Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? (26517 Views)

What Is The Best And Cheapest SMM Panel For Social Media? / Where Can I Install Some Civil Engineering Software In Ibadan / Power Your Sensitive Appliances With Online Ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Jaysonblack: 10:53pm On Apr 20
Mordecai:
90k for a 250W mono solar panel
18k for a 30A Pwm solar charge controller
130k for a 100ah 12v gel battery
100k for a 1kva inverter

It's possible, though not an optimal setup. But it will serve till you're ready to upgrade.
Abeg leave work for us.
This is apt I do solar installation dm for something similar
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by matify83: 10:53pm On Apr 20
silento:
I don't know why Nigerians will always come online to lie to scare others , solar get levels
While most people might be correct that your 300k is too low , but it is not totally true

Let's see

12v 150w solar panel is around 50k for my area anambra state but for Lagos it is way cheaper

You will need just three - so that even when small sunshine your battery is full under 3 hours

3 12v 150w panel 50k*3 = 150k

60A pwm controller this is very important you will learn why in future and based on price of 30a it is foolishness that will make you not buy 60A controller

1 60A pwm controller = 28k

1 pure wave inverter 500watts or even lower like 300watts = 30k lower if you see 300watts

Na here it gets a little dicey

Go for 75a or 100a battery
If you go for 100a depending on location u might need extra 20k to 30k
But for 75a battery you won't need extra money

Remember money for wire and to pay installer , circuit breakers are not included

You 300k will get you a well and able doing solar setup that will work well during the day but not that long for night highest 2 to 3 hours in the night

If you want put to 8hours or more in the future just buy one extra panel and 200a battery and add to the setup and you are good to go

No be AI writeup be this na real life experience I have done years back and still doing it

A picture attached below is one I did last year ending total coz was 550k

6panels , 200a battery, 1k inverter , 60a controller
I buy controller and inverter for AliExpress both didn't even cost up to 60k then na for panel and battery these people take chop me

I'm curious to know how you connected 6 x 150W solar panels to a 12v battery without surpassing the power setting for 12v on a PWM charge controller?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Dpharisee: 10:55pm On Apr 20
abibun:
In sokoto where things are more expensive, new austa 180w mono panel is 47k. With this I want to believe that amount will be enough o set up a small panel.
I bought 18amphs battery last month for 20k, getting 40amphs won't be more than 60k or you just buy 100amphs car battery
Car battery does not hold charge for long and discharges fast, you need a tubular or deep cycle battery for solar system
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Jaysonblack: 10:59pm On Apr 20
Free advice you can get just battery and inverter that can charge with nepa if you get 8 hours light a day panels can come later
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Sheriman(m): 11:01pm On Apr 20
If you can get these then you're good to go

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by BigDickProblems: 11:02pm On Apr 20
Jaysonblack:
Free advice you can get just battery and inverter that can charge with nepa if you get 8 hours light a day panels can come later

Great. What's the battery name and inverter name so I can do my findings on them. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Obviouslyblunt: 11:03pm On Apr 20
qualitymart:

2pcs of 200ah battery to power 2 laptop? grin

How many wh is the laptop charger?

How many wh is 200ah x 2 battery on 1.5kv inverter?

He plan to run laptop 24hrs everyday?
laptop depending on the type has a capacity of 90w. Now if it is a power hungry pc it can go up to 150 to 200watts. He mentioned using Fan with it, let’s say it’s a standing fan of 40watts or a ceiling fan of 100watts, 2pieaces of 200ahs will give him about 14 hours of use. We know for a fact he will be charging phones and using bulbs, now add the power the inverter itself draws while on. 1 pieces of 100ah battery will be painful for him.

