Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja (13985 Views)

Abuja Chinese Supermarket Owner Appears Before FCCPC, Store Reopened / Abuja Chinese Supermarket Shuts Doors / Nigerian "Denied Entry" Into A Chinese Supermarket In Abuja (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by BnQoyyim(m): 6:12am On Apr 23
Go and see the psychology, physical and mental traumas the Nigerian are experiencing at those companies.
I experienced these when I went for a SIWES at Lagos.
You will be doubting whether those guys are humans or donkeys.
Meanwhile, majority of those harassing our people possessed an equivalent of secondary school cert and majority of them of them were even illegally smuggled in this country.

3 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by malvisguy212: 6:13am On Apr 23
helinues:

Very good

We now have a proactive government. Fact
if people no raised alarm, the government will not no that supermarket ban Nigeria.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Available9: 6:15am On Apr 23
jmoore:
Was the supermarket setup to even make profit?

How many Chinese dey for Abuja compared to Nigerians?
whether for profit or not, can a Nigerian set up such in China ?

7 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by adecz: 6:20am On Apr 23
Better shut them down & prosecute 😐😐😐

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Yankee101: 6:24am On Apr 23
Awesome
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by malvisguy212: 6:26am On Apr 23
Nlanalyst:
Two words; Thank you.

Why do you think we discriminate against ourselves but we will come together to roast (for instance) any African neighbors who want to mess with us? That we are divided along some needless lines doesn't mean every stupid dick and Harry could trample over us in our own nation. Get a grip.
that is hypocrisy..we don't really love ourselves as we think we do
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Oyindidi(f): 6:28am On Apr 23
Hezzyluv:
Is it that all the while they were not aware of this?

So na today day break?
Wetin you still want, dem don shutam down, Nigerians una too talk!

2 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by DMerciful(m): 6:29am On Apr 23
Tribalism is far worse than racism because racism occurs rarely but tribalism happens consistently in Nigeria.

Racism is done to other people why tribalism is done to fellow compatriots.

Racism does not necessarily affect progress but tribalism inhibits progress. See racism as Arsenal beefing against Chelsea while tribalism as some Arsenal players beefing other Arsenal players in the same team. They can never win! Thats why Nigeria is not winning since 1960!
Nlanalyst:
Two words; Thank you.

Why do you think we discriminate against ourselves but we will come together to roast (for instance) any African neighbors who want to mess with us? That we are divided along some needless lines doesn't mean every stupid dick and Harry could trample over us in our own nation. Get a grip.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by barinedan(m): 6:29am On Apr 23
They should never be allowed to operate again even if the sell the cheapest goods

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Fiscus105(m): 6:31am On Apr 23
budaatum:

What you actually have is a jungle!

A proactive government would properly investigate and gather evidence and seek a court order to shut them down. But since Nigeria does not follow its laws, we just swoop in!

What if this company contests the allegations and is found to not be guilty in court? Would Nigeria not have to compensate them for loss of earnings?

This, alone, is enough to make one suspect they don't ban Nigerians.

Seeking for court order to shut the shop?

Indeed I fear who no fear you, .....even wen enemy wants to bring down the nation, Tinubu must get paper from court first, if it's Obi, everything is right but for Tinubu,all things are wrong.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Bullfallo(m): 6:38am On Apr 23
Maybe they are selling allian food because nothing these Chinese people cannot sell
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by bigiyaro(m): 6:42am On Apr 23
jmoore:
Was the supermarket setup to even make profit?

How many Chinese dey for Abuja compared to Nigerians?
thank you...such locations are under cover for clandestine activities, spy centers, maybe they are tracking american embassy from there, i know such places are under cover for the Chinese govt, if them investigate very well, even the black staffs dont go certain areas or offices inside super market.

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by mrkia(m): 6:46am On Apr 23
helinues:

Na wah for some of you oo.

Alarm was raised about something, government was quick to shut it down, do you know what step that would be followed?
don't mind him jare!!!! Who told him that the mall was shut down without carrying out investigation?. They are just pained we now have a Government that listens
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:01am On Apr 23
After God na government
After government na social media

2 Likes

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Skyehigher1: 7:05am On Apr 23
This Chinese people are doing illegal things inside that place they need thorough investigation
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by 2Radii: 7:06am On Apr 23
budaatum:

A proactive government would properly investigate and gather evidence and seek a court order to shut them down. But since Nigeria does not follow its laws, we just swoop in!

What if this company contests the allegations and is found to not be guilty in court? Would Nigeria not have to compensate them for loss of earnings?

Many if u people talks like millipedes

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by 2Radii: 7:08am On Apr 23
DMerciful:
But its ok when we discriminate against ourselves in the name of tribalism, right?
U suppose don stop this cry??

As u dey go like this, u fit kpain ooh grin
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by DeepSight(m): 7:09am On Apr 23
CrownedPhoenix:
Maybe there's something came covert going on in the background here.

Worth a thought.

I had wondered how they intended to make profit.

There are many outfits in Nigeria owned by foreigners which are a front for illegal businesses such as narcotics or even firearms.

