Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm (33030 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened / Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by 1Sharon(f): 3:41pm On Apr 22
Adakintroy:
Oga make una go sit down with una high moral nonsense. Every business man have right over him business as long as he is paying tax or have operational license. Go open your own and do what you like. Abi na force to give person your money weh no wan take.

Which one be all this territorial nonsense. Na everywhere you go enter?

You sound quite insane.

Can a Nigerian man travel to China, open up a store and restrict Chinese people from entering in their own country?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by 1Sharon(f): 3:42pm On Apr 22
SEGLIZ:
that isn't a public space, it is private space.

God bless you, they own their thing. just like my father runs an estate don't mean I should have access to people's premises. besides weytin Nigerian dey find for Chinese supermarket? shey nah gaari, akpu, edikaikon, or tuwo them dey sell there?
I can't imagine myself entering a Chinese store in Nigeria if nobi sey busibody don catch me.

There are Nigerians that enjoy eating Chinese food and using Chinese ingredients. If they want to buy those products, they should have every right to do so and long as they're paying customers.

If Nigerians weren't frequently visiting, there wouldn't be a need to restrict their entry.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by CJStarz: 3:43pm On Apr 22
ZaRuleOfLaw:

grin Idris didn't even see 50cent. It was the body guards of 50 & they manhandled Idris
Haaaaa, I'm just hearing this version for the first time.
So,bros,abeg give me full details.
U mean say 50 no dey inside the plane or what?
Idris later get up from the seat for him?
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by webizone(m): 3:52pm On Apr 22
DeepSight:

What is wrong with you. A topic is about a Chinese establishment and you have still started this nonsensical tribalistic BS.

You guys are irredeemable.

It may seems so, but when e begin to happen, somebody will remember that I once said it.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Chosimba: 3:58pm On Apr 22
Angelfrost:

Is ShopRite a Public space??!

Is a Ebeano a Public space?!!

Did the government dash Ebeano, SHopRite, Glo, etc land?!!

It's okay to swallow colonial mentality (Neo-colonialism) based on your limited self-esteem, but don't be so vocal about defending what makes no legal or intellectual sense.

No wonder Nigeria remains backward in almost all ramifications... Most of you are not only willing to adapt to nonsense, but even go as far as defending it as sensible and logical.

I'm not debating facts with you. Leave sentiments and use your brain.

Private spaces: Private space might be described as space that is owned and maintained by a single individual, family or institution

Public spaces: A public space is a place that is open and accessible to the general public. Roads, pavements, public squares, parks, and beaches are typically considered public space. To a limited extent, government buildings which are open to the public, such as public libraries, are public spaces, although they tend to have restricted areas and greater limits upon use

You need to learn to argue constructively without coming down to the level of attacking the person rather than the discourse.

Government did not 'dash' any of those people the land their business was built upon AND even if they did, it is STILL private land as it is their property (they now own it).
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Josephkabila12: 4:16pm On Apr 22
alpharoyalty:
This is no different from what Yoruba landlords do in lagos.
They don't rent accomodations to non Yoruba tenants.

Note : I am not ibo. It's just an observation and a note that we should learn to stop discrimination within ourselves first.
Yes The Yoruba Landlord dey him land which is Yoruba land and he's not renting any of his properties to ibos. Go back to your southeast ibo
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Jonjam269: 4:20pm On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Them suppose beat una

Borrow comes with sorrow

You can’t eat your cake and have it

Una don take una pride borrow from China make them pursue una
You lack critical reasoning, it would do you good to stick to your wailing career instead of dabbling into what you don't understand.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Jonjam269: 4:22pm On Apr 22
alpharoyalty:

Note : I am not ibo. It's just an observation and a note that we should learn to stop discrimination within ourselves first.
They don't rent accommodations to non Yoruba and people of different tribes especially igbos keep migrating to South West! Are they residing inside lagoon. You are not smart son!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by maasoap(m): 4:23pm On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Them suppose beat una

Borrow comes with sorrow

You can’t eat your cake and have it

Una don take una pride borrow from China make them pursue una

Meaning? Go and open it now that it has been closed
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by toujurs: 4:25pm On Apr 22
DeepSight:

You are the fool.
Go there and buy, if koboko won't land at your back.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by maasoap(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22
Juwessgratitud3:
Very dumb move. Is it by force to go there. Someone said don't come to my shop you're forcing yourselves on them.

