Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. (682 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Apr 29
FatherChrismas:

No I'm not dense. That's why I know the the septuagint is documented in Greek.
Of what value is the septuigant to this conversation then? undecided
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by FatherChrismas: 10:48pm On Apr 29
Kobojunkie:
Of what value is the septuigant to this conversation then? undecided

You don't understand why christ followers are called Christians. And I used the source (Greek septuagint) to enlighten you
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Kobojunkie: 10:54pm On Apr 29
FatherChrismas:
■ You don't understand why christ followers are called Christians. And I used the source (Greek septuagint) to enlighten you
I see now that you are just interested in arguing for the sake of arguing, so I will leave you to it then! lipsrsealed
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by ErnestNc: 9:39am On Apr 30
Geist:

Lolz people never prayed before Jesus Christ? Or what exactly makes anything outside exactly how Jesus Christ himself prayed wrong?

The whole bible or history before the arrival of Jesus, which Includes the law , taught men and schooled them on how to live a life that pleased God .

This program was a temporal one and a shadow of what is to come , on waiting for the arrival of the one who would then teach men the true and final way that would please God .

The ways Daniel prayed, Abraham or Aaron sacrificed would no longer be regarded as a methodology of approaching God, because the messiah is the one who would teach men what to do, to approach God. This is the whole essence of the bible ; the salvation through Christ .

Christ came and taught us how to pray, he taught that he was the sacrifice , the bread of life and only true way to God . This never invalidated the scriptures but clearly interpreted all the symbolism it portrayed.

Any method you're applying on how to approach God or methods from other sources that Jesus nor the apostles approved of, neither did they instruct, is a doctrine of devils .

The Catholic practice which involves bowing and praying to Mary, or using rosaries as a medium for prayer , my friend , is a foundation of demonic practice as none of the apostles ever did such , and the catholic church home of apostates.

I'm in no way abusing the catholic faith , but it is blasphemous to ever say that the catholic faith was the foundation for the Christian faith that Jesus and his apostles passed on , as the margin in the differences are too wide. Catholism is an alien practice , unknown or untraceable to Christ and true christians.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:36am On May 08
achorladey:

The bold definitely true.

yeah life happened. Time for long arguments with people who have already solidified their misconceptions gradually dissappeared

1 Like

Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28am On May 08
ErnestNc:

The whole bible or history before the arrival of Jesus, which Includes the law , taught men and schooled them on how to live a life that pleased God .

This program was a temporal one and a shadow of what is to come , on waiting for the arrival of the one who would then teach men the true and final way that would please God .

The ways Daniel prayed, Abraham or Aaron sacrificed would no longer be regarded as a methodology of approaching God, because the messiah is the one who would teach men what to do, to approach God. This is the whole essence of the bible ; the salvation through Christ .

Christ came and taught us how to pray, he taught that he was the sacrifice , the bread of life and only true way to God . This never invalidated the scriptures but clearly interpreted all the symbolism it portrayed.

Any method you're applying on how to approach God or methods from other sources that Jesus nor the apostles approved of, neither did they instruct, is a doctrine of devils .

The Catholic practice which involves bowing and praying to Mary, or using rosaries as a medium for prayer , my friend , is a foundation of demonic practice as none of the apostles ever did such , and the catholic church home of apostates.

I'm in no way abusing the catholic faith , but it is blasphemous to ever say that the catholic faith was the foundation for the Christian faith that Jesus and his apostles passed on , as the margin in the differences are too wide. Catholism is an alien practice , unknown or untraceable to Christ and true christians.

It always fascinates me how protestants are able to speak so confidently to criticize stuff they know nothing about.

You are so sure that asking mary to join in intercession and using icons ar NOT the christian faith that Jesus and the apostles passed on yet every Christian church that was founded by the apostles and hold the teaching that the apostles delivered to them, whether it is the Greek orthodox church in antioch and Alexandria, the Syriac orthodox church in Jerusalem, The Catholic Church in Rome, Whatever the church that you name that was founded by the apostles all teach, practice and believe that it is right and Christian to have icons in the church, that it is right and Christian to ask mary and the apostles to join us in prayers. ALL OF THEM, not a single one of the historical apostolic churches think different.
In fact the paintings of images in the church and the records of christians asking mary to pray for them is older than the earliest complete copy we have of the new testament.
So when someone whose church began less than 100 years ago by a man who never saw any of the apostles, who never sat under the apostles to hear to fullness of their teaching, who never appeared in their liturgy 2000 years ago, but simply take books that they wrote to churches that they had already taught and then believes he knows more of what the apostles passed on than the very churches they taught that have existed for 2000 years based on some human interpretation, when i see protestants do that, I always say, what kind of arrogance is that
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by ErnestNc: 3:49pm On May 08
Ubenedictus:

It always fascinates me how protestants are able to speak so confidently to criticize stuff they know nothing about.

