Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway (25756 Views)

Car Veers Off A Bridge, Lands In A Ditch But Driver Still Came Out Unhurt.Photos / Car Carrying Entire Family Veers Off The Road,lands Into River In Imo(pics) / Driver Veers Off Asa Dam Bridge In Kwara, Lands Into A River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by Khyrvxjzy: 2:09pm On Apr 23
omoredia:

It's better. U will die pòor since thats ur wish

i will die poor so far peter obi never become president
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by Teejaney88(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23
Dana Again🤔
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by manduwem(m): 2:23pm On Apr 23
Hmmmmm please o, make DANA leave rough play o. The memories are still evergreen
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by Bimpe29: 3:05pm On Apr 23
Alihamdulillahi Rabili Alameen for no loss of life.
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by CluelessMODS: 5:00pm On Apr 23
omoredia:
Tinubu go finish una papa. There are consequences
Irrelevant comment

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by CluelessMODS: 5:01pm On Apr 23
Washington2070:

What concerns Tinubu with this now?
The dude doesn't have common sense.
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by CluelessMODS: 5:04pm On Apr 23
maxiuc:
grin

You can only find this md83 aircraft still operating only in shithole country

The Government should ground this Aircraft now forever this plane is too old to fly in Nigeria Airspace,

Very Old Aircraft

When it comes to Air travel no let cheap price carry you go where you no know

Indians should only fly Dana, in their Logo they said Dana is the smartest way to fly but it a lie because Dana na the most sapaist way to fly with just chikini money you are in the sky
Una go just dey comment rubbish, md83 that is still being used all over here in the US.
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by omoredia: 5:07pm On Apr 23
CluelessMODS:

Irrelevant comment

Ur own relevant opinion has turned u to a beggar already
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by sinero: 5:08pm On Apr 23
omoredia:
Tinubu go finish una papa. There are consequences

I wonder why some type without consulting their number 6. Hatred and bitterness go soon give u heart attack. We will keep telling u, elections r over, move on.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by extremelygolden: 5:20pm On Apr 23
I thank God the evil plans of the evil one was averted through the mercy of God.

Last month, The Anonymous Group predicted what would have been a terrible crash of either Dana or Arik, and I am happy the airline management heeded to the Anonymous recommendation and the crash was averted!

So happy no crash occurred, no life lost and no blood spilled.
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by antiMuhamad: 5:34pm On Apr 23
maxiuc:
grin

The Government should ground this Aircraft now forever this plane is too old to fly in Nigeria Airspace,

Very Old Aircraft

Indians should only fly Dana, in their Logo they said Dana is the smartest way to fly but it a lie because Dana na the most sapaist way to fly with just chikini money you are in the sky
I tell you bro. I have done a lot of research and saw many YouTube videos about this plane...lots of terrible crash records. I can't fly one.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by flokii: 5:59pm On Apr 23
That airplane left Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport for Lagos in my presence, around same time Aero Contractors left for Kano.. thank God no life was lost

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by maxiuc(m): 6:30pm On Apr 23
CluelessMODS:

Una go just dey comment rubbish, md83 that is still being used all over here in the US.
the use it for cargo transport only few Airlines use it for passenger

Examples like spirits Airlines JetBlue Hawaii airlines just to name few and they are been grounded and scrapped gradually

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by maxiuc(m): 6:36pm On Apr 23
NwokoloOwa:
Dana management are wicked and heartless and the Nigerian Civil Aviation authorities are even more wicked and heartless.

For God's sake why should Dana's McDonald Douglas (MD-83) still be in Nigerian Skies. Why? These series of aircraft by Dana can be rightly referred to as flying coffins.

