Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% (9504 Views)

Inflation Rises From 29.90 To 31.70 Percent In February / Peace Accord: Tinubu Puts His Hands In His Pockets During The National Anthem / Obaseki Trumps Ize-iyamu 57% To 40%, Emerges Winner In CHANNELS TV Debaters Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by graceland366: 2:09pm On Apr 16
http:///earnbtcbywatchingads_bot?start=538739588
Legit way to earn yourself BTC into your wallet. Within 24hours I have gotten 0.0005463
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16
And an idiot was saying even a blind man know that Tinubu has done well.

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16
SoNature:
Just imagine the kinds of reports coming out of this country and someone had the guts to create a Nairaland thread, saying that Nigeria is getting better. I don't know what our problem is, lack of commonsense or being so used a country that doesn't work.
No dey let media Wyn you.
See this thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/8062754/bag-rice-now-57k

The store I do get electronics from in oshodi just notified all customers that they've slashed all electronic components price.
It's left for gree local farmers and vendors to start competing with imported foreign goods.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by jaxxy(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Direct your message to those who blamed GEJ for their woes.

Opposition no dey exist for our side, I supported GEJ first term

Dollar going low by artificial means and tight regulation doesn't mean the economy is productive. undecided

3 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by mightyhazel: 2:11pm On Apr 16
Bulabanomics
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 2:15pm On Apr 16
Villa12:
bag of rice almost times two of minimum wage. How many Nigerians can afford to buy a bag of rice?
Ok it should go back to ₦85k? Or wetin dis 1 dey tok? undecided
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Obaranje: 2:15pm On Apr 16
helinues:
Na only government we sabi criticizing, how about the wicked people providing goods and services which refused to lower the price of things even after dollars fallen?

the people are acting according to the policies of the government,go and listen to what "MAN" is complaining of

Because of the inconsistent power supply and the increase of the price of diesel the cost of production is getting higher

Therefore for most industry to survive they have to include both their over head cost to the price of item when doing their costing

You don run ordinary baber shop for area were like no dey before? If you have only then you will understand that Nigerians are only trying to remain in their business

I use to think like you before but not anymore

In a country where the government doesn't care about her citizens, the citizens will care for themselves by any legal means

4 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Saintinoo(m): 2:15pm On Apr 16
motionarena:
I think is high time we wage war against greedy and evil distributors and marketers.

A product I use to buy for 2k before Naira depreciation went as high as 3k now the dollar has been steadily decreasing the same product is going for 4.7k

They are the ones suffering Nigerians

When you get into their business, you will understand better. Why do you think manufacturers have shut down? You think they can't just increase price?

Let me give you a good example with local rice. This women who sell local rice in Northern markets, go as buying a bag of paddy at 40k - 45k, use 5k to mill a bag at the end of the day they get not more than 50kg of rice, which at the end of the day a 50kg of rice is sold at 50k in the North. These women will make less than 3k after going through these stress.

The marketer who buy this rice at 50k will spend 7k just to transport to Lagos, and if he wants to use small buses, it will coat 10k, he sells at 63k to 65k, and gets 3k - 5k gross profit.

Marketers,, farmers are now spending, more because of Tinubu policies, and you don't expect them to bear the cost.

4 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Blaze14k: 2:15pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Direct your message to those who blamed GEJ for their woes.

Opposition no dey exist for our side, I supported GEJ first term

After first term your foolishness started. Compare every damn thing under Jonathan and now. My problem with you is that you hardly reason before you talk.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by CrossRhodes: 2:16pm On Apr 16
helinues:
Na only government we sabi criticizing, how about the wicked people providing goods and services which refused to lower the price of things even after dollars fallen?

Is it wicked Nigerians increasing custom duties?
Is it Nigerians increasing electricity tariff?
Or you don't know it will affect good s and services too?

Use ya head oo

4 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by CrossRhodes: 2:16pm On Apr 16
Hezzyluv:

I think you should read the article once again, then edit what you have written.
The guy na real nairaland madman....always blurting out without connecting his brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by motionarena: 2:18pm On Apr 16
Glithronix:
Dollar falls won't have much effects on foods in the market, cost of fuel and increment in electricity tariff are the major players here.

But dollar increment will have serious effects abi.

