Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants (16797 Views)

Zanele Sifuba Accuses Governor Douye Diri Of Leaking Her Sex Tape / No Grazing Routes In Bayelsa, Governor Douye Diri Replies Buhari / Governor Douye Diri Visits Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by abc115: 9:45am On Apr 21
I like this
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Nolevel666: 9:50am On Apr 21
Oizee:
If everyone is farming how will the real farmers earn money? They should tackle security and support the real farmers with necessary tools jor....
The real farmers are too greedy

If an imported product is cheaper than the one locally produced by you, what does that say about you?

Unless there are other factors i do not know about
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by chatinent: 10:03am On Apr 21
Antoeni:
Timaya Song "Dey Your Dey" come to Mind

Bad man
Hey-yo badman
Yeah
Leggo
Say what's on my mind
Me I gat no time, nobody can stop wetin God design
Me I'm not a Pastor me I love them umu nwayin
The boy no dey entitled, if you treat me right is fine (right)
Whine for me, sexy girl dem whine for me (yeah)
Right now me no got the time to keep no dirty company
Only positivity, no bad energy
I live my life the way I want, I owe no one apology
Eh
Rain, rain, go away
Come back and fall another day
Me and all my fellas and my people want to play
Nobody really care what a hater gotta say
Rain, rain, go away
'Cause me and all my fellas and my people want to play (eh)
E yeah, yeah
I say dey your dey
Make I dey my dey
Dey your dey o (e yeah, yeah, yeah)
Nobody worry nobody (e yeah, yeah)
Kpekele kpekem
Dey your dey (my brother dey your dey)
Make I dey my dey (make I dey my dey)
Nobody worry nobody, eh
Ma'!
Master!
Rain, rain, go away
Me and all my fellas and my people wanna play
Rain, rain, go away
'Cause me and all fellas and my people want to play
(E yeah, yeah)
I say dey your dey (e yeah, yeah, yeah)
Make I dey my dey (e yeah, yeah)
Nobody worry nobody (e yeah, yeah)
Kpekele kpekem
Dey your dey (my brother dey your dey)
Make I dey my dey
I say make I dey my dey
Nobody worry nobody

This song he stole..
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Antoeni(m): 10:11am On Apr 21
Mumu Please Prove it
chatinent:

This song he stole..
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Curious345: 10:13am On Apr 21
Poorest state in Africa , yet the richest
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Emu4life(m): 10:44am On Apr 21
Oceanjagaban:
Thunder fire the real Farmers
Kwamrade, U dey vex o grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Kokomaster69: 11:12am On Apr 21
Misplaced priority, instead of encouraging private investors in agricultural sector to the state to boost food sufficiency.

Sometimes, I wonder if these Nigerian politicians think with their heads. All they know is how to loot money and doing shady businesses.

For him mind , him don do one better thing now.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Sleektiger: 11:13am On Apr 21
This is not necessary at all.. Waste of time and resources
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Babsolala: 11:18am On Apr 21
The immediate past governor of Benue state did something similar.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Judolisco(m): 11:42am On Apr 21
courage89:
Interesting. Do the civil servants also get paid for those days not at work? How do you ensure these civil servants are actually using those days for farm work that will improve food security? How many of these people actually have farms that would require days off? Our government always implementing half baked policies.

Why not implement a direct agricultural productivity policies specifically for farmers to boost production within the state.
Do not not mix the two work together. It’s either you’re a farmer or civil servant. Incentivize both vocations to get effective and efficient results.
most of dis civil servants ain't doing anything in d office.... Except for teachers
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Inosky(m): 11:51am On Apr 21
I like the policy just that there are no ways to checkmate that in reality and no medium put in place to ensure such. Therefore, it's actually a free holiday in essence not for farming for most of them. All states in the southern Nigeria should prioritize farming, we can't leave our lands to Fulani terr0rists marauding as herdsmen and we can't either keep depending on the north for food supply to the south.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Eriokanmi: 11:56am On Apr 21
Bayelsa should have been the largest producer of rice in Nigeria, given the alluvial soil which God has blessed them with. But oyel money has rendered them lazy
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by AKWATGOLD1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21
I don't blame the Governor Diri because the state is one of the biggest receiver of largest FAAC every month. How many acres of arable land for cultivation of stable food in Bayelsa that warrant 2 days off work for civil servant in the state.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Solababa91(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21
MAJORITY OF CIVIL SERVANTS SEE FARMING AS A JOB FOR THE DOWNTRODDEN, they'd rather buy at exorbitant taters than till the ground. If it were to be that the government would assist with mechanized farming, or could have been an encouragement. Perception of people especially civil servants towards farming is quite appalling. If the Governor even choose to give a week, majority of the civil servants would rather sleep in their house than to go farm. I know what I'm saying.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Tareq1105: 12:27pm On Apr 21
courage89:
Interesting. Do the civil servants also get paid for those days not at work? How do you ensure these civil servants are actually using those days for farm work that will improve food security? How many of these people actually have farms that would require days off? Our government always implementing half baked policies.

