Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha (27425 Views)

Aliko Dangote And Segun Awolowo Pictured In The Billionaire Private Jet / Ayiri Emami Flies In A Private Jet To Visit Tinubu And Lai Mohammed. Photos / Lai Mohammed: Chibok Girls Shouldn’t Be A Yardstick For Judging Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by msmon(m): 8:15am On Jun 28, 2015
Rochas Okorocha, the Governor of Imo State, has
affirmed that there is no big deal for a government
official to fly private jet.

Speaking with SaharaTV on Saturday, Okocorcha
said he hated poverty and injustice, adding that
anyone criticizing private jet owner was poor.

He also addressed issues of political factions in the
National Assembly (NASS), the presidential and
gubernatorial elections in the South-East.

Speaking about the current economic state of
Nigeria, and whether Governors across the country
were responsible, Okorocha blamed former
President Jonathan for leaving a “virtually empty”
treasury for Buhari’s administration.

Okorocha also pointed out that the past
government managed Federal funds poorly.
Governor Okorocha said “if Buhari used the word
‘near empty treasury,’ I think he is being kind with
the word. I think what we have is a complete lack
of money in the country”.

Okorocha also addressed speculations that
Governors of Nigeria embezzled a lot of the funds
that were left from the past administration.
“I’m sure that you are not aware that Federal
government takes 54 percent of (the budget) and
State government takes 24 percent of that money.
How much comes to State government?”

On why he’s been seen travelling around with his
private jet even though there were rumors that he
sold it, Okorocha responded by saying “that should
not affect my private life. I hate poverty, I hate
injustice. So seeing me in a private jet shouldn’t be
a big deal.”

Explaining why the APC did woefully in the South-
East region during the Presidential elections,
governor Okorocha said, “What we saw in the
South-East was not an election, it was impunity.
People say APC is not in the South-East, and that
is not true. APC is strong in the South East. APC is
strong.

“We were literally at war with the military and the
police and they were able to stop them from writing
results. They could not rig the 7.3 million. If they
had rigged the 7.3 million in the election, Buhari will
not have been President.”

Governor Okorocha also took a soft bite on
President Buhari over his ability to mediate in the
war between APC politicians in the NASS.
NBC urges public to ignore Radio Biafra
“If you watch President Buhari, he is not really
bringing himself or imposing anything. His neutrality
is the cause of what you see today. The President
has said that the National Assembly should take
whoever they want as leaders, and at a particular
point, the Party felt that the principles of zoning
and equity should now begin here (at the National
Assembly) so that everyone feels part of the
nation,” Okorocha said.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/28/i-hate-poverty-seeing-me-in-a-private-jet-shouldnt-be-a-big-deal-okorocha/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Rounakid(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2015
I wil coment later
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Papasmal(m): 8:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Oga no1 pray to be poor o.

Bt as u don chop get big belle so,

Make u dey remember person wey never wak o.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by lolaxavier(m): 8:22am On Jun 28, 2015
It is a load of shame how we have come to make imbeciles and highly insensitive entities as our leaders.
These people care less about what happens at the bottom of the pyramid. Very unfortunate. Imagine a governor spewing this rubbish out of his dirty mouth...comments that can make the poor ones hopeless...

179 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by aare07(m): 8:25am On Jun 28, 2015
2019: I hate voting bad leaders that will mismanage our national resources , voting for good leader that can manage the national and state resources shouldn't be a BIG DEAL.
Come 2019.

Youth4progressive Change.
Come 2019.
Gafar Abiola Raji

6 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by natas22: 8:28am On Jun 28, 2015
So many fly with private jets no big deal but the issue with my beloved Governor is he forgot that God will give you wealth to give to the poor, he will make you a blessing to many because God himself can't come down and start giving you material wealth he will still use common men to do that men like governors etc.

