Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? (228 Views)

How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by Mummyfour(f): 6:02pm On Apr 19
What exactly is the reason for this abysmal power supply we are experiencing in Nigeria?.
What exactly is happening?
Why are Nigerians not crying out?.
1 hour or less of power supply in 24 hours ?
From Lagos to Abuja to Owerri, umuahia, Ibadan and infact every where
It's affecting households, small businesses and even large businesses that have to depend on the expensive diesel and fuel to operate their generators.
What exactly is going on?.
We have never had it this bad.
Is it every day that the power grid falls like they want us to believe?
Is our power grid standing on bamboo sticks
I feel so pained that there's really nothing the ordinary man is benefitting from being a Nigerian.

How is the light situation in your area and do you think we should keep quiet about it and leave it for God as usual?

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by shortgun(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19
The answer is simple, it's leadership failure. This administration is the worst in the history of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by Cineinfo(m): 6:16pm On Apr 19
It's same here. One hour light in 24 hours. No one knows what's going on.

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by GreatAchiever1: 6:26pm On Apr 19
In my area, we experience light only at night and it isn't everyday it occurs. If you happen to be at home during the day, just forget about anything called light.

3 Likes

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by WhiteIverson: 6:36pm On Apr 19
The government has told the Discos to ensure Band A users get 20 hours of light daily. What this means is that any electricity generated is first distributed to the Band A users, then whatever is left is shared among the lower bands.
So your 1 hour of light daily is what your Disco can afford to give you after supplying Band A.
It can only get better if electricity generation improves.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by yemmit90: 8:09pm On Apr 19
WhiteIverson:
The government has told the Discos to ensure Band A users get 20 hours of light daily. What this means is that any electricity generated is first distributed to the Band A users, then whatever is left is shared among the lower bands.
So your 1 hour of light daily is what your Disco can afford to give you after supplying Band A.

That is not the reason for the currrent darkness we are facing, band A has been in existence long before this useless government came into power, and nobody ever felt the effect of constant supply to this band. Infact, some band A areas get 24hrs light most days of the week.

The major problem is gas supply and faulty equipments that this unfortunate government and its fat minister has absolute no solution to since mid- January.

2 Likes

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by tanigororo: 9:11pm On Apr 19
WhiteIverson:
Band A people self no get light

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by Sonnobax15(m): 10:00pm On Apr 19
lipsrsealed
Already told my landlady to disconnect my light....Cuz I can't be paying for darkness and the same time be spending over #1500 every god-damned week on pay-charge stores where I go to charge my phones.......

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by dododawa1: 10:17pm On Apr 19
Den of DARKNESS

IKOTUN IJEGUN ABARANJE and ISHERI OSUN
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by dayleke: 7:29am On Apr 20
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Already told my landlady to disconnect my light....Cuz I can't be paying for darkness and the same time be spending over #1500 every god-damned week on pay-charge stores where I go to charge my phones.......

As much as I don't wanna laugh on the situation on ground, you are too funny sir.
What do you mean by "Paying for darkness?", una no go kee pesin for this kontiri o. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by Mindlog: 8:09am On Apr 20
Really, really sad! angry

I have a friend whose 3 year old son regularly experiences panic attacks at night when light suddenly goes off because he is nyctophobic. Pikin no know say he is in for a very long ride, the "medication" I recommended to his parents was to get a solar system in their home, ensuring power supply at night in the house.......imagining many children struggling with such phobia but their parents can't afford alternatives.
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by NoToPile: 8:10am On Apr 20
Seems the general light situation has been resolved, we only had decent light overnight up to this morning.
Since Wednesday it's been flash flash.

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by descarado: 9:59am On Apr 20
Mindlog:
Really, really sad! angry

I have a friend whose 3 year old son regularly experiences panic attacks at night when light suddenly goes off because he is nyctophobic. Pikin no know say he is in for a very long ride, the "medication" I recommended to his parents was to get a solar system in their home, ensuring power supply at night in the house.......imagining many children struggling with such phobia but their parents can't afford alternatives.
The parents should have bought lamp. Put it on in his room every night. Before electricity, that's what people use. In the rural villages,they still use that.

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by noobody(m): 10:05am On Apr 20
The most Useless minister of power ever

He should be sacked!

Totally incompetent and lacks information as regards the reality of the Nigeria power sector.

1 Like

Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by Mindlog: 10:24am On Apr 20
descarado:

Tge parents should have bought lamp. Put it on in his room every night. Before electricity, that's what people use. In the rural villages,they still use that.

I hope you are not talking about kerosene lamp. cheesy cheesy

It is the whole house situation, not his room thing. I did talk to him over video calls and I could filter him feeling being pressed down whenever lights suddenly goes off at night and he screams the house down. I am happy we are progressing as we are now at a stage where he is the one that switches off the light in his room while on his bed before he sleeps but the curtain must not be drawn, so the outdoor lights filter in......certain, he would outgrow it. cheesy cheesy cheesy

At least we are not dealing with the extra layer of somniphobia (fear of sleep). cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Power Situation In Nigeria: A Nation In Darkness? by Kemadealadire(f): 10:46am On Apr 20
True, it has gotten bad in recent times.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Of Stamped Concrete In Nigeria / . / Buy Your Properties, Investments Is The Key,properties Banking Is The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.