Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger (17755 Views)

Bandits Kidnap Man And His Five Children, Shoot Two Policemen In Abuja / Kidnapped Two Wives And Five Children Of Taraba Monarch Found Dead (Photos) / Cameroonian Woman’s 3 Children Die After Eating The Poisoned Food She Prepared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by MentalCase98: 8:43am On Apr 23
CheapHomes1:

so a 10year can think of smashing car window with their feet because their feet is made of iron.
well done.

Bro I don’t know about you but at 10 years old I had the brains to know that if I was suffocating in a jammed car I should probably break the windows to escape and I had the strength to do it too.

I don’t know how feeble you think 10 year olds are. I was even expecting to read the children were toddlers or babies when I first saw the headline.

1 Like

Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by erniok(m): 8:58am On Apr 23
Itiskdg121:
Negligence from the car owner. He should have locked the door.
Nigerians don't understand safety at all.

Avoidable deaths are very painful
Abandoned for 2 years. Thieves could have broken into it and left it open. Owner might even have relocated out of the vicinity.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by faceland: 9:02am On Apr 23
MentalCase98:
So none of them thought of smashing the car window open their feet or something?

Or even screaming for help including the 10 years old. For 5 hours.

The parents didn't even noticed everywhere was too peaceful for 5 sold hours.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Itiskdg121(m): 9:03am On Apr 23
You're right though
erniok:

Abandoned for 2 years. Thieves could have broken into it and left it open. Owner might even have relocated out of the vicinity.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by faceland: 9:04am On Apr 23
MentalCase98:

Bro I don’t know about you but at 10 years old I had the brains to know that if I was suffocating in a jammed car I should probably break the windows to escape and I had the strength to do it too.

I don’t know how feeble you think 10 year olds are. I was even expecting to read the children were toddlers or babies when I first saw the headline.

Especially when paniced and suffocating (that las fight). Or just make noice/cry for help.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Donedeal1(m): 9:20am On Apr 23
What's the aim of calling it "abandoned vehicle"
Who abandoned it?
Since when?.

This vehicle looks like parked inside a compound with residents.

Such should be properly locked.

Except for bad battery
Those children should by now able to protect themselves.
We need to change our schools curriculum

Things like self defense, things to do,safety first, emergency cases, accidents occurred etc
Should be incorporate into schools syllabuses.

2 Likes

Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by CheapHomes1: 9:22am On Apr 23
MentalCase98:

did you not see where I told you "well done"? I know that at 10years, your leg and hand na iron so you go fit use am break iron. so car window go be like tissue paper for you. you were very strong.

since you could break car window at 10, what can you break now at your present age?
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Zeebuy: 9:30am On Apr 23
Greattha:
What heartless and careless parents.

How can your children leave your peripheral vision without you calling out to know where they are?

Monitor your children.

Gone are the days when parents felt safe enough to yell..." lo sere nita"..."go and play outside" without fearing the worst.

11am to 4pm inside this heat

And nobody in the neighbourhood saw or heard the cries of these babies?

So sad😡

No dey talk nonsense. I'm sure you're not a parent, how can you say the parents are wicked? How possible is it to monitor kids 24/7? It's not as if they were babies
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Offpoint1: 9:42am On Apr 23
Greattha:

How can your children leave your peripheral vision without you calling out to know where they are?

Monitor your children.

Gone are the days when parents felt safe enough to yell..." lo sere nita"..."go and play outside" without fearing the worst.

So sad😡

You heard they've been searched from that time till 4pm... You should know inside cars are soundproof.

The abandoned car should had been locked.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by managemoney(m): 9:48am On Apr 23
This is too bad cry
By the way, checkout all available job vacancies across Nigeria using the link in my signature 👇
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Greattha: 9:52am On Apr 23
Your stupidity knows no bounds if not "nonsense won't be coming from you.

Be asking me if its possible to monitor chidren 24hrs...What a stupid question

Yes some situations are beyond control but children shouldn't be left without monitoring.

Just because parents in Nigeria can lock up children in homes and go out to parties/work doesn't mean it's normal.

You're definitely one of those parents that's even if you're a parent.

Try am for here, dem go jail you.

Nonsense.

Zeebuy:

No dey talk nonsense. I'm sure you're not a parent, how can you say the parents are wicked? How possible is it to monitor kids 24/7? It's not as if they were babies
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Mccullum: 9:58am On Apr 23
victorclean:
Too bad. Hardship is pushing people to untold evil varices. This government should wake up asap

So it's hardship caused this unfortunate tragedy these innocent children caused to themselves out of ignorance.

You would have just pray for them to rest in peace and console grieving families.

How does government involve on this? May God give their parents fortitude to bear this pathetic monumental loss. Amen.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by keymatt(m): 10:04am On Apr 23
Why didn't the children shout Abi the car is sound proof
May God comfort the parents. What a painful loss. sad
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Greattha: 10:07am On Apr 23
A car that had been abandoned for 2 years should've been locked

If you insist on that.

Oga, parents should monitor their children closely especially when they're within their environment hence my use of 'peripheral vision".

Circumstances differ but when a parent doesn't hear the child's voice or noise for 20minutes, a normal parent in this day and age woud call out .

I agree cars are sound proof especially when the screens are wound-up but the question is what kind of play did the children play that far away from the parents to an abandoned building/compound into an abandoned car without them noticing on time?

They searched from 11 to 4....how far away was the car from the parents place?

Well sha...to each his own and whatever floats your boat.

Offpoint1:

You heard they've been searched from that time till 4pm... You should know inside cars are soundproof.

The abandoned car should had been locked.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Greattha: 10:10am On Apr 23
Thank you.

Some imps are quoting me, arguing with themselves.

