Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike (19473 Views)

Abuja Private School Owners Reject Wike’s Fee Hike / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Cultists In Polytechnic Ibadan: Students On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by nairalanda1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17
goshee:
Reward of voting cluelessness. He/She probably voted for Tinubu and buhari

Fees have always been going up.

My fees went up under Obasanjo. Was OBJ clueless. Fees also went up under GEJ too. Maybe GEJ was clueless.

This thing is bigger than TInubu and Obi. It is an ongoing discussion that Nigeria has been having for decades...since the great ASUU strike of 1992.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by CrossRhodes: 7:01pm On Apr 17
Subsidy has been removed.
Make Una go collect student loan

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by LordIsaac(m): 7:02pm On Apr 17
Given birth to children will be curtailed soon. You must be careful before bringing a child to the world!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Apr 17
God1000:
This is too much, many families cannot afford it, people are struggling to eat and our universities are busy increasing school fees
Isn't this to literally force them to sign up for student loan programs the Government has been pedaling? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by LordIsaac(m): 7:06pm On Apr 17
An end will soon come to folding a book in your back pocket. If you are a student, you must be a student!
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Apr 17
CrossRhodes:
Subsidy has been removed. Make Una go collect student loan
Na by fire by force at this point to get those loans!

But wait a minute, we heard that the Government still dey pay subsidies up till now. grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by ivandragon: 7:09pm On Apr 17
Lol.

Tertiary institutions want to 'cash out' with the students' loan scheme.

The higher the soon to be introduced tuition and other statutory fees, the more money to the institution.

But the government would also shock the institutions by giving 'IOUs' to institutions, and the institutions would not be able to send the students away or else the government would hammer the heads of institutions.

So in the end, the government is just going to be giving stipends to the students and then cash out in future by forcing the students to pay back both stipends AND schools fee that where never paid to public institutions in the first place.

You just have to give it to apc. When it comes to diabolical strategies, they are numero uno

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by chaseblack(m): 7:10pm On Apr 17
nairalanda1:

Fees have always been going up.

My fees went up under Obasanjo. Was OBJ clueless. Fees also went up under GEJ too. Maybe GEJ was clueless.

This thing is bigger than TInubu and Obi. It is an ongoing discussion that Nigeria has been having for decades...since the great ASUU strike of 1992.

People like you are evil. Did school fees increase at such rate unse these regimes you mentioned?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by FunnyDude(m): 7:11pm On Apr 17
Where is the job

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by CartelKenneth: 7:14pm On Apr 17
fnep2smooth:
They can apply for the student loan.... That what the president said we should do.

😂😂😂
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Benjamin4388(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17
Caspry5:
Its better to learn a digital skill or physical skillset with the money meant for your fees. I wish i did this 7 years ago. Regardless on this mandate we stand grin

which one did you do ?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Blackdisciple(m): 7:15pm On Apr 17
What a country we lived in, they deny you education by hiking fees....

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by CartelKenneth: 7:17pm On Apr 17
fnep2smooth:
They can apply for the student loan.... That what the president said we should do.

That’s what they voted for na
They voted for garri ,student loans, aghado and cassava
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Cmanforall: 7:17pm On Apr 17
Mystery2020:
Where were the stupid students when ASUU went on strike for better funding of Universities? They were all insulting lecturers. Thank God I have gotten my on degress. Enjoy your increment.

The fees is not high (less than $500) for a university degree

The government should provide effective (cheaper) alternatives for tertiary education that will also have equal job opportunities

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by ogawisdom(m): 7:17pm On Apr 17
Still very cheap below 500 USD as School fees in 2024 but you people will gladly go to UK and pay 20k USD per session.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by surgical: 7:24pm On Apr 17
ZombieTAMER:
undecided

Tinubu strikes again
it baffles me when his supporters will making noise about business people who are increasing prices despite dollar coming down, when the government they support refuse to lead by example by reducing prices of its own good like university fees and electricity tariff or is dollar not reducing for government also
The truth is thus government is heartless and wicked, it only cares about the elite, worse part of it is that the Downtrodden who are affected are sympathetic to a government who doesn't care about them this wants to burst my brain, because I can't just understand it

