Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,699 members, 7,816,857 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative (1015 Views)

Maria Precious Tunde: UNIBEN Final Year Student Dies In Her Sleep / UNEC Master's Degree Student Slumps, Dies While Jogging In Enugu / Why Waste Precious Time Writing JAMB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 1:32pm On Apr 21
Read my post well.

Food doesn't make someone fat

Excess calories from the food you eat that the body doesn't need get stored as fat. SIMPLE

What kind of activities do you do after eating.

and there's body types...

Understand this: Regardless of your body type, body building is algorithmic. Eat this, exercise like this and rest like that AND YOU WILL GET YOUR RESULTS. it won't be like other body types but you will get results regardless and with continuous repetitions, you will have the body you want.

But the understanding comes first.

Ps: for everyone out there, I personally consider beans to be carbohydrates as opposed to protein as most people believe

Beans is plant protein like groundnut. You gotta eat more and in mixtures before you get results.

Unlike animal protein: lean meat, milk(not powered as most of the protein has been stripped for proper storage. *** Check the back of your milk sacahet in the nutritional value section and you will see that you get more carbohydrates than protein from your sachet milk...from dano to peak milk. IYoure welcome to prove me wrong publicly lolzzzz) etc

Verbtips:
AmHim1
i eat a lot of calories
yet am still skinny
no be food dey make pesin fat
i go fit finish 4 cup of beans top am with 3 garri
and the day i feel like drinking garri
10 cups go go down,
if na swallow 1kg of semo
i go finish am.
but if you see me you go really pity me.if no be now
Wey i dey try to reduce my food intake so make i no dey give my organ hard work
no be food dey make pesin fat.but people wey know me predict say my fat go come like a flood well am looking forward to that.
but your claim are baseless

1 Share

Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by saintsylve(m): 1:35pm On Apr 21
Verbtips:
i grew up in yoruba land where i completed my secondary sch edu.
so you can't tell me not to drink garri
moreover when it comes to physical combat am not one to be out done.i have the strenght.i have never lost a fight and i won't lost in the future.although physique is not that great due to my body nature since childhood,but my six pack dey gidibam

Bros I feel I should make this known to you.
If it ever comes a time when you have to go physical combat with others, never depend on your body physique or six pack oooo. Check videos of several fights across the word, nobody fights with hands or body frame again oo, before you know what is happening, Dem don nack you something and you nad ground go de explain. In as much I will never go physical with anyone, if am left with no choice, nack and escape oo, if not oyo things.

Abeg no go fight with six pack oooo. Na quick demobilization and wins now, nobody go look your body physique and packs.
Shalom
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 1:37pm On Apr 21
ALWAYS Breathe through your nose and not through your mouth. Slow and steady not panting like you were chased by a cheetah NO MATTER HOW INTENSE YOU MAY FEEL IN YOUR INSIDE after or while exercising. That's all. It takes time to learn but it's the standard

You dont need jogging to teach you how to breathe

eepeepook:
Funny how this topic wasn’t posted to the appropriate section.

At the very least, jogging teaches a person how to breathe during exertion. If that isn’t something then I don’t know what is. E sure me die say all the people who contributed to this thread have never exercised in their lives.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 1:43pm On Apr 21
Fat burning isn't relate to sweating. Wanna know how I know.
You can also lose fat in very cold environment. Then people living in very cold region like Russia would be very fat and Nigerians in this hot sun would be very slim. But that is not the case is it

If you wanna sweat, stay under the sun and rob slow absorbing creams or stay in a hot place not running round your streets and local government area with colorful clothes on a Saturday morning
Verbtips:
Your article is quite misleading
1.how do i get rid of metabolic waste
push up and squate are good exercise for muscles development no doubt
but you can't compare it with jogging
reason
when i wake up i push up 30 times to clear my eyes then i squat after that i do frog up a little with some minor exercise,even as i dey do am so i no go sweat,
but when i come back from jogging.
you go think say heavy rain fall from where i dey come from,jogging na still dey best
if you go find another tip to get rid of metabolism e go complete.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 1:48pm On Apr 21
Your body type has it's advantages too

You can build muscles if you eat right, exercise and rest well AND not build fat unlike your relatives

The moment you start to build muscles, all you would have to do is just try to maintain it as your muscles won't be covered by fat unlike some people. Look at commando now then you will know what I am talking about

