Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt (16120 Views)

Tunde Onakoya Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Chess Marathon / Guinness World Record: Davido, Sowore Turn Up To Support Chess Master, Onakoya / Profile Of Tunde Onakoya, Chess In Slums Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:56am On Apr 18
Tunde, correct guy!

You deserve your flowers bro.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by palsenator(m): 7:08am On Apr 18
cenaman:
He won't make it.

Why would you say that?? Simply because you have failed severally doesn't mean your mindset should be this shallow. You obviously want him to without uttering a simple word of encouragement.

Bad soul , bad energy , bad people ... I wonder the kind of people you have around you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by id4sho(m): 7:09am On Apr 18
Interesting , good luck bro
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Josephkabila12: 7:13am On Apr 18
Good luck Tunde Onakoya

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Homiesjinxbank: 7:15am On Apr 18
I wish I could PLay that chess of a thing
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Tayomi37(m): 7:18am On Apr 18
cenaman:
He won't make it.

Have ever venture into anything tangible in your life?. If not just keep quiet.
Life is all about making an attempt. If you don't fail, you won't fly.

Common ordinary LUDO you can't play for 2 hours and you open your mouth to say a chess master will fail.

Do you think he just started today?. Low esteem and shallow mindset human being

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by superCleanworks(m): 7:19am On Apr 18
kennyz247:
Record with no sense in it..
keep displaying it. it is showing.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Hanndye: 7:19am On Apr 18
atobs4real:
Omoluabi at it again.
Congratulations to u bro
Omoluabis created the game in the first place, abi?
Wishing him the best of luck.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by yewit37486: 7:22am On Apr 18
I love how this guy represents Nigeria positively, even in his dressing, very authentic guy. Tunde, we are all rooting for you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Tayomi37(m): 7:25am On Apr 18
kennyz247:
Record with no sense in it..

Why is it that some Nigerians are so shallow minded?. Some things is not about money but honour and writing their names in gold.

Many Inventors did not make money from their invention but today we talk about them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Cmanforall: 7:28am On Apr 18
Lanrelagboi:
Link to stream live and support: tiltify.com/+tunde-onakoya…

He will need good food and drinks.

Are his opponents randomly selected or passers-by?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:28am On Apr 18
Azazyel:

Cos he is not an Igbo man abi. Well done!
Do you play chess? If he is playing against prearranged opponents then it’s possible..but if he played against anyone rated over 1900 he might lose…and how many boards will he be playing on at any given time? These are valid questions to ask for a simultaneous exhibition in a chess record…

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Tayomi37(m): 7:29am On Apr 18
I'm so pained to see that some Nigerians are so negatively minded.

The guy is trying to play so as to raise fund for less educated children across Africa due to his background and past experience(CHESS IN THE SLUM) and some who can't buy ordinary pencil for their own children are saying he won't make it and it doesn't make sense.

How do we get to this level?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Cmanforall: 7:29am On Apr 18
Glimpsetv:
Best of lucks to him. The guy is good, he played with multitple people at the same time in Germany and won them all.

He's good.

But what are these people's ratings?

It will be difficult to play multiple grandmasters or IM and win all

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:30am On Apr 18
Cmanforall:

His opponents are likely prearranged because a random passersby with close to IM or Fide master level strength can easily crash the record before it even starts.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Cmanforall: 7:31am On Apr 18
AkpaMgbor:

His opponents are likely prearranged because a random passersby with close to IM or Fide master level strength can easily crash the record before it even starts.

My thoughts
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:31am On Apr 18
Cmanforall:

He's good.

But what are these people's ratings?

It will be difficult to play multiple grandmasters and win all
lol definitely won’t be paying GMs or even IMs. Even FMs will be a tall order.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by RickyJesus: 7:34am On Apr 18
Cmanforall:

I think it they should be passers-by to make it more challenging, but clearly he is attempting the impossible.

The location has the possibility of meeting someone that is very very good, wish him all the best.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Cmanforall: 7:36am On Apr 18
AkpaMgbor:

Okay

Imagine Fausti Oro passing by and trying him out

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:52am On Apr 18
Cmanforall:

Okay

Imagine Fausti Oro passing by and trying him out
Fausti wey beat magnus for blitz lol. Even kids of 10 years these days are of grandmaster strength, that’s why I said his opponents were likely prearranged.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:54am On Apr 18
RickyJesus:

I think it they should be passers-by to make it more challenging, but clearly he is attempting the impossible.

The location has the possibility of meeting someone that is very very good, wish him all the best.
No..a random passerby might be international master strength and I’m sure there are quite a good number in New York. Tunde isn’t even in the top 20 in Naija so that will be a huge risk to the record.
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by olisaEze(m): 7:54am On Apr 18
Well, here we go again. GWR servers are about to suffer another assault from Nigerians that will immediately start attempting to break the record as soon as he wins. T-Man, I’m rooting for you! cool

#ChessMarathonForChange

Homiesjinxbank:
I wish I could PLay that chess of a thing

Did someone tell you that you cannot learn it, when you literally have the internet at your finger tips? I recommend you pick up this book, Kasparov teaches chess, by Garry Kasparov. If it doesn’t kindle your interest, it’ll at least teach you some moves you can use to impress your friends.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by RickyJesus: 7:55am On Apr 18
AkpaMgbor:

No..a random passerby might be international master strength and I’m sure there are quite a good number in New York. Tunde isn’t even in the top 20 in Naija so that will be a huge risk to the record.
My point exactly, do you think they are pre_selected?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by PNomsule: 7:55am On Apr 18
Glimpsetv:
Best of lucks to him. The guy is good, he played with multitple people at the same time in Germany and won them all.

Evidence here: https://www.nairaland.com/8034154/meet-tunde-onakoya-nigerian-chess
Dey play
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by kennyz247(m): 7:57am On Apr 18
Tayomi37:

Why is it that some Nigerians are so shallow minded?. Some things is not about money but honour and writing their names in gold.

Many Inventors did not make money from their invention but today we talk about them.
My opinion not urs

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by jaxxy(m): 8:03am On Apr 18
Best luck
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by bdon123(m): 8:05am On Apr 18
Proud of this guy

1 Like

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by ThothHermes: 8:20am On Apr 18
Will he be playing only those he's better than?
What if he encounters a better player?
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by MinahTee(f): 8:20am On Apr 18
cenaman:
He won't make it.

Bad belle

Nah why you no dey hear good things for life 🤮🤮🤮

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Tayomi37(m): 8:24am On Apr 18
kennyz247:

My opinion not urs

Then keep your opinion to yourself and not on the public domain. This is why Whites see we black as fools, instead of us cheering the guy to success you are discouraging him, put yourself in his shoe trying to attend a feat and somebody is talking you down.
How will you feel?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by Caleb15(m): 8:25am On Apr 18
Cheryph200:
He don get money nah ..make I sit down for one place for two hours nah problem

Alot of peeps no go understand this post
Re: Tunde Onakoya Begins His 58-Hour Guinness World Record Attempt by drimzsmoke(m): 8:27am On Apr 18
cenaman:
He won't make it.

Don't forget, we rise by lifting others!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria U-15 Wins Silver At African Youth Games, Loses 3-1 To Morocco In Final / Switzerland Vs Cameroon: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 24th Nov 2022 / FIFA Bans Oden Charles, Tanzanian Referee For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.