Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,128 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) (24225 Views)

Opera Is Hiring Get The Special Offer Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by godofuck231: 10:29am On Apr 17
seanwilliam:
Like USA navy seal team 6 Abi?
yes but na sproper equipment and air tactics training so they can't compete with the best ,but in other words , don't Bleep with them
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by fitinwell: 10:55am On Apr 17
nlfpmod:

When you watch too many YouTube videos...
You start displaying..and Acting without results..

Nigerians want to see results not pictures.
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by OriginalCEO: 11:15am On Apr 17
looks like a sponsored post, some PR

next..
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by nony43(m): 11:27am On Apr 17
Septagon:
Neva heard if them.if they have such,they wudnt be paying militants to guard pipelines .

Hadled chase available

Each arm of the Military and Paramilitary have their special unit.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by ajerimitan: 11:35am On Apr 17
All these guys still think they are there to catch cruise. I don’t know how many month they are into the training already but their formation and positioning is very sloppy. They are standing like boys scout and maybe they should grow pot belly soon. I doubt if these one know their life is on the line. Handling guns like a hoe with they I-legs and weak hands. Let them keep recruiting with connection they will die like flies.

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by 43Ronin: 11:38am On Apr 17
Why show the faces of special operators. Naija is a joke
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by 43Ronin: 11:44am On Apr 17
Ttipsy:
Air Force should also establish special Air service in the North to counter kidnappers and terror and bandits

Special Air service
They have, they are the ones that bandit killed like 12 of them in zamfara
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Themandator: 12:19pm On Apr 17
greenermodels:
They were established since 2006 and they have consistently failed to stop the Niger Delta militants from blowing up oil facilities when provoked,why do we celebrate failures and mediocres in Nigeria?

As with other aspects of our national life l,, scramble for them and their services have greatly reduced their manpower.... Even Army and Air force senior officers wants them for personal protection including wealthy individuals
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by 7demons: 12:20pm On Apr 17
Paraman:
I've been following them since 2010. I think they are the first standard SOF the Nigerian military will have.

They are not still the number one till today not just in Nigeria but in West and Central Africa.
You will die the day Peter Obi will ascend that thrown.
Na motto go jam you on that day.
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Paraman: 12:23pm On Apr 17
7demons:

You will die the day Peter Obi will ascend that thrown.
Na motto go jam you on that day.
Seun

Mynd44

fergie001

7demons just broke rule 2

1 Like

Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Themandator: 12:27pm On Apr 17
nony43:

Each arm of the Military and Paramilitary have their special unit.

Most of the persons you see wearing SF didn't under any special training ....they make the uniforms themselves once they survive The North East operations

Some who have not been there also join in the craze ....It is like returning from Mecca, as are we're told back then , and becoming an alhaji

2 Likes

Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by oyeb15: 12:59pm On Apr 17
Onceu set ur foot on Nigeria soil, u get a different mentality.

Don't be surprised seeing them collecting #200 at checkpoint
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Paraman: 3:55pm On Apr 17
7demons:

Keep reporting, it's a promise. 2027. Tell your family members to prepare your grave. Foòl.
You're not God

You're just a mere human... My family won't prepare my grave neither will I nor my love ones die anytime soon.

You don't know me, I pity you because I know the God I serve.

I promise you, you will know I serve a living God very soon.
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Offpointng: 3:56pm On Apr 17
Ttipsy:
Air Force should also establish special Air service in the North to counter kidnappers and terror and bandits

Special Air service

Air Force got SOF Panthers. The peace you experience in Kaduna these days can be attributed to them
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Offpointng: 4:03pm On Apr 17
Papayaayasager:
Demo

Dem just dey denge pose for picture if e reach for the main battle now then go tuwama

They say Ignorance is bliss. Continue to wallow in it
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by nony43(m): 5:13pm On Apr 17
Themandator:

Most of the persons you see wearing SF didn't under any special training ....they make the uniforms themselves once they survive The North East operations

Some who have not been there also join in the craze ....It is like returning from Mecca, as are we're told back then , and becoming an alhaji

Oh wow, I never knew.
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Papayaayasager(m): 5:45pm On Apr 17
Offpointng:

They say Ignorance is bliss. Continue to wallow in it

The way you are wallowing in imagination right?

Imagination wan kill you.
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Offpointng: 8:48pm On Apr 17
Papayaayasager:

The way you are wallowing in imagination right?

Imagination wan kill you.

I can't Imagine what I already know. that's the difference.

SBS are divided into groups; some are trained in Belarus, France and UK and then they come back to Nigeria, share the training they've all acquired together and operate with every modern equipment used for Special Ops and yet ur Ignorant, less Educated self thinks a rag tag Bandit or Terrorist is a match for them??

Make ur Ignorance no make you any further dumb
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Indifferent12: 9:56pm On Apr 17
Krak:

Where in the world have you seen Commandos guarding pipelines?
No be only commandos, these guys cannot fight militants in Niger delta, they don’t even come close
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Indifferent12: 9:58pm On Apr 17
Offpointng:

SBS are divided into groups; some are trained in Belarus, France and UK and then they come back to Nigeria, share the training they've all acquired together and operate with every modern equipment used for Special Ops and yet ur Ignorant, less Educated self thinks a rag tag Bandit or Terrorist is a match for them??