During d recent naira depreciation goods were increasing by 10% daily due to exchange rate.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by CrossRhodes: 2:19pm On Apr 16
Mercenary123:
. One day, Nigerians will vent their anger on you and your likes. Evil mind. You are the most irritating pro govt agent here. Things are difficult for the citizenry here and all you do morning night afternoon is to talk rubbish justifying all the evils of the government simply because you are benefiting from the rot

You should be ashamed of yourself
Believe me, hes not benefitting anything perhaps tribal and religious affiliation that's all..

Who dash monkey banana to benefit from tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Saintinoo(m): 2:20pm On Apr 16
Anatolia:
As long as the cost of fuel is high, the appreciation of the naira will have minimal effect on things produced inside the country. The cost will only go down if government can reduce petrol to 300 or 400 naira.

Many Nigerians are ignorant of this. What is the relationship between dollar and food being produced in Nigeria. How does dollar affect the price of yam, beans and corn for God sake.

Even the price of imported goods will not reduce just immediately and will need a long term reduction in dollar rate.

2 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Nazgul: 2:22pm On Apr 16
helinues:
Do you know the cost of clearing (custom duty) a 2018 Toyota Highlander in Nigeria today... I'll tell you. 9m. Yes you heard me right...9m.

Custom duty is literally ripping importers on one hand, while fuel and diesel increase which translates to high cost of transportation, high cost of production, high cost of logistics, coupled with insecurity is ripping local manufacturers on the other hand.

And somehow these same people who the government you blindly defend are the problem? You need help.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 2:23pm On Apr 16
Saintinoo:

When you get into their business, you will understand better. Why do you think manufacturers have shut down? You think they can't just increase price?

Let me give you a good example with local rice. This women who sell local rice in Northern markets, go as buying a bag of paddy at 40k - 45k, use 5k to mill a bag at the end of the day they get not more than 50kg of rice, which at the end of the day a 50kg of rice is sold at 50k in the North. These women will make less than 3k after going through these stress.

The marketer who buy this rice at 50k will spend 7k just to transport to Lagos, and if he wants to use small buses, it will coat 10k, he sells at 63k to 65k, and gets 3k - 5k gross profit.

Marketers,, farmers are now spending, more because of Tinubu policies, and you don't expect them to bear the cost.
If tinubu policy of removing subsidy from is what is killing their production then we've gone back to buying rice from foreign countries that sells cheaper rice.
Rice in lagos last week was ₦75k
Now foreign rice in Lagos is ₦63k
Some people buying in Ogun state for ₦51k already.

They should keep blaming tinubu, bunch of greedy manufacturers and famers.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Fearyourcreator: 2:25pm On Apr 16
Ejiakusmith:
Tribalistic bigot...... Hunger go roast 😨😨 you alive

Tell that to a lazy man
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16
Nazgul:

Do you know the cost of clearing (custom duty) a 2018 Toyota Highlander in Nigeria today... I'll tell you. 9m. Yes you heard me right...9m.

Custom duty is literally ripping importers on one hand, while fuel and diesel increase which translates to high cost of transportation, high cost of production, high cost of logistics, coupled with insecurity is ripping local manufacturers on the other hand.

And somehow these same people who the government you blindly defend are the problem? You need help.
Bro were you not aware of the news where import duty was drop down?
Stop defending greedy Nigerians. Rice is now selling from ₦51k to to ₦63k depending on your location.
Many electronics store milking people but hub360 just announced to all customers they're slashed all product price on their site.

Let the greedy ones keep blaming diesel. That's why competition is good. Some are already selling at new lesser prices.
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Saintinoo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 16
tollyboy5:

If tinubu policy of removing subsidy from is what is killing their production then we've gone back to buying rice from foreign countries that sells cheaper rice.
Rice in lagos last week was ₦75k
Now foreign rice in Lagos is ₦63k
Some people buying in Ogun state for ₦51k already.

They should keep blaming tinubu, bunch of greedy manufacturers and famers.

You can get into manufacturing or farming and bring down the price.

4 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by tollyboy5(m): 2:33pm On Apr 16
Saintinoo:

You can get into manufacturing or farming and bring down the price.
I buy foreign cheaper goods.
They should revert prices back to when dollar was ₦1k and diesel was still ₦1.4k since dollar is back to ₦1k and diesel is lesser than ₦1.4k.

