Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai (9445 Views)

Election Riggers Caught With Manipulated State's Electoral Papers In Niger State / Ekiti Assembly Amends State Electoral Law, 19 LCDAs Reflected / Why Are Governors Lazy? Onitsha Waterfront. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Racoon(m): 12:11pm On Apr 17
Immediate past governor of Kaduna State, Malam Nasir El-Rufai has described the various state electoral commissions as rigging tools of state governors. El-Rufai stated this on Monday in Maiduguri , in his lead paper presentation titled: “Capacity Building Workshop on Enhancing Skills of Government Officials In Policy Implementation and Productive Human Resources Management”.

He recalled the success recorded through electronic voting for local government areas elections he conducted during his tenure as governor, and narrated how a northwest state governor wanted to use his pattern, but after availing him of the technique used in conducting the elections, he went back to his state and wrote results of the local government elections he conducted instead of conducting it electronically.

The former governor of Kaduna State said he is in total support of abolishing state electoral commissions so that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) could handle all local government elections.

“While I was the Governor of Kaduna State, I introduced electronic voting and conducted local government elections with it. After the election, we lost about three to four local government areas to the opposition, because of the credibility of the election. And because we were transparent in the election, some of those opposition candidates decamped to our party because of our fairness in the election.

“I remember that one governor from the northwest who loved the conduct of the election through electronic voting asked me to assist him with the technology I used in the election.

But because it has the state logo, I told him that it would not cost more than 10,000 US dollars, so that he can get the equipment to conduct his state LGA election electronically. But after that conversation, I did not hear from him again, he went back home and conducted his election by writing the results as usual,” he said.

On the demolition exercise in Kaduna during his administration, El-Rufai said prior to assumption of office, the people knew who he was, and that he was very careful at ensuring that every demolition followed due process, hence there was no record of a court case after the exercise.

https://leadership.ng/state-electoral-commissions-are-governors-rigging-tool-el-rufai/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Justiceganduje: 12:13pm On Apr 17
Confession time. After rigging out Obi in the last presidential election, you are now singing like a canary. El Rufai should go and sit down.

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Racoon(m): 12:14pm On Apr 17
After rigging Uba Sani in Kaduna. After being instrumental in bastardizing the same system, then they become repentant and start claiming saints. Thunder fire you.

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by vowiski(m): 12:15pm On Apr 17
These people talk while we are all fools ..
Just imagine the crap coming out of a chief rigger

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Racoon(m): 12:16pm On Apr 17
"A northwest state governor wanted to use his pattern, but after availing him of the technique used in conducting the elections, he went back to his state and wrote results of the local government elections he conducted instead of conducting it electronically......."
So Malam don't deemed it patriotic enough to raise the alarm after a fellow governor subverted the democratic will and choice of his people? Rather he choose to maintain a conspiratorial silence and now claiming to be a saint? Chai! These so called leaders are really wicked.

20 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by richiemcgold: 12:20pm On Apr 17
I've been saying this for long that governors should not be allowed to organize local govt election. State electoral commissions will always be loyal to the particular governor/political party in power.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by TheBillyonaire: 12:21pm On Apr 17
He will make a nice Arewa President,

1 Like

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Blossomcresty(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17
There's nothing new here. Everyone knows how they play the game...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by GanagiBitrus: 12:26pm On Apr 17
God bless that Abia state INEC commissioner Lady that refused to be compromised in the last guber elections.
Abia people are now enjoying good governance under Otti.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Paraman: 12:32pm On Apr 17
Obi refused to hold a local government election in Anambra state for more than 7 years till he was compelled by the court to hold it

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Ibechris2: 12:56pm On Apr 17
Paraman:
Obi refused to hold a local government election in Anambra state for more than 7 years till he was compelled by the court to hold it

I didn't see where they mentioned Obi in this write up.

This madness must stop.

Can't u find another thing to write about and be useful for once.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by jaytimeo: 1:14pm On Apr 17
The whole system is rigged and new constitution by the indigenous people is what can help Nigeria to progress.
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Macphenson: 1:26pm On Apr 17
ojoo
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by slivertongue: 1:29pm On Apr 17
Elrufia wants to seen as a developmental democrat. Elrufia the eye service politician

5 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by slivertongue: 1:30pm On Apr 17
Paraman:

Obi the standard for developmental politics.

11 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Saturnalia(m): 1:48pm On Apr 17
Racoon:
After rigging Uba Sani in Kaduna. After being instrumental in bastardizing the same system, then they become repentant and start claiming saints. Thunder fire you.

I agree with you. I am just trying to wrap my head around what I just read up there, especially the way he used the word “FAIRNESS” in his sentence.

Coming from a fanatical Jihadist that has been killing Southern Kaduna Christians like chickens throughout his 8year tenure.

This Terrorist enabler and his stupid uncouth brainless deposed friend - Sanusi Lamido Sanusi were at the forefront of the subsidy-removal because they have stolen enough money from the Government to cushion its effects on their families & cronies and so do not know what the average citizens are going through.

Now, that the “Subsidy Removal Mantra” has backfired and the Government is now paying over 600Billion Naira for subsidy per month, these useless bastards have suddenly gone deaf & dumb, granting stupid interviews, trying to portray themselves as Angels - after wreaking the economy with their trial & error policies.

