Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices (14263 Views)

Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery / Commodity Prices To Rise In 2018; Oil Supply From Nigeria Could Be Volatile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by ussv: 6:18pm On Apr 17
Jestin:
Nigeria problems is relatively large. It is not just Tinubu that is the problem but you see those wholesalers and retailers re greedy bastards
True talk
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by ivandragon: 6:28pm On Apr 17
When some deluded and moronic apc minions where mumuishly supporting everything the government did, sane Nigerians were telling them that it was going to lead to a disaster further down the line.

They kept supporting policies even the government did not understand. They were just shouting 'Remove subsidy, float naira, remove that one, let prices determine themselves etc', just chanting noisy nonsense and supporting blindly.

Today, the government has gone back to its vomit and yet some clowns are trying to twist the narrative.

Anyway, BAT has started retracing his steps, so hopefully, the damaged he caused in less than a year might be repaired before end of this year.

Sane Nigerians will continue to push the government to do better and be alive to its responsibilities.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Azazyel: 6:32pm On Apr 17
DesignMaestro:
FG Vows Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices

The FCCPC expressed worry that despite the recent appreciation of the Naira, consumers continue to face escalating costs in the prices of goods.

By Kayode Oyero
Updated April 17, 2024

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/17/fg-vows-clampdown-on-cartels-traders-inflating-commodity-prices/

Good one. It should be quick

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by qtx(m): 6:35pm On Apr 17
slivertongue:
Absolute nonesense
Absolutely my broda. in short i call it, Executive Rabish. grin
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Offpoint1: 6:36pm On Apr 17
Jestin:
Nigeria problems is relatively large. It is not just Tinubu that is the problem but you see those wholesalers and retailers re greedy bastards
Those 2 A-holes are responsible for the high cost of goods in Nigeria. I saw Indomie package with N70 boldy written on it, can you imagine it's being sold at he cost of N250 in all shops I walked in? How can company price be N70 while the final price in shops is N250? what kind of madness is that?

1 Like

Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by UnabashedIPOB: 6:39pm On Apr 17
The government, through its agency, the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), expressed worry that despite the recent appreciation of the Naira against the dollar, consumers continue to face escalating costs without a corresponding decrease in prices of goods and commodities.

If this government is acting ignorant of NOT knowing why despite their false claim that the worthless Naira is gaining value against the $, then it's lying to itself. The truth is that the Naira gaining value against the dollar is temporary and would never lower the price of foodstuff. It is because NOT only is the government subsidizing the $, but it also has NO source of foreign exchange since the hopeless country produces nothing, hence nothing to export. And the moment the subsidy is withdrawn, the value of the worthless Naira against the $ would automatically go down. So, the government should tell the people the truth about its economic policies which are NOTHING but voodoo economics.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Rumundele(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17
How na you buy am for them? When you are supposed to do the right thing and price of comorbidities will drop naturally you failed to.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Ibechris2: 7:16pm On Apr 17
hslbroker2:
This Government is performing well

we are now selling iron rod 10mm, 12mm 16mm@N840, 000 per ton.

Plus transportation to any site both Lagos and Ogun State.

Payment on delivery.

I will buy mine when the price comes down further.

Check my signature for contact info.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Ibechris2: 7:17pm On Apr 17
hslbroker2:
This Government is performing well

we are now selling iron rod 10mm, 12mm 16mm@N840, 000 per ton.

Plus transportation to any site both Lagos and Ogun State.

Payment on delivery.

Check my signature for contact info.

Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by alfredfrddy(m): 7:19pm On Apr 17
What will happen to the increased school fees?
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Anonimoux: 7:20pm On Apr 17
So why can't they vow to reduce petroleum price to ₦200 / Litre. Nonxense
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by kiddkash(m): 7:27pm On Apr 17
Idun2024:
Hehehe

Igb0s won't like this because they enjoy the abnormal profits they are making at the moment.

We keep blaming the leaders but some of the led are worse
Spoken as an ofe mmanu that doesn't know anything about business. What happens to the goods people imported at a high rate when the dollar was 1800, how do they make back their money before they can adjust to current exchange rate, also always watching to know if it will rise again or steady at a given rate before prices of goods can be reduced
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by kiddkash(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17
alanto:
Obi people will start to collect... This is a good development.
Spoken as an ofe mmanu that doesn't know anything about business. What happens to the goods people imported at a high rate when the dollar was 1800, how do they make back their money before they can adjust to current exchange rate, also always watching to know if it will rise again or steady at a given rate before prices of goods can be reduced
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by kiddkash(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17
imoh4king:
Obedients should be held for hollistic price inflation in the Country. The progress of this Country isn't in their prayer point at all.