Don't play with Lebanese business men in this regard.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by GiZcorp: 7:09am On Apr 23
budaatum:

Bro pedal down cos you're talking arrant rubbish... If you're in a Abuja you will know that the Chinese have their own community here and go and check the FCCPC act for clarity cos they are well within their rights to have acted they way they did but if e pain you don't hesitate to go to court...
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Bankkym: 7:12am On Apr 23
budaatum:

You will just pickup your phone and be typing rubbish. Have you read the ACT setting up FCCPC passed by the national assembly and signed into law by the president (not Tinubu)? This is a regulatory body for crying out loud like CBN. They Dont need a court order to carry out their duty .

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by DeepSight(m): 7:15am On Apr 23
mrkia:
don't mind him jare!!!! Who told him that the mall was shut down without carrying out investigation?. They are just pained we now have a Government that listens

This has nothing to do with the politicians in power. It's a regulatory function and would proceed likewise under any Government. Indeed the FCCPC has been acting in this manner since inception.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Peppysco: 7:15am On Apr 23
budaatum:

You yarn this big okpata with your full chest, I now for you ooo.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by DMerciful(m): 7:23am On Apr 23
You cannot dispute the fact that tribalism is worse
2Radii:
U suppose don stop this cry??

As u dey go like this, u fit kpain ooh grin
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by superCleanworks(m): 7:28am On Apr 23
We have CONSUMER PROTECTION in this country? Amazing.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Tonytonex(m): 7:28am On Apr 23
Hezzyluv:
Is it that all the while they were not aware of this?

So na today day break?
that's the power of social media.
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by superCleanworks(m): 7:30am On Apr 23
helinues:
Very good
We now have a proactive reactive government. Fact
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by helinues: 7:32am On Apr 23
[quote author=superCleanworks post=129584904][/quote]

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by FBIBOT(m): 7:40am On Apr 23
I doubt it's a real supermarket.... It might be set up to lunder funds or weapons.... The main aim of any businesses outlet is to get patronage from everybody... Even if the dead can patronise they Will gladly sell
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Tzar(m): 7:42am On Apr 23
Excellent move!
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by 2Radii: 7:43am On Apr 23
DMerciful:
You cannot dispute the fact that tribalism is worse
In as much as u re right and correct, I just want to let u know this...

1. Only the poor takes tribalism to the high end and they mostly do that on social media..

E.g. when cubana chief priest(an Igbo guy) was bn tried for money mutilation, Davido (yoruba guy) said "so I won't see u for six month?, noo, never" and he got up to do they do with others to make sure cubana got a bail..nobody wanted to know which tribe u belong to.

2. When Obi cubana was doing his mama burial, u needed to see the calibre of people with substance that donated cash and still present there, nothing concern them with tribalism.. even abba kyari was present.

3. I can count hom many times Gov. Otti has visited lagos state gov for one thing and the other...why didn't otti say no, they are yoruba and I can't relate with them?

But u..yes u.

All what u see is that because Obi did not enter, yoruba are tribalistic, as if obi is the only candidate

Obi is the only candidate that go the highest number of votes from his people/region, yet u re shouting tribalism upandan

People in SE did not vote for anybody apart from obi, but this same obi go some certain of votes from other regions and u re still here to shout tribalism just because 100% of yoruba did not vote for him..

I think it's high time u stopped this and move forward with ur country men either yoruba or hausa, change ur mindset about other tribes and see how useful other tribes can be for you..

Ireo ooh!!

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by DMerciful(m): 7:47am On Apr 23
I did not say Yorubas are tribalistic, I said tribalism is worse than racism.

Both Yorubas and Igbos are tribalistic and this tribalism is at all levels
2Radii:

In as much as u re right and correct, I just want to let u know this...

1. Only the poor takes tribalism to the high end and they mostly do that on social media..

E.g. when cubana chief priest(an Igbo guy) was bn tried for money mutilation, Davido (yoruba guy) said "so I won't see u for six month?, noo, never" and he got up to do they do with others to make sure cubana got a bail..nobody wanted to know which tribe u belong to.

2. When Obi cubana was doing his mama burial, u needed to see the calibre of people with substance that donated cash and still present there, nothing concern them with tribalism.. even abba kyari was present.

3. I can count hom many times Gov. Otti has visited lagos state gov for one thing and the other...why didn't otti say no, they are yoruba and I can't relate with them?

But u..yes u.

All what u see is that because Obi did not enter, yoruba are tribalistic, as if obi is the only candidate

Obi is the only candidate that go the highest number of votes from his people/region, yet u re shouting tribalism upandan

People in SE did not vote for anybody apart from obi, but this same obi go some certain of votes from other regions and u re still here to shout tribalism just because 100% of yoruba did not vote for him..

I think it's high time u stopped this and move forward with ur country men either yoruba or hausa, change ur mindset about other tribes and see how useful other tribes can be for you..

Ireo ooh!!
Re: FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja by Baxilexi(m): 7:47am On Apr 23
Shutting down is being too high handed.

Slam them with a lofty fine and a warning to shut them down in the event of a future reoccurrence.

Hammer and tongs isn’t the only way.

We should remember that other investors are watching. Shutting down businesses at the slightest provocation or misdemeanor is brash.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Continues Free Fall, Depreciates By 11% To N927.19/$ At Official Market / Who Is Shoptomydoor - Are They Real - Will L Get My Goods - See Real Reviews / Online Registration of Company/Business name with Corporate Affairs Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.