Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters (8246 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 2:43am On Nov 19, 2011
IS ON

United States Marines have been deployed to Nigeria to help fight Islamic militants known as Boko Haram, sources have told SaharaReporters

The Special Forces, consisting of 10 units from Fort Carson in Colorado, will move into Nigeria through the borders of Chad and Niger Republic.  Our sources said the US military gave the Special Forces only 48 hours notice to deploy.  That narrow timeline suggests some urgency in the operation.

Two weeks ago, the United States warned of imminent Boko Haram attacks on some luxury hotels in the federal capital, Abuja.  Nigerian security forces have largely been helpless in the onslaught of the militants especially in Borno and Yobe States, but their heads were given National Honours by President Goodluck Jonathan this week.

Intelligence sources in the US believe that  Boko Haram is a group of about 10 smaller groups of militants mostly bolstered by Al Qaeeda connections.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-special-forces-deploy-against-boko-haram

IS ON GUYS cool cool cool

Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 3:45am On Nov 19, 2011
Nice, if its true. cool
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 4:07am On Nov 19, 2011
Revolution is here my guy, is on, they are coming, with sophisticated weapons to deal with these malams once and for all,time to taste the real bullets,chemical bullets.

Pakistan with a better security forces cannot handle terrorist without the help of American forces, more less nigerian forces. The advantage the Americans have is the sophistication and advance technology of their military power . We dont have a military drone, they do. With a drone they can watch movement of these terrorists and strike before they do. cool cool cool
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 4:08am On Nov 19, 2011
hope they only go for boko haram and not the people.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by idupaul: 4:13am On Nov 19, 2011
Shocked that people see this as good news, This is where the crisis spirals into an international cesspool that will involve all fighters from the magreb islamiya , Why didn't the US deploy 10 units to tackle Alshabab
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Nnenna1(f): 4:24am On Nov 19, 2011
I don't think we should be too happy about this.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 4:25am On Nov 19, 2011
Nnenna1:

I don't think we should be too happy about this.

Thank you, ask them what our own military is there for ?

why should foreigners help when we have military personnels in surplus
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 4:26am On Nov 19, 2011
Where is the source for this? @Poster. Even the Latest news from Reuters does not include any reference to US troops actually being on ground in Nigeria. How could they miss that? CNN sef miss am?
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 4:27am On Nov 19, 2011
SMOKE THEM OUT angry angry angry angry angry
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 4:30am On Nov 19, 2011
ak47mann:

SMOKE THEM OUT angry angry angry angry angry

smoke them out using the marines ko

I rather see them send a strategist or commander rather than there own military personnel.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Nov 19, 2011
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Relax101(m): 4:40am On Nov 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eucom/4034827288/

http://eucom.smugmug.com/Photos/2009-Photos/October/8987286_bwwq6m/3/689000620_ERA7q

http://www.soc.mil/uns/Photo/2009/album/slides/Jumpmaster%202.html

The picture above was of STUTTGART, Germany compile

POSTER WHERE IS THE SOURCE FOR THIS NEWS PLEASE!!!!

This pix is from Saharareporters.
I can now confirm that sahara reporters are fake, Liars and real eddioottss.
There's nothing like deployment from the US and saharareporters is only trying to attract people to their site with this news. lol
I guess there's no more news atrracting people to their site.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Nov 19, 2011
My pet peeve happens to be people thinking they can TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE . . . .!!! I asked for a source for the news posted, and I still need a source. Where is the LINK . . . make I see for myself. lipsrsealed
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by aljharem3: 4:50am On Nov 19, 2011
Relax101:

This pix is from Saharareporters.
I can now confirm that sahara reporters are fake, Liars and real eddioottss.
There's nothing like deployment from the US and saharareporters is only trying to attract people to their site with this news. lol
I guess there's no more news atrracting people to their site.

If sahara reporters uses a picture from US marines to deplete the information they are trying to pass across, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT ?

Of course we all know sahara reporters DID NOT GO TO INTERVIEW THEM IN THE MILITARY BASE or did they. They could only have gotten that picture from US marine website. Haba Henry
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Relax101(m): 5:11am On Nov 19, 2011
alj_harem:

If sahara reporters uses a picture from US marines to deplete the information they are trying to pass across, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT ?

Of course we all know sahara reporters DID NOT GO TO INTERVIEW THEM IN THE MILITARY BASE or did they. They could only have gotten that picture from US marine website.

How is that my biz? Are you ok? They used colorado because they know an army base is there. cooked up stuppoiid stories to make them relevant. Seriously??
I mean you and sahara should go die kiakia.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by na2day(m): 5:14am On Nov 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Where is the source for this? @Poster. Even the Latest news from Reuters does not include any reference to US troops actually being on ground in Nigeria. How could they miss that?  CNN sef miss am?

CNN?
Did CNN, AP, REUTERS et al, mention any boot on the ground in Libya?
But we all know that special forces were embedded with the opposition thugs,
Or why do u think they were able to take Tripoli the way they did?
That's why their deployment is called COVERT operations!
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Nov 19, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Almost on to page two and still no source. Ok, oh!!! I will wait as usual to have this confirmed elsewhere then.

@Moderator, are we yanking this thread or what? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by na2day(m): 5:17am On Nov 19, 2011
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Obiagu1(m): 5:25am On Nov 19, 2011
If this is true, then expect roadside bombing to become part of BH strategy.