Okortor:
I don't understand why a parent would be so careless not to notice a child's absence for such lengthy hours or does it mean no one is around to look for them at the moment?
Quite sad

1 Like

Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Zeebuy: 10:23am On Apr 23
Greattha:
Your stupidity knows no bounds if not "nonsense won't be coming from you.

Be asking me if its possible to monitor chidren 24hrs...What a stupid question

Yes some situations are beyond control but children shouldn't be left without monitoring.

Just because parents in Nigeria can lock up children in homes and go out to parties/work doesn't mean it's normal.

You're definitely one of those parents that's even if you're a parent.

Try am for here, dem go jail you.

Nonsense.

Quit vituperating, you're not the only one based abroad. The kids in this post are old enough to know right from left. One of them is even 10 years old. I'm not parent but I have family who have kids both in Nigeria and in the US, and I know it's not possible to watch them 24/7 and no law mandates you must have your eyes on them all the time.
Kids will always be kids.

And you need to work on yourself, I don't understand why you should be drooling like a bulldog over a post. Is everything alright at home?
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Greattha: 10:28am On Apr 23
Na you sabi.

Na your papa dey drool like bulldog.

Make your comments and stay off my mentions.

No law mandating constant monitoring of children that are obviously under 18.
You're obviously confident in your ignorance so no need arguing further.
Qed.

Zeebuy:

Quit vituperating, you're not the only one based abroad. The kids in this post are old enough to know right from left. One of them is even 10 years old. I'm not parent but I have family who have kids both in Nigeria and in the US, and I know it's not possible to watch them 24/7 and no law mandates you must have your eyes on them all the time.
Kids will always be kids.

And you need to work on yourself, I don't understand why you should be drooling like a bulldog over a post. Is everything alright at home?
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Pat081: 10:46am On Apr 23
Greattha:

Monitor your children.

So sad😡

Bitter true 11am to 4pm
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Offpoint1: 11:03am On Apr 23
Greattha:
A car that had been abandoned for 2 years should've been locked

If you insist on that.

Oga, parents should monitor their children closely especially when they're within their environment hence my use of 'peripheral vision".

Circumstances differ but when a parent doesn't hear the child's voice or noise for 20minutes, a normal parent in this day and age woud call out .

I agree cars are sound proof especially when the screens are wound-up but the question is what kind of play did the children play that far away from the parents to an abandoned building/compound into an abandoned car without them noticing on time?

They searched from 11 to 4....how far away was the car from the parents place?

Well sha...to each his own and whatever floats your boat.

You probably don't have kids, nor have been around them or you have but have and was fortune with silver spoon, so you live in a gated mansion.

You have no clue how slippery children are, you can't 100% guard them. Kids can cover miles in just 5 minutes
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Emmanuel30a: 11:21am On Apr 23
post=129583837:

Source: https://punchng.com/five-children-die-in-abandoned-car-in-niger/
E don happen e don happen, na so e go dey happen... What has happened has happened, we are waiting for next...inside...? Who is next or what is next...? You would knows with our text and context... Next please...
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by maasoap(m): 11:24am On Apr 23
Greattha:

Monitor your children.

So sad😡

Learned to read and comprehend. They searched for them but just didn't know it was inside the overlooked abandoned car they were.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by maasoap(m): 11:26am On Apr 23
KingAzubuike:
I know some people will still come here and blame the owner of the vehicle.
Yes. If the kids could lock themselves in, what stopped the owner from locking the doors from outside? It was a case of negligence if you have ever heard the term
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by maasoap(m): 11:28am On Apr 23
MentalCase98:
So none of them thought of smashing the car window open their feet or something?
Boys would have known what to do, perhaps
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Greattha: 11:38am On Apr 23
Well, you're entitled to your opinion.

This is not about silver spoons or gated communities....

No matter how rich or wealthy one is, we all came from one village/town or the other.

As far as early childhood (E.C.E) is concerned, children (anyone under 18) should be monitored closely and regularly...wether rich or poor.

I'm not saying 100% cos they'll definitely go to school etc.

I also acknowledge that kids can be slippery.

My point is, the death of those kids was avoidable...parents need to monitor their kids more.

Gone are the days when the entire community assisted in raising kids...no one would care for your child like you would.

Offpoint1:

You probably don't have kids, nor have been around them or you have but have and was fortune with silver spoon, so you live in a gated mansion.

You have no clue how slippery children are, you can't 100% guard them. Kids can cover miles in just 5 minutes
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Greattha: 11:44am On Apr 23
Mr reader teacher,

Come and teach me how to read and comprehend.

What exactly did I miss or fail to comprehend?

Meanwhile, the correct word to begin your comment is "Learn" not "learned"

maasoap:

Learned to read and comprehend. They searched for them but just didn't know it was inside the overlooked abandoned car they were.
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by maasoap(m): 11:47am On Apr 23
Greattha:
Mr reader teacher,

Come and teach me how to read and comprehend.

Meanwhile, the correct word to begin your comment is "Learn" not "learned"

You should have known better, the reason. But still, learn to read and comprehend
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by truthhurts2: 12:56pm On Apr 23
victorclean:
Too bad. Hardship is pushing people to untold evil varices. This government should wake up asap
Pls what concern hardship on top this matter for crying out loud?

Is it because of the hardship that caused the children playing around or is the one that made them locked themselves up?
Re: Five Children Die In Abandoned Car In Niger by Petermarshal(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23
Effects of high price of fuel and vehicle maintenance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Caught Trying To Kidnap A Child In Kano (Video) / Photos From The Burial Of Isaac Achi, Catholic Priest Burnt To Death In Niger / Pls Don't Update Your Internet Banking Details Through Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.