Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down (35308 Views)

Man Kills His Childhood Bully At A School Reunion, 50 Years Later (Photos) / Man Kills School Bully At Reunion After Bearing 53-year Grudge / Lady Slaps Man On ATM Queue. He Walks Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:50pm On Apr 23
A boy beat up my brother.
My Dad asked him why he did so, he answered my Dad that he will beat my brother over again if he ever comes near him.
My Dad gave this guy two hot slaps for beating up my brother.
I felt that guy's pain because the last time my Dad slapped me, I almost got blind. I started feeling moving object in my eyes for days, with the mark of his fingers on my face.
My Dad played Karate in his Youthful age.
His palms are as hard as ...
My mother had to tell my Dad to restrain from slapping his kids that he almost blinded me.

The mother of the boy came to rant at my Dad.
My Dad made a point, you touch my son, you're touching me.
Next time, pick on someone your size and age.

Not all children can fight for themselves.
God bless all parents.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by thatigboman: 7:51pm On Apr 23
Yankee101:
Good
Justice for Maryam
Shut them them if they place money over the safety of kids
Maryam was the bully. The story was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Father4all: 7:51pm On Apr 23
The aspect of a parent slapping the girl bullying her school mate is just a cooked up story to cover the story
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by CoronaVirusPro: 7:51pm On Apr 23
Parents need to start teaching their kids gun handling. Taken them to ranges often so they can defend themselves when it matters.

If the victim had shot the bully dead, it would have been addressed as self defense, and probably will get few years behind bars for illegal possession of arms.

Every parent should perfect the arms handling of their kids before they turn 15. Fights wont be fought with punches or slaps in the future. He/she with better handling wins.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by wahaladondey: 7:54pm On Apr 23
The only mistake that happened here was that the other parents didn’t join in slapping her, let her have a taste of the same medicine she dishes out.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Prettychild(f): 7:56pm On Apr 23

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:57pm On Apr 23
Benjamin4388:

we all go they claim Christians for this Nigeria but na very few they act like that man called Jesus.. follow Jesus interactions most especially with the prostitute who was about to be stoned, you will know very few Nigerian are Christ like.. adult dey make mistake talkless of a kid..you don even enter disgrace us before the world.. shay na this present world person dey fear not to be disgraced... if you good with God..that's all

Y'all should stop this being woke.
Na like this Oyibo end up raising psychos wey dey carry gun go shoot people for public places. It is not in African culture for kids to talk back at adults

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by osazsky(m): 7:58pm On Apr 23
joseph1832:
What actually happened? This is what any sane mind should ask.
them dey fight for one small boy way get long pryk...everyone is fighting for d pryk...and d pryk has yanched all of them including d victim
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by naijapips02: 7:59pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
Bully here bully there , yen,yen,yen.

Our society is so rotten now. In my time a senior would ask me to go and pick my cutlass, he would take me to an open field and measure up to 100m portion for me to cut every morning before assembly. They would flog us with cane. You dare not report them

Nowadays, we keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child. The so-called bullying nowadays were a commonplace in those days. They only made us become a much stronger generation. In many schools,.you dare not beat a student nowadays. Nonsense! In remember the first time I toasted a girl as an SS2 student...heeey, my senior caught us, punished me like kilodee. He said, so you want to end your career at sec schl abi? You want to end up in a village with her after integrating her? I can't forget that day. The fear made me to not have time for girls till I gained admission, graduated and went for my nysc before I knew what's called gf. The punishment really shaped me up.

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 20m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

Who born that student in our time? Na to flog am openly for assembly ground and call his parents to take him away. That would be his end in that school and it's environs. Today, the reverse is the case. I imagine what the next generation would look like.

They made you a coward. That is why you cannot stand up for your rights today
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:59pm On Apr 23
id4sho:

Was that a meeting ?, That was at the hall way. The mother was still wrong at slapping her, why then did the school management call for all parents involved? The school will expel the girl and police can come in since the mum who slapped is a adult.

This is Africa. Our kids don't talk back at us. It's a shameful thing to have your kid talk back at you especially in public.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by thatigboman: 8:00pm On Apr 23
id4sho:

Was that a meeting ?, That was at the hall way. The mother was still wrong at slapping her, why then did the school management call for all parents involved? The school will expel the girl and police can come in since the mum who slapped is a adult.
first of all, it wasn't Namtira (the victim) mum that slapped the girl, it was the aunt.
2ndly, just try and go and watch the videos on twitter, u will shed tears. Complete humiliation. In the 1st video, 2 were slapped the girl "left and right as they were exclaiming" 10 times. And the maryam girl continued in the 2nd video and slapped her 8 times. 18 times caught on video, so there were more outside camera. I watched the videos and I was boiling as if I was the being slapped. I would have looked for an available metal and break those 2 girls' head

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by delpee(f): 8:02pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:
No one touches my kids in school anymore.
I have 4 boys, a set of twins and two younger ones.
The rules are simple, any student touches your younger one y'all go beat them up.
A teacher touches you I will take care of it.
My babymama called me to say she went to pick them from school and walked in on the teacher knocking my son on the head.
Few days later I returned from Abuja, went to get them from school myself, I simply called the teacher aside and told him " This is the first and very last time I will have this kinda conversation with you inside the school compound, the next time you touch my son I would be waiting for you outside the school and I won't be talking"
I have also informed the headteacher, if it happens again, I am withdrawing my 4 sons and someone will spend a long time in the hospital.

