Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent (20220 Views)

Dasukigate: I Won't Come To Court, Unless You Abduct Me - Dasuki / Tinubu: I Won’t Recognise Saraki As Senate President, Unless... - Today.ng / Don't Call Me General Again, Just Call Me Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
"My friend, I don't know why you address me as General Obasanjo,” the two-time Nigeria leader said.

“In Nigeria where I am the former president, it is my political opponents that address me as “General” Obasanjo when they want to show me as a dictator. My party call me Chief Obasanjo. It now depends on which side you belong".

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/19759/35/qoute-of-the-day-dont-call-me-general-obasanjo-unl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=nigeriafilms

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by abbeycial: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
baba no go die unless ti o ba darugbo

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by ITbomb(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2012
na wa o
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by redsun(m): 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2012
Yeye man!He thinks leopards ever change their spots,that he can stop being a zombie.

And he probably wants us to forget that he is a zombie.Orishirishi Agbaya.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2012
So he wants to be addressed as Chief? Hehehehe.... OBJ the ugliest president we ever had. A president who made sure the country endured the abnormally high rate of politically motivated assassinations. A man who only woke up to fight corruption when he was about to get the boot. Hear him suggest we address him as a chief - a chief in his hometown anyway cos for normal folks, he is a nuisance to society.

He wanted to use Wilbros to steal oil and gas from Rivers State. He wanted to get a huge stake in Bonny Island and did all he could through the NNPC. I have one question for the old and haggard chief......what happened to Marshall Harry, Bola Ige, The Igwes, OGB, our beloved Chuba Okadigbo, Funsho Williams, the helpless residents of Odi & Zaki Biam, and many more unaccounted for?

OBJ, some of us really hate you and your entire generation hence you are in my daily prayer. AGBAYA angry

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Nasri100(m): 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2012
Good comment but you still Ugly as F uck Sir
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by floriana(m): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2012
RICHIE BOI: "My friend, I don't know why you address me as General Obasanjo,” the two-time Nigeria leader said.

“In Nigeria where I am the former president, it is my political opponents that address me as “General” Obasanjo when they want to show me as a dictator. My party call me Chief Obasanjo. It now depends on which side you belong".

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/19759/35/qoute-of-the-day-dont-call-me-general-obasanjo-unl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=nigeriafilms
Is there no front-page thread on Tonto Dikeh today? I have been searching since morning. Pls give us a Tonto thread.
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by oraclefemi(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2012
Nigerians and especially yorubas will never appreciate this man until he his gone, you complained about him so much , now you have Jonathan your breathe of fresh air with no balls

17 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Archmed(m): 7:30pm On Dec 09, 2012
Tusky44: So he wants to be addressed as Chief? Hehehehe.... OBJ the ugliest president we ever had. A president who made sure the country endured the abnormally high rate of politically motivated assassinations. A man who only woke up to fight corruption when he was about to get the boot. Hear him suggest we address him as a chief - a chief in his hometown anyway cos for normal folks, he is a nuisance to society.

He wanted to use Wilbros to steal oil and gas from Rivers State. He wanted to get a huge stake in Bonny Island and did all he could through the NNPC. I have one question for the old and haggard chief......what happened to Marshall Harry, Bola Ige, The Igwes, OGB, our beloved Chuba Okadigbo, Funsho Williams, the helpless residents of Odi & Zaki Biam, and many more unaccounted for?

OBJ, some of us really hate you and your entire generation hence you are in my daily prayer. AGBAYA angry
...Sorry o...eeyah, buh he is not on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
Baba
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Afam4eva(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
Was he not the one that ordered the sack of a whole village? All hail the general.
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by ektbear: 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
Heh.
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by martyns303(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
One of the finest President to ever come out of Nigeria. Not the best, but he knew what it is to be a president.

36 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
Literaly he means I am two sided I can smile n I can vex it all depends on how I see you.

