Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. (65288 Views)

Nigerian Man Buys A Horse Because Of Lingering Fuel Scarcity (pics/video) / Nigerian Couple Die In Motor Accident One Month After Wedding / What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Digmygold: 10:41pm On Apr 26
cococandy:

Value depreciates? Unless it burns down, I don’t know how that’s possible in this market.

If they lose their livelihoods, wouldn’t it be the same as when a renter loses their livelihood? Except in their case they’ll probably have equity to fall back on which a renter won’t have

Go and sit down. If you aren't a Multi-millionaire buying a house abroad just makes you miserable and you know this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by motionarena: 10:41pm On Apr 26
AfahaAbia:
Paying mortgage for another 30 years sealed!!! Nothing special about this. The worst place to own a home is in Western countries.

At least they can afford to pay for the home
Better pass naija wey full salary no fit stock foodstuffs

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Chetas81(m): 10:42pm On Apr 26
EreluRoz:
Nigerian men only behave well abroad 😂😂😂 if Dem born am well make he hit his wife there make them bundle him back to his village.

Congratulations to them
Nigerian love to misbehaving
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Donaldoni: 10:42pm On Apr 26
Congratulations.

I hope it's not mortgage embarassed
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Eriokanmi: 10:43pm On Apr 26
1Sharon:

Lol.

How many Nigerians buy houses and cars outright?

They don't give loans in Nigeria to buy these things because they don't trust them.

And how are you saying you travel more than them when your passport restricts you from so many places?
Abi how many nigerians dey buy cars on credit you bin wan talk grin

Come and see the rate at which Nigerians throng usa embassy, Canadian embassy, UK embassy etc for visa. You go fear nah. There's money in Nigeria for Nigerians to tour with. I remember a day i went to pick my passport at the DHL office , isolo which was dispatched by the usa embassy after a drop box application. Na that time I know say naija dey travel...no parking space that day. Most of the houses located in the eyebrow areas of our main cities were built outrightly. Our people no like gbese oo. They see it as a taboo lol. You sef know this

Who even goes to bank for loans to buy car? Which bank dey grant loan even with all the requirements being met? Nigerians prefer to buy outrightly. I was encouraging my friend who lives abroad recently to go and get my type of floor tiles. Guess what he said...na big man you be nah, na big man dey do that kain tiles oo. Tell me how many Nigerians live on mortgage? Mortgage that's not even there?

FYI, my passport ( speaking for myself) doesn't restrict me oo and I'm not tired of applying for visa which i always get with ease.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chyzoo4u(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26
Digmygold:

You know nothing. Own a house that will be paid for across 25-30 years? They could lose the mortgage if they fall back on payment. So technically they do not OWN the house yet until the Mortgage is fully paid. Stop trying to fool people Mr "Know All" wey no know jack.

I'll honour you with another reply irrespective of the insults. Do you think you only make money only by working for people or government? Have you ever thought I might have business or an innovation that will make me lots of money?

"Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore, get wisdom and in all thy getting, get understanding."
_ Proverbs 4:7

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by essentialone(m): 10:43pm On Apr 26
How much in Naira terms does it cost to own a house in UK or US?

Presently, I have been able to save about 300 here in Nigeria. Just wondering if it will amount to anything over there.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Donaldoni: 10:44pm On Apr 26
uncleck:
There's something inherently wrong about Nigeria. What you can achieve in 30 years in Nigeria, you can achieve in just 1 year abroad. Let me tell you guys few stories to buttress this point.

There's this my good friend who worked as a senior lab technician in an FMC in Nigeria. He is married with 4 children. Guess what? The upholstery in his rented apartment are all torn. Life wasn't easy till he decided to travel to Europe. Less than 4 years abroad, his entire family has joined him and he now owns a modern duplex in his hometown; something he may never have achieved even after working for 35 years in Nigeria.

There's this other guy I know. He traveled through desert to Libya then to Italy through Mediterranean sea. Six years from the time he embarked on the journey, he is now a big boy doing a lot of things with money and bringing his whole family from poverty. There are many people in this category.

The Nigerian system is designed to make you fail. I can bet with everything I have that 99% of successful people in Nigeria did so illegally. Either through bribery or corruption or kidnapping or bunkery or yahoo yahoo or drug business or armed robbery. Businesses that succeed elsewhere will fail in Nigeria unless you cheat. Every office in Nigeria is used to cheat and extort people. Gift the police 10 new vehicles and see 10 new checkpoints the next day. The way they dedicate their time collecting money from motorists....

My advice to everyone. If no member of your family is abroad, all of you should contribute and send one person...

@bolded
It's of no use if he can't come back to Nigeria regularly to enjoy his duplex.
Also, will it be worth it in terms of tickets etc etc

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Wizpa(m): 10:45pm On Apr 26
EreluRoz:
Nigerian men only behave well abroad 😂😂😂 if Dem born am well make he hit his wife there make them bundle him back to his village.

