Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN (4064 Views)

Lagosians Query Ambode For This Manhood-Styled Sculpture Under Ikeja Bridge / I Will Drag Dasuki, Dokpesi And Bafarawa To ICC Next Week- Femi Falana / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Beaf: 6:52am On Nov 19, 2011
[size=14pt]Bafarawa to ACN: You can’t query me[/size]
On November 19, 2011 · In News
By Paul Odenyi, Abuja

Apparently miffed by what he saw as an attempt to denigrate or belittle him and other northern elements within the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, former Governor of Sokoto state, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa yesterday gave reasons why he left the ACN, a party he sought to fly its flag for the last April Presidential election saying the party no longer serves his needs and those of his supporters, as it is being run by a cabal whose main interest was to amass wealth and power at the detriment of other Nigerians.

He also reminded the ACN that he was never an employee of it and therefore cannot be issued with querries in the manner of superiors and subordinates.

He told Saturday Vanguard yesterday that upon his return from Hajj on Sunday November 13, 2011 he received a query dated November 9, 2011 and signed by the Deputy National Chairman of the party, Mr. Boss Mustapha asking him to explain why he had stayed away from the activities of the party since after the party’s national convention in Lagos despite several invitations to him to attend such events.

He was also asked to explain why he has been deploying his resources to organize some elements within the party in the northern part of the country, a move which the party sees as detracting from cohesion and discipline which the party is known for.

The ACN query to Bafarawa reads: “it would be recalled that after the ACN 2011 Presidential Convention held in Lagos, you have inspite of many contacts stayed away from all the activities of the party, including attending meetings of the National Caucus to which you have contributed to in the past.

’’Whilst the party decided to wait inorder to give you room to address whatever misgivings being nursed against our party leaders, and also enable effective and genuine reconciliation, we have observed in recent months that you are deploying your enormous resources in attempting to group together states’ apparatuses of our party in the Northwest zone with a view to undermining its structure.

“This action of yours is certainly not in the interest of the party and neither can it be in your own long term interest and would therefore not be tolerated. This letter is therefore, to seek your explanation and to state for the umpteenth time that as a leading opposition party, it is only discipline, total dedication and commitment that can enable our party stand up to the marauding PDP government and ultimately take over power from them.

“While appreciating your past contributions, it would be appreciated if your comments can reach us not later than one week from now.”

For the former Presidential candidate of the Democratic Peoples Party, DPP, the query from his party was insulting and he therefore, resigned.

His resignation letter addressed to Chief Bisi Akande, National Chairman of the party and dated November 14, 2011 was received at the ACN headquarters last Tuesday.

Bafarawa explained in his letter that his decision to quit the party along with his supporters stemmed from the belief that the ACN platform no longer served their need. He reminded chief Akande that his entry into the party followed talks between him and other political big wigs including the former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari and former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, on the possibility forming a broad based political party which unfortunately never materialized.

He said that with the abortion of that plan, he had remained with the ACN in clear manifestation of his character to stay with anything he was committed to.

‘’As you may recall, former Head of State, General Mohammadu Buhari, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and I, were among those who joined hands with you to form the mega party capable of wresting power from the PDP. At some point, Gen Buhari and VP Atiku Abubakar left. I remained. That is clear manifestation of my character; once committed to anything I give it my all. It is therefore an insult for anybody to suggest that I would pull down, from inside, a house I contributed in building.

“The letter directed me to respond within one week to the spurious allegations. This attitude reminds me of what my supporters and I, suffered during the last party primaries. Some powerful people made plans and afterwards orchestrated a sham and called it primaries. Since the rest of us were not informed of these machinations, we went round the country soliciting for support not knowing that we were sent out to dance in the rain by a cabal. I can no longer be part of the joke.

