Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market (20931 Views)

Naira Depreciates By ₦‎81/$ At Foreign Exchange Market / Naira Continues Appreciation Against USD At Forex Market / Naira Depreciation: USD Supply Drops By 42% At FOREX Market Despite Binance Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by RealTrump: 7:23am On Apr 23
femicyrus:
.is it better to keep foreign reserve while poor people are dying of hunger and inflation?
Or the reserve should be used to alleviate the sufferings of the masses in the interim pending when the economy will pickup to save again?

Saudi also defined their currency but unlike you, their reserve is $1.5T. According to nairametrics, CBN is burned $2B in approximately 1 month, in how many weeks will we finish a paltry reserve of $32B?

Mind you, they have collected plenty debt against that reserve, they still collected $2B days ago.

Sadly for your type, Propaganda can't be used to bring down the dollar.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by paramakina202: 7:33am On Apr 23
Defending naira against the dollar is like defending Tinubu's Chicago certificate.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by RealTrump: 7:34am On Apr 23
Tetraozonaitera:

Guy, use your head.
I always jump over your senseless posts but today you deserve a word from me.
For your information, I am Yoruba. From Osun state. Same state as Tinubu.

iI'm not saying its bad to support a government.
Nothing is bad in doing that.
But do it with the fear of God.
When a government you love performs badly be sincere enough to say it.
All these you are doing will affect your coming generations. I mean your children and your children's children.
When your children start groaning I hope you will be bold enough to tell them you were a part of the making of their pains.

Stop wasting your time on that guy, he is only doing his 30k job which he finally confirmed yesterday. A job is a job cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by femicyrus(m): 7:34am On Apr 23
RealTrump:

Saudi also defined their currency but unlike you, their reserve is $1.5T. According to nairametrics, CBN is burned $2B in approximately 1 month, in how many weeks will we finish a paltry reserve of $32B?

Mind you, they have collected plenty debt against that reserve, they still collected $2B days ago.

Your type prefer Nigerians who are poor to rather die instead of the foreign reserve to be depleted.
You need a psychiatrist evaluation of your wickedness.
To you, everything is politics.

Rice is becoming cheaper, that does not matter because the poor should
not breathe?
You think we care about who the president is or his political party and his policies?
The poor should breathe!
No matter how it is done, it does not matter

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Ritchiee: 7:55am On Apr 23
RealTrump:

lol
Is nairametrics CBN?
The reserve went down because of FX backlogs including airline backlogs settled.
Abi the about $12 billion obligation paid were taken from nairametrics yansh?
Cardoso had already debunked the lie.

I remember that Obasanjo left 65 billion dollars but Jonathan left 30 billion dollars for Buhari,What did they defend with $35 billion of Nigerian reserve even with the gigantic,humongous FX Nigeria was making.

My joy is a couple of things are getting cheaper.
I was surprise to hear yesterday that a derica of rice..maybe Nigerian...that was selling for #1200 now sells for #900.
Nobody told me,I saw it myself at Mile 12.

1 kg of gas was sold at Ogudu for #1200 yesterday.
Diesel price has gone down exponentially.
It will trickle down and enemies of Nigeria and the people will be shamed.
This is what the masses need.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Splashme: 7:56am On Apr 23
Lol
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by grandstar(m): 7:57am On Apr 23
The true value of the Naira sits between 1,300-1,400 based on present fundamentals. Anything stronger will harm the economy. It seems Tinubu is more perturbed about a loss of face over a dwindling Naira than accepting reality.

The nation needs to reinvent it. The dependence on crude oil sales for the bulk of the countryš forex is a scourge and needs to end.

The focus now should be an "export or perish" mantra. The desperate clinging to a strong Naira policy will adversely affect exports growth.

The government's goal should be to triple exports within 10 years, the majority being non-oil.

It can only achieve this by deregulating the price of petrol which will induce massive investment into the downstream sector of the economy which has for long suffered a dearth of investment due to the subsidizing of fuel.

Next, should be the deregulation of electricity prices. Let's Discos charge cost reflective tariffs, so huge investments will flood into power generation and distribution to ensure ample power supply for new factories and businesses popping up.