How many incidences would Dana be involved in before their McDonald Douglas (MD-83) are grounded finally. The McDonald Douglas (MD-83) series are over 40 years with very few airlines using them. They have virtually been phased out thus making access to spare parts more difficult which can led to their worthiness been compromised. The authorities must act now. I know I can never find myself using
that's the same question am asking how do they perform C checks on those Aircraft since they are no longer in production softwares upgrades and so many more.... Dana Airlines are just gambling with people's life untill this Aircraft crashes and taking lifes that's when Nigerian Government will act Dana Airlines is the only airline flying MDs here in Nigeria
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by haphizz57(m): 6:41pm On Apr 23
maxiuc:
MD 83 aircraft no fit carry reach 200 passengers talk more 258

100 to 170 sitting capacity that's MD 83 unless it is MD 11
Oh really im sorry
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by haphizz57(m): 6:43pm On Apr 23
ebosed:
Killed 153 onboard and 6 people on ground. It is not 258. Please check again.

I'm sorry for giving wrong figure. I ve forgotten it's bn awhile

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by Kemadealadire(f): 7:52pm On Apr 23
They are cheaper plus most people use them with hopes they have learned from their past incidents.
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by Londerry: 8:08pm On Apr 23
I think Dana airline should be ban until the aviation regulators to proper reassessment of that airline. I boarded a flight from PHC to Lag, the flight was flying like a duck in the air, swinging from left to right.
I don’t use Dana airline anymore
Thank God everyone is safe!!!
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by CluelessMODS: 8:30pm On Apr 23
omoredia:

Ur own relevant opinion has turned u to a beggar already
Mumu comment!
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by PHAYOL81: 9:42pm On Apr 23
Thank goodness they arrived and disembarked safely. It could've been worse if whatever challenge the aircraft got at that point of arrival happened midair.
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by bamasite2: 8:57am On Apr 24
What do you really gain by using every opportunity to call your country a shit hole?
maxiuc:
grin

Very Old Aircraft

Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by maxiuc(m): 11:52am On Apr 24
bamasite2:
What do you really gain by using every opportunity to call your country a shit hole?
what do our politicians gain by looting this country dry

Our politicians are the reasons Nigeria is called shithole

I travel to ordinary Cyprus I was wow imagine I swear Nigeria no get levels reach Cyprus since 2days I have not seen lights is it not enough to call this shithole country a shithole

I do virtually everything for myself no government interventions everything that exist and can be found in shithole countries are found and residing in Nigeria so that qualifies Nigeria to be called a shithole country

Oga travel and seee you will understand better
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by maxiuc(m): 11:54am On Apr 24
Londerry:
I think Dana airline should be ban until the aviation regulators to proper reassessment of that airline. I boarded a flight from PHC to Lag, the flight was flying like a duck in the air, swinging from left to right.
I don’t use Dana airline anymore
Thank God everyone is safe!!!
Dana Airlines is just trial and errors

Fly at your own peril
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by bamasite2: 3:12pm On Apr 24
While I get your point, I also need you to understand that Nigerian have used this as an excuse to cover for their own evil ways.

85% of Nigerians are evil people who only complain when they are not the beneficiaries.

maxiuc:
what do our politicians gain by looting this country dry

Our politicians are the reasons Nigeria is called shithole

I travel to ordinary Cyprus I was wow imagine I swear Nigeria no get levels reach Cyprus since 2days I have not seen lights is it not enough to call this shithole country a shithole

I do virtually everything for myself no government interventions everything that exist and can be found in shithole countries are found and residing in Nigeria so that qualifies Nigeria to be called a shithole country

Oga travel and seee you will understand better
Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by Konquest: 4:25pm On Apr 25
babajero:
Thank God everybody was safe.

If na AirPeace now, helanus and his fellow tribal jingoists for don flood nairaland.
Just so you now... In 2019, the same skidding or overshooting off the runway also happened to Air Peace in Port Harcourt as a result of heavy rains. This happens in the aviation industry from time to time.

The pics are right in the NL link below:

=>https://www.nairaland.com/5259825/air-peace-plane-overshoots-runway

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple, Driver, Three Others Die As Driver Rams Into Commercial Bus In Delta / Nigeria's High Speed Railway Project Is 'world-class' - KMPG / Trailer & Bus Accident On Iyana-Oworo Bridge In Lagos (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.