He stopped exercising obviously and he started eating excess. Not only did he shed of muscles but whatever is left of his muscles is buried in layers of fat. You won't be worried about that (gaining fat) taking into consideration your body type

Old age also played a role but you get my point. Not like you're old compared to Arnold or something
Verbtips:
all my relative i have visited so far even my own bowl are fat
why e con be na me inherit this kind gene
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 2:04pm On Apr 21
It's not just about nutrient dense. It's about the building block that makes up the nutrients dense food

Fatty food like olive oil etc is more dense than protein and carbohydrates combined but drinking olive oil doesn't build muscles does it. Even eating food cooked with olive oil

What builds muscles is AMINO ACIDS and the best way to get this amino acid is through proteins as the end point of protein is AMINO acid

See it this way

The end product of carbohydrates is sugar
The end product of protein is AMINO acids
The end product of fat is fatty acids

That why I recommend people to stop taking processed sugar because is the end product of carbohydrates is sugar then the end product of sugar IS WHAT. I'll leave that as an eye opener

Protein is what builds muscles because amino acids is the needed muscles builders in the body. Muscles become bigger by tearing it in the gym by heavy weights(you don't need the gym for this. With proper heavy weights, you are good to go) and then building it back up by eating well, resting. That's why muscles growth doesn't happen in the gym BUT OUTSIDE THE GYM. Muscles tearing happens inside the gym.

carbohydrates just gives you energy to lift these gym equipments while fat creates room for the body to properly absorb these protein and carbohydrates

And I strongly kick against addictions. It limits your potential by giving you fake rewards in form of dopamine boost that was supposed to come from actually chasing something tangible and not the watered down version of it. Ie instead of gaming girls for sex, you chase the watered down version of it by watching other men have sex with the girls you fancy online. You were supposed to chase and get your dopamine boost not cut around corners

I have written about how to get rid of any addiction you have. https://www.nairaland.com/7939213/one-guide-end-addiction

northbird:

Eat nutrient dense food, you will see the difference.
It's not about the quantity of food,but how densed the nutrients are. Garri has zero nutrients to build muscle. It's not protein.
Moreover, if you are a man, you could be expending the energy through the addictions that plague young men.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by Verbtips(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21
IAmHim1:
Fat burning isn't relate to sweating. Wanna know how I know.
You can also lose fat in very cold environment. Then people living in very cold region like Russia would be very fat and Nigerians in this hot sun would be very slim. But that is not the case is it

If you wanna sweat, stay under the sun and rob slow absorbing creams or stay in a hot place not running round your streets and local government area with colorful clothes on a Saturday morning
i didn't mention fat.excess salt and water is what am refering to.
after 11.59am it is not healthy to stay in the under sun
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 2:33pm On Apr 21
Jogging because you want to sleep better
at night is quite limited and now I'm being frank

There is a hormone or hormones that the body releases that makes the body feel relaxed. And there are several exercise that trigger the release of such hormones. The world of exercise doesn't begin and end with jogging

All bodily exercise are just a means to an end to get physical results in the body. And all exercises can be tweaked as long as they are tweaked to get similar results and since they are just a means to an end, then the end justifies the means.

1+1 = 2

and

1- (10-7-4)= 2

You notice how complicated that second example is. Yes, that second example is jogging. It beats around the bush

Raymondfayowole:

This your claim...Do you have stats to back it up or you just woke up one morning to come up with all these.

There are several reasons why people jog and the benefits attached to it. For you to limit it down to just 2 is myopic in reasoning.

Your article did not address the psychological benefits of jogging, the after effects physiologically on the entire body.

For example: I might jog today just because I want to sleep better at night.

The article in it's entirety is just limited in reasoning.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by eepeepook: 3:03pm On Apr 21
IAmHim1:
ALWAYS Breathe through your nose and not through your mouth. Slow and steady not panting like you were chased by a cheetah NO MATTER HOW INTENSE YOU MAY FEEL IN YOUR INSIDE after or while exercising. That's all. It takes time to learn but it's the standard

You dont need jogging to teach you how to breathe

Easier said than done.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by Verbtips(m): 3:53pm On Apr 21
saintsylve:

If it ever comes a time when you have to go physical combat with others, never depend on your body physique or six pack oooo. Check videos of several fights across the word, nobody fights with hands or body frame again oo, before you know what is happening, Dem don nack you something and you nad ground go de explain. In as much I will never go physical with anyone, if am left with no choice, nack and escape oo, if not oyo things.