Is that too hard?
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Menclothing1: 2:33pm On Apr 16
Goods that I bought at 1900 per dollar will take 50 days to arrive Nigeria it enter this week will I sell at new or old rate am confuse

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Saintinoo(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16
tollyboy5:

I buy foreign cheaper goods.
They should revert prices back to when dollar was ₦1k and diesel was still ₦1.4k since dollar is back to ₦1k and diesel is lesser than ₦1.4k.

Is that too hard?

I believe you work with one of em manufacturers, ask them to revert price back after probably stocking their warehouses with raw materials of the old dollar rate, or probably paying more logistics cost because of your god (Tinubu) policy.

The high cost of goods and services have come to stay unless Tinubu reverse his policies. Enjoy the high cost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by nlreserve: 2:38pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Government is the problem

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Sicklebear28: 2:40pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Make your comments on the thread and Waka without always attacking mine.

Thanks you

You behave like a robot

3 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by DMerciful(m): 2:41pm On Apr 16
Why do you always defend govt's ineptitude?
helinues:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Obaranje: 2:47pm On Apr 16
motionarena:
I think is high time we wage war against greedy and evil distributors and marketers.

A product I use to buy for 2k before Naira depreciation went as high as 3k now the dollar has been steadily decreasing the same product is going for 4.7k

They are the ones suffering Nigerians
have you tried to ask how the marketers manege to get the product? Do you know how much for the cost of one truck load of beans from north to south?

Have you ask yourself how much is a litre of diesel

Incase you don't know diesel is sold for 1600 per litre, now times 1600 x 250 litre tank of a 14 tyre truck that is 400,000 for just going to his destination

Then another 400,000 to fill up again when going back that is 800,000 for gas alone

How much will the owner of the truck now charge for the goods?

Just as the owner of the truck will add his over head cost when charging the marketer before delivery so also will the marketer do the same.

This will therefore lead to high cost of the product not just dollar coming down

Reduce diesel to 250 and fuel to 145 and see everything return to normal again from transportation to price of goods and services.

Corruption will not let the government do the right thing

2 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Villa12(m): 2:49pm On Apr 16
tollyboy5:

Ok it should go back to ₦85k? Or wetin dis 1 dey tok? undecided
it should go back to how your emilokan met it. We don't want anything from your emilokan. He should just take everything back to how he met it. Very simple

1 Like

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Nazgul: 2:53pm On Apr 16
tollyboy5:

Bro were you not aware of the news where import duty was drop down?
Stop defending greedy Nigerians. Rice is now selling from ₦51k to to ₦63k depending on your location.
Many electronics store milking people but hub360 just announced to all customers they're slashed all product price on their site.

Let the greedy ones keep blaming diesel. That's why competition is good. Some are already selling at new lesser prices.
Let me clarify it here that import duty was never reduced. Peter Obi suggested it towards the end of last year to Tinubu in order to reduce the burden on the masses, but nothing happened.

Dollar is dropping, but import duty remains the same. Who are they deceiving?

50kg rice is now sold for 51k and it's not trending on social media. Do you think you're taking to a child. It won't take me 30 seconds to put a call across to dealers to get their prices.

And guess what...I just did. Foreign rice as of today in Gbagada Lagos is 77k. So please stop lying.

The way you Tinubu supporters lie just to make him look good is one of the reasons why we can't trust him. Cos everything about him is propaganda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Villa12(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16
Fearyourcreator:

Tell that to a lazy man
mumu no Nigerian is lazy. Even the cripple ones go out to beg for alms. Work on your failed marriage egbon

2 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by motionarena: 2:58pm On Apr 16
Saintinoo:

Ok I understand
But do but do not say dollar depreciation should not also affect prices.

What cause indomie super pack to sell at 18k from 8k?
Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Princedapace(m): 3:00pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Foods here don't depend on dollar but fuel price.

If I have to pay for high cost of fuel, plus lack of electricity which means I have to fuel my car, fuel gen at my business, fuel the gen at home, I must increase the price of my products and services to enable me still remain in business and pay my bills.

3 Likes

Re: More Pressures On Pockets As Food Inflation Rises To 40% by Malroux: 3:06pm On Apr 16
helinues:

I'll help you ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Nigerians The Most Wicked People On Earth / Police Officers Now Serve As Senior Conductor To Commercial Bus Driver In Lagos / Politicians, Electoral Staff Overrun INEC Strong Room In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.