Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load (23255 Views)

Marketers Eye ₦‎700/litre Diesel After Dangote Price Cut / PH Refinery: Marketers Eye Fuel Price Reduction, Ready To Load / Diesel Price May Hit N1,500/litre, 75% Filling Stations Closed – Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by IkeIgboNiile(m): 8:38am On Apr 21
Nice one. I hope this becomes reality and not the usual propaganda.

PS: it's funny how the topic is about refinery in port Harcourt but most of the comments are about Igbos and IPOB. Hmmmm...i wonder how people sleep at night with all this hate.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by okeke6969: 8:39am On Apr 21
Audio loading of petroleum from porthacout refinery.
All na propaganda. Tinubu loyalist are always masturbating on lamba.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Idaytesj29(m): 8:39am On Apr 21
highchief1:
if u don’t accept the fact that tinubu is trying so far u may not live long.naira stabilizing,insecurity heavily reduced,refineries that has never worked since most of us were born about to work,noun students to Join nysc scheme,do u want him to marry a wife for u and teach u how to give ur wife doggy.

grin grin
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by StarRida: 8:41am On Apr 21
Paraman:
Who cares if Igbos from the south east hate Wike? Keep on directing your love to the religion and ethnic bigot called peter obi.

The Ikwerres and Nigerians love Wike

Yorubas, Ikwerres, Ibibio, Itsekiri, Ijaws, Hausas, Fulanis etc love President Tinubu... No one cares about the children of anger, bitterness and hate from poto poto region .Your hate for Tinubu didn't stop him from wining and ruling Nigeria.

Guy why are you this stupid the guy that you are arguing with have stated to you several times that he is not from S/East you kept on shouting Igbo Igbo may that Igbo kee you there mpama

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Alaigbo(m): 8:42am On Apr 21
Was this not how you claim Dangote refinery won't work till 2027 so what happened. When the refinery start releasing fuel go n block it

anonimi:

Tinubu did but no fuel supply from the fixed refineries?
Are you alright

3 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Alaigbo(m): 8:45am On Apr 21
Bro many of you claim you are not Igbo but we can see tru your hate for the country n know instinctively that you are Igbos n even ipob.

A good example is you. You are both ipob n Igbo.
StarRida:
Guy why are you this stupid the guy that you are arguing with have stated to you several times that he is not from S/East you kept on shouting Igbo Igbo may that Igbo kee you there mpama

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by relaxandsmile: 8:48am On Apr 21
Buhari must really be ashamed of himself by now.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Aleem26(m): 8:51am On Apr 21
Dem deh wine una…how will they start to load when they never refine….refinery not functioning yet I stay Alesa Eleme

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by anonimi: 8:55am On Apr 21
Alaigbo:
Was this not how you claim Dangote refinery won't work till 2027 so what happened. When the refinery start releasing fuel go n block it

If you are not a horrible and shamelessly dangerous liar, why don’t you just show where I said that Dangote refinery won’t work until 2027

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by 12345baba(m): 8:59am On Apr 21
If e happen I done turn tinubu supporter
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Teymanhenry(f): 8:59am On Apr 21
I hope their refineries start operating fully thus making petrol supply high and thus creating competition and crashing the prices. One positive note is We would export more crude oil and it's products. May this day come to pass in a few months. I'll have no option than to call Tinubu the best president ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by favor914: 8:59am On Apr 21
AqualinaXYZ:
Una just dey happy because my state is coming for the rescue

Make nobody near my state refinery ooo

Make una go build una own

One day I’ll be the Governor of Rivers State and I swear to God and Satan I’ll do the needful to all oil parasites

Unity beggars
Enemy of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, please just sharap, we know the news no sweet you @ all.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by nairalanda1(m): 9:00am On Apr 21
anonimi:

If you are not a Tinubu worshipper, then why are you telling lies and spreading misinformation about fuel subsidies that he continues to pay and deplete the foreign reserves to subsidise and defend our Naira for the benefit of his cronies and fellow rogues

When, where and how did people grumble about MTN ripping us off 24 years ago?