Next should be the lowering of companies tax to less than 20%. Low corporate taxes have positive transformative economic as they lead to a surge in investments, both foreign and local boosting economic growth to the heavens. It's what many Central European countries in the EU have long implemented and with superb results.

More reforms are needed but this should be a start.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by OALandAgents: 8:02am On Apr 23
The depreciation that has been doing push-ups is starting - brace yourselves sad

Tinubu only knows how to show shege sad
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by heysquare(m): 8:04am On Apr 23
LagosFirstSon:

You're known for always supporting a failure . From buhari to Tinubu.

They wrote naira depreciated but you ha to derail the thread to hide tinubu incompetence.

Tinubu has been accused of using our foreign reserves to patch patch the naira to appreciate to dollars but still didn't work . Guy, why do you like supporting failures like your entire existence depends on supporting failures ?
What is your foreign reserves meant for? Is it for embezzlement if not to defend your currency. And you people continue shouting that the reserve is depleting when NNPCL has not been remitting any money for a while now because they've sold crude oil in advance and the contract will only expired by June before they could even supply Dangote and other interested buyer and then they will have more remittance to the reserve
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Ritchiee: 8:04am On Apr 23
grandstar:
The true value of the Naira sits between 1,300-1,400 based on present fundamentals. Anything stronger will harm the economy. It seems Tinubu is more perturbed about a loss of face over a dwindling Naira than accepting reality.

The nation needs to reinvent it. The dependence on crude oil sales for the bulk of the countryš forex is a scourge and needs to end.

The focus now should be an "export or perish" mantra. The desperate clinging to a strong Naira policy will adversely affect exports growth.

The government's goal should be to triple exports within 10 years, the majority being non-oil.

It can only achieve this by deregulating the price of petrol which will induce massive investment into the downstream sector of the economy which has for long suffered a dearth of investment due to the subsidizing of fuel.

Next, should be the deregulation of electricity prices. Let's Discos charge cost reflective tariffs, so huge investments will flood into power generation and distribution to ensure ample power supply for new factories and businesses popping up.

Next should be the lowering of companies tax to less than 20%. Low corporate taxes have positive transformative economic as they lead to a surge in investments, both foreign and local boosting economic growth to the heavens. It's what many Central European countries in the EU have long implemented and with superb results.

Bookmark this.
Naira will appreciate drastically soon.
Things will get cheaper when it does.
We want two digits not three for succour to come to the downtrodden.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by RealTrump: 8:08am On Apr 23
Ritchiee:

lol
Is nairametrics CBN?
The reserve went down because of FX backlogs including airline backlogs settled.
Abi the about $12 billion obligation paid were taken from nairametrics yansh?
Cardoso had already debunked the lie.

I remember that Obasanjo left 65 billion dollars but Jonathan left 30 billion dollars for Buhari,What did they defend with $35 billion of Nigerian reserve even with the gigantic,humongous FX Nigeria was making.

My joy is a couple of things are getting cheaper.
I was surprise to hear yesterday that a derica of rice..maybe Nigerian...that was selling for #1200 now sells for #900.
Nobody told me,I saw it myself at Mile 12.

1 kg of gas was sold at Ogudu for #1200 yesterday.
Diesel price has gone down exponentially.
It will trickle down and enemies of Nigeria and the people will be shamed.
This is what the masses need.

Cardoso himself said at an IMF event that he was defending the naira but said it was "unintentional," but you are here saying the CBN governor himself was wrong cheesy

Whatever wants to happen, let it happen. Naija cannot scare me again, I could care less

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by tnerro1(m): 8:11am On Apr 23
I just want it to come down to 500 so we can buy and keep before the election season starts, Nigerian politicians will sure to make it go up😁
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Bennycollins: 8:25am On Apr 23
helinues:

Stop surrounding yourself with too much negativity.

Rejected at his home state yet your president today, which awada keri Keri are you talking about. Why can't the person who won his home state be the Nigeria president today?