Why not implement a direct agricultural productivity policies specifically for farmers to boost production within the state.
Do not not mix the two work together. It’s either you’re a farmer or civil servant. Incentivize both vocations to get effective and efficient results.

Farming activities is allowed for civil servants in Nigeria. Public Service Rules support it.

So, I commend the Gov for this. However, people shouldn't waste this opportunity and 2ndly, herders should not destroy the farms with their cattles.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Originalsly: 12:32pm On Apr 21
Politicians are all.the same ... big talk ... no backings. Agriculture is the way forward they all be shouting .... but what has any of them done to boost the sector? Agree or not ... the only thing done was Buhari closing the borders and restricting the importation of rice. That boosted local rice production. If that was followed up by irrigation schemes and giving incentives for the building of rice mills then by now we would've been self sufficient in rice. Tax and duty free concessions on any agricultural equipment .. the building of irrigation schemes ... and the leasing of State lands can bring about a big boost in farming. No doubt ... security above all. Fishing ... with all the fighter jets and attack helicopters ... do they patrol our seas?... to intercept and seize foreign fishing vessels in our waters catching our fish? .... leaving very little for our fishermen and causing them to abandon fishing? Too manybif these politicians need to be stone to death ... not for being greedy ... but for arrogance... openly disrespecting our intelligence.

At the end of the day .... bear in mind ... it is the policy of the West ... that Africa .ust never be self sufficient.... whatever crops are allowed to grow on a large scale are the crops needed by the West.... but at the same time must import stuff produced in the West. Ask yourself ... why is Iberia and 5he whole of Africa importing wheat? Why are we importing fish? .... what crops do we export? ... cocoa.... to be processed and sold back to us. What are we self sufficient in? Lastly.... we need to grow our own foods in these times .... population control is very much in effect ... Africa missed COVID-19.... technology has now made it possible to engineer crops to carry properties that disrupt the reproduction process in targeted humans .... Blacks. When last have you heard about Bill Gates?... now a big agriculturalist... I guess wanting to feed the poor of the world. Unbelievable? Do your research.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Joy2dworldxyz: 12:44pm On Apr 21
sylve11:

Herds men dey bayelsa too na.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/49-year-old-man-killed-in-bayelsa-youths-protest/%3famp

Other links dey if you want. sad cool

Him been never join NL that time
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Bfly: 12:44pm On Apr 21
High grade Non sense
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by jiz: 1:14pm On Apr 21
This is commendable
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by SalamRushdie: 1:15pm On Apr 21
Another idiocy
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:28pm On Apr 21
courage89:

Lol, Bayelsa State get land? You've asked very salient questions... They fit dey rejoice now, then by next month, government will start paying them for just 3days... O di part time niyen... Beer and palmwine parlours will start witnessing increased patronage
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by IkengaRussell(m): 1:46pm On Apr 21
Bayelsa,lots of resources,yet, absolutely nothing to show for it..The most backward and underdeveloped state in the SouthSouth.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Ijeoma660(f): 2:11pm On Apr 21
Good move.

Nigerians always reacting like reagents.

Lets just applaud this one first whilst we expect more.

By the way it's just for six months which coincides with planting season.

Subsequently they'll certainly have better monitoring and implementation.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by GrandFinale2021(m): 2:16pm On Apr 21
Oceanjagaban:

Herdsmen in which state?ona no go dey talk well sometimes
RightChannel is right.
no state is immuned to herdsmen attack
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/02/armed-herders-terrorise-bayelsa-delta-farmers-fishermen/amp/
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Agricmoney(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21
wow a very nice one .Other States have to emulate this

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Sparrk007(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21
Na BY suffer pass for the Niger delta
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by Melagros(m): 2:34pm On Apr 21
COMRADES, way to go, and it should be made compulsory
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by kolexy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 21
courage89:

Where is the farm land in Bayelsa?
Re: Governor Douye Diri Approves Weekly Farming Days For Civil Servants by donkas: 3:00pm On Apr 21
Funny things in our country when it's work teachers are essential workers . But when it's essential workers allowance, teachers are not recognized. Funny country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBOG Members Protest At Aso Villa (Photos) / President Buhari Says Special Court Coming Soon, Warns Looters Of Consequences / I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.