Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

"Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande (13965 Views)

Laolu Osinbajo And Sekemioluwa's Traditional Wedding Photos / Osinbajo Never Prayed For Buhari To Die In RCCG - Laolu Akande To Festus Adebayo / Right Of Reply To Pendulum Open Letter To The Vp By Laolu Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Seun(m): 12:21am On Apr 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnB33y6mZLQ

And here is my take for the week entitled: "Who Will Tell the President?" - Mr Laolu Akande.

There are things that the public are interested in but seem not to be getting the due attention of the president. At least, there is no communication about these things. For instance, the restoration of the social investment programme. Over a month ago, it was announced that it will resume urgently, even as an emergency. It is now April, and this has not been restored.

Who will tell the president? Specifically, in February, the coordinating minister of the economy, Mr. Edun, said restarting the direct cash transfer was crucial to tackling food prices, especially elevated prices, and also, government's ability that it will help government's ability to provide purchasing power to at least 60 million people who are less well off. Has this been done?

Who will tell the president that the investigation of the suspended Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Beta Edu, is taking too long? How long will it take for a decision to be taken on the report of the EFCC, and how long will it take to have a substantive minister named back to that ministry, or has the president approved the idea to move some of the programmes to the Ministry of Finance?

Who will tell the president that the emergency economic intervention bill is still lying fallow on someone's desk somewhere? This is a bill that attempts to codify some of the tax reform proposals from the Presidential Tax Reform Committee alongside other urgent economic measures. When is that bill going to be sent to the National Assembly? Members of the National Assembly are saying that they've had no movement on this bill since November. Who will tell the president this?

Who will tell the president that now that the CBN is able to get the naira to some stability, it's time to tax luxury items that are being imported and cut off our heavy importation so that we can save the naira, so that we can spend less foreign exchange? India did a similar thing when Mahatma Gandhi said, and I quote, "If India cannot feed herself, let India starve. If India cannot clothe herself, let India go naked". It was at the time when India was facing such a crisis as we are facing now in Nigeria; tough times demand tough decisions.

Who will tell the president that instead of an investigation into an allegation of smuggling by known people that has been reported by journalists, especially the Foundation for Investigative Journalism, what we see is an attempt to criminalise journalism. Instead of our authorities to investigate such allegations that are already reported publicly, what we are being told is that there are petitions against the journalists.

Who will tell the president that the attempts to intimidate the press is not in Nigeria's best interests and that it creates a poor reflection on the president that we all know is a true democrat? If the smuggling allegations that Soyombo has reported are inaccurate and false, the government should tell us. Going after him and the board of FIJ is not the way to go.

Who will tell the president that all of these are happening under his watch and that it does have implications for his legacy? One day, four years, eight years maximum, he will be a former president. What is going to be said about attempts by people under him to intimidate journalists?

Who will tell the president that for months since Nigeria has withdrawn ambassadors from our embassies abroad, their replacements have not been announced? And now our embassies are operating below capacity without substantive envoys.

Who will tell the president that in diplomacy, in the world of diplomacy, the place of a properly accredited ambassador cannot be compared to anyone below him acting in that capacity? Who will tell the president that this is not in the best interest of Nigeria's foreign policy?

These are some of the issues that we hope that somebody who has the president's ear will bring to his attention. At the end of the day, it is about what the president does and what he does not do, and then I have my take for the week.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Ab0bii: 12:27am On Apr 18
Wike should tell the president

Mr president is a bad man with good intentions. Corrupt and bad aids are making the situation worse. So there is no one to tell the president

15 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Massiveglory: 12:27am On Apr 18
The propaganda and lying machines will soon arrive to tell you.

35 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Amotolongbo(f): 1:14am On Apr 18
Perhaps Laolu Akande is trying to ask who will remind the president, because the President is aware of all these he mentioned. It is up to the President to act if he is interested in doing so and knows what to do

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by LegendHero(m): 2:17am On Apr 18
He should send Prof. Osinbajo to tell the president.

We will appreciate that.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Ofunaofu: 2:55am On Apr 18
Seun:

And here is my take for the week entitled: "Who Will Tell the President?" - Mr Laolu Akande.

Who will tell the president that the attempts to intimidate the press is not in Nigeria's best interests and that it creates a poor reflection on the president that we all know is a true democrat? If the smuggling allegations that Soyombo has reported are inaccurate and false, the government should tell us. Going after him and the board of FIJ is not the way to go.

Laulu Akande, with all due respect, you are wrong about the bold 

Tinubu has never been, will never be, and can never be a true democrat.

A true democrat respects the sanctity of the people votes and, as such, will never engage in snatching, grabbing, or running away with the people's mandate.

A true democrat doesn't engage in criminal state capture or become a buccaneering power grabber.