You are so sure that asking mary to join in intercession and using icons ar NOT the christian faith that Jesus and the apostles passed on yet every Christian church that was founded by the apostles and hold the teaching that the apostles delivered to them, whether it is the Greek orthodox church in antioch and Alexandria, the Syriac orthodox church in Jerusalem, The Catholic Church in Rome, Whatever the church that you name that was founded by the apostles all teach, practice and believe that it is right and Christian to have icons in the church, that it is right and Christian to ask mary and the apostles to join us in prayers. ALL OF THEM, not a single one of the historical apostolic churches think different.
In fact the paintings of images in the church and the records of christians asking mary to pray for them is older than the earliest complete copy we have of the new testament.
So when someone whose church began less than 100 years ago by a man who never saw any of the apostles, who never sat under the apostles to hear to fullness of their teaching, who never appeared in their liturgy 2000 years ago, but simply take books that they wrote to churches that they had already taught and then believes he knows more of what the apostles passed on than the very churches they taught that have existed for 2000 years based on some human interpretation, when i see protestants do that, I always say, what kind of arrogance is that

It's hard to read and digest what you've constructed without punctuation.

I'm of no protestant faction , neither do I belog to any christian denomination. Even the practices of pentecostalism, Jehovah witness, Mormon and the rest are dead on arrival. I'm of the simple belief , strictly in Jesus and his finished works. Any other doctrine that was not emphasized by Jesus or his apostles is a doctrine of devils. There are no true apostles today . The 12 and Paul have given us the words of Jesus by their witness and testimony. The prophets have also spoken about Jesus and their words came from God. The only thing we need to do is believe , as Jesus said.

Also, praying to Mary to intercede for you is the practice of necromancy and it's abominable and condemned by Yahuha/Yahweh the mighty God.
The living and the dead have nothing in common and they cannot hear you or know what you're doing , cuz after death is judgment. Shalom.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:04pm On May 08
ErnestNc:

It's hard to read and digest what you've constructed without punctuation.

I'm of no protestant faction , neither do I belog to any christian denomination. Even the practices of pentecostalism, Jehovah witness, Mormon and the rest are dead on arrival. I'm of the simple belief , strictly in Jesus and his finished works. Any other doctrine that was not emphasized by Jesus or his apostles is a doctrine of devils. There are no true apostles today . The 12 and Paul have given us the words of Jesus by their witness and testimony. The prophets have also spoken about Jesus and their words came from God. The only thing we need to do is believe , as Jesus said.

Also, praying to Mary to intercede for you is the practice of necromancy and it's abominable and condemned by Yahuha/Yahweh the mighty God.
The living and the dead have nothing in common and they cannot hear you or know what you're doing , cuz after death is judgment. Shalom.
Then you don't know what necromancy is.
The word necromancy comes from the greek "nekromanteia," which is a combination of 2 words, first nekros which means dead body, and second manteia which means divination or foretelling the future. To claim catholics and orthodox and all the apostolic churches practice necromancy, you need to show that they are doing divination or trying to foretell the future. Catholics, orthodox and all the apostolic churches do not do that.

However, if you think anyone who talks to those who are alive with God but nolonger on earth are necromancers, then maybe you wish to accuse Jesus of necromancy since he was busy talking to Moses.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by ErnestNc: 5:39pm On May 08
Ubenedictus:

Then you don't know what necromancy is.
The word necromancy comes from the greek "nekromanteia," which is a combination of 2 words, first nekros which means dead body, and second manteia which means divination or foretelling the future. To claim catholics and orthodox and all the apostolic churches practice necromancy, you need to show that they are doing divination or trying to foretell the future. Catholics, orthodox and all the apostolic churches do not do that.

However, if you think anyone who talks to those who are alive with God but nolonger on earth are necromancers, then maybe you wish to accuse Jesus of necromancy since he was busy talking to Moses.

That's where you all miss it. JESUS is God and before God there's no dead. He's not the God of the dead. You don't know your scriptures. Any other person in the scripture who tried to contact the dead met a fatal fate.