In 2018, This Terrorist Bastard - El-Rufai organized an “Eye Service” peace meeting with the King of Adara Kingdom in Southern Kaduna, and on his way back home, the King, his wife and driver were abducted by El-rufai's mercenaries known as Bandits.

The driver was allowed to go. The Bandits raped the King’s wife in his presence before letting her go, and after collecting a ransom of 10Million Naira - Th King was brutally murdered.

That wasn't enough.

On hearing about the killing of their King, the elders and people of Adara Kingdom staged a huge protest.

Yes, you guessed right!

And El-rufai had them all arrested & imprisoned for a year without facing trials.

Now, this is the same bastard talking about “FAIRNESS”.

You can just imagine.

22 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Iamanoited: 2:07pm On Apr 17
ALL THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATE GOVERNORS WILL NEVER BE LIKE ELRUFAI AND GANDUJE.
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Iamanoited: 2:15pm On Apr 17
NIGERIANS ARE NOW WOLVES AND WISER. ANY SILLY GOVERNOR FROM NOW ON WILL BE DELT WITH BY NIGERIANS.
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Iamanoited: 2:24pm On Apr 17
NIGERIANS ARE NOW WOLVES AND WISER. ANY SILLY GOVERNOR FROM NOW ON WILL BE DELT WITH BY NIGERIANS.

ONCE WE HAVE
INDIVIDUAL STATE ELECTORAL COMMISSION
STATE IGP
INDIVIDUAL STATE SUPREME COURT
ETCETERA ETCETERA LIKE WE HAVE IN THE US
NO SILLY GOVERNOR WILL PREVAIL AGAINST OUR HOPES AND ASPIRATIONS.
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Melagros(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17
COMRADES, just like the federal INEC is the rigging tool for Tinubu and the evil APC
May Mahmood Yakubu die en excruciating death

3 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by SeeWahala: 2:41pm On Apr 17
We all witnessed what rivers state INEC did for Wike and tilumbu cry

Human beings with one head on their shoulders using the entire state apparatus for their selfish gains embarassed

1 Like

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Prolificgiant(m): 3:10pm On Apr 17
It is very vision to the blind and audible to the deaf that they tools for malpractices,for your nysc deployment and reployment check my signature for my contact
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by nairalanda1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17
Even then, most Nigerians would vote for the big parties.

We love to talk about rigging, and am sure rigging happens (see rivers last election), but as for me, I stopped believing in rigging after the 2003 election when I discovered that people can complain about bad governance, and still vote the same party.

IN 2019, one corper was stationed in a state in the SW. IN the run up to the election, everyone complained about APC, and how useless it was. Come election, people voted for...APC. The corper was an electoral officer . He saw. And there was no party agent with money, no enticement, etc.

The thing is, Nigerians vote for certainty. I myself wish that Nigerians voted out PDP, LP, APC, NNPP in the last election, and voted for a smaller party. We even had a young man in one of the parties self. But anytime you tell Nigerians that, dem go cry 'who will we vote for' and still vote tinubu and atiku.

Most Nigerians complain about APC and Buhari, yet in the last election, the top two candidates were Atiku and TInubu who helped bring us APC and Buhari in 2015.

I don't believe in rigging. Nigerians don't want to vote for change because they fear change. That is why tinubu won. And that is why the other two top candidates were both representatives of the old order.

Senegal, that we admire...at least is learning not to fear change. But in a way, Senegal got lucky, no army coup, democracy was allowed to mature from the one man rule of Senghor to a very vibrant multiparty democracy. Nigerians just want chop money, not change.

3 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by SoNature(m): 3:21pm On Apr 17
El-Rufai conducted the best LGA election in the history of this country.
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Obainoman6: 3:21pm On Apr 17
Lol, says a man who stuffs our dollars in his babariga

1 Like

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by rinzaugustine: 3:22pm On Apr 17
That was the essence of coming up with the electoral act of 2023 , to eliminate things like this by electronic voting but Mahmoud and Tinubu conspired to ruin that hope in the system

1 Like

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Higherthan: 3:22pm On Apr 17
Paraman:
But obis father was dumped in the ocean and had stone hanged around his neck due to drug related issues grin

3 Likes

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:22pm On Apr 17
Shame to all riggers in our darling nation,
Including their supporters

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by xpressionx(m): 3:22pm On Apr 17
Quit whining like a kid sir, didn't you know these all these while?

Unam ikot
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by bigdammyj: 3:22pm On Apr 17
Noted.
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by BlueStripper: 3:24pm On Apr 17
And you just got to know about it? cool

Typical of a Nigerian Politician.

Midget
Re: State Electoral Commissions Are Governors’ Rigging Tool – El-rufai by Heavensent01(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17
vowiski:
These people talk while we are all fools ..
Just imagine the crap coming out of a chief rigger

Abeg attend English classes before you will
use English convict yourself

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DUTSE ...from Village To City / Senate Cancels Meeting With Oduah / Financial Crimes: Those Indicted Abroad Won’t Sneak To Nigeria – Immigration CG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.