Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg (735 Views)

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound / Bloomberg: Nigeria's Dollar Bonds Jump After New President Scraps Fuel Caps / Governor Ayade's Aide Resigns, Says 'his Ideology Does Not Go In Tandem With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:44pm On Apr 16
Nigeria is burning through foreign-exchange reserves at a rate not seen in four years, raising concerns that the central bank is depleting its dollar holdings to support the naira

Nigeria is burning through foreign-exchange reserves at a rate not seen in four years, raising concerns that the central bank is depleting its dollar holdings to support the naira after pledging it would allow the currency to float more freely.

Liquid reserves declined 5.6% since March 18, when the naira started its rebound from record-low levels against the dollar, to $31.7 billion as of April 12, according to Bloomberg’s calculations based on the latest available data from the Central Bank of Nigeria. That’s the biggest decline in a similar period since April 2020, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-04-16/ngn-usd-nigeria-s-fx-reserves-plunge-in-tandem-with-naira-rebound?utm_content=africa&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-africa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Lizzysamuel(f): 8:45pm On Apr 16
Dear Patriots, there's need for more propaganda especially on bigotry.

Lets find more videos of prominent Igbos, where they said something about other tribes.

This is very urgent at this critical time they're attacking our mandate, for distraction purposes.😂

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by bennybuhari: 8:47pm On Apr 16
I won't take it lightly if truly Tinubu's government is using our foreign reserves to defend naira

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Hashabiah: 8:50pm On Apr 16
Let Nigeria burn...Nigerians want it that way

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by CodeTemplar: 8:51pm On Apr 16
Coincidence or case of cause and effect?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by AqualinaXYZ: 8:52pm On Apr 16
Hold your dollar I’ve been saying this

They’ll soon run out of billions of dollar to defend naira

I keep shouting this don’t sell your dollar as long as it’s Tinubu always expect the economy to go bad

May this foreign reserve that’s about to be exhausted favor me and my bitcoin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by CodeTemplar: 8:54pm On Apr 16
bennybuhari:
I won't take it lightly if truly Tinubu's government is using our foreign reserves to defend naira
rrseacrch the use of foreign reserve.
That's the purpose. The error here is when it is depleted too fast in a bid to keep up with demand overvalued local currency creates.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by alsudan: 8:55pm On Apr 16
Nigerians chopping their Nyash under the thief na big understatement.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by AqualinaXYZ: 8:56pm On Apr 16
bennybuhari:

Dollar is crashing when Nigeria isn’t exporting anything and you no bother to know that these people are finishing foreign reserves

Tinubu na mugu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by StarRida: 9:03pm On Apr 16
Oh God have mercy on us Nigerians how do we get here ...

Modified

Our destinies is in our hands it's either we keep quiet and keep dieing slowly or we speak up now whatever becomes our faith we take it

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Faiththatworks(m): 9:05pm On Apr 16
Hi
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Localemperor: 9:12pm On Apr 16
But this is just common sense na, they use the Binance clam down as a smoke screen. How would a sane person attributes the fall in naira to to the ban on Binance.

The country does not export anything and the dollar is falling after the continuous damage by importers and you think no body is helping the naira?

Are you mad?? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by SeeWahala: 9:16pm On Apr 16
Our precious foreign reserves cry

So all these 'dollar is crashing - dollar is falling' celebrations that agbad0rians have been shouting everywhere and trying to force nigerians to foolishly join them in jumping IS JUST A SIMPLE SCAM? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Hoelujohn: 9:18pm On Apr 16
AqualinaXYZ:

I keep shouting this don’t sell your dollar as long as it’s Tinubu always expect the economy to go bad

I see it going to 10k before December.That is your wish abi? You no get sense. Won't they make money from sales of crude oil at all?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by drlateef: 9:18pm On Apr 16
AqualinaXYZ:

May you never benefit from the prosperity of Nigeria. Ameen

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by godofuck231: 9:19pm On Apr 16
Its a guillotine trap set for the naira in case it tries to shoot up its pretty face and head , solution would be 2 dollar from every barrel of crude sold goes to the foreign reserve, some countries will soon attack Nigeria because of its economic threats

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by BeardedMeat(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16
They will come and abuse Bloomberg whom they were coochie-licking few days back. 😅

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Lizzysamuel(f): 9:25pm On Apr 16
drlateef:

Shut up.

A person like you that supported and cheered a Failure like Buhari doesn't deserve a say in the affairs of this country.

So shut up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by BeardedMeat(m): 9:25pm On Apr 16
drlateef:

Because Nigeria is your father's property?
Tinubu has reinvented his fake and chequered lifestyle into aso rock and you want everyone to lap it up like his zombeic followers?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by chinchum(m): 9:29pm On Apr 16
The backlog of fx payment made nkor? At least 3 billion USD forex backlog is now cleared.

I will like to know the update on barges of crude oil that were suffering demand, that may be having an effect
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by c900: 9:42pm On Apr 16
even 20percent isn't bad. Nigeria should back naira with gold to raise its value...government should secure all gold sites with immediate effect and start stockpiling gold.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by rinzaugustine: 9:46pm On Apr 16
Lol…abi we no talk am ? .. people who are hoping on hopelessness for an electoral robber to succeed accused discerning minds who voiced a valid concern of hating Nigeria . Today Aisha Yesufu talk am again today…when they exhaust their hoard into the hands of hoarders mopping it up now.. dollar will become like cocaine and the scarcity will likely push it to 3k naira
Re: Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound -Bloomberg by Mynd44: 6:14am On Apr 17

(1)

Why Is Safety Not Priority In Africa? / Clinton/obama: Race Or Gender? / Brt Vehicle Catches Fire As 2 Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.