Because it is the nature of the beast called subsidy

Why did Gej remove subsidy partially in 2012? Because subsidy costs tripled in 2011 compared to 2010. And it was not because government bad, it was because the high oil prices then meant it cost more to refine one liter of fuel and thus subsidy costs were rising by the day. Something had to give

And he would have kept it removed if it wasn't for Nigerians being to blind to see. And tinubu and buhari doing bandwagon things.

I'm surprised you have forgotten the grumbles around GSM in the first five years.

Looks like you support subsides remaining.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by kmaster007: 9:04am On Apr 21
Audio refinary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Fearyourcreator: 9:06am On Apr 21
AqualinaXYZ:

This one dey mistake rigging for love

Did Tinubu win any of the south south states aside rivers that Wike did his thing to evade Atiku rot

We wey don hate Wike because of Tinubu

E come be Tinubu we no hate 🤣🤣🤣

We love Tinubu abi? Make Tinubu waka for night for PH with just 5 security men and make Obi waka without any security for PH

Una mind go dey
Childish talk ... president walk with five security... Even France president chop slap...
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Fearyourcreator: 9:07am On Apr 21
Saao:
Petrol 180 naira last year, someone is saying at 500 naira is crashing of price. Again all the noise of refinery working we have heard that couple of times, so it's not new. We are not fighting them, anything they like they do and go away with it, we can't fight them and no one to fight them on our behalf as it stands, NEPA becoming worse than before and we won't and can't do anything. Una kontinue
Subsidized
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by AqualinaXYZ: 9:08am On Apr 21
Fearyourcreator:

Childish talk ... president walk with five security... Even France president chop slap...

So you no wan make Tinubu chop slap🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by tivta(m): 9:11am On Apr 21
Sell this country already
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Fearyourcreator: 9:15am On Apr 21
Khyrvxjzy:

bro dont reply that guy
someone that will always bold his comments saying tinubu is a drug baro.....

bro if you will engage them at least engage reasonable ones, even though we dont have reasonable ones

peter obi will never be president
Simple
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Fearyourcreator: 9:16am On Apr 21
Melchizzedek:
But N500 is way too much for something we have the raw materials and are produced locally. Logically speaking,It should be sold at N1 just as it is sold at $1 in USA.
Some of ehn
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by PressMyButton: 9:19am On Apr 21
nairalanda1:

One dollar is about 1000 naira.

If we sold fuel for N1 , to pay for the subsidy, we would need to spend our entire budget plus extra money in loans to get there.

As at now, government says we are spending 600 billion naira monthly on subsidy. An estimate for the month of feb put it at N1 trillion for that month. That is to keep fuel between N580-700. Imagine what it would be if it cost more.
Which Government agency or official told you they are spending 600billion on subsidy?, why are you being ridiculous, dishonest and unamenable?, grow up.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by anonimi: 9:22am On Apr 21
nairalanda1:
Because it is the nature of the beast called subsidy

Why did Gej remove subsidy partially in 2012? Because subsidy costs tripled in 2011 compared to 2010. And it was not because government bad, it was because the high oil prices then meant it cost more to refine one liter of fuel and thus subsidy costs were rising by the day. Something had to give

And he would have kept it removed if it wasn't for Nigerians being to blind to see. And tinubu and buhari doing bandwagon things.

I'm surprised you have forgotten the grumbles around GSM in the first five years.

Looks like you support subsides remaining.

I don’t support subsidies remaining.
I am against politicians like Fayemi and his A-looter ProgreThief Congress, APC fellows scamming us with their propaganda lies you are repeating here.

Do you see the difference

Omooba77:
A former Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday, said the protest that trailed the fuel subsidy removal during the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 was due to political interests.

Fayemi said this in his keynote address delivered at a national dialogue organised to celebrate the 60th birthday celebration of the founding National Secretary of Alliance for Democracy and Fellow, Abuja School of Social and Political Thought, Professor Udenta Udenta in Abuja.