I am an advocate of not sparing the rode but teachers are now going to school to unleash their frustration on kids.
I am not paying half a million for you to turn my son to a punching bag

Unfortunately, kids read a different meaning to this. They're empowered to do as they please and then threaten their teachers with "I will tell my daddy". Of course, teachers avoid such students other than basic teaching so as not to fish in troubled waters. Finding a balance is key.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Lamasta(m): 8:03pm On Apr 23
oldguyman:
The school management has failed in their responsibility. Do you want to tell me a school such as this doesn't have CCTV to monitor the student activities. The parent should have slapped the school headteacher instead of the culprit. 

What if the victim did not report to the school authority when it happened
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by id4sho(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23
thatigboman:
first of all, it wasn't Namtira (the victim) mum that slapped the girl, it was the aunt.
2ndly, just try and go and watch the videos on twitter, u will shed tears. Complete humiliation. In the 1st video, 2 were slapped the girl "left and right as they were exclaiming" 10 times. And the maryam girl continued in the 2nd video and slapped her 8 times. 18 times caught on video, so there were more outside camera. I watched the videos and I was boiling as if I was the being slapped. I would have looked for an available metal and break those 2 girls' head
I've watched all the videos. Am not supporting the bully but I only analysed it based on the law . Kids vs kids, no case (only school discipline). Adult vs kids ( you know as e dey go) the aunty took the laws in her hands. No emotions brother
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by henrimoto(m): 8:07pm On Apr 23
honour7:
Na this kind parent I dey like, and e fit be say no be e pikin dem bully
..if fit be true say, no be her pikin them bully so.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Acidosis(m): 8:12pm On Apr 23
Most people detest bullies, including parents who are very much aware that they are raising children who exhibit bullying behaviour. A deceitful generation raising children with animalistic behaviours in the name of "love."

Victims of bullies must be protected, so yeah, I support the parent's decision. In fact, I would suggest that parents should all gather to beat any child that bullies anyone in that school.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Exousiang01: 8:14pm On Apr 23
delpee:

Unfortunately, kids read a different meaning to this. They're empowered to do as they please and then threaten their teachers with "I will tell my daddy". Of course, teachers avoid such students other than basic teaching so as not to fish in troubled waters. Finding a balance is key.
I discipline my kids at home, they know that.
I handle them with an iron fist. I just don't trust the teachers to do that appropriately. If my kid misbehaves tell their mother when she comes to pick them, justice would be done right there and then.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by ebahorjerry: 8:15pm On Apr 23
Guy during my time in those my mate can't intimidate me😠dey no born na well. Gentleness & calmness doesn't pay in d shithole call Nigeria, why can't her fight 4her self. It's wrong 4 d parent to take it upon their self
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by malaria(f): 8:15pm On Apr 23
Most of this schools are business oriented. They no send discipline as to where students are. That's why they rarely punish offenders. They are scared of loosing their customers. This does not call for too much talk. Why cant they expelle or suspend the student involved than creating unnecessary drama on line. Who knows she might be a daughter to a big shot in the society .
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by RickyJesus: 8:19pm On Apr 23
honour7:
Defiantly, na no nonsense parent.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Acidosis(m): 8:19pm On Apr 23
ebahorjerry:
Guy during my time in those my mate can't intimidate me 😠dey no born na well. Gentleness & calmness doesn't pay in d shithole call Nigeria, why can't her fight 4her self. It's wrong 4 d parent to take it upon their self

People who say this are actually bullies. Why are you offended by the parent's action? Typical bully behaviour. Asking every child to stand up to bully won't solve anything. Some children do not have the strength and energy for fight, and it's not a weakness.

3 Likes

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by RickyJesus: 8:23pm On Apr 23
NeoWanZaeed:
The person recording should also be protected
They knew it would go viral, and now there will be strick rule on using of phone.

By the way, the you know if there is strick restrictions on using of phone now?