“The effect of what I stated above is that ACN consolidated as a regional party. Those of us from the North wanted to be members of a party with national spread.
This unfortunate trend continues till date. Some people feel the party is their personal estate, designed for the amassing of power and wealth to the detriment of members and Nigerians,”
Alhaji Bafarawa concluded.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/bafarawa-to-acn-you-can%e2%80%99t-query-me/
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

By Paul Odenyi, Abuja

ACN, a party he sought to fly its flag for the last April Presidential election saying the party no longer serves his needs and those of his supporters, as it is being run by a cabal whose main interest was to amass wealth and power at the detriment of other Nigerians.

For the former Presidential candidate of the Democratic Peoples Party, DPP, the query from his party was insulting and he therefore, resigned.

No surprise there.  embarassed
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Beaf: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2011
Some powerful people made plans and afterwards orchestrated a sham and called it primaries. Since the rest of us were not informed of these machinations, we went round the country soliciting for support not knowing that we were sent out to dance in the rain by a cabal. I can no longer be part of the joke.

“The effect of what I stated above is that ACN consolidated as a regional party. Those of us from the North wanted to be members of a party with national spread. This unfortunate trend continues till date. Some people feel the party is their personal estate, designed for the amassing of power and wealth to the detriment of members and Nigerians,”

This neatly sums up ACN. Ethnically bigoted, regional and terribly corrupt.
Welcome to fascism.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by ektbear: 7:26am On Nov 19, 2011
Heh.

I've never been pleased with the ACNs attempt to become friends with core northerners anyways. Much better to focus your efforts on the middle belt.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by icez: 11:35am On Nov 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh.

I've never been pleased with the ACNs attempt to become friends with core northerners anyways. Much better to focus your efforts on the middle belt.

What do you mean? wink
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 11:52am On Nov 19, 2011
This Ekt never fails to expose his ignorance on Nigerian affairs. What middle belt?
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Afam4eva(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

This Ekt never fails to expose his ignorance on Nigerian affairs. What middle belt?

Don't mind him. He must think the middle-belt is between Lagos and Cotonou. What else can you get from a google Nigerian.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Ufeolorun(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2011
'He got queried and therefore resigned' what silly excuse. He's been looking for any slight reason to bail,even if it was an invitation letter he probably would have resigned cos his name was not spelt properly. looooooool!

Bafarawa  Bafarawa deceiving ko?, your job was to  make up the numbers and you knew. You thot it was a mistake  they gave you ewedu broom? Lol! cos politically you can't sweep nothing.

Ila eke e bi ti Ondo yen abi Egba den i.lol (see your tribal marks like Ondo or Egba own)
Magbe keke e lor!
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Demdem(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2011
ACN has a party has serious issues just like any other party however this bafarawa of a person seems to me to be one stronghead person. I see no reason why he cant obey simple riles of his party. whats there in a query? anyway, na them sabi.

Beaf:

By Paul Odenyi, Abuja

He also reminded the ACN that he was never an employee of it and therefore cannot be issued with querries in the manner of superiors and subordinates.

He told Saturday Vanguard yesterday that upon his return from Hajj on Sunday November 13, 2011 he received a query dated November 9, 2011 and signed by the Deputy National Chairman of the party, Mr. Boss Mustapha asking him to explain why he had stayed away from the activities of the party since after the party’s national convention in Lagos despite several invitations to him to attend such events.

He was also asked to explain why he has been deploying his resources to organize some elements within the party in the northern part of the country, a move which the party sees as detracting from cohesion and discipline which the party is known for.

The ACN query to Bafarawa reads: “it would be recalled that after the ACN 2011 Presidential Convention held in Lagos, you have inspite of many contacts stayed away from all the activities of the party, including attending meetings of the National Caucus to which you have contributed to in the past.

’’Whilst the party decided to wait inorder to give you room to address whatever misgivings being nursed against our party leaders, and also enable effective and genuine reconciliation, we have observed in recent months that you are deploying your enormous resources in attempting to group together states’ apparatuses of our party in the Northwest zone with a view to undermining its structure.

