Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture (1201 Views)

Jehovah Witness Cannot Interpret This Passage Of Scripture / "Is The Watchtower Organisation A Trustworthy Interpreter Of Scripture?" / Six Reasons You Should Accept Jesus As Lord And Saviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Ken4Christ: 11:36pm On Apr 18
MaxInDHouse:

Mumu!
Is it not after someone understands what you want to say that they can decide to become whatever you think they should become?
If they must become born again before they understand is that not self deceit?
Mystery and they must be born again before they can understand.
Funny Churchian! cheesy

But I just quoted a verse of scripture to buttress my point. It seems you really enjoy being an anti Christ.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00am On Apr 19
Ken4Christ:

But I just quoted a verse of scripture to buttress my point. It seems you really enjoy being an anti Christ.

You quoted OUT OF CONTEXT!

If your interpretation is not coherent with God's purpose then it simply means you quoted it without understanding it.

The natural man means the person who doesn't believe in the existence of invisible beings so when talking about God and angels it's beyond his comprehension. That's what the scriptures is saying there.
It couldn't have been that people will become born again before they can understand God's word that negates the scriptures that says it's after hearing that they develope faith! Romans 10:14

Of course you quote but what you quoted has no correlation with what you're saying if i become born again before talking to you then what is the essence of you explaining anything for me? Is it not the born again that the spirit of God teaches? John 16:12-13
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Aemmyjah(m): 5:19am On Apr 19
Ken4Christ:

If God works alone, why did he say in Genesis 1:26, 'Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness...'

Who is the us God was referring to?
Notice he said, 'in our own image'.

Two Apostles in the New Testament that unveiled the mystery of God's creation and let us know that Jesus was involved are John and Apostle Paul.

John said;

John 1:1-4
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

The Word is Jesus. And he said, all things were made by the Word who is Jesus.

Apostle Paul also said;

Colossians 1:15-19.
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. note

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

With this revelation, we can now understand why God said in Genesis 1:26, 'Let us make man in our own image''

The us is the God the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit.

Trinity has always been unveiled right from the very beginning.

Where's is the scriptural reference to show that the Us is referring to the Trinity
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Ken4Christ: 8:19am On Apr 19
Aemmyjah:

Where's is the scriptural reference to show that the Us is referring to the Trinity

Do you dig gold on the surface? The word of God is a treasure that you have to dig deep to unveil certain truths. The facts that every member of the Trinity was a part of creation is revealed in many passages of the scripture most of which are in the New Testament because Jesus the Truth came to tell us things that even the Prophets of old didn't know.

But in Genesis 1:2, the Spirit of God was revealed to be a part of creation.

God never spoke a word until his Spirit moved over the faces of the dark. He is the executioner.

A verse of scripture says;

Job 26:13 By his Spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Jesus was later revealed to also be a part of creation by Apostle John and Apostle Paul.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 11:59am On Apr 19
Ken4Christ:

Do you dig gold on the surface? The word of God is a treasure that you have to dig deep to unveil certain truths. The facts that every member of the Trinity was a part of creation is revealed in many passages of the scripture most of which are in the New Testament because Jesus the Truth came to tell us things that even the Prophets of old didn't know.

God never spoke a word until his Spirit moved over the faces of the dark. He is the executioner.

Job 26:13 By his Spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Jesus was later revealed to also be a part of creation by Apostle John and Apostle Paul.
So why is one referred to as 'father' and the other as son?
If the name of the son is Jesus, what is the name of the father?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

That was for the earthly mission.

Before then nothing like Father and Son and the reason while the Father commanded ALL ANGELS (INCLUDING MICHAEL) to worship the Son when He came to earth

The Son got the name Jesus for His earthly mission. He was not Jesus before coming to earth, even you believe he is Angel Michael.

The Father, the Son and Holy Spirit all have one name YAHWEH. Matt 28:19
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Aemmyjah(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19
Ken4Christ:

The Creation period was witnessed by how many beings?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:24pm On Apr 19
Aemmyjah:

Only God Himself!
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:29pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

That was for the earthly mission.

Before then nothing like Father and Son and the reason while the Father commanded ALL ANGELS (INCLUDING MICHAEL) to worship the Son when He came to earth

The Son got the name Jesus for His earthly mission. He was not Jesus before coming to earth, even you believe he is Angel Michael.

The Father, the Son and Holy Spirit all have one name YAHWEH. Matt 28:19
If the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is Yahweh, how do you explain psalm 110:1 below?

Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

If the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is Yahweh, how do you explain psalm 110:1 below?

No mention of Father in Psalm 110:1

So, Psalm 110:1 is talking about the mission of the Son after incarnation.

Now, can you explain the SINGULAR NAME Jesus meant in Matt 28:19?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:34pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

No mention of Father in Psalm 110:1

So, Psalm 110:1 is talking about the mission of the Son after incarnation.

Now, can you explain the SINGULAR NAME Jesus meant in Matt 28:19?
Where did you see son in Psalm 110:1 since you said there is no father there?
So who is the yahweh in psalm 110: 1?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:35pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

So who is the yahweh in psalm 110: 1

You have started.

Explain the SINGULAR NAME Jesus meant in Matt 28:19.

Or you didn't see that?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:37pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

You have started.

Explain the SINGULAR NAME Jesus meant in Matt 28:19.