Regardless of all your training, it takes one bullet to kill a soldier.
Can u even name their specific job function?
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Offpointng: 10:12pm On Apr 17
Indifferent12:
Regardless of all your training, it takes one bullet to kill a soldier. Can u even name their specific job function?
Naval SBS hardly die. Ask ur rating friends
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Konquest: 10:17pm On Apr 17
nlfpmod:

WHO ARE THE SBS?
A Thread:

The special boat service (SBS) is a special operation unit of the Nigerian Navy. It was modelled after the royal Navy special boat service. It is considered to be one of the most elite naval special forces units in Africa. It was established in 2006.

The establishment of the Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service (SBS) was motivated by the imperative to address the persistent attacks on Nigeria's oil facilities by militant groups and criminal elements in the Niger Delta.

It is predominantly focused on, but not restricted to; littoral and riverine operations, including reconnaissance and surveillance; covert beach reconnaissance in advance of an amphibious assault; recovery or protection of ships and oil installations subject to hostile state or non-state action; maritime counter-terrorism; and offensive action.

The Basic Operating Course (BOC) is the foundational training program that shapes individuals into skilled SBS operatives, known for their elite capabilities. The course comprises three distinct phases, each focusing on crucial aspects of their operational readiness Operatives undergo training in range classification, handling of explosive and demolition weapons, map reading, and intelligence techniques. Upon successful completion of the BOC, operatives are bestowed with the special forces honour badge, serving as a symbol of their exceptional training and distinguishing them as elite members within the Naval personnel.

On 21 April 2020, ten SBS commandos boarded the Tommi Ritscher, a container ship captured by pirates off the shore of Benin. Benin authorities gave the SBS commandos a letter of commendation.

On 12 July 2021, 25 officers of the Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service completed a five-week Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET) alongside a team of U.S. Army Special Forces.

They also had a joint training exercise with the 42 commando royal marines.

Credit: Daoptimist Gallant Daletian
Special Forces unit of the Nigerian Navy.
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by DeeGov123(m): 11:04pm On Apr 17
SBS is very hard to become, I remember back then in 2008 when I was in the barrack, navy town ojo, my neighbor broke his leg during training to become a SBS, and he was hospitalized in the NNRH, if u can't cope with the training, they send you out immediately and you return to your former unit,
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Papayaayasager(m): 11:51pm On Apr 17
Offpointng:

Training is totally different from real combat stop imagining they can combat when the need arises

Your silly self will not allow you see beyond the mirage pose for the camera this shot and hide over feed baby elephants are putting up

I've told you stop imagining things, wake up from that your illusion...dumbass lunatic
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by soccerlite: 12:04am On Apr 18
Insecurity still prevailing unabated
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Indifferent12: 7:22am On Apr 18
Offpointng:

Naval SBS hardly die. Ask ur rating friends
How many operations do they go on, never even heard about them till now, I doubt they operate in the Niger delta.
Even the us navy seal team do have causalities not to talk of sbs, guy make we hear word
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Indifferent12: 7:25am On Apr 18
Offpointng:

Air Force got SOF Panthers. The peace you experience in Kaduna these days can be attributed to them
Peace in kaduna, same kaduna that over one hundred chip were kidnapped last month
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Offpointng: 10:07am On Apr 18
Papayaayasager:

Training is totally different from real combat stop imagining they can combat when the need arises

Your silly self will not allow you see beyond the mirage pose for the camera this shot and hide over feed baby elephants are putting up

I've told you stop imagining things, wake up from that your illusion...dumbass lunatic

ok
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Offpointng: 10:17am On Apr 18
Indifferent12:

How many operations do they go on, never even heard about them till now, I doubt they operate in the Niger delta.
Even the us navy seal team do have causalities not to talk of sbs, guy make we hear word

Get to know the meaning of Hardly first. And besides, You're not to know or hear of their Ops and that's why they're SBS, Quick execution and ejection

You doubt they operate in the Niger Delta?? You might want to explain why Tom Polo went to hiding for Years after his second in command went down and din show up until recently.

It's funny how y'all underestimate your Country and Her Security structure but what I tell people of your likes is that since you feel Her security is weak, how bout you become a criminal, organise ur Group and start terrorising Nigeria and let's see how far you go. how bout that?
Re: Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) by Fujiyama: 2:44pm On Apr 18
thesicilian:
Always a beautiful sight to behold. Until they become tools in the hands of corrupt politicians.

^^^
grin

They aren't beauty contestants.

They are paid to fight and they simply aren't doing that.

If they were fighting the good fight instead of looking pretty for the cameras, this country wouldn't need 'private' contractors to guard pipelines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Ifeanyichukwu Ede, UNIPORT Graduate Who Drives Keke Napep For A Living / Github Fires Its Entire India Engineering Team, Over 140 Employees Hit / Ican November 2014 Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.