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by BigDickProblems: 11:04pm On Apr 20
Sheriman:
If you can get these then you're good to go

Interesting. How long will this serve me in the night time?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by McLizbae: 11:06pm On Apr 20
Bros 4get this theories! Just get a 200 or 250w panel, 30/20 amp pwm controller, one new 100 ah ba3, and your 12 rated inverter. You should use that setup for at least 3 years provided you don't drain the ba3 beyond 11.5v before recharge. You will also have full charge for the normal Nigeria sunny day between 8 am to 3pm, if you are not using it during the charging and the panel is not shaded from full solar energy with those hours.
matify83:

You may just be the one edging op to self destruction.

I'm perplexed that you can say what you just typed.

A PWM charge controller does not have the efficiency of converting excess voltage to charging current like an mppt does.

PWM charge controllers are very poor in charging when devices are used simultaneously unlike mppt chargers.

Also, for the specification @op is requesting for, increasing the voltage or numbers of the panel is a wasted effort because the pwm will reduce it to match the battery voltage and waste the excess hence it's low efficiency.

For op to even use 2-3 panels for a 12v battery on a pwm, they must be connected in parallel to boast current and keep voltage at the level of a single panel or else the pwm will go up in smoke.

With all these considerations, if you still wish @op to go ahead with the obvious "white elephant" project, I wish him safe trip.

I'm totally off grid for 6 years now and I know what's at play here.

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Arabk25: 11:08pm On Apr 20
Bro I don't think it will work believe me when I say so
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Boyjaco: 11:20pm On Apr 20
you want to waste money i pity
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by faceland: 11:49pm On Apr 20
Only one laptop I want to power for at least 12 hours daily.

No need for fans. It is hustling/struggling time. Would use hand-fan to blow the laptop (not just me).

Tinubu❗
Challenges and hardship I never imagined has become my reality... Right now, I would gladly do security job at anywhere with electricity at night at least from midnight till 6am.

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by adexmuhyi(m): 11:53pm On Apr 20
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.
for a reliable set up, I can help you out on it, chat or call me zero 8 1 three 1 247862
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by OfficialSam(m): 12:25am On Apr 21
Following
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by GetCofOProperty: 12:28am On Apr 21
Possibly so.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Mikelarteta(m): 12:41am On Apr 21
Blaze14k:
That amount is too little unless you want to purchase solar generator. A good solar generator could cost you about 550k without panel. We also have solar gen of about 300k with panel that will last couple of hours when fully charged. But if you intend buying an invert it will cost you more,, let's say about 900k or more.

I have an inverter generator for sale that I brought to Ng from Canada. If you have a buyer pls let me know. I also have 4.5 and 5KVA Tokunbo Generators also for sale.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by hunterezi(m): 1:51am On Apr 21
We do have light at night. I work from home during the day. I just need a solution for laptop only that lasts for 6hours. Laptop power bank or inverter.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by sulakishop(m): 2:12am On Apr 21
Budget 1.1m for standard installation

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by ceejay80s(m): 3:02am On Apr 21
Chimanwosu:
I can set it up for you
2pcs of solar panels 180w each 65k the 2panel= 130k
Pwm 30a solar charger controller 15k
100amh deep cycle battery 125k
500watts inverter 20k.
6yards of 4mm dc cable 2500 per yard that is 15k
Installation fee 35k if you are in Lagos state .
Total package 340k
What's app or call 08030794638.
You can see the one am using in my house here is the picture it can power my 32inch smart TV 1 celling fan and my HP laptop and 3 light for atleast 12hrs every 24hrs if on only my TV and fan it can last longer up to 18hrs or more
Webep u too don dey install inverter?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Anabosee(m): 3:47am On Apr 21
dollarnaira:

Don't do this pls
Y
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Justinlean02(m): 4:25am On Apr 21
louken:

What is the capacity of this solar generator
This a 1.2KVA solar Generator's and it has the same capacity as I pass my neighbor generator. It can last up to 10hrs when fully charged
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by silento(m): 4:38am On Apr 21
matify83:

I'm curious to know how you connected 6 x 150W solar panels to a 12v battery without surpassing the power setting for 12v on a PWM charge controller?

