Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam (43506 Views)

“So You Eat Rotten Cassava?” - White Man Asks His Nigerian Wife / See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / Lady Wins Pounded Yam Eating Competition In Ekiti (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by DyshApp: 1:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
In a recent video that as gone viral, a caucasian man expressed his displeasure as he was served pounded yam and vegetable soup with goat meat by his Nigerian wife.

The incident, which took place in their home, has sparked a debate about food preferences and cultural differences online.

The Caucasian man had a look of utter disgust when his Nigerian wife gave him pounded yam and vegetable soup with goat meat.The man said the pounded yam looked like “play dough” and when his wife told him what it was, he refused to eat it .
“What even is this mess?” he asked.

“Poundo,” his wife replied.

“I think I'll pass,” the man said, refusing the local Nigerian delicacy.

His wife then suggested he goes to his mother's house if he would not eat in their house and he replied: “At least she cooks good food.”

He added that he would rather eat leftover potatoes from the day before than eat the pounded yam and soup.His wife reminded him that she eats his “stupid salad” and he replied, “You didn't have to.. And I choose not to eat your food.”

He then asked, “Is this what was smelling up the whole kitchen all day?”

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0MaMpHt9sT/?igshid=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Bluezy13(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
Must you force your food down someone's throat??

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Shalommy(f): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
See better food wey albino dey talk shit.undecided Chaii...

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Zonefree(m): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Why's the vegetable soup so dark

His wife reminded him that she eats his “stupid salad” and he replied, “You didn't have to.. And I choose not to eat your food.”

Typical Nigerian girl!

She don go carry her emotional manipulation go meet oyibo man. I'm glad the oyibo man dropped her in her place.

Her long throat will never stop her from eating his "stupid salad".

113 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by YouandiAllofus: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2023
It's the baby in the picture for me. The kid be like: dad leave me alone make I down this food. As the papa hold am tight grin tongue

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Geminita1(f): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2023
Shalommy:
albino? You wish grin When na only charcoal men your hand fit reach why you no go talk trash about premium men. The phone you are using was made by an "albino" man. Tell your charcoal men to make your own phone for you if dem reach. grin cheesy

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by TANID(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Shalommy:
Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by BOSSkesh(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Marry your culture simple

4 Likes

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Shalommy(f): 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Geminita1:
albino? You wish grin When na only charcoal men your hand fit reach why you no go talk trash about premium men. The phone you are using was made by an "albino" man. Tell your charcoal men to make your own phone for you if dem reach. grin cheesy
See one of them ALBINO. tongue tongue

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Naybahood(m): 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
Forget the vegetable.

Wetin be all those ancestors wey dey back ??

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Kobicove(m): 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
Must you people bring everything about your family to social media? undecided

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Magnoliaa(f): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Aside this being a stxpid skit to bring online, watch how the misogyny-infested-brained niggas will rush here disgracing their mothers and sisters...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Abolodje: 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
Yeah definitely a skit or just some silly clout chasing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by 1Sharon(f): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Iamicekid(m): 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
This wife is just looking for a way for them to trend, so unna don marry for years with 2 kids and na now u just woke up to cook 9ja food for him, this lies unna dey cook no sweet

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by missjekyll: 2:09am On Nov 30, 2023
This one too follow for marriage

1 Like

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by advanceDNA: 3:51am On Nov 30, 2023
The background though..... Looks like a mini shrine

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Kingluqman(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2023
You too, you no ask am before you cook am? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2023
Give am bread and hotdog chop 7days a week while you enjoy your pounded yam. No time to waste. Make him a microwave noodle osiso.

Onyibo get food!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by illicit(m): 8:42am On Nov 30, 2023
Nice one

Everyone has a choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Rexymania(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2023
😆😆😆 this guy called pounder yam "mess"

Ignorance is a deceases
Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Rexymania(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2023
😆😆😆 this guy called pounder yam "mess"

Ignorance is a disease
Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2023
DyshApp:
In a recent video that as gone viral, a caucasian man expressed his displeasure as he was served pounded yam and vegetable soup with goat meat by his Nigerian wife.

The incident, which took place in their home, has sparked a debate about food preferences and cultural differences online.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0MaMpHt9sT/?igshid=NTYzOWQzNmJjMA==

The Caucasian man had a look of utter disgust when his Nigerian wife gave him pounded yam and vegetable soup with goat meat.The man said the pounded yam looked like “play dough” and when his wife told him what it was, he refused to eat it .
“What even is this mess?” he asked.

“Poundo,” his wife replied.

“I think I'll pass,” the man said, refusing the local Nigerian delicacy.

His wife then suggested he goes to his mother's house if he would not eat in their house and he replied: “At least she cooks good food.”

He added that he would rather eat leftover potatoes from the day before than eat the pounded yam and soup.His wife reminded him that she eats his “stupid salad” and he replied, “You didn't have to.. And I choose not to eat your food.”

He then asked, “Is this what was smelling up the whole kitchen all day?”

Follow up with more Relationship Gist on Dyshus webpage(link in bio)
Na paper marriage be this fa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Jewessgratitud3: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2023
The way the guy was even talking was rude.
The woman was like but the other day I ate your food even though I didn't like it and he Said, you didn't have to if you didn't want to.. ... Really? So what now happens to going out of our way to please the one we love? Where's the love and sacrifice we profess in marriage?

If na me, na that day we go ban oyinbo food for that house. Let's be eating what we both can tolerate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Chigozie321: 11:08am On Nov 30, 2023
Our precious pounded yam is a mess? Make dem nack the Oyinbo 2 by 2.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by FuckingMachine: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2023
It's a known fact worldwide that Nigerian women can't cook.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by GloriousGbola: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Content generated.
End of story.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by BluntCrazeMan: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2023
That's what you get when you go for varieties and diversities in your choices of partners...

Adapt abbegg.

With time,, you can introduce this dish back.

But you have to start with the best dishes..
The visually attractive dishes first..

And then, back to this type.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by nstore: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by finallybusy: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
Internet skit. Mscheew. Waste of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Never4getU: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
Bluezy13:

Must she marry someone that can't appreciate her heritage and culture? The oyinbo should have learnt to eat the food long before now not after u married

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam by Sleekfingers: 11:12am On Nov 30, 2023
Bluezy13:

I tire o.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Civet Killed In FUTA (Federal University Of Technology, Akure) / Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.