Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

$2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg (13495 Views)

‘It’s For Security Purposes’ — Zainab Ahmed Speaks On Depletion Of Excess Crude / States’ Cash Cruch: Governors Beg FG To Postpone $2.1bn Support Repayment / World Bank Approves $2.1bn Loan For Seven Projects In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Lavor234: 3:48pm On Apr 24
Nigeria is SINKING.
At this point we need to pray for God's divine intervention. No cap

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by tctrills: 3:49pm On Apr 24
Patrioticman007:
Imagine Nigeria dying because of USA tissue paper backed with fiat law not Gold nor Silver.
Africa needs to dump dollars for a gold backed currency.
Better said than done. There was far less global economic growth under the gold standard.
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Donaldoni: 3:51pm On Apr 24
From the onset, I knew it was a lie angry

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by tctrills: 3:51pm On Apr 24
chopnaira:

Fixed.

And no it's not done in Advanced economics. It's just thr Obidients mob that have hearts filled with bitterness and hatred for any positive news about Nigeria. Majority of their ranks are IPOB members.
You are blaming the fall of the naira and the destruction of the Nigerian economy on the bitterness of Obidients. You don't know your problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by HBB1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24
Angelfrost:

You sound very dull, and you've the guts to call me daft?!!

So, evil people only exist in 3rd world nations?!!

What exactly has the wishes of everyone in a nation got to do with good leadership?!!

Till date, there are supporters of Trump that speak ill of Biden and America... Research instead of rushing to defend aimlessly.

Tinubu has been voted and elected into office... What's the business of the good and bad citizens with the economic decisions he makes in that sensitive office?!!

Maybe haters of Nigeria among the citizens are the ones padding budgets, and siphoning billions meant for welfare of citizens.

Instead of you dimwits to focus your energies on those directly and indirectly in charge of transforming the fortunes of this nation, you are more concerned about image and other frivolities.

You are a fuul!

Some Americans might not like Biden, byt they don't rejoice when bad things happen to their country.

Never!

If another 9/11 happens tomorrow, many of them in their droves will sign up into the Army.

What is a Country withiut loyal citizens?
Show me a great country without loyal citizens?

At least, it is good you have admitted you are evil.
Know where you stand!

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Bfly: 3:56pm On Apr 24
Lavor234:

May God bless Obasanjo, Atiku, Jonathan and Yar Adua.
Due to them, Nigeria experienced economic bliss for a short while. I am afraid it gets worse from here.Except for divine intervention, we are cooked.

lol…. Those guys incompetencies are the reason for these compounding problems that is almost getting to the breaking point.
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Angelfrost(m): 3:58pm On Apr 24
HBB1:

You are a fuul!

Some Americans might not like Biden, byt they don't rejoice when bad things happen to their country.

Never!

If another 9/11 happens tomorrow, many of them in their droves will sign up into the Army.

What is a Country withiut loyal citizens?
Show me a great country without loyal citizens?

At least, it is good you have admitted you are evil.
Know where you stand!

My mother, father, and every one I know prayed and wished Nigeria well for decades...!

Nigeria has the highest number of well wishers, prayer warriors, and many more that defend her online and offline.

You would know this if you were not too preoccupied with the stupidity of picking fights with the few numbers doing the opposite.

So, I ask you... Why has the nation retrogressed so badly for decades?!!

Even the current President of the nation as well as his predecessor did exactly what you're foaming in the mouth over... They abused and gaslighted the president back then.

Wishes don't develop nor grow nations!

This is what I stated earlier. Counter this with facts, and quit being a dull ass.

SMH!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by joachimnkenchor(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Balogunodua(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24
Read through the comments and you will witness the literacy level of this forum.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by tiger28: 4:17pm On Apr 24
Silence

Ipob??

Emergency Nigerians!!!!
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by LOVEALAIGBO: 4:17pm On Apr 24
DMerciful:
How did Buhari who was hitherto seen as a man of integrity ran a government of kleptocats?

Because he was never a ‘man of integrity’ to begin with! He sold naive Nigerians’ a dummy which they were only too keen to buy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by HBB1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24
Angelfrost:

My mother, father, and every one I know prayed and wished Nigeria well for decades...!

Nigeria has the highest number of well wishers, prayer warriors, and many more that defend her online and offline.

You would know this if you were not too preoccupied with the stupidity of picking fights with the few numbers doing the opposite.

So, I ask you... Why has the nation retrogressed so badly for decades?!!

Even the current President of the nation as well as his predecessor did exactly what you're foaming in the mouth over... They abused and gaslighted the president back then.