Congratulations to them

You this F angry angry L
You never still get sense

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by 1Sharon(f): 10:51pm On Apr 26
Eriokanmi:
Abi how many nigerians dey buy cars on credit you bin wan talk grin

Come and see the rate at which Nigerians throng usa embassy, Canadian embassy, UK embassy etc for visa. You go fear nah. There's money in Nigeria for Nigerians to tour with. I remember a day i went to pick my passport at the DHL office , isolo which was dispatched by the usa embassy after a drop box application. Na that time I know say naija dey travel...no parking space that day. Most of the houses located in the eyebrow areas of our main cities were built outrightly. Our people no like gbese oo. They see it as a taboo lol. You sef know this

Who even goes to bank for loans to buy car? Which bank dey grant loan even with all the requirements being met? Nigerians prefer to buy outrightly. I was encouraging my friend who lives abroad recently to go and get my type of floor tiles. Guess what he said...na big man you be nah, na big man dey do that kain tiles oo. Tell me how many Nigerians live on mortgage? Mortgage that's not even there?

FYI, my passport ( speaking for myself) doesn't restrict me oo and I'm not tired of applying for visa which i always get with ease.

You're not refuting my point. They prefer to buy outrightly because they don't have an option not to. Nigeria is still a cash economy they can't be trusted to pay back. When Nigerians travel, they mainly travel to hustle they hardly travel for holidays because they're still in survival mode. Only the rich travel for holidays, the average nigerian doesn't.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by 79733139(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26
MrBrownJay1:
if they both have a full time job, within 24months of good credit, they can easily get a mortgage and buy a house in the UK....nothing special here.
REMEMBER, the house will only truly be "yours" 20/30yrs down the line, after you finish repaying the mortgage (until then, the house belongs to the bank).

If the house increases in value, the mortgage debt stays the same, but their equity (the down payment + mortgage payments) increases, so they can sell the house and buy a less expensive one.
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by SIRTee15: 10:53pm On Apr 26
WhiteWood:

Boy, before you even thought of leaving Nigeria for the UK, I already owned a few properties in the West, all fully paid. While I appreciate the importance of having a place to call home -- I can tell you lack understanding in this matter. My intention is simply to clarify that we should be honest when discussing such matters. The property you currently reside in is not yet truly yours, you are merely occupying it until you can repay at least 80% of the loan used to acquire it. Regarding equity, was the loan you received from the bank interest-free? -- In a few years, when the house is supposedly valued at 250 thousand pounds as you mentioned, will the price of coffee remain the same? Capital NO -- this is not equity as you may have been led to believe, but rather inflation. While I'm happy for you, I believe it's important for you to understand these realities. have a good day.

U don't know what U talking about and I doubt I own property anywhere not to talk of western country.
Where did U get the info U need to pay 80% of your loan b4 the house can be yours...who told U that?
If it's help to buy, once you pay off your equity loan, U can rent the property out and pocket the profit off the rent.

I know people whose mortgage is 600 pounds and they rent their house for 1,300 pounds. Sot down there and be doing bad belle. They are just 5 yrs into their mortgage payment

I know people who bought houses in London for 60k in early 2000s, today those property are over 300k. Which yeye inflation wants to devalue such appreciation.

Pls if U can enter the property market, do so fast. U are already in western country so do as they do.
Drop all those your naija mentality and learn the game here.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Digmygold: 10:54pm On Apr 26
chyzoo4u:

I'll honour you with another reply irrespective of the insults. Do you think you only make money only by working for people or government? Have you ever thought I might have business or an innovation that will make me lots of money?

"Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore, get wisdom and in all thy getting, get understanding."
_ Proverbs 4:7

Why are you taking paracetamol for another man's headache? Na you take up Mortgage come jump on Nairaland to fool innocent Nigerians? Wait until your wife starts making babies and having morning sickness making her unable to hustle or assist you first.

Na Mortgage o, not outright ownership. So don't let you gragra get into your head. You go sweat tire for 25years.
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by ffo(m): 10:58pm On Apr 26
HBB1:

Only broke people show off.
...and it is not to encourage others.
We know how our people do.

Still carry, 'I better pass my beighbour go abroad'

I know people that bought their first houses at 21.
No noise, nothing.

...make big moves silently.

you have inferiority complex, there are people who buy their first home at 40 and take it to SM, people buy house at 18 and celebrate it in SM. Its a normal thing in the western world, but inferiority complex make it look like its "i better pass my neighbor"

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Siberia01(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26
Topman7:

Empty head, Canada has more resources than Nigeria, and has only 38 million people.

''Canada is one of the few developed nations that are net exporters of energy. Atlantic Canada possess vast offshore deposits of natural gas, and Alberta hosts the fourth-largest oil reserves in the world. The vast Athabasca oil sands and other oil reserves give Canada 13 percent of global oil reserves, constituting the world's third or fourth-largest. Canada is additionally one of the world's largest suppliers of agricultural products; the Canadian Prairies region is one of the most important global producers of wheat, canola, and other grains. The country is a leading exporter of zinc, uranium, gold, nickel, platinoids, aluminum, steel, iron ore, coking coal, lead, copper, molybdenum, cobalt, and cadmium.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada

(And there he was thinking his white gods were magically producing wealth out of nothing.. SMH..)
What ever canada has
Nigeria has times 100 of It....
Why should Nigerians breed like rats
Stop with the excuses...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by soccerlite: 10:59pm On Apr 26
AfahaAbia:
Paying mortgage for another 30 years sealed!!! Nothing special about this. The worst place to own a home is in Western countries.

