Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort (24252 Views)

Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road / Construction Commences On Lagos - Calabar Coastal Highway / LASTMA Officials Fixing Bad Portions Of A Road In Lagos (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ejiakusmith(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17
Hope Government will grant them compensation

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Enddy50ty(m): 6:59pm On Apr 17
Hmm.. hope they have done water 💦 goddess appeasement..??
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by FreeStuffsNG: 7:01pm On Apr 17
Ttipsy:
what is the essence of landmark without the beach/water front?

Hmmm. He took a big risk. The beach was never sold to him by the authorities, according to the Minister, HE Dave Umahi. He will come out better and stronger after this. The coastal road will give access to other locations he could relocate to wink

2 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by ebufa: 7:03pm On Apr 17
FreeStuffsNG:

Landmark will need to eventually relocate. The beach is cut off. Dave Umahi said the beach belongs to FG and the construction design can not be changed.

The good news is that the main building is not likely to be demolished.
God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

Coastal road my foot..........where in the world do you build a gigantic 10 lane freeway 50 meters from the beach...............for 700 km !!! Anyway let us see how far they go after 1 year!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ttipsy(f): 7:05pm On Apr 17
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. He took a big risk. The beach was never sold to him by the authorities, according to the Minister, HE Dave Umahi. He will come out better and stronger after this. The coastal road will give access to other locations he could relocate to wink
This project is designed to serve as alternative routes to LEKKI EPE IBEJU from VI

Forget the tag Lagos -calabar coastal highway. According to Atiku, it’s a fraud
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by FreeStuffsNG: 7:07pm On Apr 17
ebufa:

Ttipsy:

Smh. Just Google coastal roads and read. One was recently completed in India. Enemies of Nigeria will always lose o.

2 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by CaptainFM1: 7:10pm On Apr 17
Ttipsy:

The beach belongs to FG. The beach can only be leased. Anyway, the main structure remains and the net advantage of having the coastal road far outweighs that of having beach front for a limited section and limited people.
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by theamazonguru(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17
arfe:
Good landmark remains
Lol. Baba read that thing well.
Las Las Landmark will have to go unfortunately.
They only give them enough time to relocate.
Relocate to where, that is a million dollar question.

This could be painful, but it is one of those very painful sacrifices that have to be made for development.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Blitzking: 7:15pm On Apr 17
MrProlific95:
This Landmark beach resort how manage did it cost up to that amount to erect
Me sef dey look am..200mill dollars..how much be the land first?
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by thelegend1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 17
MrProlific95:

If you're not into construction, you won't understand or believe.
Do you know some Foundations cost more than the superstructure?
Or should we go into Govt bureaucracy and bills before and during construction?

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by PepeXKermit: 7:19pm On Apr 17
Tintinnoty:

Do you know how important this road project is to the economic development of Nigeria as a whole?

Bullsheet. what form of revenue will this bring that Nigeria has not lost due to negligence of other infrastructures already. I think this is a bullsheet project. I can imagine oyibo filling up their beaches for road. omo the protest wey go happen eh. carbon footprint and carbon monooxide is too much in Lagos and the air from the ocean is what they are closing up again, watch heat promax load up in the coming years.
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by franchasofficia: 7:19pm On Apr 17
This coastal highway is just a white elephant project.

Tinubu thinks he is wiser than the rest of us, I laugh.

He is trying so hard to separate Southsouth from Southeast at all cost.

They want to have direct access to Southsouth oil resources without passing through River Niger Bridge so that if Southeast wants to go, they can say no problem we still have Southsouth and their crude to siphon.

He is using one stone to kill 2 birds.

First, Tinubu want to connect Lagos V.I to LEKKI EPE IBEJU, and then connect Southwest to Southsouth without having to pass through Southeast.

And now, they are demolishing an Igbo man's mega billions investment called "Landmark".

This is a lesson to all Igbos investing massively in Lagos, I think the time have come for us all to have a rethink and think home.

Honestly Igbos need to sit up, stop the massive investments in Lagos, Lagos under Tinubu's watch is gradually becoming hostile to Igbos and we need to realize this earlier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by PHAYOL81: 7:20pm On Apr 17
Urban regeneration is a priority we can't and mustn't jeopardized for personal, tribal or selfish interests. The entire coastal region will be a massive beneficiary of the project so it's very important that it is not slowed, stopped,or stifled (by poor funding)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by arfe: 7:21pm On Apr 17
theamazonguru:

Lol. Baba read that thing well.
Las Las Landmark will have to go unfortunately.
They only give them enough time to relocate.
Relocate to where, that is a million dollar question.

This could be painful, but it is one of those very painful sacrifices that have to be made for development.
The end result is the dividend. All will b well. Thanks for enlightening me sir 🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by franchasofficia: 7:22pm On Apr 17
PepeXKermit:

Bullsheet. what form of revenue will this bring that Nigeria has not lost due to negligence of other infrastructures already. I think this is a bullsheet project. I can imagine oyibo filling up their beaches for road. omo the protest wey go happen eh. carbon footprint and carbon monooxide is too much in Lagos and the air from the ocean is what they are closing up again, watch heat promax load up in the coming years.
Most Nigerians don't have sense.

Lagos will implode with time. It will do them like magic when nature calls.