Also necromancy doesn't just involve predicting the future but it's basically about contacting the dead in order to influence the future or predict it. Praying to Mary so she can Intercede on your behalf in order to be at peace with God and avoid your damnable fate is actually necromancy, or else why would you communicate to the dead through prayer ?

True believers pray to God in the name of Jesus and not to the dead sir. Jesus never said " to approach God , you have to pray through my mother" , rather he said " no man can come to the father except through me ".
Catholics are one of those who are under a strong delusion in the last days as Paul spoke in 2nd thessalonians .

Again , the meaning of necromancy

Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On May 08
Ubenedictus:
∆ However, if you think anyone who talks to those who are alive with God but nolonger on earth are necromancers, then maybe you wish to accuse Jesus of necromancy since he was busy talking to Moses.
According to Jesus Christ, God --- YHWH -- is God of the living and not God of the dead. Moses is instead among those who sleep in their graves. lipsrsealed

P.S. Not interested in holding brief for anyone here. undecided
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by btoks: 8:24am On May 11
Ubenedictus:

yeah life happened. Time for long arguments with people who have already solidified their misconceptions gradually dissappeared

True, same here.
It doesn't seem like there are many arguments these days unlike years before.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:58am On May 14
btoks:

True, same here.
It doesn't seem like there are many arguments these days unlike years before.
See how i have gone and pcked up another argument for absolutely no reason.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:09pm On May 14
Kobojunkie:
According to Jesus Christ, God --- YHWH -- is God of the living and not God of the dead Moses is instead among those who sleep in their graves. lipsrsealed

P.S. Not interested in holding brief for anyone here. undecided

The bold is exactly the issue, that we are in Christ and in him there is no such thing as "the dead", all who have gone before us in faith are all in him. Hebrews put it more clearly as we been surrounded by such great a cloud of witnesses. Where protestants see "the dead", Catholics, orthodox, ethiopian and assyriain christians (in fact the entire apostolic churches) will tell you that those are simply our brothers in Christ with whom in Christ we have communion as members of the same body.
And this is where there is divergence, the apostolic and ancient churches believe in "the communion of the saints" which means that all who are in Christ alive or in heaven are united together as one body and have communion of care and charity, and the protestants have not developed their theology enough to know that right now as I speak there are elders in heaven offering to God the incense of my prayers and when i invites christians to join me in prayer I may very well invite those in heaven because they are a cloud of witnesses around me.

This is something anyone who has an internet connection can investigate, if you hate catholics feel free to insult them and throw their witness away, but that leaves you with every historic and ancient church established by the apostles, why do they all believe this? Investigate it and maybe you'll realise that the term "body of Christ" used in scripture has a deeper and more profound meaning for Christians than your pastors have taught you.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:15pm On May 14
ErnestNc:

That's where you all miss it. JESUS is God and before God there's no dead. He's not the God of the dead. You don't know your scriptures. Any other person in the scripture who tried to contact the dead met a fatal fate.

Also necromancy doesn't just involve predicting the future but it's basically about contacting the dead in order to influence the future or predict it. Praying to Mary so she can Intercede on your behalf in order to be at peace with God and avoid your damnable fate is actually necromancy, or else why would you communicate to the dead through prayer ?

True believers pray to God in the name of Jesus and not to the dead sir. Jesus never said " to approach God , you have to pray through my mother" , rather he said " no man can come to the father except through me ".
Catholics are one of those who are under a strong delusion in the last days as Paul spoke in 2nd thessalonians .

Again , the meaning of necromancy
you are one of those who enjoy arguments for its sake, I'm too old for this, besides the bible has taught me the unprofitability of arguing over words.
Instead of this back and forth and does no one any good where I'm absolutely such you'll learn nothing even if i went passage by passage to explain it to you, instead of this, I will pray to the Holy Spirit to enlighten the eye of your mind and heart that you may see and understand more clearly.
Whenever you decide to have a conversation instead of this arguments, my username is Ubenedictus.