You have to be the dumbest person alive to have said this because it even looked like you really believed what you posted.
The authority that has sense and knows their job and responsibility should take action and do the needful. Fuul

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Adakintroy: 4:28pm On Apr 22
1Sharon:

You sound quite insane.

Can a Nigerian man travel to China, open up a store and restrict Chinese people from entering in their own country?

You sound like. Very scary uneducated person running primarily on sentiment.

Yes I can go over there and and run a private business emphasis on private and make the stipulations on who I want to deal with and if the government approves then am in. Have you ask yourself if they seek approval before operations. If yes why not take it up it the higher authority that approved it. It reeks of weakness when you all get so threatened over nothing. Which business man does not like making money. If they do not want to open and make money how is that ur business. There are many place to go and buy this stuffs. You guys should chill. Too much of race baiting online is getting to you all.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Mrniceguy001: 4:29pm On Apr 22
I blame our useless leaders!
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by maasoap(m): 4:29pm On Apr 22
babajero:
It is called Chinese supermarket for a reason. In America they have Chinatown that is exclusively for the Chinese and their culture.

I believe there are ebeano, blenco and many more indigenous supermarkets in Abuja why not patronize it.

And they equally bar Americans from entering Chinatown? You're not making sense
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by 1Sharon(f): 4:45pm On Apr 22
Adakintroy:

You sound like. Very scary uneducated person running primarily on sentiment.

Yes I can go over there and and run a private business emphasis on private and make the stipulations on who I want to deal with and if the government approves then am in. Have you ask yourself if they seek approval before operations. If yes why not take it up it the higher authority that approved it. It reeks of weakness when you all get so threatened over nothing. Which business man does not like making money. If they do not want to open and make money how is that ur business. There are many place to go and buy this stuffs. You guys should chill. Too much of race baiting online is getting to you all.

You don't know what you're talking about. I think you're projecting and the uneducated one is you.

A supermarket is not a "private business enterprise" it's not a membership club with a subscription. You should know very well that they didn't seek any approval from any government. It's Africa and people get away with all kinds of fuckery. The Chinese knew they could do it too.
There are Chinese supermarkets in the UK and they'd never attempt this, they would be quickly gathered.

Nigerians just don't have the same understanding of racism like disaporan black people. Just look at the name of your country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Wotowotoman: 5:02pm On Apr 22
Juwessgratitud3:

Dumbest question I've ever heard. If you know ikoyi you would know where okotiebor is

That’s how I know you are a born liar. If you really lived there, you would know that it is called Okotie Eboh Street and not Okotiebor. You are sick in the head to be making up this kind of nonsense at your old age. Seek help please.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Juwessgratitud3: 5:04pm On Apr 22
Wotowotoman:

That’s how I know you are a born liar. If you really lived there, you would know that it is called Okotie Eboh Street and not Okotiebor. You are sick in the head to be making up this kind of nonsense at your old age. Seek help please.

After hours of research. You don't even know where it is.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by DCmonster: 5:30pm On Apr 22
Nigerians are the most stvpid people in the world.
They didn't go to verify issues affe ting them directly it's a Chinese Mart that they are worried about fools.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by NEIGHBOUR(m): 5:36pm On Apr 22
Gbadugbakun:
Why are people surprised. Some yourba landlords would openly tell you that they don't want Igbo tenants in their house.

Because after the payment of initial rent, Igbo tenants don't pay rent again. They will tell you to go to court.
We are dealing with one now in Surulere owing four years rent and even had the guts to sublet the BQ to another family and the garage to another person to use as office illegally.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by fabianiyobosa(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22
Jobless people
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by babajero(m): 6:46pm On Apr 22
maasoap:

And they equally bar Americans from entering Chinatown? You're not making sense
everywhere with their own rules.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by babajero(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22
Angelfrost:

In Chinatown, Americans are not allowed to come and transact business?!! Lol! grin

Do research or travel, una say no way!

No wonder foreigners come in here to steal and plunder your resources, yet you shine teeth for them and fight your fellow citizens.

