Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort (24224 Views)

Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road / Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway / LASTMA Officials Fixing Bad Portions Of A Road In Lagos (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ijeoma660(f): 6:02pm On Apr 17
Sand filling commences on portions of
Landmark Beach Resort

Sand filling is currently ongoing at some portions of Landmark Beach Resort, one of the businesses in Oniru issued a demolition notice due to encroachment on the right of way for the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway project.

Nairametrics obtained information about the sand filling at the popular beach resort through a video posted on Landmark Africa’s official X (formerly Twitter) handle on Wednesday.

The video shows earthmoving equipment filling parts of the beach. According to the video tweet posted around 9:30 am on Wednesday, the beachfront and the Hard Rock Café section of the resort have almost been completely sand-filled.

“Landmark Beach sand filling happening live this morning 17/04/2024. Beach front, Hard Rock Cafe/Breeze almost gone!,” the post on Landmark Africa X account read.

What you should know

Landmark Beach Resort is one of several business establishments in Oniru that received a demolition notice from the Lagos State Government because parts of the resort encroached on the right of way of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway.

In an effort to protect its business operations, the resort’s management initiated negotiations with both the federal and Lagos State governments to adjust the highway’s route, proposing that it be redirected along the undeveloped median of Water Corporation Road to avoid disrupting the resort’s business.

However, the Minister of Works, in an interview last Thursday on Channels Television, explained that the redesign of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway’s original route, which initially included Water Corporation Road but now incorporates the coastal path affecting establishments like Landmark Beach Resort, is necessary to avoid demolishing extensive infrastructure that is along the initially designed right of ways from many years ago.

Umahi stated that the property owners asked to relocate due to the reclamation of the right of way for the coastal highway project were informed about the alignment of the Lagos-Calabar Coastal road as far back as seven months ago.

The Works Minister also revealed that work on the coastal road had commenced and special accommodation was made for the area surrounding Landmark Beach Resort, giving these establishments additional time to vacate the premises.

Source: https://nairametrics.com/2024/04/17/sand-filling-commences-on-portions-of-landmark-beach-resort/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by spagettiluv: 6:44pm On Apr 17
See as them dey fill ocean

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by lordm(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17
What do I say
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by ngwaIgbo223: 6:44pm On Apr 17
Let southern Nigeria development happen without prejudice.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Kenochi(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17
I encourage everyone to watch this youtube video of Duru Bonu,I sincerely believe that video did justice to the Coastal Road topic
I really do feel for Landmark,it's one of those sacrifices that we make for a better Nigeria

I really believe that the Federal Government through the Ministry of works should publish in National dailies the routes of the Coastal Road or better still,put on their website the route from Lagos to Calabar
There are some people who are ignorant that the road will pass through their communities and it might cause problems later on
I have business around that Eleko axis and from the information available on different mediums,close to 600 houses might go down

I sincerely encourage everyoneto consult a Registered Surveyor before making any property transactions in Lagos,as I type this properties are being marked from Eleko to Ode Omi in Ogun State as the Alignment for the road continues.....

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17
grin
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by pretydiva(f): 6:45pm On Apr 17
Hope no effects tho
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Fadddd(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17
Win win for all.

3 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by holuwhagbenga(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17
🤣
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by LeeSmart: 6:45pm On Apr 17
Beach way suppose attract tourist come visit naija naim dis government wan scatter am do road.
Well i hope dem go complete dis road project wey dem start sha.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by arfe: 6:45pm On Apr 17
Good landmark remains
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by ggood: 6:46pm On Apr 17
Avenue to loot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by FreeStuffsNG: 6:46pm On Apr 17
arfe:
Good landmark remains
Landmark will need to eventually relocate. The beach is cut off. Dave Umahi said the beach belongs to FG and the construction design can not be changed.

The good news is that the main building is not likely to be demolished.
God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

96 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by clintino700(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17
A better solution than destruction of lives and properties and people source of lively hood.

2 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by CalabarPikin: 6:46pm On Apr 17
Make we no hear flooding later sha

Water fit turn enemy any time

2 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Tintinnoty(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17
This is a win win for Nigeria and Landmark

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by zudozz: 6:47pm On Apr 17
So which other correct beach dey on the island wey person fit visit wit family?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Unperturbedpota: 6:47pm On Apr 17
Good one ,umahi is working

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by sleeknaija(m): 6:48pm On Apr 17
Okay, noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Tintinnoty(m): 6:49pm On Apr 17
LeeSmart:
Beach way suppose attract tourist come visit naija naim dis government wan scatter am do road.

Do you know how important this road project is to the economic development of Nigeria as a whole?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by TheBillyonaire: 6:49pm On Apr 17
He needs to create artificial lake. A better business model.

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by arfe: 6:50pm On Apr 17
LeeSmart:
Do you know how much good that road will do?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Skyehigher1: 6:51pm On Apr 17
Good pace of work here
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by tollyboy5(m): 6:52pm On Apr 17
zudozz:
So which other correct beach dey on the island wey person fit visit wit family?
Go eleko beach lol grin

E be like sey I go enter this beach business o!

3 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by tollyboy5(m): 6:54pm On Apr 17
TheBillyonaire:
He needs to create artificial lake. A better business model.
Artificial lake is just like pool.
So make he create big swimming pool of different side.
Lagos state still have alot of beach where he can acquire and run beach resort.

7 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by dibunotion(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17
HighTech doing well. Them sha wan justify the money

3 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by ecomalchemistt(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17
Work must go ON.

Get the free report on buying and selling Gadgets from USA 🇺🇸 Right here in Nigeria 🇳🇬.

Check sig for contact details (whatsapp)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Raskimonojendor: 6:56pm On Apr 17
Project is moving on at great speed.
spagettiluv:
See as them dey fill ocean
It's the same group of company that constructed banana island. This is easy stuff for them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Caleb15(m): 6:56pm On Apr 17
Hold my shirt e get why
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ttipsy(f): 6:58pm On Apr 17
FreeStuffsNG:

Landmark will need to eventually relocate. The beach is cut off. Dave Umahi said the beach belongs to FG and the construction design can not be changed.

The good news is that the main building is not likely to be demolished.
God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!
what is the essence of landmark without the beach/water front?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out / Federal Fire Service Has An Important Message For All Nigerians / Nigerian Asylum Seeker Is Murdered In Italy Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.