paul may have reacted without properly thinking through the effect of his remarks, but the negative effect is evident, firstly on the psychology of Mrs Veronica who has now been subjected to national ridicule and by extension, the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

The Congress of NOUN Students (CONS) remains committed to defending the rights and dignity of its students nationally and we will not hesitate to take further action to right the wrong done to our student.

For further inquiries, please contact: Consnationalexecutive@gmail.com

Congress of National Open University of Nigeria (CoNS)

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Amotolongbo(f): 6:10pm On Apr 15
To err is human, to forgive is divine.

Paul Enenche has erred big time. Let us wait and see how he handles the situation maybe with humility or usual pride hiding behind the “God’s lead” appeal.

Many of these “Men of God” have been acting “god of men” since time immemorial, the presence of social media is the one exposing them now.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by doggedfighter(f): 6:12pm On Apr 15
Maybe the dehumanisation will reset her brain.

It will help her sit her as*s at home and not do the thankless task of promoting another man's business with unsolicited tales.

The gullibility of these folks thronging these businessmen and their business centres make them cocky while their members applaud them.

Dunamis members will defend their daddy as always.

Why's Enenche looking very angry and proud in that video?

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by pocohantas(f): 6:14pm On Apr 15
The man didn't act Christ-like a bit and if I didn't watch the video, I would have doubted such happened. It goes to show the level of classism that has infiltrated the church.

While it is shameful a graduate doesn't speak well or know the degree awarded to her, she already stated her foundation was poor. You learn grammar/languages easily in your formative years. Subsequently it becomes a struggle. Hence the saying "catch them young". He should have simply told her the correct term and if you watched the video, before the microphone was put to her mouth, she said LLB. Maybe stage fright, she switched to the popular BSc and went back to LLB when he mentioned it.

I bet she had the longest walk of her life back to her seat. Maybe a pastor in a neighbourhood church wouldn't have noticed if she said B.Ed. Sadly she went to a big church where the head pastor dresses like a medieval magician.

187 Likes 19 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by garriAndsugar: 6:21pm On Apr 15
He will wait first if people reduce for mid week service then he will apologize.

No business man wants to lose his customers.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by bilms(m): 6:27pm On Apr 15
Unfortunate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by papyjaypaul: 7:47pm On Apr 15
NOUN is a noun that is the acronym for the 4 word letters. Make una de show say una go school. Na wetin we de talk be dis

5 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Acidosis(m): 9:10pm On Apr 15
Like it or not, if the MOG had let that woman go with her BSc in law talk, Paul Eneche would have been accused of planting a fake testifier and probably trending on TikTok. Nobody would have believed he had no hand in the B.Sc. in law talk.

Something close to this nearly ruined a somewhat popular/big church somewhere around Ojodu. I don't know whether it's madness or not, but some will purposely come out to say what God did not do, or blatantly make crazy exaggerations, all to what end?? I have seen someone come out to testify about being cured of HIV/AIDS (nobody cured, paid, or sent this woman), only for her to die a few months after.

Like it or not, if you come to ruin the credibility of my institution or God's name, walai talai, I will do something worse than this without apology to anyone, especially Nigerians!

By the way, this is an opportunity for NOUN as an institution to sit up and make amends. Most of the NOUN handouts and books I have come across online are purely world-class standards! However, the recruitment process is poor. There is no gain in awarding a Law degree to someone who may never be able to defend a client before a judge. What's the point, really?

Too many unworthy degree holders today have watered down the credibility and potential of many NOUN graduates.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:12pm On Apr 15
Se wahala no dey finish ni?

