Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation (6901 Views)

NELFUND Says BVN Mandatory For Student Loans, Targets 1.2 Million Beneficiaries / Steps For Nigerian Students To Access Loan Scheme / Kaduna Govt Evacuates Scholarship Beneficiaries In Sudan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Intergrated: 8:31am On Apr 17
Max24:
Any Obidient that applies for this loan must be an Omo ale. They said it won't work. It is an audio program. It is propaganda. Hope they know that if they now go behind to collect it there is karma on them and they are hypocrites.
mugu . After school then what? Very useless and clueless action. The millions of graduates that are been sent out to labour markets without jobs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Chucks13: 8:32am On Apr 17
Angelfrost:

Nope... I neither hate Tinubu, nor do I need a loan.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy and silliness of your post.

There's nothing Obidients are doing or saying that APC, Tinubu and Buhari didn't say or do worse when Jonathan was in power.

So, if you have no sensible thing to comment, go and read for your waec! tongue

No you got it wrong I'm not apc but voted Tinub, apc messed up in 2014/15 yes, but never went these far as obiduent gone, obidiens are horrible selected evil descendants.

I stood against Buhari with everything because I'm a die hard Jonathan fan for life. I Atikulated in 2019 "BUT" no apc bullied me, no apc threatened me, no apc insulted Elders of our land, no apc these rude as obidients, no apc act like a descendant of 666 as obidients are acting etc pls obidients movement must die in Nigeria they are not Nigerians in anyway. Thanks...
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by commoditiesnig: 8:32am On Apr 17
BeeBeeOoh:
• Selected applicants to get upkeep stipends

https://thenationonlineng.net/student-loan-scheme-set-for-take-off-with-1-2m-beneficiaries/
Goodnews for students
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Kukutenla: 8:37am On Apr 17
Chucks13:
Pls no obidients should near that loan let them go and get their loan from Grigory.

Any obidient that apply for that loan it shall never be well with you, if you take that loan you won't succeed in whatever you will use it for. Amen and Izeeh join.

You want Nigeria to fail baa? And as God live you will never enjoy anything good in Nigeria.

I'm really angry with you guys like hell.

"Plus you minus you(obidients) Nigeria will rise again". This is my country and I will stand to defend it no matter what.
Is it Tinubu's money?
The money is from tax of Obidients and Agbados and apolitical people likewise or didn't you read the fund is from 1% of FIRS revenue?
It's just like cursing that any agbadorian who enjoys 1kobo from Niger Delta oil money, it will never be well with that person since most Niger Deltans are Obidients going by the last election results.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Wisejohnson47(m): 8:43am On Apr 17
1.2 million, and non of my friends, enemies and family members are involved? Okay oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by ivandragon: 8:51am On Apr 17
Hope this won't lead to introduction of tuition fees in federal institutions or make prospective students go to private institutions

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by jaxxy(m): 8:53am On Apr 17
Just like the defunct Npower I'm.not sure this student loan has been well thought out or planned.

Seems like another hasty policy to make noise and score cheap points.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Villa12(m): 9:04am On Apr 17
cjudy:

Wow see you, you know of a graduate working at a security in Abuja. That one small na. Some graduates Dey push Barrow, some Dey ride Okada and some Dey carry truck.
Una corntree na cruise
some graduates are even jobless. Useless country
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Jostoman: 9:08am On Apr 17
Make una dey pack money for next election dey deceive Unaself. Thank God i dont depend on government for suvival.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Villa12(m): 9:09am On Apr 17
Chucks13:
Pls no obidients should near that loan let them go and get their loan from Grigory.

Any obidient that apply for that loan it shall never be well with you, if you take that loan you won't succeed in whatever you will use it for. Amen and Izeeh join.

You want Nigeria to fail baa? And as God live you will never enjoy anything good in Nigeria.

I'm really angry with you guys like hell.

"Plus you minus you(obidients) Nigeria will rise again". This is my country and I will stand to defend it no matter what.
you be mumu. Loan wey you go collect but you no go fit pay am back even after 10 years grin how many of the jobless graduates littered over the streets has your useless government employed? You go collect loan graduate but jobless or you go dey do POS or 30k job grin

Jagajaga country
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by surequality: 9:10am On Apr 17
Krokro Propaganda
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:26am On Apr 17
Scam!!!
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by barry75: 9:41am On Apr 17
I hope this is real?
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Almunjid(m): 9:54am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:
Are you serious only 1.2mil beneficiaries? What is the essence of the student loan. What sort systematic scam is this? If you divide 1.2 mil by 37 states you get 33000 in each state. That means only 33000 will get the student loan in each state.
Lol. Na wah for u Ooo! Are you cognizant of the fact that the collective number of students in tertiary institutions, encompassing both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in public schools, is approximately 2.6 to 3 million? Within this diverse student body, individuals are classified across various socioeconomic strata, including lower class, the middle class, upper-middle class, and upper class. It is important to note that the proposed educational loan scheme is designed specifically for students hailing from ”the lower economic tier”. The programme aims to cater to about 1.2 million beneficiaries, which is anticipated to be a sufficient number to address the needs of this demographic.