Una emotional blackmailing is just so stale
Because he snatched and ran away with power, do you understand now?
The reason we are suffering now: he vowed to punish us for rejecting him if he wriggled his way to power. But my joy is that you his supporters are not exempted. Are you?
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by LordAdam16: 8:41am On Apr 23
grandstar:

Tinubu and co wanted a desperate win.
Otherwise the stars aligned perfectly for them to gradually lower the rate over the next 8 months to 1200 and possibly 1000 by mid next year.
But the clowns lacking foresight did their usual fire brigade nonsense and wasted the golden opportunity.

Liquidity was up. FPIs finally bit the bullet. Investment appetite was slowly returning. The vast majority of the major international houses backed a resurgence. The international development institutions greenlit the policies. And yet, somehow they royally f*cked up this gift.

This is on Cardoso! He claims to be independent but he let the politicians pressure him into an unforced error.
Would it really be so bad if the rate was currently 1400-1500 and our reserve was growing? And in the pipeline were the $2B WB loan, $6+ Eurobond, and 3 entire quarters of at least $2B per quarter in FPIs. If they'd simply kept it cool for the next two quarters, all of those FDI commitments would have started materializing by Q4.

In the interim, they'd have kept up with the SAP and tax reforms. These will boost the fundamentals (government revenue is up btw) and we'd have quite some time to properly orchestrate and put in motion a holistic program to boost exports massively.

But now the entire planet has caught them being naughty and they risk derailing whatever tiny progress they'd made in early Q1.
Investors skipping us for Egypt and liquidity in the official market falling back to last year levels. They better pray these bad numbers and perception are transient.

-Lord

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Donaldoni: 8:43am On Apr 23
Good news for piiiigggs cheesy

But this is a temporary slip, trust me. smiley
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by mikywonder(m): 8:44am On Apr 23
Dollar is never our problem
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Kukutenla: 8:50am On Apr 23
grandstar:

How did you arrive at 1300 to 1400 figure?
What are the fundamentals?
You also seem to imply that raising cost of living and doing business will push us closer to an exporting nation. How will that work?
How does business thrive in an environment where purchasing power is abysmal and there's less incentive to save or invest
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by NothingDoMe: 8:53am On Apr 23
Lol. Old news.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Daystar7: 8:53am On Apr 23
femicyrus:

Your type prefer Nigerians who are poor to rather die instead of the foreign reserve to be depleted.
You need a psychiatrist evaluation of your wickedness.
To you, everything is politics.

Rice is becoming cheaper, that does not matter because the poor should
not breathe?
You think we care about who the president is or his political party and his policies?
The poor should breathe!
No matter how it is done, it does not matter

This sounds stupid and cunny.
Y'all criticized Emefiele for defending the Naira which made the poor breath excluding his principal Buhari from the criticism, today they went back to the same thing y'all criticized Emefiele for and it's letting the poor breath huh? Who una dey deceive? Price of rice is coming down so we should dance? How much was it before this demonic party took over? Didn't they criticize the price of a bag of rice at #8k? Evil doers all of you and y'all doom is near
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Kukutenla: 8:55am On Apr 23
heysquare:

What is your foreign reserves meant for? Is it for embezzlement if not to defend your currency. And you people continue shouting that the reserve is depleting when NNPCL has not been remitting any money for a while now because they've sold crude oil in advance and the contract will only expired by June before they could even supply Dangote and other interested buyer and then they will have more remittance to the reserve
These are lies
Nnpc is remitting
Nnpc supplied Dangote
Nnpc did not sell crude in advance
Nnpc had 13 cargoes looking for buyers as at last week

3 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by tunddy(m): 8:56am On Apr 23
Unlock the potential of your business with hassle-free CAC registration services! From incorporation to post-registration filings, we've got you covered. Let us handle the paperwork while you focus on growing your business. Contact us today! #CACRegistration #BusinessGrowth"

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Dynamicboss: 8:58am On Apr 23
Tetraozonaitera:

Guy, use your head.
I always jump over your senseless posts but today you deserve a word from me.
For your information, I am Yoruba. From Osun state. Same state as Tinubu.

iI'm not saying its bad to support a government.
Nothing is bad in doing that.
But do it with the fear of God.
When a government you love performs badly be sincere enough to say it.
All these you are doing will affect your coming generations. I mean your children and your children's children.
When your children start groaning I hope you will be bold enough to tell them you were a part of the making of their pains.

