Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

OPINION: Is It Me... Or Has Football Become Boring These Days? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OPINION: Is It Me... Or Has Football Become Boring These Days? (62 Views)

What is happening to Pentecostal Churches these days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: Is It Me... Or Has Football Become Boring These Days? by Unperturbedpota: 3:27am On Apr 17
I watched the entire matches last weekend at home and I realized one thing , the beauty and magic of the game is gone is gone. Its purely a system game now. Pass, pass, pass and never ever try anything flashy or risky for fun and entertainment.

You have people like Pep going mental at Haaland at half time of a match he scored 2 goals in the first half. Probably he had the gall to try something "extremely extravagant" like a back heel pass or God forbid he may have smiled/s

We won't see another Messi, CR7, Zola, Di Canio, Cantona, Le Tissier, Ronaldinho, Okocha, Kanu, Cruyff, Maradona etc.

These modern players have the skill and flair coached out of them! And nobody in the professional game plays to have fun and entertain the supporters anymore.

A player like Antony for Man Utd does a trick (yes admittedly a lame one) and his manager, the football media and the fans act like he murdered someone ffs.

Its almost like its a game of chess now.

Its all just about who gets the most goals, assists etc and nobody dares to take on a riskier, pass, shot, skill attempt.

Look at The King of the chip / lob goal Romario for 2mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Yq7X3LTUE

Pure class watching compilations of him lobbing the goalkeepers.
These days he would be substituted off and vilified by media and fans the moment he missed because some pointdexter coach would say "you were 14.7% more likely to miss by trying that and you lowered your xg from 0.7 to 0.51" etc.

All of the other sports are fairly monotonous in comparison. There's only a few different ways to make an Eagle/ birdie, score a try, score a touchdown, hit a homerun or a 6, that was the difference with football was no matter what you could see something you never seen before by some genius like Bergkamp, Mijatovic, Thierry Henry, Ronaldo, Crrspo, Inzaghi, Del Piero, Kaka, Raul, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole , Ole Gunnar, Van Persie, etc .

Even Cristiano and Messi became much much less flair players than their early careers (While still in their prime) Now its all about scoring the goal and not about scoring the Golaço.

All they care about is stats ,stats and more stats!!
Even Oeo feels so flat when compared to other coaches like Sir Alex , Mourinho, Sir Charlton , Etc

End of rant

Share your thoughts angry
Re: OPINION: Is It Me... Or Has Football Become Boring These Days? by huptin(m): 6:18am On Apr 17
Valid point . I think it's the effect of money...so much money goes to football...football is no more a game, it is now a full blown business...flair has to give way to hard headed tactics designed only for one thing - Winning at all costs.
Re: OPINION: Is It Me... Or Has Football Become Boring These Days? by Unperturbedpota: 6:54am On Apr 17
huptin:
Valid point . I think it's the effect of money...so much money goes to football...football is no more a game, it is now a full blown business...flair has to give way to hard headed tactics designed only for one thing - Winning at all costs.

Unfortunately this has killed the game. Football games are not as interesting as they used to be and its getting worse.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Shaibu Shut Out As INEC Publishes Final List Of Candidates For Edo Gov / GALAXY 10K Review : AI Loophole Earns You $25-$100 Regularly / Oba Of Benin Suspends Top Chiefs Over Allegiance To Ile- Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.