Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? (40128 Views)

Reno Omokri: Avoid Your School Alumni Whatsapp Forum If You Are Wealthy / Bowen University Creates New Portal For Revalidation Of Alumni Data / Katsina Govt Bans Whatsapp Groups In Schools & Prohibits Facebook Among Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by OKEIYIOKODU: 11:51pm On Apr 17
VinnyBaba:

In my Secondary School and University WhatsApp groups,
I hardly Comment or make contributions. sad

I see them online talking about social media trends, Our School days, Visitations,etc and I always Wonder 'Do these Pple have Jobs and ambitions?'.

I talked to a Friend of mine About this and he said 'I am Anti-Social or an Introvert'. embarassed

An avenue to show off by some that they have arrived.Call any privately to help you in one way or the other he will ignore you but in the public are one that will call for fundraising for reunion and get together

HOW ABOUT YOU?
Comment.

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by OKEIYIOKODU: 12:05am On Apr 18
[quote author=VinnyBaba post=129480689]
In my Secondary School and University WhatsApp groups,
I hardly Comment or make contributions. sad

I see them online talking about social media trends, Our School days, Visitations,etc and I always Wonder 'Do these Pple have Jobs and ambitions?'.

I talked to a Friend of mine About this and he said 'I am Anti-Social or an Introvert'. embarassed

An avenue to show off by some that they have arrived.Call any privately to help you in one way or the other he will ignore you but in the public are one that will call for fundraising for reunion and get together.As for me I ignore them but associate with ones I shares alot with during my school days when we have not achieve any thing in life but goes together because fate has brought us together as course or school mates.I am talking from experience few days ago i was in a difficult sceneries but my two courses who I shared close affinities bailed me out because we were there for each other through thick and thin during our school years decades ago.

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by Areola14(m): 4:27am On Apr 18
The very first week I joined my past secondary school WhatsApp group, I was frustrated with the number of comments on the group, 3,000 comment and many pictures. To me they just want to know those that have made it in life, and funny enough the un-seriouse that you never thought of have really made, but their lifestyle of living I dislike. I still see myself far far ok than them with their riches. Many of them wit lots of baby mama's, some ladies are single mothers and some in their 3rd husband place and some are roaming about with who to hookup with. Those serious one are not really rich but with a meaningful lifestyle. I cannot be reading 1,500 comments after close of work abeg.

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by Mayflowa(m): 5:09am On Apr 18
dkidd:
It's just an avenue to meet old friends, lovers and fuckbuddies and see if anything fun and pleasure related can come up. Heck they even set up meetings and hangouts to that effect. And some old sparks get rekindled married or not and then complications sets in. In life u get past a stage and u keep going forward no looking backwards. Especially in today's world where discipline and loyalty is outdated. I pity married men who allow their wives engage in such groups. If no be say I dey principled the married women when full my contact from these groups and those steady flooding my vision with blinding green lights for dey get am hot hot. I no like karma for that department at all so I respect myself. There's no real reason to be in such groups

Good you are wise. Their husbands for don kill you if you try am.

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by VinnyBaba: 6:52am On Apr 18
Areola14:
The very first week I joined my past secondary school WhatsApp group, I was frustrated with the number of comments on the group, 3,000 comment and many pictures. To me they just want to know those that have made it in life, and funny enough the un-seriouse that you never thought of have really made, but their lifestyle of living I dislike. I still see myself far far ok than them with their riches. Many of them wit lots of baby mama's, some ladies are single mothers and some in their 3rd husband place and some are roaming about with who to hookup with. Those serious one are not really riches but with a meaningful lifestyle. Am cannot be reading 3,000 comments after close of work abeg.

This is EXACTLY why I called it Time Wasting. undecided

How can one Stay on a WhatsApp Group 24+7 and go as Far as Attending Burial of Member's Relatives.

Has to be JOBLESSNESS if you ask me.
ONLY Pple that have little or No Responsibility can have time for us. sad

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by VinnyBaba: 6:57am On Apr 18
[quote author=OKEIYIOKODU post=129496775][/quote]

At the Part of your comment, This is the REAL Deal.
Having Real Friends/Coursemates who you Know you can Count on during Trying Times.🙂

The so called Financial Help rendered on some WhatsApp Groups are given with Motives.😒😒
Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by sulakishop(m): 10:12am On Apr 18
Use of English. Educating ignorant minds...

alphaNomega:
wetin dis one dey write?
Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by Kcfresh2103(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18
grin
MT:

Leave in the middle of the night, when they are mostly asleep grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by Kcfresh2103(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18
kay29000:

Wait, burial of your former classmates, or burial of their parents?

Burial of mothers, fathers etc.

2 Likes

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by kay29000(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18
Kcfresh2103:

Burial of mothers, fathers etc.

Okay.

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by Heavance(m): 7:31am On Apr 19
VinnyBaba:

Physical meetings and Online meetings are TWO Different things, Sir! 😏😕

The online meeting is 80% and through it we arrange to see offline, which may happen once in a year or 2 years.

1 Like

Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by IceColdVeins(m): 8:36am On Apr 21
tollyboy5:

Just ask the questions on my mention I go reply.
I need some help in acquiring embedded system hardware materials like panels, led matrix etc.

Im in lagos and I need directions to where I can get them affordably chief.

Anticipating your response chief.

Thanks
Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by tollyboy5(m): 8:49am On Apr 21
IceColdVeins:
I need some help in acquiring embedded system hardware materials like panels, led matrix etc.

Im in lagos and I need directions to where I can get them affordably chief.

Anticipating your response chief.

Thanks
hub360.com.ng, thunderforce at oshodi
Re: I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? by Johnwrite(m): 9:02am On Apr 21
The past is the past, move on my brother, commenting on you secondary school group will not help your career in any way

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ASUU Leaders Chase Kogi Governor Away From Hospital / Amaechi Pays N800 Million Per Term To Indians To Train 750 Secondary School Kids / Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.