Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife (30510 Views)

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / Man Complains After Buying Rotten Yam In Lagos (Photo) / What Could Be The Cause Of These Rotten Eggs, Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by LucemFerre: 3:59pm On Apr 18
Why e be say just because na white man una believe say him dey educated. Those people dull well well. Una dey expect too much from am

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Ijaya123: 4:00pm On Apr 18
The lousy smell of the fufu is a big turn off for me.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by OlujobaSamuel: 4:01pm On Apr 18
Hope he doesn't take alcohol gotten from fermented cassava, either in medications or wine?
I wonder how some view every *white* dude as some intelligent being

2 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Juoflife1(f): 4:07pm On Apr 18
This man that can complain. And he eats the food after complaining..mtcheeew
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by zoghys: 4:07pm On Apr 18
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
What's rotten there? Thank God say our belle no be show-glass...

Lol, we for don see something. grin grin grin grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Bluntemperor: 4:13pm On Apr 18
brain54:
Is this the first time he is hearing of food fermentation...
How is cheese made?
Because it's Africa now it's primitive and rotten!

Since the husband is curious,there is no crime, afterall,the Fufu is still going through real fire( baked) before it's finished and wrapped!
Any questions is welcome!
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by uvie66: 4:19pm On Apr 18
brain54:

How is cheese made?

.... the thing weak me, how them dey make there cheddar

2 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by GanagiBitrus: 4:21pm On Apr 18
BRATISLAVA:

Doesn't smell like hell, does it?
It doesn't, to those who consider it a delicacy.
One man's meat is another's poison.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Illegal1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 18
Sonnobax15:
cheesy What's rotten there? Thank God say our belle no be show-glass...
omoh.........i swear bro
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Abbeyme: 4:26pm On Apr 18
brain54:

How is cheese made?

The fact is that 90% of Briton have no idea that cheese and many carbohydrates and proteineous food products would be fermented before they get to the supermarket shelf.

3 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Shikena(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18
Illiterate. It was fermented, not rotten. Same as yoghurt, kefir, sauerkraut etc that your people rave about grin

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by VaginaAcademic: 4:27pm On Apr 18
He is ignorant fermented cassava but he drinks fermented wine etc

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 4:30pm On Apr 18
GanagiBitrus:

But everyone knows it's smelly.

It's like durian. Just because some people like it doesn't mean it doesn't stink. It does.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Shikena(m): 4:30pm On Apr 18
Abeg let's respect our akpu. If someone wan murder you with the smell, let them add oha with okporoko. Lethal cheesy

Ijaya123:
The lousy smell of the fufu is a big turn off for me.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 4:31pm On Apr 18
Shikena:
Illiterate. It was fermented, not rotten. Same as yoghurt, kefir, sauerkraut etc that your people rave about grin

But they don't smell like hell, do they?
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by CrossRhodes: 4:31pm On Apr 18
Hunger never hol am well grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Shikena(m): 4:34pm On Apr 18
They do.

BRATISLAVA:

But they don't smell like hell, do they?

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Abuja91(m): 4:36pm On Apr 18
When I was working with some Chinese people few years back. They celebrated birthday for one of there member. They shared there food to everybody. The smell of their bread made me to vomit for a whole one week.

2 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 4:39pm On Apr 18
Shikena:
They do.

When there's smelly yogurt and wine in the shops, let us know.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Mavor: 4:42pm On Apr 18
Fufu stinks. Even I hate it. If it is not semo or wheat, then forget.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Psoul(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18
GistMedia0:
In a viral video circulating on social media, a cultural exchange turned into a moment of astonishment as a white man questioned his Nigerian wife about the process of making fufu, a traditional West African staple dish.

The video, which has sparked both amusement and debate online, captures the husband's candid reaction as his wife demonstrates the intricate steps involved in preparing fufu, a dish made from fermented cassava.

"So you eat rotten cassava?" the husband incredulously asks, his tone a mixture of surprise and skepticism. shocked

The wife, unperturbed by her husband's reaction, patiently explains the fermentation process that gives cassava its distinct flavor and texture in fufu-making, emphasizing its significance in Nigerian cuisine and culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COBFPIHQ5A

He's uneducated local white man.
He doesn't know about food processing.
He has not heard of fermentation before.

Yoghurts go through fermentation
Alcoholic drinks go through fermentation
Cheese
So many healthy food they take go through fermentation.

"He's is not inform to"

2 Likes

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18
I like fufu but the smell no be here grin
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Shikena(m): 4:50pm On Apr 18
When you finally figure out that products of fermentation are not limited to yogurt and wine, let us know.

BRATISLAVA:

When there's smelly yogurt and wine in the shops, let us know.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by CaptainGo: 4:51pm On Apr 18
brain54:

How is cheese made?

And somehow, you assume the man knows how cheese is made? undecided

Most people have no idea how the food they eat is processed.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by akyus(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18
He did not know the difference between rot and fermentation
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 4:52pm On Apr 18
Shikena:
When you finally figure out that products of fermentation are not limited to yogurt and wine, let us know.

The question was and still remains: but they didn't smell like hell, do they?

Your answering it honestly would cause all the icebergs to melt.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by Shikena(m): 4:57pm On Apr 18
We have to clearly define "they" first, with no ambiguity, before the icebergs can melt cool .

BRATISLAVA:

The question was and still remains: but they didn't smell like hell, do they?

Your answering it honestly would cause all the icebergs to melt.

1 Like

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by pacespot(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18
Since I saw one Chinese lady's video making fufu just by grinding a raw cassava in a grinder and immediately turning it into a pot on fire and stirring it into fufu without any fermentation done, I knew this process of fermentation of cassava into fufu will not be so welcome to outsiders.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by ScarletBrace(m): 5:25pm On Apr 18
Thundafireseun:

Truth be told jare …

Fufu smells so badly….

My kid bro who got married to an Igbo girl from IMO state since 2012 doesn’t eat Fufu just because of the awful smell

There’s a way it can be reduced.
But for me I love it smelling like proteinous fart mixed with the smell of firewood.
Then I balance it with thick, bitter leaf-egusi soup with goat meat.

Africa is richer than every other continent.
Only thing is We just love titles and abuse power, that’s our stupidity.
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by BRATISLAVA: 5:31pm On Apr 18
Shikena:
We have to clearly define "they" first, with no ambiguity, before the icebergs can melt cool .

K
Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by ScarletBrace(m): 5:38pm On Apr 18
GanagiBitrus:

It’s Because of arguments like this, 69 was created to create a balance of views.

grin

Re: “So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife by tctrills: 6:00pm On Apr 18
brain54:

How is cheese made?

Why do you guys get angry whenever innocent questions about your culture are asked?
This is just a harmless question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Pass This Food Safety Quiz? (Photos) / Efirin/scented Leaf Soup / A Post For Nigerians Who Love Food, By Nigerians Who Love Food(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.