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by AOB1: 9:12pm On Apr 15
grin
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Emman08: 9:13pm On Apr 15
All that long statement. What did he say exactly?
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Elvis2kay: 9:13pm On Apr 15
sad
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by NaijaCover(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by delpee(f): 9:14pm On Apr 15
The Church has explained and apologised on behalf of the Pastor. According to their press release, the Pastor has contacted her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by SanctifiedSista(f): 9:14pm On Apr 15
That will not happen even they shld be investigated as their certificate smell of mediocrity

*WORD OF FAITH BIBLE INSTITUTE (WOFBI) BASIC CERTIFICATE COURSE (BCC) APRIL EDITION STARTS TODAY.*

*15TH ~ 26TH APRIL 2024*

* WOFBI IS A MOUNTAIN OF ANSWERED PRAYERS.
* WOFBI IS A MOUNTAIN OF ENCOUNTER WITH DESTINY.
* WOFBI IS A MOINTAIN OF DIVERSE REVELATION FROM THE WORD OF GOD.
* WOFBI IS A MOUNTAIN OF INSTANT TESTIMONIES.

*REGISTRATION STARTS BY 8.00AM*
*INDUCTION ~ 9.30AM*

*LEARNING CENTER: 30/32 HARRISON SHOLOJA STREET, OKOTA*

*INFORM ALL YOUR FRIENDS.*

8 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by millhouse: 9:14pm On Apr 15
C
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by UstazAhmed(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15
They're blowing this out of proportion. Crying more than the bereaved

8 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by ednut1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 15
That woman in a sane country cannot be a graduate. But the pastor was wrong to disgrace her in public

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by labake1(f): 9:16pm On Apr 15
Must you testified everything? Why not keep your appreciation to yourself and God?

5 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by obinna58(m): 9:16pm On Apr 15
Nigerian universities are complete waste
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by hisexcellency34: 9:16pm On Apr 15
mumu students. what can you do if he doesn't?

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by oluwaseyi0: 9:16pm On Apr 15
Mumu pastor
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by ogascomax: 9:17pm On Apr 15
We too they over do. E don do. He has made peace with who he offended. Which one is NOUN own inside.

4 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by adecz: 9:17pm On Apr 15
grin

This matter don dey choke...

I think the pastor was too impatient
and quick to pass judgement..

How did he expect a woman of such age
to totally make up such story in the name
of testimony❓❓

Well, all I can say is that her testimony
has brought her fame and people are
now reaching out to her in different
ways & pastor himself don beg her.

She is blessed🙏🙏🙏

4 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by deji17: 9:17pm On Apr 15
Obidense Church and their Pastor.. grin grin

BSc in Raw...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Dennisochampa: 9:17pm On Apr 15
Na people wen still deh go the church I blame

2 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Kelklein(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15
which apology.. do you even know if all of these was staged and it went awfully wrong🤔🤔🤔
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Mrexcell(m): 9:17pm On Apr 15
The pastor don apologize let this matter die abeg.

1 Like

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15
Check the people you will see sey na antichrist and head slammers full am.

Let bygone be bygone.

Make Dem no let govt put eyes for their school wey we go hear the corruption soon.

How law graduate take be lawyer and na bsc she call.

Infact na she suppose dey correct people say na llb. We self go school.
I trust Sahara reporters

3 Likes

Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by bigcasava1(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15
Hmmm, wahala no dey finish!
Re: NOUN Students Demand Apology From Dunamis Pastor Over Dehumanization Of Graduate by Kingzjayzee: 9:18pm On Apr 15
pocohantas:
The man didn't act Christ-like a bit and if I didn't watch the video, I would have doubted such happened. It goes to show the level of classism that has infiltrated the church.

While it is shameful a graduate doesn't speak well or know the degree awarded to her, she already stated her foundation was poor. You learn grammar/languages easily in your formative years. Subsequently it becomes a struggle. Hence the saying "catch them young". He should have simply told her the correct term and if you watched the video, before the microphone was put to her mouth, she said LLB. Maybe stage fright, she switched to the popular BSc and went back to LLB when he mentioned it.

I bet she had the longest walk of her life back to her seat. Maybe a pastor in a neighbourhood church wouldn't have noticed if she said B.Ed. Sadly she went to a big church where the head pastor dresses like a medieval magician.
@medieval magician grin grin grin.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / Efolk: / I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.