The programme was attended by Jonathan, former Minister of Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili; former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, among others.

The PUNCH reports that on January 1, 2012, President Goodluck announced the removal of fuel subsidy and adjusted the pump price of petrol from N65 per litre to N141.

The decision sparked mass protests, tagged ‘Occupy Nigeria’ across major cities of the country.

The price was later re-adjusted to N97, after more than a week of protests.

Petrol price was later reduced to N87 in 2015.

Jonathan faced serious backlash for the fuel price adjustment, especially from leaders of the All Progressives Congress, who were then in different opposition parties, including the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, Congress for Progressives Congress, All Nigeria Peoples Party, and All Progressive Grand Alliance.

While condemning what he described as the “winners take all” style of Nigeria’s democracy, Fayemi said the challenges facing the nation today cannot be solved unless the country embraced proportional representation, where the spoils of elections are shared between contestants.

According to him, the last time Nigeria experienced economic development was during Jonathan’s administration

https://punchng.com/breaking-fuel-subsidy-we-played-politics-with-2012-occupy-nigeria-fayemi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by anonimi: 9:24am On Apr 21
tivta:
Sell this country already

So you can be a slave to Arabs and whites who will lock up your mouth to prevent you from eating

Or what do you think will happen to you if our country is sold?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:26am On Apr 21
AqualinaXYZ:

Obidients in the mud say Rivers State na una state abi na una region

PH wey be home of Obidients is still in the mud

Na we dey give una life

Attache by force
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:30am On Apr 21
AqualinaXYZ:

Bold of you to think anyone who doesn’t support Tinubu is automatically from South East

LMFAO
Bro forget, we kno una. Stop denying your birthplace and kinsmen
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by commoditiesnig: 9:30am On Apr 21
Islie:

https://punchng.com/p-harcourt-refinery-marketers-eye-n500-litre-petrol-set-to-load/?amp

Good news from PH Refinery & Dangote.

If Diesel price could be crashed from N1,600 to N1,000, there's hope PMS can be crashed to below N500
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by tit(f): 9:31am On Apr 21
Paraman:
IPOBdients in the mud grin

This wan sweet me.
I done queue ooo.
Even if na December 2025 wey the refinery go begin load.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by commoditiesnig: 9:38am On Apr 21
Puss360:

Why do you thrive on tribal issues!!!
If you probably become the governor, you can't control the federal government...
Stop looking down on other states....

Seun, there are lots of tribal wars on this thread plss....
Person no fit read reasonable comment pass first page without witnessing tribal wars...

I tell you my dear. Its becoming very unfortunate. Kids all over S.M

Just see what a supposed adult is writing.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by nairalanda1(m): 9:51am On Apr 21
anonimi:

I don’t support subsidies remaining.
I am against politicians like Fayemi and his A-looter ProgreThief Congress, APC fellows scamming us with their propaganda lies you are repeating here.

Do you see the difference

Oga, once again,I am not an apc supporter.
I supported fuel subsidy removal in 2012 after all.

I also don't support pdp.

The subsidy thing is not a political thing. It is an economic thing.

Apc and their supporters were.wrong to oppose subsidy removal in 2012.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by nairalanda1(m): 9:51am On Apr 21
PressMyButton:

Which Government agency or official told you they are spending 600billion on subsidy?, why are you being ridiculous, dishonest and unamenable?, grow up.

Okay. But I stand by my facts.
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Paraman: 9:57am On Apr 21
StarRida:
Seun

Mynd44

StarRida just broke rule 2 and 11
Re: Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load by Faposky95: 10:12am On Apr 21
How will the marketers now control price.
They came into the play due to the importation of petrol.
Now our own refinery want to produce and these bozos still want to milk us.
Petrol could be sold for less than #300.......why not

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Nominates Chairman, Commissioners For NCC / Aisha Buhari At China-Africa AIDS Prevention And Control Meeting In China / Photos From Swearing In Of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq As Governor Of Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.