In your little brain, obidient are the ones who does buying and selling
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by kiddkash(m): 7:38pm On Apr 17
Philipgarza31:
All the govt need to do is clamp down on a number of ibos and i promise you the abnormal prices will go down. Ibos are angry their candidate lost and they are taking advantage of Nigerians to line their pockets against next election
Spoken like a child that doesn't know the difference between business and politics.
Politics, you will not like someone but business, you must like everyone, you can't dictate who will buy goods from you,

If someone comes to you and gives you good price, will you say you are not my tribesman so I can't sell it to you.

Why do you think many of your people are not in buying and selling in bulk. Your people don't know many intricacies in business
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by ekitimanalways(m): 7:39pm On Apr 17
PlasmaTV:
The FG are bloody clowns. [b]Inflation is 40% [/b]and instead of them to be contrite, they're still saying rubbish?

So it's our teeth we'll use to grow foods na. The north has been practically overrun with 1st class citizens - fulani herdsmen. Govt, from Buhari to Tinubu, are keeping quiet.

Fuel is expensive. Will they use wheelbarrow to transport the food to the markets?

Even to import na wahala. The customs are a bunch of fantastically corrupt entities. Fisayo Soyombo did a crusade against them for WEEKS and the entire Nigerian government and security officials turned a blind eye. Haaaa. That was the height of shamelessness and public disgrace.

This government is extremely silly, intellectually lazy and holistically dumb. I am tired.

Inflation is 33.20% not 40%.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Father4all: 8:26pm On Apr 17
Foolish Government, open the border
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:30pm On Apr 17
Jestin:
Na
Is easy
It is not the govt or the sellers
Or is you that Regus to go and produce
Must you buy food stuff
You no get hand to farm
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by hslbroker2(m): 8:35pm On Apr 17
Ibechris2:

our wishes is for the price to come down, it is good for the seller and the buyers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by OmoOshodi(m): 8:37pm On Apr 17
Heard a bag of rice is now 40k in badagry Lagos
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by PlasmaTV: 8:51pm On Apr 17
ekitimanalways:

Inflation is 33.20% not 40%.
On paper, 33%. In real life, some items have exceeded 150%. Btw, double digits inflation is shameful.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by okechuks22: 9:02pm On Apr 17
How are they going to do it or are they going to clap dawn on the traders that they gave money to start business u mother fuckers every where
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by okechuks22: 9:04pm On Apr 17
Jestin:
ur complete bastard talking nonsense because ur not a trader idiot do u know what the traders pass through
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:14pm On Apr 17
Hail-anus is buying things very cheap under his papa's canopy grin Evil country, with evil leaders and dangerous citizens..
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Minatouchiha(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17
Jestin:

Tinubu is the problem. Been a leader comes with alot of responsibilities. Therefore he's the problem. It goes beyond, grabbing and snatching it. Let him get up and enforce.
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Minatouchiha(m): 9:34pm On Apr 17
HisChild86:
What of those that stock when naira depreciated?

That's their problem. It's called bussiness. Y did they stock that much? Are u saying they didn't make monies along the way towards the rising dollar?
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by commoditiesnig: 10:27pm On Apr 17
Jestin:
Truely said
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by ufotunang: 11:16pm On Apr 17
The appreciation of the naira alone cannot reduce the price of foodstuffs goods... also reduce the price of fuel disel and the prices of foodstuffs and goods will reduce and come down .it's the high costs of transportating this foodstuffs and goods to the market that is increasing the price of foodstuffs and goods.. simple
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:18pm On Apr 17
Jughead29:
Come and start from Lokoja please... This place is a real hell

No, Ondo State... I just returned from there two days ago, and the price of foodstuffs is so high I wonder how they survive there
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by alphaNomega: 11:21pm On Apr 17
sylve11:
How Is the FG going to do this? cool

by vowing cheesy
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by alphaNomega: 11:22pm On Apr 17
Anonimoux:
So why can't they vow to reduce petroleum price to ₦200 / Litre. Nonxense

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Vows To Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices by Omalicious1: 11:31pm On Apr 17
DesignMaestro:
FG Vows Clampdown On Traders Inflating Commodity Prices

The FCCPC expressed worry that despite the recent appreciation of the Naira, consumers continue to face escalating costs in the prices of goods.

By Kayode Oyero
Updated April 17, 2024

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/17/fg-vows-clampdown-on-cartels-traders-inflating-commodity-prices/

They can't do anything...the only people that can check this effectively are the state and local governments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria, China Currency Swap Won’t Fix FX Demand Backlog-Businessday / What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? / Kiva: A Place To Borrow Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.