And when someone gives you the etymology of a word, it is usually a stupid idea to go pull up a dictionary meaning. Atleast understand what an etymology is maybe you'd learn that Mancy is about divination.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On May 14
Ubenedictus:
■ The bold is exactly the issue, that we are in Christ and in him there is no such thing as "the dead", all who have gone before us in faith are all in him. Hebrews put it more clearly as we been surrounded by such great a cloud of witnesses. Where protestants see "the dead", Catholics, orthodox, ethiopian and assyriain christians (in fact the entire apostolic churches) will tell you that those are simply our brothers in Christ with whom in Christ we have communion as members of the same body.
And this is where there is divergence, the apostolic and ancient churches believe in "the communion of the saints" which means that all who are in Christ alive or in heaven are united together as one body and have communion of care and charity, and the protestants have not developed their theology enough to know that right now as I speak there are elders in heaven offering to God the incense of my prayers and when i invites christians to join me in prayer I may very well invite those in heaven because they are a cloud of witnesses around me.
■ This is something anyone who has an internet connection can investigate, if you hate catholics feel free to insult them and throw their witness away, but that leaves you with every historic and ancient church established by the apostles, why do they all believe this? Investigate it and maybe you'll realise that the term "body of Christ" used in scripture has a deeper and more profound meaning for Christians than your pastors have taught you.
God is God of the Living and not the Dead simply means that the dead in question are those who were able to obtain God's Eternal Life by way of His Law — whether the Law that existed before the Old Law in the case of Noah& Abraham, or those who obtained it via the Old Law of Moses like the many righteous men of Old along with the Prophets, or those who in Jesus Christ became born-again and obtained it as a gift at the gate into the Kingdom of God. God is God of the Living and not the Dead is not an invitation for you or anyone to concern yourself with those who are gone— whether eternal or none eternal. Just as it was against God for Saul to consult dead Samuel so also it is against God even to this day in Jesus Christ for any man in Him to worship to venerate a dead man. undecided

Recall, that Jesus Christ made clear that He would return to then judge the sheep and goats in His Kingdom. Your Communion of Saints rituals are against God who never gave any man the authority to deem saints those whom He has yet to judge as such. Your Communion of Saints ritual violates Jesus Christ's right as King and Judge in the Kingdom of God by conferring sainthood on those whom God has yet to judge. It violates Jesus Christ in the Kingdom of God by suggesting men can sit as intermediaries for Him where He has made clear that He alone is head/Master/authority over each and everyone who belongs to Him. It violates the Gospel/Law in the Kingdom of God as it raises some of the citizens of the Kingdom of God — assuming all your so-called saints are genuinely born-again and thus citizens of the Kingdom of God— above others, an act which is against Jesus Christ who instead said that all are equals in the Kingdom of God. I could go on but the long and short of it is that your rituals are of evil and not of God! undecided

3. The Internet is not where you learn the Truth of the God of Isreal — Jesus Christ! undecided
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by MightySparrow: 11:42pm On May 15
MaxInDHouse:

In the beginning Rome as a nation stood against the disciples of Christ and all of them suffered greatly in the hands of Roman Emperors in fact Apostle Paul was beheaded by a Roman Emperor.

Politicians often seek means to expand their territory by all means so when Constantine a Roman Emperor discovered that he could use the Apostates (former members of the church) to strengthen his government he invited them and formed a council this council are the ones who started the Roman Catholic Church but it wasn't easy for them because the real disciples (Christians) knew these ones aren't really interested in what Jesus taught they're only yearning for positions. 3John 1:9-10
So these Apostates started instigating the Roman Emperor against the real Christians claiming they're against the Christ and since the Emperor's main objective is politics while true Christians don't practice politics he gave the apostates all the support they needed to wipe out the true Christians.
That was how the Catholic Church became the prominent religion people knew back then as Christians. The real disciples of Christ don't engage in politics or military services because their leader commanded them to be harmless as dove {Matthew 10:16} which will be extremely impossible for politicians who only want the backing of men! Matthew 19:26

If you are open minded you will notice that the Catholic Church has nothing to say or do when members of their church are fighting against their fellow worshipers in other lands, that's totally unchristian because Jesus commanded his own disciples to have love among themselves just as he love them {John 13:34-35} meaning that it's better for them to lay down their lives in behalf of their fellow believers than to be the ones killing their brothers in the faith.

So my friend the Catholic Church is the religion that promoted what the Bible called the Antichrist religion that bears the name of Christ but has nothing to do with his opinion rather they're doing the direct opposite of what he laid down as legacy! 1John 2:18; 2John 1:7

If you want to know more about this Google "the dark ages" you will be shocked to see the atrocities committed by the same Catholic Church in the past which led many to protest against the church becoming PROTESTANTS.

This is just a community biased truth lacks the historical facts that led to separation of first, the revolt of Martin Luther, King Henry VIII and eventual separation of groups from Catholic Church.