Wishes don't develop nor grow nations!

This is what I stated earlier. Counter this with facts, and quit being a dull ass.

SMH!!!

You are daft!

If optimism has not helped you much so far, then your amswer is pessimism?

If I have been optimistic about 50 businesses, then failed, you will tell me to continue life, pessimistic and negative.

Are you this stupid?

Is that what you will teach your children?
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Fearyourcreator: 4:25pm On Apr 24
LegendHero:
This is what we have been telling them that they are shouting defending defending all about.

You have debt obligations, won’t CBN pay it? The FX reserve is not meant to be stagnant, it will rise and fall based on how money comes in and how CBN fulfill obligations.

So it even went downlike this under Jona

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by VULCAN(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24
On Animal Farm- the animals kept bleating four legs good, two legs bad.

Nothing wrong with that but what was abnormal was they kept at it even when the pigs took over power and treated them far worse than the farmer did.

Nigeria is a parallel to that legendary book.

APC political class represents the pigs. They fought with lies and propaganda to defeat PDP alias the farmer.

Once they got power they began to deal with ALL who were not pigs.

Boxer- the horse was the strongest animal on the farm and could have led a rebellion against their tyranny but whenever he was informed of their evil acts he would say that "Napoleon knows best".

Most Christians especially the Yoruba ones are just like Boxer. The only difference is that they chant God knows best and not APC knows best.

Let me just stop here- I'm sure you get the drift

4 Likes

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Apr 24
Fearyourcreator:
■ So it even went downlike this under Jona
It is OK for it to go down as long as the money is being invested in infrastructure, industry and amenities that are to enable the country to thrive better en mass. I am not saying Jonathan used it well but a lot of people are instead against the Government flushing money down the drain to prop up the Naira all so Dangote can "save the day" and become a trillionaire (while your politicians equally benefit their pockets by it). undecided

1 Like

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Angelfrost(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24
HBB1:

You are daft!

If optimism has not helped you much so far, then your amswer is pessimism?

If I have been optimistic about 50 businesses, then failed, you will tell me to continue life, pessimistic and negative.

Are you this stupid?

Is that what you will teach your children?
What a shame!

Please, don't be stupid.

We are talking about national development, not the feelings or wishes of individual citizens.

Wishes and optimism or pessimism of a nation's citizens means nothing if the leaders don't deliver.

That's why Nigeria remains home to the most optimistic, prayerful, and happy people on Earth, yet their nation continues to slide into the cesspit of corruption and underdevelopment.

If blind faith and hope were enough to move a nation forward, Nigeria would be lending money to China and America, not the other way around.

This is just a simple fact, but nope... You are more interested in attacking people you perceive as enemies of a country that has never seen sound and technocratic leadership since Independence.

You need an education. I have done my best for you.

Now, go find someone else to trouble with your silliness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by HBB1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24
Angelfrost:

Please, don't be stupid.

We are talking about national development, not the feelings or wishes of individual citizens.

Wishes and optimism or pessimism of a nation's citizens means nothing if the leaders don't deliver.

That's why Nigeria remains home to the most optimistic, prayerful, and happy people on Earth, yet their nation continues to slide into the cesspit of corruption and underdevelopment.

If blind faith and hope were enough to move a nation forward, Nigeria would be lending money to China and America, not the other way around.

This is just a simple fact, but nope... You are more interested in attacking people you perceive as enemies of a country that has never seen sound and technocratic leadership since Independence.

You need an education. I have done my best for you.

Now, go find someone else to trouble with your silliness.

Wishing your country evil makes you an enemy, simple.

...and that makes you plain evil.
I am sure I can guess where you are from too.

In the end, the same energy you project, will come back to you...
You can't escape it.
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Forkthiefnubu: 4:48pm On Apr 24
Do you know that Buhari is not a Nigerian ? He came to destroy Nigeria
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Forkthiefnubu: 4:54pm On Apr 24
HBB1:

Very daft analogy!

So in the UK and US, there are citizens who become happy when bad things happen to their Countries?

Same UK and US, that I know?

People will starr laughing when their currency loses value?
Was that not one of the things that got Liz Truss into trouble?

So if your candidate lost, the Country should burn instead?
You are evil!

You shud ask for the tuition fees wasted on two bit education back, I read your comments and am abashed, you are incredibly stoooooopiiiiddddddd
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Cindypresh(f): 5:26pm On Apr 24
SoNature:
Did they loot the rest? undecided

I don't trust these people in government now!

You don't need radio jingles to know this nau.