Abeg no go fight with six pack oooo. Na quick demobilization and wins now, nobody go look your body physique and packs.
Shalom
well thanks for the friendly advice,but i have my own sense of caution bro,i hardly fight,people dey use jazz fight,i don come across one like that ,honestly i no know,but i dey dodge all his attack seems e dey use gra gra,as e see say i dey waste e time my guy comot knife wan stab me,i dodge fall for ground pack better sand blast im face.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by Verbtips(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21
saintsylve:

Shalom
with that i took advantage of the situation give him a good beating
after that nayin some people con dey tell me say i get luck say if say im punch hit me my own don finish be dat the con the tell me abt im scores
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by northbird: 5:04pm On Apr 21
Verbtips:
ok let me get some advise from you then.
ears open

Putting on weight is going to cost you money.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by saintsylve(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21
Verbtips:
well thanks for the friendly advice,but i have my own sense of caution bro,i hardly fight,people dey use jazz fight,i don come across one like that ,honestly i no know,but i dey dodge all his attack seems e dey use gra gra,as e see say i dey waste e time my guy comot knife wan stab me,i dodge fall for ground pack better sand blast im face.

Better baba. Na to just avoid these confrontation. Except on extreme difficult situations.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 6:12pm On Apr 21
You mean excess salts and water that managed to enter your body by mistake or how.

You willingly put those substance inside your body. Was it not better you avoided them

I've told you what to do if you want to sweat. You don't necessarily need jogging

And all these timing you place on the sun or something. I believe there is something wrong with such information. 11:59 hmmm. It was the same way I used to believe stomach runs on clock and eating after a certain time is bad. I later got to realize that eating certain foods(carbohydrates) before going to bed produce hormone insulin that makes it difficult for the body to tap into fat storage instead the body utilizes the energy from the food insteadhence making people fatter or to remain at constant fat levels. So instead of eating carbs that releases insulin before bed, wouldn't it be better to eat slow digesting protein before bed

That timing for the sun feels off. I will get to that later
Verbtips:
i didn't mention fat.excess salt and water is what am refering to.
after 11.59am it is not healthy to stay in the under sun
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 6:26pm On Apr 21
So it's harder to want to stay alive or what

Because you use your mouth to breath on normal days. Exactly. You, Don't.

If mouth breathing was the standard for humans, you would NEVER hear cases of drowning and Davido son would still be alive
eepeepook:
Easier said than done.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by Verbtips(m): 6:35pm On Apr 21
saintsylve:

Better baba. Na to just avoid these confrontation. Except on extreme difficult situations.
sure as the saying goes there is world outside dis world and sky out side the sky
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by Verbtips(m): 6:36pm On Apr 21
IAmHim1:
You mean excess salts and water that managed to enter your body by mistake or how.

You willingly put those substance inside your body. Was it not better you avoided them

I've told you what to do if you want to sweat. You don't necessarily need jogging

And all these timing you place on the sun or something. I believe there is something wrong with such information. 11:59 hmmm. It was the same way I used to believe stomach runs on clock and eating after a certain time is bad. I later got to realize that eating certain foods(carbohydrates) before going to bed produce hormone insulin that makes it difficult for the body to tap into fat storage instead the body utilizes the energy from the food insteadhence making people fatter or to remain at constant fat levels. So instead of eating carbs that releases insulin before bed, wouldn't it be better to eat slow digesting protein before bed

That timing for the sun feels off. I will get to that later
ok
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by eepeepook: 8:03pm On Apr 21
IAmHim1:
So it's harder to want to stay alive or what

Because you use your mouth to breath on normal days. Exactly. You, Don't.

If mouth breathing was the standard for humans, you would NEVER hear cases of drowning and Davido son would still be alive
Still, easier said than done.
Re: Why Waste Your Precious Time Jogging: The Understanding + The Alternative by IAmHim1: 5:41pm On Apr 22
Unless you have a medical condition, then you are the one who choose to limit yourself

Don't try to rub it on any one here
eepeepook:
Still, easier said than done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come Lets Make History. / How Do I Pay For My School In Canada / Without The Help Of The Internet:check Ur Jamb Exam Centre Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.