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by surgical: 7:25pm On Apr 17
CartelKenneth:

That’s what they voted for na
They voted for garri ,student loans, aghado and cassava
Do you know the agbado and cassava are not even readily available
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by jaxxy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 17
Schools can't increase fees overnight. it's ridiculous and not practical

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by EdiskyHarry: 7:26pm On Apr 17
As if education can add anything to your life in Nigeria.
I went to university of uyo to check on a friend, I saw how over 500 students were packed in one small hall with less than 100 sitting and others were standing to receive lecture, I was like "is learning even taking place in this kind of condition"?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Haaland21: 7:27pm On Apr 17
Orlu13:
Emilocorn on d beat...by the time opolo eyes is done with u guys, Yemen will be a child's play

from d stables of Unago C shege cheesy

Supporters of the agulu man would always show their bitterness. What brought emilokan here?

A typical LP supporters lack common sense.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by toujurs: 7:27pm On Apr 17
Coward, after voting because it's emi lo kan, now you are crying. Mtcheew nonsense
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Haaland21: 7:29pm On Apr 17
surgical:
Do you know the agbado and cassava are not even readily available

Perennial sore losers.....

Keep wailing......
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by FunnyDude(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17
ogawisdom:
Still very cheap below 500 USD as School fees in 2024 but you people will gladly go to UK and pay 20k USD per session.

$500 cheap in Nigeria?
Parents are earning and spending dollars in Nigeria?
Is Nigeria UK?
How much is the minimum wage?

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Haaland21: 7:30pm On Apr 17
toujurs:
Coward, after voting because it's emi lo kan, now you are crying. Mtcheew nonsense

Noise makers as if people from the sad east aren't students of UI.

Headless mob....
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by nairalanda1(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17
chaseblack:

People like you are evil. Did school fees increase at such rate unse these regimes you mentioned?

Oh yes.

By quite a lot.

By the way, you needn't be abusive. I didn't abuse you or call you evil. I didn't abuse anyone in making my point.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Caspry5: 7:33pm On Apr 17
Benjamin4388:

which one did you do ?

Went to school and acquired solid digital skills later..wish i didnt waste my money on school
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Kingrshd3: 7:34pm On Apr 17
enigma0:
The increment was way too much. Freshers don't pay up to 100k sef... e be things for this Tinubu regime shocked
a lot would have to forfeit admission if it isn't reversed, many go turn to cybercrime and other vices

It's not cheap either on other countries
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by PepeXKermit: 7:35pm On Apr 17
exact thing i said this morning. You guys should know where your problem is coming from. STUDENT LOANS WILL INCREASE SCHOOL FEES PRICES

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Kingrshd3: 7:35pm On Apr 17
FunnyDude:

$500 cheap in Nigeria?
Parents are earning and spending dollars in Nigeria?
Is Nigeria UK?
How much is the minimum wage?

Leave naija and go and school oversea na and tell us which on cheap pass

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by princedukee(m): 7:36pm On Apr 17
Reno is on Twitter barking like a dog on heat over the Naira appreciation whilst turning a blind eye on other challenges Nigerians are going through.

The reality here is that the students would be advised to apply for student loan.

So how sustainable would the loan scheme be considering that almost every student would be struggling to access it. As most of them are living in abject poverty.
Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Emu4life(m): 7:37pm On Apr 17
Mystery2020:
Where were the stupid students when ASUU went on strike for better funding of Universities? They were all insulting lecturers. Thank God I have gotten my on degress. Enjoy your increment.
I was actually surprised that Nigerians were supporting The Federal Government against ASUU. Like seriously??
Federal Government proposed a school fees of more than a Million naira to make Tertiary institution revenue generating agency but ASUU refused. Yet dumb Nigerian students and ill informed Parent were praising Government.

They never see anything. The School fees go begin contest with Private Unis.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike by Sapasenator: 7:40pm On Apr 17
Go learn a trade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Awa'aji Zanna Graduates With FIRST CLASS From Indian University / Nigerians Query 25-Year-Old Quota Policy In university Admissions / Degree For Sale: Lagos Assembly Invites Commissioner, LASU VC, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.