As a fellow Yoruba, that guy matter don tire me. It’s pointless to have a conversation with him.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Nastymods: 9:07am On Apr 23
More than 60
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Ritchiee: 9:12am On Apr 23
RealTrump:

Cardoso himself said at an IMF event that he was defending the naira but said it was "unintentional," but you are here saying the CBN governor himself was wrong cheesy

Whatever wants to happen, let it happen. Naija cannot scare me again, I could care less
lol
You can lie sha.
I don't know why you people lie so brazingly. shocked
The videos of the interview are on YouTube.
Even news tabloids carried the news.

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by femicyrus(m): 9:38am On Apr 23
Daystar7:

This sounds stupid and cunny.
Y'all criticized Emefiele for defending the Naira which made the poor breath excluding his principal Buhari from the criticism, today they went back to the same thing y'all criticized Emefiele for and it's letting the poor breath huh? Who una dey deceive? Price of rice is coming down so we should dance? How much was it before this demonic party took over? Didn't they criticize the price of a bag of rice at #8k? Evil doers all of you and y'all doom is near
Just go through what you wrote and listen to yourself.
You are happy seeing dollar going above #2000 because your principal came 3rd in a presidential election?
You wanted all Nigerians to suffer as a result?
Anything done to solve any problem in Nigeria, you will kick against it because Obi failed?
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Donedeal1(m): 9:43am On Apr 23
helinues:

Tell us one major thing you have supported on this forum for the past 8 years that came close to reality. I no ask for two oo, just one

You no even dey get shame upon how you have been casted on this forum.

See as how he wrote rubbish all in the name of attacking unnecessarily
When someone is programmed and wired to negativity, he will even hate people for standing for positive and progress. So it did not matter if he never won(who even want negative to win) So let him satisfy himself by looking for failure.

Shior
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by edungene7: 9:43am On Apr 23
helinues:
Which one is again? Didn't it gain over the weekend?

See as how the op make the headline look like the loosing has been consistent
Are you this shameless
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by edungene7: 9:46am On Apr 23
femicyrus:

Just go through what you wrote and listen to yourself.
You are happy seeing dollar going above #2000 because your principal came 3rd in a presidential election?
You wanted all Nigerians to suffer as a result?
Anything done to solve any problem in Nigeria, you will kick against it because Obi failed?
You are in a state of confusion you need to see a psychiatrist ASAP
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by femicyrus(m): 9:47am On Apr 23
grandstar:

People like you are the reason many children go to bed without food in Nigeria.
Deregulate
Privatize
Remove subsidy
Export
Etc.
Which one have they not done?
See how much CBN invested in rice production for export, what is the result?
Privatize NEPA, what is the result?
Remove subsidy for petrol, what is the result?

When are you going to wake up from this wickedness towards the poor masses?

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Victor468: 9:55am On Apr 23
NO MORE SCHOOL FEES, IT HAS BEEN SPONSORED!!!
Great news to parents and their children.
You can now send your children to a good school in any part of your state; the fees will be paid on your behalf yearly.
WHAT TO KNOW:
1. Registration: From ages 1 – 17 is eligible
2. Registration form: N10,000 per child.
3. Available fund yearly: N600,000 per child.
4. Maturity of fund: 12 months.
5. Duration of sponsorship: when the child attains 18 years.
6. 7. Mode of payment: School fees are paid directly to the school account upon verification.
7. Mode of registration: Online and offline.
8. Limited slots available.
For more information: Call/whatsapp 07031909448.
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by Bimpe29: 9:58am On Apr 23
longetivity:
It will bounce back stronger.
Sure
Re: Naira Depreciates By N64 Against Dollar At FOREX Market by femicyrus(m): 10:00am On Apr 23
edungene7:
You are in a state of confusion you need to see psychiatrist ASAP
The destiny of this country is not tied to Obi.
The earlier you all wake from this into reality the better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Imports Crude As NNPCL Swaps Oil For Loans / Do Not EVER Invest Into Hauling Business In Nigeria........reasons...... / Bode Agusto Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.