Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions (4383 Views)

FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates / Lagos Pegs Entry Age Into JSS1 At 12 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Bulldozer90: 6:01am On Apr 23
Gra gra government. Always repeating what has been enacted.
Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by tete7000(m): 6:02am On Apr 23
No need for this. The world has gone beyond this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Yashita: 6:03am On Apr 23
Good 👍

If you finish at 16, go and learn a tangible skill for 2 years before entering tertiary institution
Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by nedekid: 6:04am On Apr 23
Fighttillvictory:
Nig. seems to be on another dimension and does off point things. So students who finished their secondary school at 15 will have to wait for 3 years before entering uni. Isn't that potential killing
But their own kids will be flown abroad to gain admission and have an early start in life.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by joepentwo(m): 6:06am On Apr 23
Abeg reduce price of food before all This Tori 😟😟😟

Follow my sigi

1 Like

Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Yashita: 6:07am On Apr 23
mrvitalis:
I'm china , USA and other developed countries people are finishing university at 13,14 , 15,

Some even get PhD at 19 , 20 21

Yet we want to Hold our own back till they are 18

Honestly federal government should allow states handle their education system abeg

You guys can keep making minimum age 30 even

If you can pass weac and jamb at the age of 10 I see no reason you should be denied admission honestly

Highest it should be restricted to school close to guiden

Finish university at 13, 14, 15 ke? 🙄

Dey lie small small.
In Asia, you don't finish high school until you're 17 years, not even 16.

And hope you know high school is still secondary school, not university? 🙄
Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Doyin2(m): 6:11am On Apr 23
This minister is an idiot.

You want to change the rules during the game when students have already registered and written the exams, with an officially stated entry age limit minimum of 16yrs ,for all universities?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Danja: 6:14am On Apr 23
Why should your child finish sec school at 15 or 16yrs. The primary school entry age is 6 or 7yrs plus the 12yrs of primary and Secondary schools. This will make a minimum of 18yrs.
Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Ekpekus(m): 6:18am On Apr 23
So students that pass their WAEC/NECO and JAMB before 18 should do what prior to their 18th birthday?

1 Like

Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by kingboy(m): 6:21am On Apr 23
Past government has mentioned this age thing in the past and nothing has changed.
To be honest I have a neighbour who forced his ward to be given double promotion in primary school, he got to secondary school at 9 years of age. When the boy was in JS3 he was 12 years old.
During Japa , the family went to Canada the boy was dragged back to grade 6.
It's expected in developed world that your ward will gain admission into grade 1 not less than 6 years of age.
I feel the government should start from the primary school to restore some sanity.
Re: FG Reinstate 18 As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions by Mynd44: 6:23am On Apr 23

(1) (2)

Can The Sufferings Of Nigerian Students End? / If A Teacher Like This Is Found In Your Class, Will You Miss Class? / How A Lecturer Transformed My Life With One Statement In 2013.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.