A true democrat doesn't engage in the Emilokan thuggish, ethnic, tribal, and religiously divisive brand of politics Tinubu engages in.

A true democrat will never build a blueprint conduit pipe from the coffers of the Lagos State Treasury to his personal company, milking the entire common wealth of Lagosians for over two decades and counting.

A true democrat will never arrogate to himself and himself alone the power to appoint who becomes the governor of Lagos State. A true democrat will allow the people to choose who they want.

A true democrat doesn't engage in spreading lies, falsehoods, and propaganda. He doesn't use propaganda to govern

You don't just arrogate the name "true democrat" to yourself. Your actions and inactions will determine whether one is a true Democrat or not.

Tinubu and True Democrats are like two parallel lines, and like they say, two parallel lines don't meet.

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by NPFLADMIN(m): 3:01am On Apr 18
It's like the cabals want to make him like buhari who is unaware of everything.
I found sense in what Laolu said sha.

6 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by helinues: 5:33am On Apr 18
Toh
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by DeLaRue: 5:54am On Apr 18
The government has a lot on its plate, and it is addressing a multiplicity of complex issues.

Everything cannot be done at the same time. There has to be a scale of priorities.

The current priorities are the economy, tackling exchange rate irregularities, and security. On these, the government is doing a good job.

Why should the President be the one getting directly involved in what happens to àn investigative journal about an individual's alleged involvement in smuggling, afterall there are thousands of smugglers in the country. What's the job of the Police? If that fails, try the NSA.

As to the humanitarian ministry, given the monumental fraud that has gone on there since it was created, including when it was under the direct supervision of the former vice president, Mr Laolu's boss, the present government is right to take its time in reworking the program or even scrapping it.

Ambassadors? What ambassadors. Nigeria is missing nothing from not rushing their appointments. It's usually job for the boys anyway. A last hurrah for mostly retiring/retired people. Many of them add no tangible value.

Given Mr Laolu's role in the previous government, he and that government were hardly a beacon of effectiveness.

He is not in a position to lecture anybody.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by CodeTemplar: 6:03am On Apr 18
Seun:

helinues and freestuffng

1 Like

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by 9jaBloke: 6:08am On Apr 18
smiley
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Ofunaofu: 6:10am On Apr 18
DeLaRue:
The government has a lot on its plate, and is addressing a multiplicity of issues.

Everything cannot be done at the same time.

The first priority is the economy, tackling exchange rate irregularities, and security. On these, the government is doing a good job.

Why should the President be the one getting directly involved in what happens to àn investigative journal about an individual. What's the job of the Police? If that fails, try the NSA.

As to the humanitarian ministry, given the monumental fraud that has gone on there since it was created, including when it was under the direct supervision of the former vice president, Mr Laolu's boss, the present government is right to take its time in reworking the program or even scrapping it.

Ambassadors? What ambassadors. Nigeria is missing nothing from not rushing their appointments. It's usually job for the boys. Many of them add no tangible value.

Given Mr Laolu's role in the previous government, he and that government was hardly a beacon of effectiveness. He is not in a position to lecture anybody.

I agree that everything cannot be done at the same time, but in this case, nothing is being done.

It's been all motion without movement from day one.

4 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by ExAngel007(f): 6:13am On Apr 18
ok
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Houseontherock1: 6:14am On Apr 18
He knows all these things...he initiated some of them, but the question is: who will tell him that action should follow words? undecided

2 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by LagosFirstSon: 6:16am On Apr 18
Tinubu supporters with no brain will tag the OP "Omoale" now

When a Yoruba man speaks the truth, they tag him "Omo ale" or Igbo..

Shame on Tinubu and his supporters

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by DeLaRue: 6:24am On Apr 18
Ofunaofu:

I agree that everything cannot be done at the same time, but in this case, nothing is being done.

It's been all motion without movement from day one. 

That's clearly not correct.

Naira is on the up.
Insecurity is waning.
Prices of major goods are coming down - cement, diesel, iron rods etc
Student loan scheme on the way.
Federal road construction is at unprecedented levels.
Foreign investment is pouring into the country.
Federal revenue is at unprecedented levels - about 2 trillion shared with states last month.

Not bad for a government that is less than one year in office.

If they keep performing like this for another 3 years, I personally believe this will be the best government we have had in at least 50 years.

2 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Ofunaofu: 6:29am On Apr 18
DeLaRue:

Naira is on the up.
Insecurity is waning.
Federal revenue is at unprecedented levels - about 2 trillion shared with states last month.

If they keep performing like this for another 3 years, I personally believe this will be the best government we have had in at least 50 years.

