Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? (26449 Views)

What Is The Best And Cheapest SMM Panel For Social Media? / Where Can I Install Some Civil Engineering Software In Ibadan / Power Your Sensitive Appliances With Online Ups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Magnumproperty: 9:02pm On Apr 20
GerogeI:

Dolar gets very costly mainly when peeps want to use power at night, meaning they have to store it. Batteries are costly.

So if you can live with mearsly night power, you can have robust daytime power.
You need inverter and solar charge controller 100k, one or two car batteries 40k and as many solar panels as you can get. Buy used panels. The more the solar panels, the more the power, from 10 am to 5 pm. The car battery is just to act as base for the inverter and also to even out instantaneous variation in power production die to changes in sun's intensity. It can charge you phone at night, and provide lighting, but that's it.

Also, there are Chinese solar inverters that can work without batteries when the sun is reasonably bright. But they come in 2kw and 5kw capacities and would burn your whole budget.
Those are hybrid inverters
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by louken(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20
Blaze14k:
That amount is too little unless you want to purchase solar generator. A good solar generator could cost you about 550k without panel. We also have solar gen of about 300k with panel that will last couple of hours when fully charged. But if you intend buying an invert it will cost you more,, let's say about 900k or more.
Please can you talk more on this solar generator. What are the pros and cons?
Is it more preferable and efficient than the conventional battery inverter
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Magnumproperty: 9:05pm On Apr 20
nihinlade:
My Guy 350k is too small.

What you can do to help your self, if you are not totally off grid (meaning that you still usually have power once in a while)

Buy Tubular Battery. One good Tubular Battery should be around 200k, find out how much now.

And buy a good inverter around of around 100k.

Use the remaining 50k to buy wire and run its own outlets and light points. You will still have some change from the 50k.

This is called an inverter system. Charge it with light and generator fully and it can take you 1 or 2 days before it needs recharge with those little appliances. It will reduce fuel consumption.

But you will still need to be recharging with generator if there is no light.

But if you want to stay away from generator for a long time. You need like another 400k to get solar panels and MPPT solar charger.

For example, I just switched on my Generator 3 days ago and that is the first time in 2 months. And it was because that day there was no sunshine and we still put laptop, TV, 4 lightbulbs, 2 fans etc on it.
Do you use one tubular battery to power the bolded?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by qualitymart: 9:06pm On Apr 20
Obviouslyblunt:
this will frustrate OP and he would be lucky to get up to 3hrs of battery life

We are here to learn

How would he get 3hrs with the setup sir

Kindly explain better

I run both my house and office on solar system, install for people, import solar equipments for myself and for big clients that has big name in the solar market (won't mention their names)

If what he needa doesn't go beyond 2 laptop, 2 fans and phones charging, what I mentioned above will never frustrate him

I don't expect him to run laptop 24hrs a day and during the day, sun charges both the battery and his gadget

2pcs 180w will charge 100ah battery without stress and 100ah battery will power his gadget

But tell us why you think the system will frustrate him

Note: I don't even sell any of the equipment he will need for the 12v system so this is not trick to advertise what i sell

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by beyondPen(m): 9:06pm On Apr 20
Skillsnigeria:
Hmmm, you can start small and upgrade later. That's the beauty of solar

Please shed more light about how to upgrade
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by 3kay945(m): 9:07pm On Apr 20
SK1SOLA:
Get a solar generator for 255,000
It will power a laptop, lights and a fan
Call this line 08092164444

How does this work pls? Can it power 1/2 hp pump machine?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by qualitymart: 9:08pm On Apr 20
louken:

Solar gen is not ideal

Most of them have below the rated power and if spoilt, always difficult to repair

When solar gen spoilt, only your panel will be useful which means you lost inverter, charge controller and battery

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by AK284(m): 9:09pm On Apr 20
providencia:

Where is the disaster coming from sir?

That guy have no clue about what is talking about.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by miqos02(m): 9:10pm On Apr 20
Nwaikpe:
Which one be solar generator again?

All these extreme wannabe engineers sef.

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Greenscientist: 9:11pm On Apr 20
Topze:
It could be a fair start. But wouldn't power your devices for soo long.. Possibly 3-4 hours.. I set up mine for less to power one laptop, rechargeable fan and smaller gadgets and I can get up to 5 hours

At night?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by qualitymart: 9:11pm On Apr 20
Obviouslyblunt:
In the past this could give you let’s say two 150Ah batteries and a 1.5kva inverter , but now it can only buy one battery. I suggest you save more , let’s say up to 900k and you can buy two 200ah batteries and a 1.5 or 2kva inverter, you’ll save more to get solar panels separately after and for that I suggest saving up to 400k separately.

2pcs of 200ah battery to power 2 laptop? grin

How many wh is the laptop charger?

How many wh is 200ah x 2 battery on 1.5kv inverter?