Funny

You want everywhere to be a crook society like nigeria where fraudsters, yahoo, political thieves build house

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Siberia01(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26
cococandy:
It’s high ignorance to laugh at mortgage.

The highest of ignorant behaviors actually
Abeg shift
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by soccerlite: 11:00pm On Apr 26
Siberia01:

What ever canada has
Nigeria has times 100 of It....
Why should Nigerians breed like rats
Stop with the excuses...

Afi 100x

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by peterboro: 11:04pm On Apr 26
Mindlog:

Buy a house in the UK in one year, working as what? cheesy

He said 2 and half years.
It's possible. him and his wife.
They only paid mortgage deposit and they will finish paying in 5 or 10years time. depending...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Benjamin4388(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26
cococandy:

Value depreciates? Unless it burns down, I don’t know how that’s possible in this market.

If they lose their livelihoods, wouldn’t it be the same as when a renter loses their livelihood? Except in their case they’ll probably have equity to fall back on which a renter won’t have.

If I have $300k in equity, I’m in a better position to lose my job than a renter. I can sell and invest the profit while renting. There is HELOC that you can tap into while looking for another job.
Renters do not have that kind of security unless they have other investments.

Home ownership is investment

you suppose know bad belle people when you encounter them.. I hope this cuts across all countries not only Nigerians because it so sad

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by hardbody: 11:08pm On Apr 26
chyzoo4u:

I don't know about that, I just shared someone's story then emphasized that I can make enough money to buy a house in a year once I step into UK.

Lol. Once you step into UK? Step there first then come back and let's talk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Benjamin4388(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26
HBB1:

Only broke people show off.
...and it is not to encourage others.
We know how our people do.

Still carry, 'I better pass my beighbour go abroad'

I know people that bought their first houses at 21.
No noise, nothing.

...make big moves silently.

there is a lot to learn investment and business wise about the story that far supersede this so so called show off you talking about. if you only you are willing to see

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by thadotech(m): 11:10pm On Apr 26
Congratulations fam. I tap from your grace!
chyzoo4u:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/tCf3FNt9Mh8Zod5Y/?mibextid=oFDknk

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Benjamin4388(m): 11:12pm On Apr 26
motionarena:

At least they can afford to pay for the home
Better pass naija wey full salary no fit stock foodstuffs

even celebs that are citizens of the said countries does this too with their house and cars.. Nigeria and bad belle na 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by 99thEnemy(m): 11:14pm On Apr 26
EreluRoz:

Congratulations to them
If you happen to get married . let me know so I will advice your husband about the 95% chance of him becoming homeless if he moves you as a dependent liability to the western world and ever show a slight disregard of his anointed simpleton status. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by chopnaira: 11:15pm On Apr 26
ukaface:
Mortgage

Am I the only person that doesn’t like the idea of mortgage? Paying for a house for the next 30 yrs, I want to own the house immediately. What if I don’t feel like working for the next 30 years, or I want to stop working after 10 years? Because of mortgage I will na stay hooked.
Then the bank will take over the house or you sell and move.
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Coolgent(m): 11:17pm On Apr 26
chyzoo4u:
If you know your onions just like myself (yes, I'm bragging), you can own a house within a year in the UK unlike some discouraging stories some people like to tell.
What is the total cost of an average house?
Thanknyou
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by adecz: 11:18pm On Apr 26
Congrats..

However, you are Nigerians
not British..

What's the joy of a house wey be say
na only you, husband and children dey
inside.

No relations to come and see you &
laugh , fraternized& eat with you.

Oyibo culture is too quiet, dull and
lonely.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Laple0541(m): 11:18pm On Apr 26
chyzoo4u:

I don't know about that, I just shared someone's story then emphasized that I can make enough money to buy a house in a year once I step into UK.

Even if you’re doing wire wire, you can’t in one year!
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Burgerlomo: 11:18pm On Apr 26
Congratulations 👍
Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Kingrshd3: 11:20pm On Apr 26
Mindlog:

Buy a house in the UK in one year, working as what? cheesy

Na big 419 job no mind them and they won't disclose it..

Instead they will use it to say Nigeria Is worst on earth

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Couple Buys A House 2 And Half Years Of Moving To UK. by Beautifulday: 11:20pm On Apr 26
EreluRoz:

Congratulations to them

Nonsense talk! So nah every Nigerian man dey beat him wife for Nigeria?

See reasoning faculty nah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

8 People On A Motorcycle On Highway In Kano State. Photos / Kigali, UN Most Beautiful City In Africa / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.