Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF (20222 Views)

Top 10 Poorest Countries In Africa In 2024 -IMF / IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World / Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-losing Machine - Forbes Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:58pm On Apr 22
Paraman:
Just like Goldman Sachs, they will eventually review it before the end of 2024 second quarter
Yes, I am sure
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by LagosFirstSon: 2:58pm On Apr 22
helinues:
Toh

We no even dey rely on IMF report as we know how to find out square roots
Guy you no dey shame at all ?
Gosh you're so annoying .

The same you applauded Goldman sachs the other day for writing a paid review on Nigeria economy...
You no dey tire to support thieves and propaganda of this useless APC government led by Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Charly68: 2:59pm On Apr 22
i believe in my country,i believe in our ability to turn things around for the better. i know it is just a temporary set back for come back . By the time this Govt finished its economic reengineering,we shall be on top of the economic ladder by God's grace..no tension
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Focusmind: 3:03pm On Apr 22
Even when Nigeria was the largest, it was not felt, talk more when it is now projected to be 4th

The current positions of countries seemed more like it. I always considered SA as the biggest economy in Africa, irrespective of the basis of classification of the ranking. You cannot be the biggest economy in Africa and have greater percentage of your population living in abject poverty without access to power, water, sanitation and basic necessities of life.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by africanusvu(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22
IMF Politics indeed
Anakogheri
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by DeepSight(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22
Paraman:
Speak for yourself please.

Power supply is very good in my area, cost of goods and service is falling, infrastructure is improving etc

Nigeria is on the right path to greatness

Oh, you people. Like the proverbial frog, you sit in slowly boiling water.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 3:06pm On Apr 22
For the first time since I was born, I have never heard even during BUHARI'S worst Government that Power Supply have BAND....

TINUBU has shown everyone that some people should have light for 20 hours in Nigeria while some shouldn't have because they are citizens of POOR NIGERIANS.....

It is now I understood his mockery of POOR NIGERIANS......

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by DeepSight(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22
Focusmind:
Even when Nigeria was the largest, it was not felt, talk more when it is now projected to be 4th

The current positions of countries seemed more like it. I always considered SA as the biggest economy in Africa, irrespective of the basis of classification of the ranking. You cannot be the biggest economy in Africa and have greater percentage of your population living in abject poverty without access to power, water, sanitation and basic necessities of life.

I get you. Nonetheless, largest is largest. It is not best, most advanced, most sophisticated, most techy, no. Largest simply means biggest. And as far as that goes, go and find out why MTN, a South African company present in 22 countries, has about one third of its market in one country - Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Basic123: 3:09pm On Apr 22
We will see to that
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Tareq1105: 3:09pm On Apr 22
Paraman:
Just like Goldman Sachs, they will eventually review it before the end of 2024 second quarter

It's an empty threat by IMF.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Fearyourcreator: 3:11pm On Apr 22
naturalman:
See what Yoruba and hausa people don cause........allow SS or SE to rule , them no go hear..... leadership is not a game of number but a game of wisdom
People supposed dey rush east now na
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by viodemus: 3:12pm On Apr 22
something that is going to 14th in a year, the way things are going.

Senegal discoversd a large oil well, and other mineral resources; arabs, asians, and Europeans, are running over there to get a peice of that pie.

I think by the end of this year, senegal, Gabon, Rwanda, Namibia, Angola, Mauritius, etc, will pass Nigeria. Sad but looks very likely, based on their projections.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Boldideas: 3:14pm On Apr 22

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Deogratiasfx: 3:15pm On Apr 22
With this report, IMF is enemy of Nigeria. Why should Nigeria not be the first? IMF report is false

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by WannaHowzit(m): 3:17pm On Apr 22
It has already happened.

Ramaphosa Upbeat As SA Reclaims Spot As Africa’s Biggest Economy

https://www.nairaland.com/8069048/ramaphosa-upbeat-sa-reclaims-spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Liaj0OSJ8gc?si=h89pRlf8vXKMS-1y

He said, ” We have now become the largest economy on the African continent, with Nigeria and Egypt having been up there and having their challenges and now South Africa being the largest economy in the continent. That position in itself attracts more investors, because they see that this is a country that is reforming various processes and it’s a country going somewhere. We have a clear destiny of where we are going as a country and that’s why we are attracting investors.”

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by DeadCountry: 3:17pm On Apr 22
Yorruba and fulani managed economy. What did you all expect? Anything better than what you have under Jonathan? Keep on dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Slypz: 3:19pm On Apr 22
Asmmi:
Let's keep believing. Nigeria will be Great again

Was it great when it was first? Probably on paper...
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 3:25pm On Apr 22
Bestmanfornow:
When I said propaganda doesn't build economy, only a fool will be lying to himself expecting a positive result, now we are no more largest economy in Africa na number 4th Oluwale economic team has finished us in this country

