Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

The Generosity Of The Companions And Their Efforts Of Giving In Charity. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Generosity Of The Companions And Their Efforts Of Giving In Charity. (43 Views)

The Importance Of Giving Sadaqa (charity) / Excellent Story "Camel Given In Charity" By Dr Saleh As-saleh / Prohibition Of Giving Preference To Children Over One Another In Gifts, Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Generosity Of The Companions And Their Efforts Of Giving In Charity. by akinsmail51: 11:33am On Apr 22
‘Abdullaah bin ‘Umar (radhiyallaahu ‘anhumaa)

Naafi’ said: “Ibn ‘Umar (radhiyallaahu ‘anhu) would distribute thirty thousand in a sitting, and then there would come upon him a month in which he would not find a small piece of meat to eat.”

Naafi’ said: “There once came to Ibn ‘Umar twenty odd thousand; and so he did not get up until he had distributed it.”

‘Umar bin Muhammad bin Zaid said from his father that Ibn ‘Umar had a youth he owned under contract of (the price of) forty thousand, and he had left for Koofah where he was working on some donkeys of his until he had managed to contribute fifteen thousand.

So a man came to him and said: “Are you mad? You are here punishing yourself whilst Ibn ‘Umar purchases slaves right and left and then sets them free. Go back to him and say: ‘I am incapable’” (i.e. of paying the rest).

So he (the slave) came to him with a paper and said: “O Abaa ‘Abdir-Rahmaan! I am incapable, and this is my paper (contract), so rub it (the remaining payment) out.’

So he replied: “No, but you rub it out if you want,’ So he rubbed it out, whereupon the eyes of ‘Abdullaah (ibn ‘Umar) became filled with tears, and then he said: “Go, for you are free.”

So he said: “May Allaah rectify you, show excellence to my two sons,” So he replied: “They are both free.”

He said: “May Allaah rectify you, show excellence to the two female slaves who are mothers to my two boys,”

So he said: “They are both free.”[39]

Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa vol 3 p.216 - 218

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Generosity Of The Companions And Their Efforts Of Giving In Charity. by Debangis20(m): 8:30pm On Apr 25
Subhanallah!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

And Has Made Them Safe From Fear / Rights Of Allah / Love – It’s Reality, Principles And Connection With Iman & Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.