Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Getting A Lecturer Job And Travelling To UK. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Getting A Lecturer Job And Travelling To UK. (150 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / The 'difference Between Traveling And Travelling' You Must Know! / PHOTO: Meet Mrs Nike Okundaye, A Lecturer At Harvard Without Formal Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting A Lecturer Job And Travelling To UK. by Mensch86631: 7:11am On Apr 21
I graduated from the university 2022 with first class honours. Now the state government have stated automatic employment of the whole first class graduate, and that means automatic lecturers job for me. My HOD called me yesterday to inform me. Also I have also gotten admission to study in the UK. I'm damn confused here and don't know what to go for.
Re: Getting A Lecturer Job And Travelling To UK. by PlsBanMe: 9:52am On Apr 21
You will need to decide what you want.

But if I will advise you, take the lecturing job while you continue to process your travels. That you have been offered an admission in the UK does not mean you have gotten the visa and other necessary resources to travel. So what happens if you fail in your bid to eventually travel?

If your travel plan eventually works out, you will have to simply resign. People resign from jobs everyday. It's not a crime to resign.

For now, keep your travel plans to yourself while you simply start this lecturing job. It will even be on your CV assuming you are able to travel out.

All the very best.
Re: Getting A Lecturer Job And Travelling To UK. by LandMann: 11:20am On Apr 21
Mensch86631:
I graduated from the university 2022 with first class honours. Now the state government have stated automatic employment of the whole first class graduate, and that means automatic lecturers job for me. My HOD called me yesterday to inform me. Also I have also gotten admission to study in the UK. I'm damn confused here and don't know what to go for.

Apply for DAAD scholarship and go do your MSc and PhD in Germany for free.

If you stay in Nigeria you'll regret your life 5 to 10 years from now

Please leave so you can give your children the best opportunity to grow and thrive in a sane society

(1) (Reply)

Education / Jamb / Get Your Flight Tickets At Affordable Rate (local / Int)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.