When it's revised upward, you and yours will come here to claim that they have been paid to change it. You people don't read the fine print.
This was only due to the high foreign exchange rate, now that the numbers have gone down, it's no longer applicable.
Sorry, that's too much for your type to comprehend. My bad... grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Bimpe29: 3:25pm On Apr 22
There will soon be a better moment for us as a nation
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Ebeano49(m): 3:26pm On Apr 22
Nigeria was first under PDP. APC took it to 4th.
Meanwhile, agbados are online twerking in jubilation.
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by DeadCountry: 3:27pm On Apr 22
Bimpe29:
There will soon be a better moment for us as a nation
Which "nation" ? Do you know the meaning of "nation"? Google the meaning and stop referring to your cesspit as a nation.
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by ClearFlair: 3:31pm On Apr 22
Asmmi:
Let's keep believing. Nigeria will be Great again

Yes o. Keep believing.
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by uuzba(m): 3:34pm On Apr 22
To become....
But we are suffering here.
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by adecz: 3:36pm On Apr 22
Anything APC touch must spoil❗️❗️❗️

If price of garri & pure water can become
unaffordable, wetin remain to spoil
in Nigeria❓❓❓😡😡😡😡

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by ivandragon: 3:36pm On Apr 22
Outside all the grammar, below clearly shows how bad things have become for the common man...

Putting the dire economic situation of Nigeria in perspective.

Year 1990-1998
Av. Minimum wage (MW) N300

Item price
1. Rice N1000
3+ months salary to buy 1 bag

2. Beans N1500 5 months salary to buy 1 bag

3. Cooking gas NA No reliable records

4. Flour N190 1 month salary gets 1+ bag

5. PMS N11 1 month salary gets 27l

6. Diesel N12 1 month salary gets 25l

7. Cement N120 1 month salary = 2 bags+

8. Basket of tomatoes N200 1 month salary =1+ basket

9. Beef N50 1 month salary = 6kg
Year 1999-2010
Av. Minimum wage (MW) N7000

Item price qty of MW
1. Rice N6000 1month salary = 1+ bag

2. Beans N7000 1month salary to buy 1 bag

3. Cooking gas N200 1 month salary = 35kg

4. Flour N4500 1 month salary gets 1+ bag

5. PMS N65 1 month salary gets 107ltrs

6. Diesel N150 1 month salary gets 46ltrs

7. Cement N1500 1 month salary = 4+ bags

8. Basket of tomatoes N2500 1 month salary =2+ baskets

9. Beef 250 1 month salary= 28kg

Year 2011-2014
Av. Minimum wage (MW) N18000

Item price qty of MW
1. Rice N8000 1 month salary to buy 2+bags

2. Beans N15000 1month salary to buy 1+ bag

3. Cooking gas N400 1 month salary = 45kg

4. Flour N6000 1 month salary gets 3 bags

5. PMS N90 1 month salary gets 200ltrs

6. Diesel N300 1 month salary gets 60ltrs

7. Cement N200 1 month salary = 9 bags

8. Basket of tomatoes N7500 1 month salary =2+ baskets

9. Beef 500 1 month salary = 36kg

Year 2015 to date
Av. Minimum wage (MW) N30,000

Item price qty of MW
1. Rice N70000 2+ months salary to buy 1 bag

2. Beans N100000 3+ months salary to buy 1 bag

3. Cooking gas N1300 1 month salary = 23kg

4. Flour N60000 2+ months salary gets 1bag

5. PMS N600 1 month salary gets 50ltrs

6. Diesel N1300 1 month salary gets 23ltrs

7. Cement N10000 1 month salary = 3 bags

8. Basket of tomatoes N58000 2 months salary =1+ basket

9. Beef N5000 1 month salary = 6kg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by treatise: 3:38pm On Apr 22

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by FireUpNow(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22
Na so dem dey talk oo. Shey na statistics we go chop

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by LegacyB: 3:43pm On Apr 22
naturalman:
See what Yoruba and hausa people don cause........allow SS or SE to rule , them no go hear..... leadership is not a game of number but a game of wisdom
What else do you expect from a tribalist brain.
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Procashtips(m): 3:43pm On Apr 22
yommen:
Naira was projected to hit N2,000/$ but it turned around appreciated by nothing less than N700. So, the negative prediction doesn't have to happen.

But Naira hit ₦1900+ before the government decided to resume defending the naira with our foreign reserve.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by Chukwuka319(m): 3:44pm On Apr 22
egoldman:

And things are now better for you in Nigeria? Ofeke.
Lol! And things are worse for you in Nigeria. Stupid Ofeke! It's you and your useless generation that are Ofeke. Animal,why is my personal opinion getting to your skin?
Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by doncartel: 3:46pm On Apr 22
Economic management by Oluwole and the 40 thieves. We can only get sense when Ghana overtakes Nigeria by next year.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Become Africa’s Fourth Largest Economy In 2024 – IMF by nedekid: 3:50pm On Apr 22
Betanaija42moro:
They keep on telling us stories. I thought we are suppose to be the number one in Africa
We were, uptil 2015 when the decline started. Go figure out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent / FG May Introduce Tax On Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Gas If…- PPRA / Dogara Bribed Appropriation Committee Members With $20,000 Each – jibrin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.