“This action of yours is certainly not in the interest of the party and neither can it be in your own long term interest and would therefore not be tolerated. This letter is therefore, to seek your explanation and to state for the umpteenth time that as a leading opposition party, it is only discipline, total dedication and commitment that can enable our party stand up to the marauding PDP government and ultimately take over power from them.

“While appreciating your past contributions, it would be appreciated if your comments can reach us not later than one week from now.”

Bafarawa explained in his letter that his decision to quit the party along with his supporters stemmed from the belief that the ACN platform no longer served their need.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by ektbear: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2011
icez:

What do you mean? wink

I mean exactly what I said.

Akanbi_edu:

If I am ignorant of Nigerian affairs, you are one of the last people capable of improving my knowledge. As for "What middle belt", perhaps someone else is interested in humoring your question.

afam4eva:

Don't mind him. He must think the middle-belt is between Lagos and Cotonou. What else can you get from a google Nigerian.

And I thought that I had already trampled this cockroach under my feet. Rather than concerning yourself with me, perhaps you should spend more time facing this book that you are having so much difficulty understanding.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Areosapien(f): 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
a move which the party sees as detracting from cohesion and discipline which the party is known for

Excuse me?
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by EkoIle1: 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2011
I remember questioning ACNs judgement and rational when they let this useless clown into the party.

Bye bye to rubbish.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by aljharem3: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2011
Beaf:

This neatly sums up ACN. Ethnically bigoted, regional and terribly corrupt.
Welcome to fascism.

ACN is an ethnically bigoted party

CPC is also an ethnically bigoted party

where is PPP, PDP and co in ur ethnically bigoted statements you throw about ?
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by aljharem3: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

Heh.

DUDE, understand the politics that is going on before commenting crap.

ACN has a strong hold in sokoto borno among others

so you attemping to sound like an ethnic bigot is not helping matters at all, I strongly suggest you take Akinbi_edu's advice and watch as things would plan out

You have to put in mind that you can not expect much from the north after the NONSENSE TINUBU DID to buhari and ribadu and gave the SW votes to GEJ after his visit in Abuja. thus ACN is not really loved right now.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by ektbear: 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2011
Which stronghold does ACN have in Sokoto and Borno?

I don't care if I sound like an ethnic bigot or not. . . I'm not trying to be anyone's buddy or role model here.

Middle belt is more fertile grounds anyways, as the events in Benue and the strong showing in Kwara should have told you.

And as I said, I don't want the ACN to be loved by core-northern political pr0stitutes.

Sometimes it is better to be hated/disliked by some than to be loved by everyone.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by aljharem3: 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2011
ekt_bear:

Which stronghold does ACN have in Sokoto and Borno?

I don't care if I sound like an ethnic bigot or not.

Middle belt is more fertile grounds anyways, as the events in Benue and the strong showing in Kwara should have told you.

And as I said, I don't want the ACN to be loved by core-northern political pr0stitutes.

Sometimes it is better to be hated/disliked than to be loved by everyone.

dude you make me laugh

What is Middle-belt

Middle-belt is defined as a geopolitcal expression coined by PDP to divide the ONE NORTH SLOGAN, It composes of differenet ethnic groups ranging from Fulani, tiv, to yoruba, idoma and Igala.

Now each of this group although are in the same geo-political expression have different aims and ambitions.

In benue, it is normal for ACN to win because of the southern factor

In Kogi, Let me remind you that ACN only won WESTERN KOGI which is a Yoruba strong hold with the help of the ebiras

In kwara, Yoruba is a majority. same goes for cross river because Ibibios are a majority in Lagos.

What else

ACN CAN NOT PRODUCE THE PRESIDENT WITH SUCH attitude you are demonstrating here. No bigot has ever or would ever be a Nigerian president. FACT !!!!

Now that is done, ACN needs to make bonds in the North, Garba is a strong ACN supporter in Sokoto, he is also a well know politican.

ACN also needs to make bonds in the east, which they are doing with the Igbo lagos factor and Anambra

It remains other state.