Or you didn't see that?
Oga this question was not even for you...so you can simply slide if you can't answer who is the Yahweh in psalm 110:1.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:43pm On Apr 19
Michael547:
Oga this question was not even for you

It's now you know after you replied.

The person you quoted, was that post for you?

...so you can simply slide if you can't answer who is the Yahweh in psalm 110:1.

I've answered your question about Psalm 110:1

It's your duty to answer the question in my post before you proceed to your own question.

Late you'll be pretending you didn't see then claim I should go back to bring the question for you

That is how you always dodge question.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:46pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

It's now you know after you replied.

The person you quoted, was that post for you?

I've answered your question about Psalm 110:1

It's your duty to answer the question in my post before you proceed to your own question.

Late you'll be pretending you didn't see then claim I should go back to bring the question for you

That is how you always dodge question.
Oga post Matt 28:19 here and show me where you saw Yahweh as thw name of the father son and holy spirit.

You said Yahweh is the name for the three of them.
Oya who is the Yahweh in psalm 110 :1 that was talking na? If you can't answer that I am not responding to your post again.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

Oga post Matt 28:19 here and show me where you saw Yahweh as thw name of the father son and holy spirit.

I didn't say I saw YAHWEH in Matt 28:19

That was the reason I asked you my question.

So tell me that SINGULAR NAME Jesus meant in Matt 28:19.

You said Yahweh is the name for the three of them.

Yes!

Oya who is the Yahweh in psalm 110 :1 that was talking na?

The Sovereign God.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

Yes!

The Sovereign God.
Ok oga I don't know the singular name. Tell me.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Ken4Christ: 12:50pm On Apr 19
Aemmyjah:

It is not stated in the Bible. But certainly, angels witnessed the recreation process because the account of Genesis was actually a recreation process. Satan and his evil cohorts also witnessed it.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:50pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

Yes!

The Sovereign God.
If the sovereign God is Yahweh, who is the lord in psalm 110:1?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

If the sovereign God is Yahweh, who is the lord in psalm 110:1?

I've answered that before.

Why are you dodging my question?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

Ok oga I don't know the singular name. Tell me.

The singular name is Yahweh!
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Ken4Christ: 12:54pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

What do you want to do with the name of the Father?.Is his name your problem? Why not ask questions that will help you build up your spiritual life and secure your eternal destiny?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

The singular name is Yahweh!
So you believe that Jesus is not the Yahweh in Psalm in psalm 110:1?
Yes or no?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 12:58pm On Apr 19
Ken4Christ:

What do you want to do with the name of the Father?.Is his name your problem? Why not ask questions that will help you build up your spiritual life and secure your eternal destiny?
The father has no name right?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 12:59pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

So you believe that Jesus is not the Yahweh in Psalm in psalm 110:1?
Yes or no?

No!

So do you agree that the singular name Jesus talked about is Yahweh.

Yes or No!
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 1:02pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

No!
You are very funny.
You said the Yahweh in psalm 110:1 is the Sovereign God and the lord in that same verse is Jesus.

And you don't still agree that Jesus is not the Yahweh in psalm 110:1. Is that not funny?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 1:03pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

No!

So do you agree that the singular name Jesus talked about is Yahweh.

Yes or No!
Show me that the singular name in Matt 28:19 is Yahweh from the Bible and I will believe. Screenshot it here.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

You are very funny.
You said the Yahweh in psalm 110:1 is the Sovereign God and the lord in that same verse is Jesus.

Yes!

Jesus mission on earth don't forget that.

And you don't still agree that Jesus is not the Yahweh in psalm 110:1. Is that not funny?

Jesus is the Lord in that verse based of His mission on earth.

Do you then agree that the singular name Jesus meant in Matt 28:19 is Yahweh?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

Show me that the singular name in Matt 28:19 is Yahweh from the Bible and I will believe. Screenshot it here.

I've said the name didn't appear in Matt 28:19 but the fact is Jesus mentioned A SINGULAR NAME under which The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit belong and you said you don't know the NAME.

So from the Bible, which name do you think that will be since the Father was never specific called any name in the scripture?
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

Yes!

Jesus mission on earth don't forget that.

Jesus is the Lord in that verse based of His mission on earth.

Do you then agree that the singular name Jesus meant in Matt 28:19 is Yahweh?
So you are implying that Yahweh who is also Jesus was talking to the lord Jesus in that verse to sit at his right hand?
Oga you sef reason am na?

Show me Yahweh in Matt 28:19 and I will believe.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Michael547(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19
Emusan:

I've said the name didn't appear in Matt 28:19 but the fact is Jesus mentioned A SINGULAR NAME under which The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit belong and you said you don't know the NAME.

So from the Bible, which name do you think that will be since the Father was never specific called any name in the scripture?

The name of the Father is Yahweh.
Re: Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture by Emusan(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19
Michael547:

So you are implying that Yahweh who is also Jesus was talking to the lord Jesus in that verse to sit at his right hand?
Oga you sef reason am na?

Jesus isn't the ONLY ONE under Yahweh.

Do you understand that simple statement?

Both Adam and Eve were called MAN

And the word MAN was also used for ADAM ONLY.

Show me Yahweh in Matt 28:19 and I will believe.

That is why I asked you, what is that SINGULAR NAME?

At least you can't deny Jesus talked about SINGULAR NAME in Matt 28:19, can you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What If God Calls You? / The Explanatory Power Of Evolution Is Awesome: Creationism, Beat That! / Rccg Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.