Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo (17839 Views)

Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Man In Kogi Over Sachet Water (Graphic Pics) / Policeman Kills Boy Selling Pure Water In Port-Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Policeman Kills Guest During Burial In Delta (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by NaijaCover(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23
A trigger-happy policeman popularly known as Saheed SARS allegedly shot a corps member identified as Iyanda Damilola to death in Ogbomoso Local Government Area of Oyo State on Tuesday.

PUNCH Online gathered that Saheed is an operative of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Oyo State Police Command.

Saheed is widely recognised by the students of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso for assaults, most especially “Yahoo boys”.

In 2020, he was heavily criticised on social media platforms after he reportedly posed with a white Mercedez Benz car he claimed to have bought.

The deceased’s brother, Iyanda Oluwafemi, who graduated from LAUTECH, on Monday, said he sustained wounds from bullets shot by Saheed.

Speaking with our correspondent, Oluwafemi, a graduate of Accounting and Management Sciences from the institution, said the deceased was his brother and that he had attended his convocation, after which they headed for an after-party the same day where he was shot dead by the trigger-happy cop.

According to him, the late Damilola was serving in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

He said, “Yesterday was our convocation, and we were at a lounge (name withheld) for a convocation party around 2am when we heard that some people were fighting outside. When we discovered that the place was getting rowdy, we stepped out only to see policemen dispersing the crowd and shooting directly at the people.

“I sustained bullet wounds, but my brother, who came for my convocation, was shot in the head. He was confirmed dead at the LAUTECH Teaching Hospital and was taken to the mortuary this morning.

“As I speak with you, I am at the clinic for my treatment. The wounds are deep, and I can not but seek justice for my innocent brother.”

Asked if he could recognise the policemen who came for the operation, Oluwafemi said he was sure of Saheed SARS because he led them to the place to disperse the crowd.

“I saw him handling the gun; he was shooting with one hand until he shot my brother,” he added.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Adewale Osifeso, said an investigation was ongoing on the matter and that updates would be provided accordingly.

“Investigation is ongoing. Updates would be provided accordingly, please,” he wrote in a text message.

Source: https://punchng.com/trigger-happy-policeman-kills-corps-member-injures-lautech-graduate-in-oyo/

5 Likes

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by NaijaCover(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23
Oh My Lord Jesus Christ 😦, I'm Shocked Now

2 Likes

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by NoSmoking: 4:55pm On Apr 23
👀
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by madridguy(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23
What a sad story. We hope justice will prevail.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by NaijaCover(m): 7:10pm On Apr 23
Boss Nlfpmod
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by id4sho(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23
Not again angry embarassed cry
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by DMerciful(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23
Too much death in the Southern and Northern Protectorates

3 Likes

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by tefishy(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23
embarassed
There are many pressing issues that faults police guidelines. These are things they need to look into rather than smoking themselves with teargas in the name of doing training.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Segzy19: 8:06pm On Apr 23
We only ended SARS but we have not ended police brutality.... Those SARS guys were simply moved back into the police force. They have not changed a bit from their evil ways...

I pray that this Saheed guy is duly prosecuted....

20 Likes

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by DoctorAyukebot(m): 8:06pm On Apr 23
T
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by FatherOfJesus: 8:08pm On Apr 23
Nobody hate police pass me for this life

17 Likes

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by CJStarz: 8:11pm On Apr 23
DMerciful:
To much death in the Southern and Northern Protectorates
U mean Nigeria?
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by odun99(f): 8:11pm On Apr 23
Just sentence the Saheed to death by firing squared.
This is terrible 😞

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by odun99(f): 8:13pm On Apr 23
Goppp:
Verified PayPal Account For ₦5000.

Send and Receive money to anywhere in the world with paypal and Payoneer
Paypal money for ₦750 Naira PER DOLLAR 
Whatsapp: +167》.8》80.79》1.74

Are you buying or selling?
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by GindoX(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23
post=129593836:
Oh My Lord Jesus Christ 😦, I'm Shocked Now

You're shocked? , shocked? Na lie... Na you suppose shock the news

1 Like

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Cj4charles(m): 8:15pm On Apr 23
Nothing happy about this
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Jmk9292(m): 8:21pm On Apr 23
Dispersing people with live bullets... What for? Are they terrorists? Let him be sentenced accordingly

3 Likes

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by coolgb(m): 8:22pm On Apr 23
And the IG wants merger with NSCDC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Chukwuka319(m): 8:29pm On Apr 23
May the animal cop never escape justice!
NPM never disappoint in displaying their animal behaviour anytime, anywhere, anyday.
When you see police recruitment candidates in white writing exams and undergoing all other tests, you would think all are human beings.
Rapists,rogues,armed robbers collaborators,are there hoping to be taken into the force.
Honestly, Encounter with Nigerian police men should be made a binding prayer points for Christians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Ezmans: 8:33pm On Apr 23
madridguy:
What a sad story. We hope justice will prevail.
you can't get justice where there is no justice

1 Like

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by lastmessenger: 8:37pm On Apr 23
If he sees the real criminal he would run away
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:40pm On Apr 23
SARS...

For Nigeria to work..

People that have been victims to each sector should rule that sector.

Just like transformer 6..

It'll be fought with blood and sweat

9ja go clean
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Bossmafia(m): 8:41pm On Apr 23
Ilu weerey.
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by obiekunie01: 8:42pm On Apr 23
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by highchief1: 8:47pm On Apr 23
post=129593825:

Source: https://punchng.com/trigger-happy-policeman-kills-corps-member-injures-lautech-graduate-in-oyo/
nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.what did other guys der do.normally all the policemen in that area are supposed to by lynched.killed and burnt beyond recognition.how many gun them get.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by Faposky95: 8:47pm On Apr 23
tefishy:
embarassed
There are many pressing issues that faults police guidelines. These are things they need to look into rather than smoking themselves with teargas in the name of doing training.

Men in the Land of the Crazy, continually elect the Sane man to rule their affairs, rather than ever chose a Mad man like them......,
Re: Trigger-Happy Policeman Kills Corps Member, Injures LAUTECH Graduate In Oyo by God1blessBiafra: 8:54pm On Apr 23
Zoo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Tortures His Children For Six Months After Pastor Labelled Them Witches / Man Arrested For Stealing Katsina State Government Vehicle [PHOTOS] / Chukwuemeka Uzoukwu Notorious Kidnapper Captured By Police In Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.