I pity those who still haven't seen . . .
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 19, 2011
I think we all know how Nigerian newspapers like using web pictures in their articles.

Even the pictures they use for politicians are not updated.

It does not make the story any less true.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 5:32am On Nov 19, 2011
All i can say is that now is the time for the real gun smoke,look we all know sooner than later marines will arrive in Nigeria boko harams and alamajiris have been calling them for a long time now look at the result,u don't need Elijah to come from heaven and prophesy these revolution  for you, even a blind man can see it just than in the back of our mind we don't want to accept it look is happening right in our eyes still we don't want to accept it,hmmmmm living in denial have hold black people back for centuries.
Well if you still want you can wave it behind and move on, but you cant ignore it. cool
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by na2day(m): 5:40am On Nov 19, 2011
And dont expect them to dress in their Army fatigues,
I'm sure they will be wearing Jalamiyas, baban riga, and other traditional dresses to blend in.
If truly Jonathan invited them,
It's truly a national disgrace!  angry
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Jakumo(m): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2011
Anyone who loves freedom and detests religious fundamentalist loonies will surely welcome US forces in Nigeria, HOWEVER, the picture shown with this article is NOT of special forces arriving in Nigeria, but of trainee paratroopers during preparations for a jump, under the supervision of their drill instructor.

If US special forces are in fact being deployed in Nigeria, they will look quite different from the troops in the above picture, and may in fact be dressed as civilians, to maintain that all-important low profile.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2011
na2day!:

I'm sure they will be wearing Jalamiyas, baban riga, and other traditional dresses to blend in.
It's truly a national disgrace!  angry
of course they will blend in remember anybody can by an american spy,they have any race that can blend in very well with the locals,that is their advantage cos of multicultural society which they are.

But don't ever blame Jonathan cos he meet the problem there,and at it is now, that's his only option.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Skii(m): 5:48am On Nov 19, 2011
Violation of the Sovereignty of a State!! Illegal Occupation!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by ak47mann(m): 5:49am On Nov 19, 2011
We need them cos Nigeria is on terror list,is a problem for travelers and Nigerians both the ones outside the country.

That NAME NIGERIA is bleeding cool
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 19, 2011
Jakumo:

Anyone who loves freedom and detests religious fundamentalist loonies will surely welcome US forces in Nigeria, HOWEVER, the picture shown with this article is NOT of special forces arriving in Nigeria, but of trainee paratroopers during preparations for a jump, under the supervision of their drill instructor.

If US special forces are in fact being deployed in Nigeria, they will look quite different from the troops in the above picture, and may in fact be dressed as civilians, to maintain that all-important low profile.

We already figured out the first portion of your post.

Second portion; how would low profile be maintained when Nigerians adore anything White skin (majority of them will be white ofcourse) and "western accent"?
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Jakumo(m): 5:50am On Nov 19, 2011
Skii:

Violation of the Sovereignty of a State!! Illegal Occupation!!

Presumably Mr. Skii would rather be blown asunder by virgin-seeking Islamic camel-jockeys, than be protected by Uncle Sam.

Ileke Idi, special forces are chosen to blend in with the local populace, and if that entails using ONLY black US troops, there would be little problem assembling such a force, complemented by native language speaking translators.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Demdem(m): 5:54am On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

Nice, if its true. cool

Good to see u trying to grow up. U obviously learnt a good lesson from the KGB / FSB thread.
cheesy
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by francisj(m): 5:56am On Nov 19, 2011
ak47mann:

Revolution is here my guy, is on, they are coming, with sophisticated weapons to deal with these malams once and for all,time to taste the real bullets,chemical bullets.

Pakistan with a better security forces cannot handle terrorist without the help of American forces, more less nigerian forces. The advantage the Americans have is the sophistication and advance technology of their military power . We dont have a military drone, they do. With a drone they can watch movement of these terrorists and strike before they do. cool cool cool

yep,I agree with you on that,we only have people eating salary' and no action.

'
na2day!:

It's truly a national disgrace!  angry

How does it becomes a national disgrace ?
is it better to allow the BH to continue undermined our national unity ?(if we have one)
what will you say about the killing and bombing by BH .

The Special Forces, consisting of 10 units from Fort Carson in Colorado, will move into Nigeria through the borders of Chad and Niger Republic.  Our sources said the US military gave the Special Forces only 48 hours notice to deploy.  That narrow timeline suggests some urgency in the operation.

it a good step in the right direction considering the helplessness of those target by BH in the northern part of nigeria.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Beaf: 6:02am On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

Nice, if its true. cool

The reason I made this non-commital statement earlier, is that Sahara Reporters is known for telling outright lies. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no shred of truth in the article.
That said, it is only a matter of time before we see direct US involvement in one form or the other.
Re: US Special Forces Deploy Against Boko Haram - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 19, 2011
Jakumo:

Presumably Mr. Skii would rather be blown asunder by virgin-seeking Islamic camel-jockeys, than be protected by Uncle Sam.

Ileke Idi, special forces are chosen to blend in with the local populace, and if that entails using ONLY black US troops, there would be little problem assembling such a force, complemented by native language speaking translators.

Okay, but I dont think Nigerians are foolish ppl [the jury is still out on that though]

Nigerians can tell the diff between fresh civilized ppl and well. . . . Nigerians. I doubt the low profiles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of Car Bomb Explosion In Lagos; Another Boko Haram Attack? / Aba City / Do You Consciously Patronise Made In Nigeria Products?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.