The low self-esteem and ignorance of most you Africans is beyond shameful!
This one you are writing is just sermon, go and force yourself into the Chinese supermarket na.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by babajero(m): 6:57pm On Apr 22
MrPOTUS:

So you think Americans will be restricted if they want to enter the Chinatown.

Use your brain wey inferiority complex no kee u undecided

Black man will always be a black man.

Instead of condemning their oppressors, they make excuses for them and defend them.

Tueh!
zone b, the idiots you chose to worship have sold your destiny and that of your unborn generations to the Chinese and you are here talking about oppressors.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by babajero(m): 6:59pm On Apr 22
DeepSight:

And you went to school?
what difference have you made with the PhD you attained?.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by poseidon12: 7:07pm On Apr 22
Odotech:
Yorubas and Igbos already discriminate against each other so why do we find discrimination strange? Is it because it's coming from the Chinese?

So in Nigeria, in your humble opinion, it is only the Yorubas and Igbos that discriminate against each other right?
The other ethnic groups, including yours do not discriminate right?
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by babajero(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22
papyjaypaul:

You are wrong. Chinatown is not new to the world. Chinese setup this everywhere they go but dem no born dem well to say you cannot shop there. Let's assume that only Chinese can shop there, where are they making the money from? China or homeland Chinatown is Chinese way of preserving their culture and a place to call home when they are abroad, it's like having African stores abroad. Also Chinatown was attacked in USA and they suffered discrimination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spDgVP1-6k?feature=shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyOK9tfEsis?feature=shared
And that same Chinese supermarket that bloggers are touting about will still accept Nigerians and other ethnicities, but the only thing is that they have standards. Just like some night clubs in Nigeria here doesn't accept everybody that comes there, that doesn't mean they are discriminating against Nigerians but they just simply wants to keep a standard.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by babajero(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22
cococandy:
What an ignorant statement
what a foolish response.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by papyjaypaul: 7:20pm On Apr 22
babajero:
And that same Chinese supermarket that bloggers are touting about will still accept Nigerians and other ethnicities, but the only thing is that they have standards. Just like some night clubs in Nigeria here doesn't accept everybody that comes there, that doesn't mean they are discriminating against Nigerians but they just simply wants to keep a standard.

What are the examples of the standards
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by Adakintroy: 7:44pm On Apr 22
1Sharon:

You don't know what you're talking about. I think you're projecting and the uneducated one is you.

A supermarket is not a "private business enterprise" it's not a membership club with a subscription. You should know very well that they didn't seek any approval from any government. It's Africa and people get away with all kinds of fuckery. The Chinese knew they could do it too.
There are Chinese supermarkets in the UK and they'd never attempt this, they would be quickly gathered.

Nigerians just don't have the same understanding of racism like disaporan black people. Just look at the name of your country.

It's a private business Oga at least agree with this first. This is were I doubt your education.thats it clowns a common markets does not make it any less private owned. A public market is what no one own. If it a private market then there are subjective preference for ownership. Go to the public market if you are so piss. no one discriminate there.

Last time I checked this is a free market economy. You cant tell a business ma what policies to operate. Go and start ur own.
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by GOOOGLE504(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22
alpharoyalty:

Don’t generalize..

Many landlords in Lagos love renting house to Igbos (I know a couple and I am one myself), those guys are hustlers and they pay good money and on time. No familiarity or begging for extension, some are even cheerful and generous
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by GOOOGLE504(m): 8:34pm On Apr 22
NEIGHBOUR:

Because after the payment of initial rent, Igbo tenants don't pay rent again. They will tell you to go to court.
We are dealing with one now in Surulere owing four years rent and even had the guts to sublet the BQ to another family and the garage to another person to use as office illegally.

Yeah some are quite unfortunate..
Re: Nigerians Went To The Chinese Supermarket In Abuja To Confirm by MrPOTUS: 9:09pm On Apr 22
babajero:
zone b, the idiots you chose to worship have sold your destiny and that of your unborn generations to the Chinese and you are here talking about oppressors.

No, it's you who chosed to be a slave to your politicians, Chinese and everyone one that oppresses you directly or indirectly.

You even defend them, what a loyal slave you are undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Mohammed Indimi's 70th Birthday Celebration / Tinubu's Daughter Crowned Iyaloja Of Lagos / **We Buy: PAYONEER, SKRILL, PM & NETELLER ETC! Payment is INSTANTA!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.