Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages (1046 Views)

In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by phemmylink(m): 9:41am On Aug 20, 2021
One of those things I have learnt in marriage is the fact that women are not truly submissive. They are just plainly obeying their husbands due to the situation of this country. We all know that true power will release the actual character of anybody.

The situation have this country have proven to be advantageous for most men because due to the fact that they are mostly the ones bringing in the cash, women seldom don't have any choice than to obey them, I am sure if the situation of this country is better and more women are being empowered alot of them will revolt against their husbands.

Most are only obedient due to the situation on ground. Can we say the economy of this country is really helping families and marriages?
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Romanoff(f): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2021
phemmylink:
One of those things I have learnt in marriage is the fact that women are not truly submissive. They are just plainly obeying their husbands due to the situation of this country. We all know that true power will release the actual character of anybody.

The situation have this country have proven to be advantageous for most men because due to the fact that they are mostly the ones bringing in the cash, women seldom don't have any choice than to obey them, I am sure if the situation of this country is better and more women are being empowered alot of them will revolt against their husbands.

Most are only obedient due to the situation on ground. Can we say the economy of this country is really helping families and marriages?

If the reason your wife obeys you is cause you're the only bread winner, then your money is a control tool.

In Nigerian homes were both parties contribute financially, I've seen beautiful marriages, some I aspire to sef.

5 Likes

Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Klass99(f): 10:00am On Aug 20, 2021
smiley
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by ohynedar(f): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2021
So you would rather have women poor and 100%dependent on their husbands?
No situation is helping anything, if you gave an ungrateful and insorbordinate wife the whole world, she'll still insult you and say "what have you done ?"
No woman deserves a man who wouldn't want her to be successful so she can be submissive!
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
phemmylink:

Lol bettering the Naija society and laws still wins hands down.

Naija brethrens get to sit up.

The ones that abuse and beats their wives, the ones that cheat and spoon/doggy side chicks in hotels, the ones that exhaust their earnings on women and beer rather than pay children school fees.

I believe Naija men will geer towards being more responsible. Especially when they know the law protects women and they could lose half their fortune in divorce suits.

Children get to enjoy too. Because women don't need to rely on any man that misbehaves or resort to begging. They can be comfortable enough to clothe/feed their young ones or suck off child support from the man by law. grin

So you see, let's not look at this in terms of chipping the men's ego but rather at the benevolence towards the women and children's general welfare.

1 Like

Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
Klass99:
What about the men whose wives are bringing in the bacon under Buhari's Naija?

Are they (the men) just sticking around and hanging in there, for their financial security and saving face? While they pretend like they're the ones providing?

Nigeria is helping men in such marriages or you think it is only helping women?

Do you watch movies occasionally?

I found an interesting link I want to share with you.
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Klass99(f): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
smiley
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Klass99:

I do, but I'm extremely cautious of links and sources where I get data from......... that's how people get hacked sometimes.

It's YouTube. Nothing to worry about. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs5Q1-_7LME&feature=youtu.be

I often prefer movie recaps rather than the full movies because of time. When I watched this one, I couldn't help but wonder about your ideal on 'no baby on board'.
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Khonifer: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
You say this like it’s a good thing
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Hathor5(f): 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
I can't believe what I am reading here. undecided
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by socialmediaman: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
ohynedar:
So you would rather have women poor and 100%dependent on their husbands?
No situation is helping anything, if you gave an ungrateful and insorbordinate wife the whole world, she'll still insult you and say "what have you done ?"
No woman deserves a man who wouldn't want her to be successful so she can be submissive!

The bolded is a form psychological abuse
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by MufasaLion: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
Trash
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by Bluewitch(f): 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
Romanoff:

If the reason your wife obeys you is cause you're the only bread winner, then your money is a control tool.

In Nigerian homes were both parties contribute financially, I've seen beautiful marriages, some I aspire to sef.

Simple and aptly put....
Re: How the bad economic situation in Nigeria Is saving alot of marriages by phemmylink(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2021
[quote author=Romanoff post=104986425]

aspire to perspire

(1) (Reply)

My South African Marriage Proposal, Advice Please / Ant In Your Cup Of Tea / A Family At Dead End: Help And Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.