Peace!
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Babastrong(m): 10:12am On Apr 17
what of postgraduate students?
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Blaze14k: 10:43am On Apr 17
Almunjid:

Lol. Na wah for u Ooo! Are you cognizant of the fact that the collective number of students in tertiary institutions, encompassing both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in public schools, is approximately 2.6 million? Within this diverse student body, individuals are classified across various socioeconomic strata, including lower class, the middle class, upper-middle class, and upper class. It is important to note that the proposed educational loan scheme is designed specifically for students hailing from ”the lower economic tier”. The programme aims to cater to about 1.2 million beneficiaries, which is anticipated to be a sufficient number to address the needs of this demographic.

Peace!

Bro where did you get this numbers can you please post it here
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by prophetfire: 11:19am On Apr 17
helinues:
Good news
. Audio students loan. A student loan scheme don't handpick beneficiaries.
It's a free for all qualified to apply.
This is another opportunity to release money and buy up students who are political rent seekers and reward those that help them to rig elections.
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Gandrova: 11:24am On Apr 17
From what government listed above, Jamb. Reg number, BVN and NIN I don't see anything hidden about it.
May we be favoured by God and the government .
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Almunjid(m): 11:45am On Apr 17
Blaze14k:

Bro where did you get this numbers can you please post it here
It appears that current statistics on the student population in tertiary institutions are not readily available. However, for the sake of discussion, let's estimate the total number at around 3 million. This figure include approximately 1.8 million undergraduates at universities, 400,000 postgraduate students, and a combined 800,000 students attending polytechnics and Colleges of Education (NCE). While these numbers are approximations, a quick verification through a search engine should confirm that they are not significantly off the mark. Given these estimates, a financial aid programme designed to benefit 1.2 million students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds seems adequate for the moment. Nevertheless, as the student population grows beyond the current estimates, there will be a need to increase the number of beneficiaries accordingly.

Salaam!
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Blaze14k: 12:31pm On Apr 17
Almunjid:

It appears that current statistics on the student population in tertiary institutions are not readily available. However, for the sake of discussion, let's estimate the total number at around 3 million. This figure include approximately 1.8 million undergraduates at universities, 400,000 postgraduate students, and a combined 800,000 students attending polytechnics and Colleges of Education (NCE). While these numbers are approximations, a quick verification through a search engine should confirm that they are not significantly off the mark. Given these estimates, a financial aid programme designed to benefit 1.2 million students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds seems adequate for the moment. Nevertheless, as the student population grows beyond the current estimates, there will be a need to increase the number of beneficiaries accordingly.

Salaam!

Am glad you are entirely honest and not biased with your explanation. Nevertheless I suggest the government should take off the stipends they pay for upkeep if it is included in the loan and increase the number of people to get the student loan since they are very close to the finish line.
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Donedeal1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17
Let the game begin.
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Almunjid(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17
Blaze14k:

Am glad you are entirely honest and not biased with your explanation. Nevertheless I suggest the government should take off the stipends they pay for upkeep if it is included in the loan and increase the number of people to get the student loan since they are very close to the finish line.
I appreciate your understanding that the programme is designed to support specific categories of students (primarily those from lower-income backgrounds) rather than the entire population of the estimated 3 million students. So, focusing on 1.2 million students seems reasonable for the moment.

Regarding your suggestion for the government to remove the stipend in order to extend the loan to more than 1.2 million beneficiaries, there are both positive and negative aspects to consider. Let's explore them:

Eliminating the stipend would likely increase the number of beneficiaries, allowing more students to access financial assistance. However, we must recognize that the stipend serves a crucial purpose. It covers essential expenses beyond tuition fees, including daily meals, internet data, study materials, and accommodation. High living costs can be a significant barrier for some students (especially to the beneficiaries who are from the lower-income backgrounds). Without the stipend, they might struggle to afford these basic necessities, leading to their potential dropouts which will be a waste of loan.

Striking the right balance is essential. While expanding the loan's reach is valuable, we must also ensure that students' basic needs are met. That's why the government used a portion of their loan to cover living expenses while still benefiting from the overall financial support to prevent the loan from going to waste, because unintentional dropouts could lead to tuition fees being paid to schools on their behalf while the students or beneficiaries of the loan are absent from school.

In addition, the government likely calculated the loan amount to cover all necessary educational expenses. Excluding the stipend might disrupt this balance. Professionals involved in programme planning considered the financial challenges students face. Their intention was to create a comprehensive support system. Gracias!
Re: Student Loan Scheme Set For Take Off With 1.2 Million Beneficiaries - The Nation by Flowcool(m): 4:19pm On Apr 17
Kukutenla:

Is it Tinubu's money?
The money is from tax of Obidients and Agbados and apolitical people likewise or didn't you read the fund is from 1% of FIRS revenue?
It's just like cursing that any agbadorian who enjoys 1kobo from Niger Delta oil money, it will never be well with that person since most Niger Deltans are Obidients going by the last election results.

Please Who has an update concerning new staff posting date at FIRS?

YOU CAN PLEASE SEND A MAIL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

69 Skills To Learn To Make Money In 2019 / Finally: Oyo And Osun State Sells Out Lautech To Federal Government / JAMB Result: How To Check 2020 JAMB UTME Results Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.