Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Dangote's Award, No Big Deal! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Award, No Big Deal! (945 Views)

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha / [there’s No Big Reason Why We Must Be Together As A Country – Agbakoba / US Bomb Warning Is No Big Deal – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangote's Award, No Big Deal! by str8talk1: 3:49am On Nov 19, 2011
I find it annoyingly ridiculous, that majority of Nigerians can still justify the award given to Aliko Dangote as being appropriate.
Well, after having a second thought on the 'SHORT MEMORY' syndrome majority of Nigerians suffers, I was quickly to restrain myself.

To hit the nail on the head, knowing Nigerians to be smart cookies when it comes to business/trade or in any privilege position.
How can you be like Dangote? Simple, do the following:

1) Connive with the Government of the day to be the Sole importer of RICE into Nigeria and maintain the supply for years, while our over 65 varieties of rice in Nigeria are not being developed to international standards for export.
2) Connive with the Government of the day to be one of the few importers/Sole importer of CEMENT into Nigeria and maintain the supply for years
3) Connive with the Government of the day to be the Sole importer of SUGAR into Nigeria and maintain the supply for years
4) Connive with the Government of the day to buy/acquire part of our ports for direct packaging of cement and sugar into bags at the detriment of the nation's security at our port. Please correct me if I am wrong on this item.
5) Arrange with greedy CEOs/MDs of banks to get stupendous loans even when there is no well lay down road map to paying the loans on time all because they see you as 'big man' , while an average Nigerian with a good business intention asking for loan will be ask to bring the 'impossible' as collateral.
6) Support the present and incoming President/Military Ruler/Dictator in Nigeria before/during/after elections OR before/after they[Military Ruler(s)] might have usurped the powers of the constitution by coupe(s) de tat.

The list is endless.

Now, the question is this, if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs were not given award by their country's government for thinking out of the box, now why should i grudge over Aliko Dangote's being awarded GCON? Puhhhh!

Probably, next year,the number of awards will increase to 450, because in Nigeria, nothing reduces after an increased.
And our government is telling(rather deceiving themselves) us fuel subsidy will normalize the price of petrol(because kerosine and diesel have been deregulated for long and their prices are beyond the heavens till now) to internal market price when we have this crude oil at our backyard,ehhh! 

9ja, I dey laugh oohhh!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Buhari, Ibb, Shagari, Others Shun Acf Peace Conference / Boko Haram: Poverty Or Religion? / Apapa Council Renames Park Lane After Awo’s Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.