Sai Baba, sorry sai tinupoo 😂
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Fearyourcreator: 5:33pm On Apr 24
Kobojunkie:
It is OK for it to go down as long as the money is being invested in infrastructure, industry and amenities that are to enable the country to thrive better en mass. I am not saying Jonathan used it well but a lot of people aren't instead against the Government flushing money down the drain to prop up the Naira all so Dangote can "save the day" and become a trillionaire (while your politicians equally benefit their pockets by it). undecided
Are you a Nigerian?
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Apr 24
Fearyourcreator:
■ Are you a Nigerian?
Is there a reason why I can't be a Nigerian here? undecided
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Chevrolet076(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/2-1bn-reserve-depletion-cbn-sold-only-581m-to-market-report/

I personally wish FG can sue Bloomberg for the first trigger alarm they dropped earlier which destabilized the whole nation and lead to the depreciation of the naira recently
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by wolebest: 6:13pm On Apr 24
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/2-1bn-reserve-depletion-cbn-sold-only-581m-to-market-report/

These Bloomberg News organisation no dey mind their business ........

Their busybody too much ........................ make dem leave us.

The Western Countries use these media houses to create a lot of panic in the system and it gives rise to speculation.
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by PHAYOL81: 7:00pm On Apr 24
dre11:

Cardoso explains depletion
Speaking on the sideline of the just concluded Spring meeting of the International Monetary Fund/World Bank in Washington DC, CBN Governor Olayemi Cardoso said the depleting external reserve is mostly due to factors such as debt repayments, other obligations and also due to the ordinary course of business..
He said: ‘What is important to us is that there is sufficient liquidity in the market. $1 billion is out now, sometimes it is $600, $700 million as the case may be, and that will continue.
“What you see with respect to the shifts in our reserves, is a shift that you will find in any country’s reserves situation, where for example, debts are due and certain payments need to be made: they are made because that is also part of keeping your credibility

I guess I'll go with his reasons. At least, that's until we have other verifiable data denoting the expenses gone to personal use.
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Fearyourcreator: 7:16pm On Apr 24
Kobojunkie:
Is there a reason why I can't be a Nigerian here? undecided
When you say your politicians, how are they my politician
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by gare(f): 7:20pm On Apr 24
dre11:

so what happened to the rest ? Guy your own would be worst than Emefiele make una continue
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by HBB1(m): 7:30pm On Apr 24
Forkthiefnubu:

You shud ask for the tuition fees wasted on two bit education back, I read your comments and am abashed, you are incredibly stoooooopiiiiddddddd

Hehehe!

Says an slowpoke using a daily data bundle on a cheap chinese knock-off.

Ode!
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Tochi360: 7:59pm On Apr 24
chopnaira:

Fixed.

And no it's not done in Advanced economics. It's just thr Obidients mob that have hearts filled with bitterness and hatred for any positive news about Nigeria. Majority of their ranks are IPOB members.

Hahahahaha grin grin grin grin
So mere wishing fit crumble economy,so if they start wishing bad for Switzerland their economy go fall ba grin grin grin grin

Apc as a govt never had any intention to solve the numerous problems that plagues this Country, they only joined forces to crush pdp, Nigeria is plainly politics and winning elections at all cost to Apc,take Apc to Switzerland their own don finish be dat grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Apr 24
wolebest:
■These Bloomberg News organisation no dey mind their business ..... Their busybody too much ........................ make dem leave us. The Western Countries use these media houses to create a lot of panic in the system and it gives rise to speculation.
Yes, the Media and whistleblowers all over the country are to blame for the government getting caught in the magomago of pouring dollars down the drain to make the Naira look good. undecided🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by Forkthiefnubu: 8:17pm On Apr 24
HBB1:

Hehehe!

Says an slowpoke using a daily data bundle on a cheap chinese knock-off.

Ode!
Even more moronic than I tot , you need to be institutionalized , how they manage to teach u how to read and write is a testimony to what humans can do , take a barely living ectoplasm and make it make coordinated moves
Re: $2.1bn Reserve Depletion: CBN Sold Only $581m To Market — Bloomberg by delpee(f): 8:53pm On Apr 24
How is our problem Bloombergs headache that they keep writing on CBN? Along with IMF and some others, it's clear that all they hope for is our failure. It won't happen by God's grace.

It's good and wise to always pray for our leaders as the Bible says. May God soften hardened hearts to do that which is best and moves our nation forward. Cursing them only aggravates our situation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Third Term Agenda <Vote, Comments> / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Suspends Strike For The Weekend / President Buhari Urges Caution On ECOWAS Common Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.