Secondly I met a billionaire in this country from delta side who truly believe in God and fear him which is not common in Nigeria, he said to me no matter how rich you are you can become poor tomorrow so my beloved Governor NEVER call any body poor you don't know tomorrow what will happen to your stolen wealth.
www.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Lousymouth(m): 8:28am On Jun 28, 2015
Heya
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by niceguy7(m): 8:28am On Jun 28, 2015
Lol.....hu doesn't hate poverty? undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Aare2050(m): 8:28am On Jun 28, 2015
ah
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
This man's ego though.....who likes poverty before?!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by StOla: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
He has alluded to a private ownership of the jet.

I have no problem with him spending his personal money as he likes. Let him not spend state funds to maintain it though, else he finds himself in a bind that leads to impeachment for corruption.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by omenka(m): 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Lmao. cheesy

See format!!

Don't blame him though, he's been on that track long before he ventured into mainstream politics. smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by delishpot: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
The rest of Imo people like poverty ba? Thats why they cant get money to buy private jet.

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by kelvyn7: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
see ur mouth! angry

it's no big deal

when many ppo are struggling to get 3 square meals a day!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2015
the thunder wey go fire some of dis our politician don go do pre-season tour trainING for asia to perfect his striking tactics.

28 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Morkavictor: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2015
Apc is a party full of very insensitive people

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by cao(f): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2015
You've gotta be s***ing me?!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Bonapart(m): 8:30am On Jun 28, 2015
I hate poverty more than you do but also remember the poor cos that's the only way a rich man can be save

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by yorke1: 8:30am On Jun 28, 2015
Be right back
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by NifemiOlu(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
angry Nooooo. I like poverty. Ode!

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by biafransoul: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
I can't just stop laughing and having this sense of pity for the gullible ones whenever I hear them shout APC...... Change. Okay, guys see the change you voted for

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Morkavictor: 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Lmao. cheesy
See format!!
Don't blame him though, he's been on that track long before he ventured into mainstream politics. smiley
so it alright because he is an Apc governor.change indeed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by andyxyler(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
Enjoy ur life jare
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by omenpetrol: 8:32am On Jun 28, 2015
Mumu man. Pay your Workers and shut your trap. Seems he has mental problem and he's disconnected from reality. Sad!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by kenedy175(m): 8:32am On Jun 28, 2015
stupidity at its Peak! All this APC leaders are bunch of numb skulls! who the hell likes Poverty? It's really annoying how our leaders think and talk. Now Jonathan has to take the blame for everything. Even if Okorocha hits his leg against a stone, na Jonathan cus am. Nonsense!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2015
Olorun yami ya oshi

1 Like

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by jouchmaleo: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2015
mallam okorocha is a fool. I pity those gullible imo people dat voted dis slowpoke. Anambra remained a symbol of excellence..

5 Likes

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by edwife(f): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Owerri is now full of prostitutes,robbers and cultists-you are here talking about your hate for poverty while your people are languishing in it.

Talk about misplaced priorities.... undecided undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by ncolumella(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Nigeria and mismanagement

Dear investors/Entrepreunes,

Would you be interested to invest/ startup a business which has the potentials to become a leading home delivery brand with a guaranteed return on investment within one year of operation?
if yes, then click on the link below for more information

www.nairaland.com/2392421/lpg-home-delivery-service-business#34953410
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by papoose999(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Politics aside we all knw okorocha is a very rich man buh cumn out in public 2 say ds shiiit says a lot abt hm....apc members shud stop blabbin abt jonathan dis jonathan dat dey said nigerians shud vote 4 change dey re nw in power dey shud giv us d change we re tired of hearn jonathan caused ds caused dat sit ur arse down nd giv us our change

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2015
Wat more can I say?
Re: I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha by ncolumella(m): 8:39am On Jun 28, 2015
ncolumella:
Nigeria and mismanagement

Dear investors/Entrepreunes,

Would you be interested to invest/ startup a business which has the potentials to become a leading home delivery brand with a guaranteed return on investment within one year of operation?
if yes, then click on the link below for more information

www.nairaland.com/2392421/lpg-home-delivery-service-business#34953410

I really pray for Nigerians to wake up from their slumber

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Set To Commission Police Equipment On Monday (Pictures). / Anxiety Grips PDP Chieftains Over Buhari’s Extradition Plan / Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Meets With Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.