Thanks to calling my attention to that it is 4 panels

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by femieoke: 4:39am On Apr 21
Hi,

I got this in late February this year and I will be relocating by May 10. You cam pick this up by May 9 for 300k. I bought it for 340k. It comes with a standing fan, 2 panels, and it powers my laptop, phones etc and i use the fan over the night even on 2 bars of charge and it serves me well.

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by freemi(m): 5:22am On Apr 21
Mordecai:
100k for a 1kva inverter

It's possible, though not an optimal setup. But it will serve till you're ready to upgrade.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by efelico: 5:46am On Apr 21
qualitymart:

The only thing that needs modification is just the panel. 180w x 2 is better to get best out of the panel. 2pcs of 180w inverter will charge the battery very well

This is not a theory but what I setup for someone about 2yrs ago and he still use it till today

Boss, Can 2 300watt panel connected in series with a 60amp mttp charge controller charge 200amp tabular battery. If not how panel can you recommend and it's set up wether series or parallel. Thank you
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by psucc(m): 6:10am On Apr 21
How long can it power a tv and decoder after sundown?
Skillsnigeria:

150w panel - 58k × 4 = 232k
60a pwm charge controller = 30 - 45k
40ah battery = 55k
Pure sine wave inverter = 135k for 1000w.
Msw 1000w inverter = 25-30k ( you can buy it if that's what you can afford but I don't recommend it.
Solar cable, roof mount accessories plus others if you want to add it. Is the solar engineer that will handle that. You can also install it yourself but it won't look like the one installed by a solar engineer
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Jeckin202: 6:34am On Apr 21
Skillsnigeria:

150w panel - 58k × 4 = 232k
60a pwm charge controller = 30 - 45k
40ah battery = 55k
Pure sine wave inverter = 135k for 1000w.
Solar cable, roof mount accessories plus others if you want to add it. Is the solar engineer that will handle that. You can also install it yourself but it won't look like the one installed by a solar engineer

Can this set up be used for phone charging business
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by gnjemanze: 6:42am On Apr 21
I can get you something more affordable from the UK.. DM me +2348027969792.

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by beyondPen(m): 6:43am On Apr 21
Skillsnigeria:

If your money can't buy all the materials now, just get a good panel upto 600w or more and controller and install it with a small battery like 40ah. Power all your load from 9am to 6pm and off it. You can power only DC fan and bulb in the night. Later you can save and get a 200ah battery and remove the small 40ah you are using before. That's how I started my own, start small and upgrade as time goes. That's the beauty of solar power

Oh nice thank you.

How much the you spend for the first and how later for upgrade, please?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Greattha: 7:02am On Apr 21
Good advice.

I don't know why people use or suggest pwm charge controllers when MPPT is the best that works no matter how little the sunlight.

If you want to do something, go for the best...there's no need rushing because of lack of funds.

OP...Be patient,get more funds and visit any renowned solar shop for a quote.

You don't want fire and other hazards from mediocre panels, kits and installation.

matify83:

Hmmm!

This is going to be a recipe for disaster.

One 250w solar panel at Isc of about 7A on a PWM charge controller will never take that battery to a full Bulk charge of 14.4V.

My guy will definitely have issues in less than 3 months after installation because the battery will sulphate from undercharging.

I will advise op get more funds and set-up something that will be worth the effort. An MPPT charge controller will be most appropriate because of its efficiency.
He will need about 2-3 additional panels for faster charging.

My guy, just invest the 350k and do a good job later.
You are not ready yet

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Topze(m): 7:17am On Apr 21
Greenscientist:

At night?
Yes.. Although I also use it during the day
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Kaycee9242(m): 7:23am On Apr 21
Mordecai:
100k for a 1kva inverter

Bros is this battery price current? And if One should want to upgrade like add freezer what else is required

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother / Teenager Invents 20-second Mobile Phone Charger. / 5 Nigerian Engineers Manufacture Drone In Akwa Ibom (Photos, video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.