In my time there is none, and I started bring phone to school from Jss 2 with my own money. And I use more better phones in Ss2 when symbian was bubbling. I don't think there would be any serious restrictions.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by RickyJesus: 8:26pm On Apr 23
StOla:

I think that was implied.
Clearly, I wanted replying him but it seems I would be abiding to his shenanigans.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by meobizy(f): 8:31pm On Apr 23
Nairaland always carrying last. This place suffers the same fate as Reddit when it comes to breaking news. That is why legitimate journalists should be employed as supermoderators.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:32pm On Apr 23
RickyJesus:

They knew it would go viral, and now there will be strick rule on using of phone.

By the way, the you know if there is strick restrictions on using of phone now?

In my time there is none, and I started bring phone to school from Jss 2 with my own money. And I use more better phones in Ss2 when symbian was bubbling. I don't think there would be any serious restrictions.

Using of phone is different from supporting, aiding and abbeting crime.

1 Like

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by joseph1832(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23
osazsky:
them dey fight for one small boy way get long pryk...everyone is fighting for d pryk...and d pryk has yanched all of them including d victim
how did you come about this?
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Wizzyonyxphoenix(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23
Eriokanmi:
Bully here bully there , yen,yen,yen.

Our society is so rotten now. In my time a senior would ask me to go and pick my cutlass, he would take me to an open field and measure up to 100m portion for me to cut every morning before assembly. They would flog us with cane. You dare not report them

Nowadays, we keep sparing the rod and spoiling the child. The so-called bullying nowadays were a commonplace in those days. They only made us become a much stronger generation. In many schools,.you dare not beat a student nowadays. Nonsense! In remember the first time I toasted a girl as an SS2 student...heeey, my senior caught us, punished me like kilodee. He said, so you want to end your career at sec schl abi? You want to end up in a village with her after integrating her? I can't forget that day. The fear made me to not have time for girls till I gained admission, graduated and went for my nysc before I knew what's called gf. The punishment really shaped me up.

In 2016 @ Day waterman college where each student pays up to 20m naira per session, a student approached his teacher openly and wooed her, even promising to give her triple what the shool was paying her if she could allow him sleep with her. What bullying could be worse than that from a student to his teacher grin? Yet, they couldn't do anything about it cos once the student reports to his parents that they're punishing him, they'd withdraw him and the school wouldn't want to lose money so they just ignored that.

Who born that student in our time? Na to flog am openly for assembly ground and call his parents to take him away. That would be his end in that school and it's environs. Today, the reverse is the case. I imagine what the next generation would look like.

I detest comments like these....
Justifying evil shamelessly...
So because of the animalistic conditions you were subjected to as a child, it is now okay for a child to inflict undue pain on another person's child in the name of trying to make them stronger? Did you even watch the video to see how helpless and defenceless the girl being bullied really felt? If it were your daughter that was being slapped that way, you would tell her to chest it because it would make her stronger Abi?
You're obviously a very shallow minded human being and it is very dangerous to have someone like you parent a child. Honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Greenfaces: 8:35pm On Apr 23
honour7:
I love that parent already she acted on my behalf dem suppose brush nonsense comot that pikin face
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by onuman: 8:40pm On Apr 23
Yugoslavia247:
Emotion at play
Still wrong slapping the child
Na the teacher or principal Dem suppose slap
Or the parent of the child. Make e be man to man.

The bully na spoilt brat wey Dem agbado miscreants go later serve as servants.

The fraudulent political structure created by northern soldiers is reason why Agbado people and rest of the southern people will serve the student bully in future...
Tinubu crisscrossed the SW region for 12 years asking for political restructuring of Nigeria. Now Tinubu is in charge of Nigeria. Talk about Restructuring Nigerian politically is off his table.
Spell traitors and cowards - Agbado.
Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by thatigboman: 8:41pm On Apr 23
id4sho:

I've watched all the videos. Am not supporting the bully but I only analysed it based on the law . Kids vs kids, no case (only school discipline). Adult vs kids ( you know as e dey go) the aunty took the laws in her hands. No emotions brother
I didn't support the aunt's action. I mean, what's she trying to prove or achieve.
I didnt even bother when the whole social media was buzzing about the bullying. Just decided to watch the video today and I felt so so sad. Emotional Intelligence. Put myself in the other person's shoe. Thinking if it were my daughter. I swear someone would have died. The principal or the head teacher. I swear.

2 Likes

Re: Parent Slaps Bully At Abuja British School: Institution Temporarily Shuts Down by Brushstrokes20: 8:44pm On Apr 23
I would have done worse!
bullies deserves to rest in PIECES!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“We Killed Cyriacus Onunkwo, Imo Catholic Priest By Mistake” – Suspect Confesses / Nigerian Man Beaten & Tortured In Malaysia By Fellow Nigerians (Photos) / Woman Killed After Suicidal 12-Year-Old Jumps Off Bridge And Lands On Her Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.