All these things you listed and claim that the prices are coming down, how much were they as of May 29, 2023?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Sunmolar(m): 6:56am On Apr 18
Diplomacy that allows stolen funds to be stashed in abroad with collaborations of such countries. Diplomacy full of lies. We don't need to use our hard earned tax payers money to be relevant in another man's land.
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by jmoore(m): 7:00am On Apr 18
DeLaRue:

Naira is on the up.
Insecurity is waning.

Someone demolished a solid four story building, he built a bungalow on same spot and you are praising him. What a babablucious praise!
Compare the prices of those items on May 28 2023 and now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by jmoore(m): 7:02am On Apr 18
You cannot say anything to a Mannequin.
Seyi Tinubu is the one in charge.

1 Like

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:04am On Apr 18
Laolu Akande my man ... Anyone who's a protege of Yemi Osinbajo isn't a mediocre analyst and critic.

One of the greatest problems Nigeria has encountered with it's democratic presidents is that they're usually being surrounded and controlled by some cabals and a circle who keep them away from knowing what truly is going on out there.

Apart from Obasanjo, who was everywhere and knew everything as a President, subsequent presidents have been puppets in the hands of terrible kitchen cabinet!

Yar'adua after he became really ill, GEJ who was non-choleric, weak and mostly drunk, Buhari who was under the spell and control of the Abba Kyari led northern cabal and now Tinubu who is obviously not physically and mentally fit enough and has to depend on thieves like Gbajabiamila ...

We're a toast as a country!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Peakdesign23(m): 8:00am On Apr 18
We’re waiting for you chief.
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Provesto: 8:54am On Apr 18
cheesy
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Racoon(m): 9:05am On Apr 18
A government of criminals being led by a super criminal have no sense of rational reasoning but only to corrupt the system some more. This is why sleezy institutional corruption is the order of the day now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by nautybride: 9:37am On Apr 18
cry cry
Who will Bell the cat?

1 Like

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Goodlady(f): 9:38am On Apr 18
helinues:
Toh
Power supply has been the most miserable in years.
To slap you dey hungry me cos anytime I see you, it dey do me like say you carried wan olosho wey you nor pay and she come send me after you.
Naso the way wey APC play Nigeria so far. Promises but little results.
If they are sincere, from Buhari to Tinubu, he would v cut his own salary and earnings if he can't do those of governors, senators, and reps. Also, shebi na president dey appoint ministers, how much them they earn?
We v an unbalanced salary structure in Nigeria that needs regulation.
Na teachers dey suffer pass!
You can see their long necks especially private school teachers.
That's why public secondary school teachers do wuruwu works and little or no supervision cos there's little passion and little monitoring of their deeds. Let's not talk about other ministries or sectors.
You see as I dey look you so, it be like say make I say make dog chase you for dream.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Adammamon: 9:39am On Apr 18
Wailer

Ofunaofu:

Laulu Akande, with all due respect, you are wrong about the bold 

Tinubu has never been, will never be, and can never be a true democrat.

A true democrat respects the sanctity of the people votes and, as such, will never engage in snatching, grabbing, or running away with the people's mandate.

A true democrat doesn't engage in criminal state capture or become a buccaneering power grabber.

A true democrat doesn't engage in the Emilokan thuggish, ethnic, tribal, and religiously divisive brand of politics Tinubu engages in.

A true democrat will never build a blueprint conduit pipe from the coffers of the Lagos State Treasury to his personal company, milking the entire common wealth of Lagosians for over two decades and counting.

A true democrat will never arrogate to himself and himself alone the power to appoint who becomes the governor of Lagos State. A true democrat will allow the people to choose who they want.

A true democrat doesn't engage in spreading lies, falsehoods, and propaganda. He doesn't use propaganda to govern

You don't just arrogate the name "true democrat" to yourself. Your actions and inactions will determine whether one is a true Democrat or not.

Tinubu and True Democrats are like two parallel lines, and like they say, two parallel lines don't meet. 

1 Like

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by fatherjesse(m): 9:40am On Apr 18
N
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Dronedude(m): 9:41am On Apr 18
I will tell the President; na just transport money hold me.

To and fro from my location is 2 million and I will buy Okpa and coke on my was so make it at least 2.01 million Naira.

Your messages are good, I know baba will like it.

3 Likes

Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by Timoleon(m): 9:42am On Apr 18
Re: "Who Will Tell The President?" By Laolu Akande by TableLeg(m): 9:42am On Apr 18
Seun:

Laolu Akande onikuuuure!
When Buhari was ruining the country and running it aground, what did you do?
All of you are fu...cking basta....rds, APC is a cancer and you are one of the basta....rds who have ruined this country in tangible ways
Get lost!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan To Address The Nation Tomorrow By 7am. / EFCC Fails To Remit N1.9tr Recovered Loot / Buba Marwa Gives Them Bloody Nose - By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.