Tell us the real truth if you know.
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On May 16
ErnestNc:
■ The whole bible or history before the arrival of Jesus, which Includes the law , taught men and schooled them on how to live a life that pleased God . This program was a temporal one and a shadow of what is to come , on waiting for the arrival of the one who would then teach men the true and final way that would please God .
■ The ways Daniel prayed, Abraham or Aaron sacrificed would no longer be regarded as a methodology of approaching God, because the messiah is the one who would teach men what to do, to approach God. This is the whole essence of the bible ; the salvation through Christ .
Christ came and taught us how to pray, he taught that he was the sacrifice , the bread of life and only true way to God . This never invalidated the scriptures but clearly interpreted all the symbolism it portrayed. Any method you're applying on how to approach God or methods from other sources that Jesus nor the apostles approved of, neither did they instruct, is a doctrine of devils .
■ The Catholic practice which involves bowing and praying to Mary, or using rosaries as a medium for prayer , my friend , is a foundation of demonic practice as none of the apostles ever did such , and the catholic church home of apostates.
■ I'm in no way abusing the catholic faith , but it is blasphemous to ever say that the catholic faith was the foundation for the Christian faith that Jesus and his apostles passed on , as the margin in the differences are too wide. Catholism is an alien practice , unknown or untraceable to Christ and true christians
1. There was and is absolutely nothing temporal about the Old Law of Moses which happens to be the everlasting Constitutional Law of God's Nation of Isreal in the Land of Canaan. undecided
24 You must remember this command. This law is for you and your descendants forever. 25 You must remember to do this even when you go to the land the Lord is giving you. - Exodus 12 vs 24 - 25

2. Jesus Christ never taught that He was a sacrifice! Jesus Christ is no interpretation to symbolism. He was instead God's New agreement promised by God of Israel to the House of Jacob. undecided

3. By the way, Jesus Christ is famously known to have distanced Himself from the religious leaders of His time, along with their doctrines — Jesus Christ was against Religion. The religion of Christianity that you know today was modeled after the very same Religion that Jesus Christ disavowed; the entirety of what you know as Christianity today was built on a foundation that was laid down by the very Catholic church you abhor. So? undecided

4. Religion, according to Jesus Christ, is antiChrist - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. So, it ain't about casting down some denominations or sects while you lift up others. undecided
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26am On May 16
FatherChrismas:

READ the septuagint your knowledge will be greatly improved.
It might take you just 4 months to understand biblical Greek
The new testament was not written in English

Do you eat food prepared by others or you've always have to prepare everything you eat?

The Bible was written in someone's language but then when talking about reasons why you need to read the book ask yourself what you want to achieve by reading it.

If you can afford a deep freezer you don't have to travel all the way to Antarctica just to keep your beef safely stored! undecided
Re: The Churches That Broke Away From The Catholic Church. by ErnestNc: 5:32am On May 16
Kobojunkie:
1. There was and is absolutely nothing temporal about the Old Law of Moses which happens to be the everlasting Constitutional Law of God's Nation of Isreal in the Land of Canaan. undecided

You just love pointless arguments u cannot back . When Jesus came , did he sacrifice animals ? What are you talking about ? Oya keep the law if you can . You said it's not temporal and Jesus didn't fulfil it. If it wasn't temporal then why don't we practice it and why did Jesus have to fulfil it?

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith gal 3:24

2. Jesus Christ never taught that He was a sacrifice! Jesus Christ is no interpretation to symbolism. He was instead God's New agreement promised by God of Israel to the House of Jacob. undecided

“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. John 11:18

You just want to deceive unsuspecting folks. If Jesus didn't teach that he was the sacrifice, then what's the point of his coming? People should be very careful of you. You are very subtle in deception . You have the urge to discredit people with out understanding.

3. By the way, Jesus Christ is famously known to have distanced Himself from the religious leaders of His time, along with their doctrines — Jesus Christ was against Religion. The religion of Christianity that you know today was modeled after the very same Religion that Jesus Christ disavowed; the entirety of what you know as Christianity today was built on a foundation that was laid down by the very Catholic church you abhor. So? undecided

You don't have a point oga madam . I don't understand the reason for quoting Me on this, cuz you're clearly attacking me cuz you think I practice religion and that's very funny cuz you're evidently prejudiced. I don't belong to any faction or denomination. Try someone else

4. Religion, according to Jesus Christ, is antiChrist - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. So, it ain't about casting down some denominations or sects while you lift up others. undecided
Again , I'm not your candidate .

Please read your bible coherently and stick to sound doctrine before trying to discredit people who are trying to pass down the true message of the bible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

400 Churchgoers Dress As Jesus To Put Christ Back In Christmas / Nigerians Please Narrate YOUR Ordeal With Christ Embassy / You Are Invited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.