They have been busy sand filling every coastal area in Lagos to sell and to erect buildings, now they are sand filling more to build road, time will teach them the sad lesson about life and why God designed things they way He did.
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Johnjustice: 7:22pm On Apr 17
MrProlific95:
They are estimating it's current value
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Artscollection: 7:22pm On Apr 17
ebufa:

Coastal road my foot..........where in the world do you build a gigantic 10 lane freeway 50 meters from the beach...............for 700 km !!! Anyway let us see how far they go after 1 year!

They just want to service their private business which are located in that axis which includes eco atlantic, that coastal road will end in Lagos, we understand their maniac game but what they don't understand is that power is transient. They can loose all these in future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by PepeXKermit: 7:27pm On Apr 17
franchasofficia:
Most Nigerians don't have sense.

Lagos will implode with time. It will do them like magic when nature calls.

They have been busy sand filling every coastal area in Lagos to sell and to erect buildings, now they are sand filling more to build road, time will teach them the sad lesson about life and why God designed things they way He did.

Lol. If you talk they will call you obedient. I think many nigerians have been too poor for long and have not seen how things work in other places. Even if they dont have money to travel to europe, travel to other parts of Africa, you will realize lagos and Nigeria is bullsheet. when they rated lagos as one of the worst cities to live in, people thought it was jealousy and hating and most of those people have never been to lagos, or they have never left Nigeria/Lagos. The first time i went to Abuja, was 2013, I could not believe that there was a state in Nigeria that has a semblance of sanity. I still say it, the whole of Nigeria should be what Abuja is and Abuja should be like Dubai.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Aphrygian(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17
You prolly failed geography in school,what the heck is connect south South without southeast?ondo-benin-warri is what? You would be in the heart of delta without even reaching the Niger river
franchasofficia:

They want to have direct access to Southsouth oil resources without passing through River Niger Bridge so that if Southeast wants to go, they can say no problem we still have Southsouth and their crude to siphon.

First, Tinubu want to connect Lagos V.I to LEKKI EPE IBEJU, and then connect Southwest to Southsouth without having to pass through Southeast.

And now, they are demolishing an Igbo man's mega billions investment called "Landmark".

This is a lesson to all Igbos investing massively in Lagos, I think the time have come for us all to have a rethink and think home.

Honestly Igbos need to sit up, stop the massive investments in Lagos, Lagos under Tinubu's watch is gradually becoming hostile to Igbos and we need to realize this earlier
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ttipsy(f): 7:35pm On Apr 17
CaptainFM1:

The beach belongs to FG. The beach can only be leased. Anyway, the main structure remains and the net advantage of having the coastal road far outweighs that of having beach front for a limited section and limited people.
so there won’t be anymore beach in Lagos state because the coastal highway will actually cut Lagos off the ocean shore

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17
No be say I dey do bad belle o, but is Landmark actually saying they own the beach or what? As in, a stupid state official gave them C of O for the beach? (Apologies for the choice of words)... I really don't get it

Even our neighbouring Benin Republic, no one owns the beach, you just walk down to the Beach and relax, but here, you go pay tollfee...
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by CaptainFM1: 7:43pm On Apr 17
Ttipsy:
so there won’t be anymore beach in Lagos state because the coastal highway will actually cut Lagos off the ocean shore

There will be beach. Not every stretch is banged on right on the coastal line. The allotments for the coastal road predates Landmark and many encroachers on that beach front.

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Ttipsy(f): 7:47pm On Apr 17
CaptainFM1:

There will be beach. Not every stretch is banged on right on the coastal line. The allotments for the coastal road predates Landmark and many encroachers on that beach front.
so why isn’t it possible for the stretch to be redesigned? I mean totally bypass landmass beach front?

Whatever suites them
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by CaptainFM1: 7:50pm On Apr 17
Ttipsy:
so why isn’t it possible for the stretch to be redesigned? I mean totally bypass landmass beach front?

Whatever suites them

A whole lot of factors to consider. I'm sure they are in talk. Whatever the conclusion will be for the greater good of everyone.

1 Like

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:51pm On Apr 17
Okay
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Elsueno: 7:53pm On Apr 17
Not defending anybody

But I think it's totally bunkers to ruined Ur cities beach fronts with ugly 10 lanes road, when U can use same beach to attract better tourism & enjoyment for ur people
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by ednut1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17
Na to build big swimming pool with artificial waves 🥲
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by KHRIZ565(m): 8:04pm On Apr 17
Why not do an over head bridge across the landmark beach ??
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Menclothing1: 8:29pm On Apr 17
Quality of jobs this company hi tech is doing in lagos now I know why David umahi and tinubu recommended it
See road in Epe international standard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by carzeem1: 8:37pm On Apr 17
franchasofficia:

What rubbish did you just type?
Who passes Niger bridge before accessing any state in South South? That logic is dumb. From Ondo to Benin to Warri to Port Harcourt and Yenagoa, where does south east or Niger bridge come in? Before regurgitating nonsense you hear, try do some little research. Google map should be on your phone.
The road is long overdue and a good project if followed thru and help decongest the only major route to southern Nigeria from Lagos. Good development sometimes comes with painful sacrifices

3 Likes

Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by dinkyicon: 8:44pm On Apr 17
Ttipsy:

you spoke my mind
Re: Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort by Kasamadupe1: 8:54pm On Apr 17
CalabarPikin:
Make we no hear flooding later sha

Water fit turn enemy any time

Obidient identified.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Commuters React To New BRT Fares / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! / Nigerians In Carribean Islands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.