He plan to run laptop 24hrs everyday?

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by qualitymart: 9:15pm On Apr 20
vowiski:

Recipie for disaster

The only thing that needs modification is just the panel. 180w x 2 is better to get best out of the panel. 2pcs of 180w inverter will charge the battery very well

This is not a theory but what I setup for someone about 2yrs ago and he still use it till today

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Skillsnigeria: 9:16pm On Apr 20
beyondPen:

Please shed more light about how to upgrade

If your money can't buy all the materials now, just get a good panel upto 600w or more and controller and install it with a small battery like 40ah. Power all your load from 9am to 6pm and off it. You can power only DC fan and bulb in the night. Later you can save up and get a 200ah battery and remove the small 40ah you are using before. That's how I started my own, start small and upgrade as time goes. That's the beauty of solar power

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by 3kay945(m): 9:16pm On Apr 20
Maybe I should just dig out my old 1kv inverter out, dust it and a get a 100mah battery. Atleast it can charge my powerbanks and portable fans.

Life continues..!

5 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by qualitymart: 9:16pm On Apr 20
3kay945:

How does this work pls? Can it power 1/2 hp pump machine?

No it cannot

Don't waste your money on solar gen

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by qualitymart: 9:17pm On Apr 20
austenzydrm3:
Solar inverter and solar generator which is better

Inverter

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by ProjectsCityNG: 9:17pm On Apr 20
albert2512:

What location and how do I get it for instalment

Google. You'll see tons of companies
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by 3kay945(m): 9:17pm On Apr 20
Skillsnigeria:

If your money can't buy all the materials now, just get a good panel upto 600w or more and controller and install it with a small battery like 40ah. Power all your load from 9am to 6pm and off it. You can power only DC fan and bulb in the night. Later you can save and get a 200ah battery and remove the small 40ah you are using before. That's how I started my own, start small and upgrade as time goes. That's the beauty of solar power

Can you estimate the cost of this startup setup bro.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by BigDickProblems: 9:18pm On Apr 20
Omo. You people have confuse me the more o. Ha.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by 3kay945(m): 9:19pm On Apr 20
qualitymart:

No it cannot

Don't waste your money on solar gen

Thanks, it is useless for me be that.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Blaze14k: 9:19pm On Apr 20
louken:

The solar gen is mainly for light bulbs, fan and television. You can't use it for fridge and air condition in your house.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by BigDawsNet: 9:20pm On Apr 20
Just imagine.. Nigeria, the giant of Africa who is suppling 3 African countries constant power...

And the main supplier can't even guarantee is citizen of electricity of 3hours per day...

Why cant Nigerians come out and protest dis power issues... in a normal country na industries dey use solar as backup generators...

Now solar is taking over the country household while Nigerians are paying for darkness...

If una fight dis nonesse.. I'm sure something will be done abt it

13 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by chukkystar(m): 9:20pm On Apr 20
960k for 1200w solar generator on Jumia. 660k for 500w.. Charges with light and solar panels
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by dollarnaira: 9:21pm On Apr 20
Anabosee:
I just plan to buy solar and rechargeable fan 85k
Rechargeable bulb 5 each.

Recommend wetin fit power my tv and dstv only.

Don't do this pls
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Bekee1994(m): 9:21pm On Apr 20
This budget cannot provide you a standard solar system, but i have a solar generator hithium by name it can serve you perfectly well with the appliances you listed that you want to power contact me on WhatsApp with 07089746954 or call 09045021550 if you need more information about this product
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by abibun: 9:27pm On Apr 20
miqos02:
can you really get a good brand of. 1kv inverter at 100k ?
is famcare up to 100k?
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Joshaw8: 9:27pm On Apr 20
Just go and buy bee jump solar ,itz sold for 320k
Itz the best

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:27pm On Apr 20
BigDickProblems:
Good day guys,

I have 350k set aside for solar installation, and I intend to use it for 2 laptops, 2 Fans and my gadgets. That's all. I don't mind just a solar panel and one battery.

Kindly advise me if this is feasible. If yes, Where can I get this stuff. Thanks.
baba only good battery worth 250k o.
Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by oyeb15: 9:31pm On Apr 20
I use single 240 vts / 12 vts SS power panel with 2000 inverter.

I watch tv, watching machine,blender and light.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by fola044: 9:31pm On Apr 20
If you are in Ondo State, called me 07032544500 for full installation at 300k with guarantee....it will power your whole house

2 Likes

Re: I Have 350k, Can I Install A Single Solar Panel For My Appliances? by Skillsnigeria: 9:33pm On Apr 20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Staring At The Sun As Mercury Transit Tomorrow May 9. / Man Finds Giant Burmese Python In His Shed In Florida / Russian Cosmonaut Breaks World Record In Space, Spends 878 Days In Orbit (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.