Think, If Jonathan does not perform this term and Buhari comes 2015 and says "Nigeria this is ur last chance for development" Do you not think He would win

Even if he picks a SS vice. because NO ONE CARES

Sounding like a Bigot would do MUCH MUCH harm than good, take that from me.

already the poster Beaf and his goons have done more harm than good for GEJ

that is why I rather you listen to Akinbi edu's advice keep watching on how things would turn out.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by EkoIle1: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2011
lol @ strong hold in the north, no wonder theACN won in the north and their governors are ACN governos.

The crazy rubbish you read on nl sometimes .
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by aljharem3: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ strong hold in the north, no wonder theACN won in the north and their governors are ACN governos.

The crazy rubbish you read on nl sometimes .

Just because ACN did not win the North does not say otherwise. Maybe I should have used strong presence.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by RDbusiness(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
The Politicking in the north is a blind one, when they wanted to form mega party, Buhari was the first to opt pout and form is own political party and then Atiku returned to his vomit. never mind an Hausa man like where he will be the head even if he lack the leadership qualities. if ACN is a regional party as they calmed then George Akume will not be the minority senate leader or what can we talk about the Boni Aruna from Adamawa, patience is one of the qualities needed in politics. here is it, Buhari lacks the leadership qualities to maintain the Victory that CPC have obtain in the last election, just lets hope that it will not be like the other PPA of ORji Kalu.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
ACN is very strong in those states alj mentioned, including Jigawa. The fact that there are no ACN govs doesn't prove otherwise. We all know how difficult it is to win incumbents. Even in Ogun, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti states, the margin was not much.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Akanbiedu(m): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2011
I smell the good old arrogance again. History has a way of repeating itself.

LOL @ middlebelt.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2011
Datzzzzz rite
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2011
I've said it often that ACN is ASIWAJU CORPORATION OF NIGERIA. Its tinubus business empire with ACN governors serving as MDs and if hes not checkmated soon he may become the richest nigerian
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by PointB: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2011
@topic

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy @ Asiwaju Party of Nigeria (ACN)

But what took Bafarawa so long? cool
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Francis5: 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2011
Hahaha! ACN party of drug pushers, rascals and looters. Do they think Sokoto is SW that they can command as they wish?
ACN, party of Yorubas, does not have much to offer non-Swners. Likewise ACN, as presently constituted, can never lead Nigeria
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by icez: 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2011
That's naija politics for you. cool
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Francis5: 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
afam4eva:

lol at google Nigerian. More like cyber-analyst, without substance. Can he even tell what so-called middle states are held by ACN?
Some folks and their myopia.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Olalekan0(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2011
The ACN is fllooded by PDP old boys;AMOSUN,ARARUME,NGIGE,ATIKU,UDOEHEHE et al, they are by no means different from the PDP.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Beaf: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2011
Olalekan 0:

The ACN is fllooded by PDP old boys;AMOSUN,ARARUME,NGIGE,ATIKU,UDOEHEHE et al, they are by no means different from the PDP.

They certainly have no moral claims and might even be worse.
The greatest divider between ACN and PDP is captured in Bafarawa's words below:

“The effect of what I stated above is that ACN consolidated as a regional party. Those of us from the North wanted to be members of a party with national spread. This unfortunate trend continues till date. Some people feel the party is their personal estate, designed for the amassing of power and wealth to the detriment of members and Nigerians,” Alhaji Bafarawa concluded.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Demdem(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
Pdp - Nest of killers.
ACN is far more a better party. They do Av their issues though.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by EkoIle1: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
lol at a party with national trend. Was he not let into the acn in the same spirit of national trend? The clown obviously meant money trend with the pdp. What a contradictory jack a,s,s.
Re: You Can’t Query Me: Bafarawa To ACN by Francis5: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2011
Demdem= tony one week wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lapo Loan Micro Finance Bank In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn) / GMB Unhappy With PROF Osibanjo Nomination? (check Pics) / Igbo Traditional Council Rushing To Pledge Their Suppprt To Ambode. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.