Note of warning to GEJ n Co

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Sunymoore(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2012
Oh say na like this. So dont call me sunymoore if u r not my enemy
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Archmed(m): 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2012
Hate Him...Curse him...Kill Him..Stone him..if possible,CRUCIFY HIM...but one thing you cannot take 4rm this man is that he's got BALLS...Jolantern has NONE.

13 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Mustymohd2: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2012
baba y una no want make beta person rule dis 9ija abi una dey fear

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by ozodigboo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2012
As far as i know, OBJ was better than the c.low.n currently in Aso Rock.

OBJ may have taken some controversial decisions, but at least, he stood by them.

When we were kids, we used to boast , '' my Dad is stronger than your Dad''.

Or, '' my Dad is stronger than your teacher''.

We all wanted a strong father figure - even though they may flog us at times.

But at least, we were proud they were 'strong'.

OBJ was a strong leader - Odi, Zaki Biam, 3rd term, EFCC, Atiku, etc

This other man is .......weak -

Am sorry, but its the truth.

18 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Lordave: 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2012
Tusky44: So he wants to be addressed as Chief? Hehehehe.... OBJ the ugliest president we ever had. A president who made sure the country endured the abnormally high rate of politically motivated assassinations. A man who only woke up to fight corruption when he was about to get the boot. Hear him suggest we address him as a chief - a chief in his hometown anyway cos for normal folks, he is a nuisance to society.

Alomo. He is a chief and a rtd. General. Stop praying for the downfall of OBJ cuz he won't.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by omarky(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2012
I don't know why I hate this man so much. He's so gully..... Mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by KINGwax(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2012

wetin dey do this one? E be like say time full ur side. Mtcheew!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by mrkels(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
When this man entered power fuel was 19naira, when he was leaving fuel was 70naira. I think the last thing he did as a president self was to increase fuel .
Chief indeed, you are a bloody dictator jare undecided

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by DANILSA(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
Better still Brother olusegun Obasanjo lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by KINGwax(m): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2012
omarky: I don't know why I hate this man so much. He's so gully..... Mtcheeew
post ur pop's pix first.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Archmed(m): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2012

It is someone like you that will blame General Chief Olusegun Okikiola Aremu Mathew Obasanjo for d death of your grandma in the village..free dis man joor..and move on!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by andyzoga: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2012
Baba himself!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by mrkels(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2012
Archmed: It is someone like you that will blame General Chief Olusegun Okikiola Aremu Obasanjo for d death of your grandma in the village..free dis man joor..and move on!
Move on indeed? I don't blame you, you are the product of a failed nation. In well structured societies, people won't move on, rather they ll prosecute their past corrupt leaders, strip them of every national honour/ title, woe them, disgrace them to the fact that some family members would change their names. But here you all worship/praise them and award them titles. Nonesense

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by mrrock: 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2012
How about;
General IBB?.
General Buhari?.
General Gowon?.
General Obasanjo?.
General Abdulsalami?.
And all of them want to be civilian president. Really?.
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by modicum: 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
afam4eva: Was he not the one that ordered the sack of a whole village? All hail the general.

He also ordered the invasion of Fela's Kalakuta republic in 1977.
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
Baba niyen. Ebora owu.Baba!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Ice4jez(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2012
GENERAL OLUSEGUN OBASANJO GENERAL OLUSEGUN OBASANJO GENERAL OLUSEGUN OBASANJO how many time did i call u
Re: Obasanjo: Dont Call Me General Unless You Are My Opponent by Blueboy0402: 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2012
When it comes to OBJ there is no dull moment. If he sneeze, it will make headline; if he pee, it will make headline; if he s. h. i. t, it will make headline even when he shave his "bia-bia" it will make headline. Now he has said if you call him general, you are his enemy, that he prefers to be called chief. Hmm............(word)....... I dey laff oooooo...............This man sure has a way of keeping reporters busy and setting confussion in our head.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nass: Southwest Apc ‘ll Not Recognise Saraki, Dogara —state Chairmen / Man Spends 12 Hours To Get 10 Liters Of Petrol In Lagos (Photos) / Ishaq Bello Reinstates Ban On Ex Parte And Interim Orders On Political Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.